영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2024.07.21)

최고관리자
2024.07.23 17:22 1,173 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 21 July 2024

Dear brothers and sisters, happy Sunday! The Gospel of today's liturgy (Mk 6:30-34) tells us that the apostles gather around Jesus after returning from their mission. They tell Him what they have accomplished. He then says to them, “Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.” (v. 31). However, the people understand where they are headed and, when they get off the boat, Jesus finds the crowd waiting for Him. He feels compassion for them, and He begins to teach (cf. v. 34).

프란치스코 교황, 삼종기도, 연중 제 16주일, 2024.7.21. 

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 복된 주일입니다. 오늘 전례 복음 (마르코 6,30-34) 은 사명을 마치고 돌아와 예수님 주위에 모이는 사도들에 대해 얘기합니다. 그들은 예수님께 자신들이 성취한 것을 말씀드립니다. 그리고 예수님께서 그들에게 “너희는 따로 외딴곳으로 가서 좀 쉬어라.” (31절) 라고 말씀하십니다. 그러나 군중은 예수님 일행이 어디로 가는지 압니다. 그래서 예수님 일행이 배에서 내릴 때, 예수님께서 군중이 기다리고 있는 것을 보시고 가엾은 마음이 드셔서 그들에게 많은 것을 가르치기 시작하십니다. (34절 참조)

So, on the one hand, there is an invitation to rest, and on the other, Jesus’ compassion for the crowd. It is very beautiful to stop in order to meditate on Jesus’ compassion. These may seem like two incompatible things, while they actually go together: resting and being compassionate. Let us look more closely.

그러므로 한편으로는 쉼에 대한 초대가 있고, 다른 한편으로는 군중에 대한 예수님의 가엾어 하시는 마음이 있습니다. 예수님의 가엾어 하시는 마음을 잠시 묵상하는 것은 매우 아름답습니다. 쉼과 연민을 느끼는 것은 양립할 수 없는 것처럼 보입니다만 실제로는 둘이 함께 갑니다. 좀 더 자세히 들여다봅시다.

Jesus is concerned about the disciples’ tiredness. Perhaps He is aware of a danger that can also concern our lives and our apostolate. This danger can threaten us when, for instance, our enthusiasm in carrying out our mission or our work, as well as the roles and tasks entrusted to us, make us fall victims to a kind of activism which is overly concerned with things to do and with results, and this is a bad thing. We become overly preoccupied with the things to be done, overly preoccupied with results. It then happens that we become agitated and lose sight of what is essential. We risk exhausting our energies and falling into bodily and spiritual fatigue.

예수님께서는 제자들의 피곤함을 걱정하십니다. 예수님께서 우리의 삶과 우리의 사도직에 영향을 줄 수 있는 위험을 인지하고 계실 것입니다. 이 위험은 예를 들어 우리의 사명, 일, 우리에게 맡겨진 역할과 과업을 수행하고자 하는 우리의 열정 때문에 우리가 행동주의의 희생양이 되는 것이고 이것은 좋지 않습니다. 행동주의는 할 일과 결과에 대해 지나치게 걱정하는 것입니다. 우리가 해야 할 일과 결과에 지나치게 집착하게 되어 동요하게 되고 본질적인 것을 보지 못하게 됩니다. 우리는 에너지를 소진하고 육체적, 정신적 피로감에 빠지는 위험을 집니다.

This is an important warning for our life and for our society which is often held prisoner by haste, but also for the Church and pastoral service: brothers and sisters, let us beware of the dictatorship of doing! And this can also happen out of necessity, within our families, for example when the father has to be away for work to earn a living, thus having to sacrifice the time he could have spent with the family. Often, parents leave early in the morning when the children are still sleeping and return late in the evening when they are already in bed. And this is a social injustice. In families, fathers and mothers should have time to share with their children, to let love grow within their family and in order not to fall into the dictatorship of doing. Let us think about what we can do to help people who are forced to live in this way.

이는 우리 삶과 종종 성급함의 포로가 되는 사회, 뿐만 아니라 교회와 사목적 봉사에도 중요한 경고입니다. 형제자매 여러분, 행동 독재를 조심합시다. 이것은 불가피하게 가정에서 일어날 수 있습니다. 예를 들어서 아버지가 생계를 위해 일하러 나가서 가족과 함께 보낼 시간을 희생해야 하는 경우입니다. 종종 부모들이 아이들이 아직 자고 있을 때 아침 일찍 집을 나서고 아이들이 이미 잠자리에 든 밤늦게 돌아옵니다. 이것은 사회적 불의입니다. 가정에서 아버지와 어머니는 가정에 사랑이 자라게 하고, 행동 독재에 빠지지 않기 위해서 자녀와 함께 나누는 시간을 가져야 합니다. 이런 식으로 살도록 강요받는 사람들을 돕기 위해 우리가 무엇을 할 수 있을지 생각합시다.

