영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2024.01.14)

최고관리자
2024.01.27 10:27 352 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Second Sunday of Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, Saturday, 14 January 2024

Dear brothers and sisters, happy Sunday! Today the Gospel presents Jesus’ encounter with the first disciples (cf. Jn 1:35-42). This scene invites us to remember our first encounter with Jesus. Each one of us has had the first encounter with Jesus, as a child, as an adolescent, as a young person, as an adult… When did I encounter Jesus for the first time? Try to remember this a bit. And after this thought, this memory, to renew the joy of following Him and to ask ourselves – following Jesus means being a disciple of Jesus – what does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus? According to today’s Gospel we can take three words: to seek Jesus, to stay with Jesus, and to proclaim Jesus. To seek, to stay, to proclaim.

프란치스코 교황 삼종기도, 연중 제2주일, 성 베드로 광장, 일요일, 2024. 1. 14. 

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 행복한 주일입니다! 오늘 복음은 예수님의 첫 제자들과의 만남을 소개합니다. (요한 1,35-42 참조) 이 장면은 예수님과 우리의 첫 만남을 기억하도록 초대합니다. 우리 각자는 각기 다른 때에 예수님과 처음으로 만났습니다. 어린이로, 청소년으로, 젊은이로, 성인으로..... 나는 언제 예수님을 처음으로 만났나요? 잠시 기억을 더듬어 봅시다. 잠시 생각한 후에 우리는 그분을 따르는 기쁨을 새롭게 느끼고 우리자신에게 묻습니다. - 예수님을 따르는 것은 예수님의 제자가 되는 것입니다. - 예수님의 제자가 되는 것은 무엇을 뜻하나요? 오늘 복음에 따르면 세 단어를 볼 수 있습니다. 예수님을 찾고, 예수님과 머물고, 예수님을 선포하는 것입니다. 찾고, 머물고, 선포합니다.

First of all, to seek. Two disciples, thanks to the Baptist’s witness, start to follow Jesus; He “saw them following, and said to them, ‘What do you seek?’” (v. 38). They are the first words Jesus addresses to them: first of all, He invites them to look within, to ask themselves about the desires they carry in their heart. “What are you seeking?”. The Lord does not want to make proselytes, He does not want to gain superficial followers; the Lord wants people who question themselves and let themselves be challenged by His Word. Therefore, to be disciples of Jesus, it is necessary first of all to seek Him, it is necessary to seek Him, then to have an open, searching heart, not a satiated or complacent heart.

우선, 찾습니다. 세례자 요한의 증언 덕분에 두 제자는 예수님을 따르기 시작합니다. 예수님께서 “그들이 따라오는 것을 보시고, ‘무엇을 찾느냐?’하고 물으십니다.” (38절) 이것이 예수님께서 그들에게 하신 첫 말씀입니다. 무엇보다도 예수님께서는 그들에게 내면을 살펴보고 마음속에 품고 있는 소망이 무엇인지 자문해 보라고 권하십니다. “무엇을 찾고 있느냐?” 주님께서는 그들이 개종자가 되는 것을 원치 않으시고, 피상적인 추종자를 원하지 않으십니다. 주님께서는 자문하고, 주님의 말씀을 말씀 그대로 듣고 곰곰이 생각하는 사람들을 원하십니다. 그래서 예수님의 제자가 되려면, 우선 그분을 찾아야 하고, 그 다음엔 만족하거나 안주하는 마음이 아니라, 열려있고 탐구하는 마음을 가져야 합니다.

What were the first disciples seeking through the second verb: to stay? They were not seeking news or information about God, or signs or miracles, but they wished to meet Jesus, to meet the Messiah, to talk with Him, to stay with Him, to listen to Him. What is the first question they ask? “Where are you staying?” (v. 38). And Christ invites them to stay with Him: “Come and see” (v. 39). To stay with Him, to remain with Him: this is the most important thing for the disciple of the Lord. In short, faith is not a theory, no; it is an encounter – it is an encounter. It is going to see where the Lord stays, and dwelling with Him. Encountering the Lord and staying with Him.

첫 제자들은 두 번째 동사인 '머물다'를 통해 무엇을 찾고 있었습니까? 그들은 하느님에 관한 뉴스나 정보 또는 표징이나 기적을 찾고 있지 않았습니다. 그들은 예수님을 만나고, 메시아를 만나고, 그분과 얘기하고, 그분과 함께 머물고, 그분의 말씀을 듣기를 원했습니다. 그들의 첫 번째 질문은 무엇입니까? “라삐, 어디에 묵고 계십니까?” (38절) 그리고 그리스도께서는 그들에게 당신과 함께 머물도록 초대하십니다. “와서 보아라.” (39절) 그분과 함께 머무는 것, 그분과 함께 지내는 것, 이것이 주님의 제자에게 가장 중요한 것입니다. 간단히 말해서, 믿음은 이론이 아닙니다. 아닙니다. 만남입니다. 주님이 계신 곳에 가서 그분과 함께 지내는 것입니다. 주님을 만나서 그분과 함께 머무는 것입니다.

To seek, to stay, and finally, to proclaim. The disciples sought Jesus, then they went with Him and stayed the entire evening with Him. And now, to proclaim. Then, they return and they proclaim. To seek, to stay, to proclaim. Do I seek Jesus? Do I stay with Jesus? Do I have the courage to proclaim Jesus? The disciples’ first encounter with Jesus was such a powerful experience that the two disciples always remembered the time: “it was about the tenth hour” (v. 39). This lets us see the power of that encounter. And their hearts were so full of joy that straight away they felt the need to communicate the gift they had received. Indeed, one of the two, Andrew, hastens to share it with his brother.

