영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.12.10)

최고관리자
2023.12.14 16:08 303 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, The Second Sunday of Advent, St. Peter's Square, Sunday, 10 December 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! On this second Sunday of Advent, the Gospel speaks to us about John the Baptist, the precursor of Jesus (cf. Mk 1:1-8), and it describes him as “the voice of one crying in the desert” (v. 3). The desert, an empty place, where you do not communicate; and the voice, a means to speak – these seem like two contradictory images. But they are joined in the Baptist.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 대림 제 2주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 12월 10일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 대림 제2주일의 복음은 우리에게 예수님보다 앞서온 세례자 요한을 소개하고 (마르코 1,1-8 참조) 그를 “광야에서 외치는 이의 소리” (3절)라고 묘사합니다. 텅 빈 곳, 소통할 수 없는 곳인 광야, 그리고 말하는 수단인 목소리 - 이 둘은 서로 모순되는 이미지처럼 보이지만 이 둘이 세례자 안에 결합됩니다.

The desert. John preaches there, near the Jordan River, near the place where his people had entered the promised land many centuries earlier (cf. Joshua 3:1-17). In so doing, it is like he was saying: to listen to God, we must return to the place where, for forty years, he accompanied, protected and educated his people, in the desert. This is the place of silence and essentials, where someone cannot afford to dwell on useless things, but needs to concentrate on what is indispensable in order to live.

광야, 요한은 그곳에서 가르칩니다. 그곳은 요르단 강 근처이고, 수 세기 전에 그의 백성이 약속의 땅에 들어간 곳 (여호수아 3,1-17 참조) 가까이에 있습니다. 그렇게 하는 그는 마치 다음과 같이 말하였던 것 같습니다. 하느님의 말씀을 듣기 위해서 우리는 하느님께서 40년 동안 그분의 백성과 동행하셨고, 그들을 보호하셨고, 가르치셨던 곳 광야로 돌아가야 한다. 이곳은 침묵과 근본적인 것의 장소로서 필수적이 아닌 것에 연연할 여유가 없고, 살기 위해서 필수적인 것에만 집중해야 합니다.

And this is an always relevant reminder: to proceed on the journey of life, we need to be stripped of the “more”, because to live well does not mean being filled with useless things, but being freed from the superfluous, to dig deeply within ourselves so as to hold on to what is truly important before God. Only if, through silence and prayer, we make space for Jesus, who is the Word of the Father, will we know how to be freed from the pollution of vain words and chatter. Silence and sobriety – from words, from the use of things, from the media and social media – these are not just fioretti (translator’s note: a common practice in Italian devotional life in which someone offers a small sacrifice, a resolution, or the proposal to do a good deed to Our Lord or Our Lady) or virtues, they are essential elements in the Christian life.

그리고 다음은 항상 적절한 깨우침입니다. 삶의 여정에서 우리는 “more, 즉 잉여”를 버려야 합니다. 왜냐하면 잘 산다는 것은 쓸모없는 것으로 가득 찬 것이 아니고 잉여로부터 벗어나 하느님 앞에 참으로 중요한 것을 붙잡기 위해 우리 안에 깊이 파고드는 것을 뜻하기 때문입니다. 침묵과 기도를 통해 아버지의 말씀이신 예수님을 위한 자리를 마련할 때에만 우리는 헛된 말과 잡담의 오염으로부터 자유롭게 되는 법을 알게 될 것입니다. 침묵과 깨어 있음 - 말, 사물의 사용, 미디어와 소셜 미디어의 홍수 속에서 유지하는 침묵과 깨어있음은 단지 피오레티 (역자 주: fioretti: 이탈리아 신자들이 하는 일반적인 실천 즉 작은 희생, 주님께 또는 성모님께 선행을 할 결심 또는 제안 등) 또는 덕이 아니라 크리스천 삶의 필수적인 요소입니다.

And we come to the second image, the voice. This is the means by which we manifest what we think and what we bear in our hearts. We understand, therefore, that it is quite connected with silence, because it expresses what matures inside, from listening to what the Spirit suggests. Brothers and sisters, if someone does not know how to be quiet, it is unlikely they will have something good to say; while, the more attentive the silence, the stronger the word. In John the Baptist that voice is linked to the genuineness of his experience and the purity of his heart.

이제 두 번째 이미지인 목소리를 살펴보겠습니다. 목소리는 우리가 생각하는 것과 마음속에 품고 있는 것을 나타내는 수단입니다. 그러므로 우리는 목소리와 침묵이 밀접하게 연관되어 있음을 이해합니다. 왜냐하면 목소리는 성령의 말씀을 경청하고 내적으로 자라는 것을 표현하기 때문입니다. 형제자매 여러분, 침묵하지 못하는 사람은 좋은 얘기를 하기 어렵습니다. 반면에 침묵에 집중할수록 말은 더 힘이 있습니다. 세례자 요한의 목소리는 그의 체험의 진정성과 그의 마음의 순수성과 연결되어 있습니다.