At the same time, the rest proposed by Jesus is not an escape from the world, a retreat into a merely personal well-being. On the contrary, when He is confronted with the bewildered people, He feels compassion. And so, from the Gospel, we learn that these two realities—resting and being compassionate—are linked: only if we learn how to rest can we have compassion. Indeed, it is only possible to have a compassionate gaze, which knows how to respond to the needs of others, if our heart is not consumed by the anxiety of doing, if we know how to stop and how to receive the Grace of God, in the silence of adoration.

동시에, 예수님께서 제안하신 쉼은 세상으로부터의 도피, 단순히 개인적인 안녕으로의 후퇴가 아닙니다. 오히려 예수님께서 혼란스러워 하는 사람들을 만나실 때 가엾은 마음이 드셨습니다. 그래서 우리는 복음으로부터 쉼과 연민, 이 두 실체가 서로 연결되어 있다는 것을 배웁니다. 우리가 쉬는 법을 알 때에만 연민을 느낄 수 있습니다. 실제로, 다른 사람의 필요에 응답할 줄 아는 연민의 시선은, 우리 마음이 일에 대한 염려로 소진되지 않고, 조용히 경배하는 가운데, 멈출 줄 알고, 하느님의 은총을 받을 줄 알 때에만, 가질 수 있습니다.

Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, we can ask ourselves: am I able to stop during my days? Am I capable of taking a moment to be with myself and with the Lord, or am I always in a hurry, in a constant hurry for the things to do? Can we find some kind of an "inner desert" amidst the noise and activities of each day?

그러므로 사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 우리는 이렇게 자문할 수 있습니다. 나는 일과 중에 멈출 수 있는가? 나는 잠시 시간을 내어 자신과 주님과 함께 있을 수 있는가? 아니면 나는 항상 서두르고 있는가? 해야 할 일 때문에 지속적으로 서두르는가? 매일의 소음과 활동 가운데 일종의 “내적인 광야”를 찾을 수 있는가?

May the Holy Virgin help us to "rest in the Spirit" even in the midst of all daily activities, and to be available to and compassionate towards others.

거룩하신 동정 성모 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서, 일상의 활동 가운데에서도 “성령 안에서 쉬고,” 다른 사람들에게 시간을 내주고 동정심을 가질 수 있게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! This week, the Olympic Games will begin in Paris, and they will be followed by the Paralympic Games. Sport also has a great social power, and it can peacefully unite people from different cultures. I hope that this event may be a beacon of the inclusive world we want to build and that athletes, with their sporting testimony, may be messengers of peace and authentic models for young people. In particular, as is the custom of this ancient tradition, may the Olympic Games be an occasion to call for a cease-fire in wars, demonstrating a sincere desire for peace.

삼종기도 후에

사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 이번 주에 파리에서 올림픽이 시작되고, 뒤 이어서 패럴림픽이 열릴 것입니다. 스포츠는 또한 큰 사회적 힘을 가지고 있으며, 다양한 문화권의 사람들을 평화적으로 단결시킬 수 있습니다. 이번 행사가 우리가 만들고자 하는 포용적인 세상의 표시가 되고, 운동선수들이 그들의 스포츠 증거를 통해서 젊은이들에게 평화의 전달자이자 진정한 모델이 되기를 바랍니다. 특히 이 오랜 전통의 관례대로 평화에 대한 진지한 염원을 보여주고, 전쟁의 중단을 추구하는 계기가 되기를 바랍니다.

I greet all of you, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and many countries. In particular, I greet the Notre Dame Équipe from the diocese of Quixadá in Brazil, and the "Assumpta Science Center Ofekata" Association, which is working on solidarity projects for Africa.

저는 로마인과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 특히, 브라질 퀴사다 교구의 노트르담 에퀴페와 아프리카를 위한 연대사업을 펼치고 있는 '아숨타 과학센터 오페카타' 협회 여러분에게 인사드립니다.

I also greet the Silent Workers of the Cross and the Center of Volunteers of Suffering, gathered in remembrance of their founder, the Blessed Luigi Novarese; the aspirants and the young professed women of the Institute of the Missionary Sisters of Christ the King; the young men from the vocational group of the Minor Seminary of Rome, who have walked the way of St. Francis from Assisi to Rome.

또한 창립자인 복자 루이지 노바레세를 기념하기 위해 모인 침묵의 십자가의 일꾼들과 고통의 자원봉사자들, 그리고 그리스도 왕의 선교 수녀회 지원자와 젊은 서원 여성들; 아시시에서 로마까지 성 프란치스코의 길을 걸어온 로마소신학교 성소 그룹의 청년들에게 인사드립니다.

Let us pray, brothers and sisters, for peace. Let us not forget tormented Ukraine, Palestine, Israel, Myanmar, and many other countries that are at war. Let us not forget, let us never forget, war is a defeat!

형제자매 여러분, 평화를 위해 기도합시다. 고통 받는 우크라이나, 팔레스타인, 이스라엘, 미얀마, 그리고 전쟁 중인 다른 많은 나라들을 잊지 맙시다. 잊지 맙시다. 전쟁은 패배라는 것을 절대로 잊지 맙시다.

I wish everyone a good Sunday. And please do not forget to pray for me. Have a good lunch and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시기 바랍니다. 그리고 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.