찾고, 머물고, 마지막으로 선포합니다. 제자들은 예수님을 찾았고, 그 다음에 그분과 함께 가서 저녁 내내 그분과 함께 머물렀습니다. 이제 선포입니다. 그러고 나서 그들은 돌아가서 선포합니다. 찾고, 머물고, 선포합니다. 나는 예수님을 찾는가? 나는 예수님과 머무는가? 나는 예수님을 선포할 용기가 있는가? 제자들의 예수님과의 첫 만남은 너무 강력한 체험이었기 때문에 두 제자들은 항상 그 시간을 기억했습니다. “때는 오후 4시쯤이었다.” (39절) 그 만남이 얼마나 충격적이었는지 말해줍니다. 그들의 마음이 기쁨으로 충만하여 그들은 곧 바로 그들이 받은 선물을 다른 사람에게 전해야 한다고 느꼈습니다. 실제로 둘 중 한 명인 안드레아는 서둘러 그것을 형에게 전달합니다.

Brothers and sisters, let us too recall today our first encounter with the Lord. Each one of us has had the first encounter, either within the family or outside… When did I encounter the Lord? When did the Lord touch my heart? And let us ask ourselves: are we still disciples, enamoured of the Lord, do we seek the Lord, or do we settle into a faith made up of habits? Do we stay with Him in prayer, do we know how to stay in silence with Him? Do I know how to stay in prayer with the Lord, to stay in silence with Him? And then, do we feel the desire to share, to proclaim this beauty of the encounter with the Lord?

형제자매 여러분, 오늘 우리도 주님과의 첫 만남을 기억합시다. 우리 각자는 가족 안에서 또는 밖에서 첫 만남을 가졌습니다. 나는 주님을 언제 만났는가? 언제 주님께서 나의 마음에 울림을 주셨나? 우리자신에게 물읍시다. 우리는 아직 주님의 제자이며, 주님을 사랑하며, 주님을 찾는가, 아니면 습관적 신앙에 안주하고 있는가? 우리는 기도 안에서 그분과 함께 머무는가, 침묵 가운데 그분과 함께 머무는 법을 아는가? 나는 기도 안에 그분과 함께 머무는 법을 아는가, 침묵 중에 그분과 함께 머무는 법을 아는가? 그러고 나서 우리는 주님과의 이 아름다운 만남을 나누고 선포하고 싶은 열망을 느끼는가?

May Mary Most Holy, first disciple of Jesus, give us the desire to seek Him, the desire to stay with Him, and the desire to proclaim Him.

예수님의 첫 번째 제자이신 지극히 거룩하신 마리아여, 저희에게 그분을 찾고, 그분과 함께 머물고, 그분을 선포하려는 열망을 조소서!

After praying the Angelus, the Holy Father continued
I greet all of you, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and many parts of the world. In particular I greet the members of the Hermandad Sacramental de Nuestra Señora de los Remedios from Villarrasa, Spain. Let us not forget to pray for the victims of the landslide in Colombia, which has claimed many victims.

삼종기도 후에
저는 로마인과 이탈리아와 세계 각지에서 온 순례자 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 특별히 스페인 비야라사의 Hermandad Sacramental de Nuestra Señora de los Remedios 회원 여러분께 인사드립니다. 많은 희생자가 발생한 콜롬비아 산사태 희생자들을 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 맙시다.

And let us not forget those who suffer the cruelty of war in so many parts of the world, especially in Ukraine, Palestine and Israel. At the beginning of the year, we exchanged wishes of peace, but weapons continue to kill and destroy. Let us pray that those who have power over these conflicts reflect on the fact that war is not the way to resolve them, because it sows death among civilians and destroys cities and infrastructure. In other words, today war is in itself a crime against humanity. Let us not forget this: war is in itself a crime against humanity. Peoples need peace! The world needs peace! I heard, a few minutes ago, on the programme “A Sua Immagine”, Father Faltas, vicar of the Custody of the Holy Land in Jerusalem: he spoke about educating for peace. We must educate for peace. We can see that we – humanity as a whole – are not yet educated enough to stop all war. Let us always pray for this grace: to educate for peace.

그리고 세계 여러 곳, 특히 우크라이나, 팔레스타인, 이스라엘의 전쟁의 잔인함으로 고통 받는 사람들을 잊지 맙시다. 연초에 우리는 평화의 염원을 서로 나누었지만 무기는 계속해서 살상과 파괴를 저지릅니다. 이러한 분쟁에 관한 권력을 쥔 사람들이, 전쟁이 민간인 사이에 죽음의 씨앗을 심고 도시와 기반시설을 파괴하기 때문에, 전쟁이 분쟁을 해결하는 길이 아니라는 사실을 숙고하도록 기도합시다. 다시 말해서, 오늘날 전쟁은 그 자체로 인류에 반하는 범죄입니다. 이것을 잊지 맙시다. 전쟁은 그자체로 인류에 대한 범죄입니다. 사람들이 평화를 필요로 합니다! 세상에게 평화가 필요합니다! 저는 몇 분 전에 “A Sua Immagine” 프로그램에서 예루살렘 성지 보호구 팔타스 신부님이 평화 교육의 필요성에 대해 말하는 것을 들었습니다. 그는 평화 교육에 대해 말했습니다. 우리는 평화를 위해 교육해야 합니다. 우리는 - 인류 전체 - 모든 전쟁을 멈출 만큼 충분한 교육을 받지 못했다는 것을 알 수 있습니다. 이 은총을 - 평화를 위한 교육 - 위해 항상 기도합시다.

I wish you all a good Sunday. Please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.