영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2024.02.18)

최고관리자
2024.02.25 18:41 349 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, First Sunday of Lent, Saint Peter's Square, Sunday, 18 February 2024

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today, first Sunday of Lent, the Gospel presents us with Jesus tempted in the desert (cf. Mk 1:12-15). The text says: “He was in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan”. We too, during Lent, are invited to “enter the wilderness”, that is, silence, the inner world, listening to the heart, in contact with the truth. In the desert, today’s Gospel adds, Christ “was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him” (v. 13). Wild beasts and angels were His company. But, in a symbolic sense, they are our company too: indeed, when we enter the inner wildness, we can encounter wild beasts and angels there.

프란치스코 교황 삼종기도, 사순 제1주일, 성 베드로 광장, 일요일, 2024. 2. 18. 

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘, 사순제1주일의 복음은 광야에서 유혹을 받으신 예수님에 대해 얘기합니다. (마르코 1,12-15 참조) 본문은 이렇게 얘기합니다. “예수님께서는 광야에서 사십 일 동안 사탄에게 유혹을 받으셨다.” 우리도 사순절 동안에 “광야로 들어가라”는 초대를 받습니다. 즉 진리와 접하여, 침묵, 내면의 세계, 그리고 마음에 귀를 기울이는 광야로 들어가라는 초대입니다. 오늘 복음은 다음과 같이 덧붙입니다. 예수님께서는 “또한 들짐승들과 함께 지내셨는데 천사들이 그분의 시중을 들었다.” (13절) 들짐승들과 천사들이 예수님의 동반자들이었습니다. 그러나 상징적 의미에서 그들은 우리의 동반자들이기도 합니다. 실제로 우리가 내면의 광야에 들어갈 때 우리는 거기에서 들짐승들과 천사들을 만날 수 있습니다.

Wild beasts. In what sense? In the spiritual life we can think of them as the disordered passions that divide the heart, trying to take possession of it. They entice us, they seem seductive, but if we are not careful, we risk being torn apart by them. We can give a name to these “beasts” of the soul: the various vices, the coveting of wealth, which imprisons us in connivance and dissatisfaction, the vanity of pleasure, which condemns us to restlessness and solitude, and the craving for fame, which gives rise to insecurity and a continuous need for confirmation and prominence – let us not forget these things that we can encounter within – covetousness, vanity and greed. They are like “wild” beasts, and as such they must be tamed and fought; otherwise, they will devour our freedom. And let Lent helps us to enter the inner wilderness to correct these things.

어떤 의미에서 들짐승들입니까? 영적인 삶에서 마음을 분열시키고 마음을 소유하려고 하는 무질서한 욕정을 들짐승들이라고 생각할 수 있습니다. 그것들은 우리를 유인하고 매혹적으로 보이지만, 조심하지 않으면 우리는 그들에게 갈기갈기 찢길 위험이 있습니다. 우리는 이러한 영혼의 "짐승들"에게 이름들을 붙일 수 있습니다. 그것들은 다양한 악덕, 우리를 묵인과 불만 속에 가두는 부에 대한 탐욕, 우리를 초조와 고독에 빠뜨리는 쾌락의 허영심, 불안을 야기하고  확인과 우수성을 지속적으로 필요로 하는 명성에 대한 갈망입니다. 이렇게 내적으로 대면하는 탐욕, 허영, 그리고 과욕을 잊지 맙시다. 그것들은 “야생” 짐승들과 같고, 그래서 그것들을 싸워서 길들여야 합니다. 그렇지 않으면 그것들이 우리의 자유를 삼킬 것입니다. 사순절의 도움을 받아 우리가 내면으로 들어가서 이것들을 고칩시다.

And then, in the desert, there were the angels. These are God’s messengers, who help us, who do us good: indeed, their characteristic, according to the Gospel, is service (cf. v. 13): the exact opposite of possession, typical of the passions. Service against possession. The angelic spirits instead recall the good thoughts and sentiments suggested by the Holy Spirit. While temptations tear us apart, the good divine inspirations unify us and let us enter into harmony: they quench the heart, infuse the taste of Christ, “the flavour of Heaven”. And in order to grasp the inspiration of God, one must enter into silence and prayer. And Lent is the time to do this.

그리고 광야에는 천사들이 있었습니다. 이들은 우리를 돕고 우리에게 선을 행하는 하느님의 사자들입니다. 실제로 복음에 따르면 그들의 특징은 봉사입니다. (13절 참조) 소유와 정반대이며 전형적인 열정입니다. 소유와 반대되는 봉사입니다. 천사의 정신은 성령께서 제안하시는 선한 생각과 감정을 회상시킵니다. 유혹은 우리를 갈기갈기 찢는데 반해 하느님의 선한 영감은 우리를 일치시키고 조화를 이루게 합니다. 하느님의 영감은 마음을 식히고 그리스도의 맛, “하늘의 향기”을 불어넣습니다. 그리고 하느님의 영감을 붙잡기 위해서 우리는 침묵과 기도 속으로 들어가야 합니다. 그리고 사순절은 이것을 하는 시기입니다.

We can ask ourselves, first, what are the disordered passions, the “wild beasts” that agitate in my heart? Second question: to permit the voice of God to speak to my heart and to preserve it in goodness, am I thinking of retreating a little into the “wilderness”, am I trying to dedicate space in the day to this? May the Holy Virgin, who kept the Word and did not let herself be touched by the temptations of the evil one, help us on our Lenten journey.

우리는 자문할 수 있습니다. 우선, 우리마음을 뒤흔드는 “들짐승들,” 물질서한 욕정은 무언인가? 두 번째 질문: 하느님의 목소리가 내 마음에 말씀하시고 내 마음을 선하게 보존하시도록 하느님께 맡기기 위해 나는 “광야”에 들어가 잠시 피정할 생각을 하는가? 이것을 위해 하루 중 시간을 할애할 계획인가? 하느님의 말씀을 지키시고, 악마의 유혹이 범접하지 못하게 하신 거룩하신 성모 마리아여, 사순 여정에 있는 저희를 도우소서!

After praying the Angelus the Holy Father continued:
Dear brothers and sisters! Ten years have passed now since the outbreak of the armed conflict in Sudan, which has caused a very grave humanitarian situation. I once again ask the conflicting sides to stop this war, which inflicts a great deal of harm to the people and the future of the country. Let us pray that paths of peace can be found soon, to build the future of dear Sudan.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 수단에서 매우 심각한 인도적 상황을 초래한 무력충돌이 발생한 지 10년이 지났습니다. 국민과 나라의 미래에 막대한 해를 끼치는 이 전쟁을 종식시키도록 서로 대립하는 양측에 다시 한 번 촉구합니다. 사랑하는 수단의 미래를 건설하기 위해 곧 평화의 길을 찾을 수 있도록 기도합시다.

The violence against defenceless populations, the destruction of infrastructure, and insecurity are again rampant in the province of Cabo Delgado, Mozambique, where the Catholic mission of Our Lady of Africa in Mazezeze was also set on fire in recent days. Let us pray for peace to return to that tormented region. And let us not forget so many other conflicts that stain the African continent and many parts of the world with blood: also Europe, Palestine, Ukraine...

무방비 상태의 국민에 대한 폭력, 기반시설 파괴, 불안이 모잠비크 카보델가도 지방에서 다시 만연하고 있으며, 최근에 마제제에 있는 아프리카 성모 마리아 가톨릭 성당에 불이 났습니다. 그 고통 받는 지역에 평화가 돌아올 수 있도록 기도합시다. 그리고 아프리카 대륙과 세계의 많은 지역, 유럽, 팔레스타인, 우크라이나를 피로 얼룩지게 하는 수많은 다른 갈등도 잊지 맙시다.

Let us not forget: war is a defeat, always. Wherever there is warfare, the populations are exhausted, they are tired of war, which is always pointless and inconclusive, and brings only death, only destruction, and will never lead to the solution to problems. Instead, let us pray tirelessly, because prayer is effective, and let us ask the Lord for the gift of minds and hearts that dedicate themselves to peace in a concrete way.

전쟁은 언제나 패배라는 것을 잊지 맙시다. 전쟁이 있는 곳마다 국민들은 기진맥진하고, 언제나 무의미하고 결론이 나지 않으며, 죽음과 파괴만 가져올 뿐, 결코 문제 해결로 이어지지 않는 전쟁에 지쳐있습니다. 반면에 우리 모두 지치지 말고 기도합시다. 기도는 효과적이기 때문입니다. 구체적인 방법으로 평화를 위해서 헌신하는 정신과 마음의 선물을 주님께 청합시다.

I greet the faithful of Rome and of different parts of Italy and the world, especially the pilgrims from the United States of America, the Neocatechumenal Communities of various parishes of the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Spain, students from the “Carolina Coronado” Institute of Almendralejo and the voluntary association “In the footsteps of the Servants – towards the World”. And I greet the growers and livestock farmers in the square!

저는 로마와 이탈리아 및 세계 여러 지역의 신자들, 특히 미국에서 온 순례자들, 체코 공화국, 슬로바키아, 스페인의 여러 본당의 네오까떼꾸메나 공동체들, 캐롤라이나 코로나도 연구소의 학생들에게 인사드립니다. Almendralejo와 “종의 발자취를 따라 – 세계를 향하여” 자원봉사 협회. 그리고 광장에 모인 농민들과 축산업자들에게 인사드립니다!

This afternoon, together with collaborators of the Curia, we will begin the spiritual Exercises. I invite the communities and faithful to dedicate specific moments to gather themselves in the presence of the Lord during this Lenten time and throughout this year of preparation for the Jubilee, which is the “Year of Prayer”.
And I wish you all a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Arrivederci!

오늘 오후에는 교황청 협력자들과 함께 영성수련을 시작합니다. 저는 공동체와 신자들이 이 사순 시기와 “기도의 해”인 희년을 준비하는 올해 내내 주님 앞에 함께 모이는 특별한 순간을 바치기를 바랍니다. 그리고 여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.