We can ask ourselves: What place does silence have in my days? Is it an empty, perhaps oppressive, silence? Or is it a space for listening, for prayer, for guarding my heart? Is my life sober or filled with superfluous things? Even if it means going against the tide, let us value silence, sobriety and listening. May Mary, Virgin of silence, help us to love the desert, to become credible voices who testify to her Son who is coming.

우리는 스스로에게 질문할 수 있습니다. 나의 일상에 침묵은 어떤 자리를 차지하고 있나? 그것은 빈, 아마도 강압적인 침묵인가? 아니면 경청을 위한, 기도하기 위한, 마음을 지키기 위한 공간인가? 나의 삶은 깨어있는가 아니면 잉여로 가득 차 있는가? 비록 세상의 조류에 역행하는 것을 의미할지라도 침묵, 깨어있음 (냉정함), 경청을 소중히 여깁시다. 침묵의 동정 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 광야를 사랑하고, 우리에게 오시는 그분의 아드님을 증거하는 믿을만한 목소리가 되게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! Seventy-five years ago, on 10 December 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was signed. It is like a master plan. Many steps have been taken, many still need to be made, and unfortunately, at times, steps backward have been taken. The commitment to human rights is never finished! In this regard, I am near all those who, without fanfare, in concrete daily life, fight and personally pay the price defending the rights of those who do not count.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 75년 전인 1948년 12월 10일, 세계인권선언이 체결되었습니다. 마치 마스터플랜과도 같습니다. 많은 조치를 취했고, 여전히 많은 조치를 취해야 하며, 불행하게도 때로는 후퇴하는 조치를 취하기도 했습니다. 인권에 대한 헌신은 결코 끝나지 않습니다! 이런 점에서 저는 팡파르도 없이 구체적인 일상 속에서, 사회적 약자들의 권리를 옹호하기 위해 싸우고 몸소 그 대가를 치르는 모든 이들 곁에 있습니다.

I welcome the release of a significant number of Armenian and Azerbaijani prisoners. I look with great hope on this positive sign between Armenia and Azerbaijan, for peace in the Southern Caucasus, and I encourage the parties and their leaders to conclude the peace treaty as soon as possible. In a few days, the work of COP28 on the climate, underway in Dubai, will conclude. I ask all of you to pray for a good outcome for the care of our common home and the protection of people.

저는 상당수의 아르메니아인과 아제르바이잔인 수감자들의 석방을 환영합니다. 저는 남부 코카서스의 평화를 위한 아르메니아와 아제르바이잔 간의 긍정적인 신호를 큰 희망으로 바라보며, 정당과 지도자들이 가능한 한 빨리 평화 조약을 체결할 것을 촉구합니다. 며칠 후면 두바이에서 진행 중인 기후 관련 COP28 작업이 마무리될 예정입니다. 우리 공동의 집을 돌보고 사람들을 보호하는 일이 좋은 결과를 얻도록 여러분 모두가 기도해 주시기 바랍니다.

And we continue to pray for the populations who are suffering because of war. We are heading toward Christmas: Are we able, with God’s help, to take concrete steps of peace? It is not easy; we know that. Certain conflicts have historically deep roots. But we also have the testimony of men and women who have worked wisely and patiently for peaceful coexistence. Let their example be followed! Let every effort be put toward addressing and removing the causes of conflict, while at the same time – speaking of human rights – protecting civilians, hospitals, places of worship, freeing hostages and guaranteeing human rights. Let us not forget battered Ukraine, Palestine, Israel.

그리고 우리는 전쟁으로 인해 고통 받고 있는 주민들을 위해 계속해서 기도하고 있습니다. 우리는 성탄절을 향해 가고 있습니다. 우리는 하느님의 도움으로 구체적인 평화의 발걸음을 내딛을 수 있을까요? 쉽지 않다는 것을 압니다. 특정 갈등은 역사적으로 깊은 뿌리를 갖고 있습니다. 그러나 우리에게는 평화로운 공존을 위해 현명하고 끈기 있게 일해 온 분들의 간증도 있습니다. 그들의 모범을 따르기 바랍니다! 갈등의 원인을 해결하고 제거하는 동시에 - 인권에 관해 말하는 것 - 민간인, 병원, 예배 장소를 보호하고, 인질을 구출하며 인권을 보장하는 데 모든 노력을 기울입시다. 공격당하고 있는 우크라이나, 팔레스타인, 이스라엘을 잊지 맙시다.

I assure my prayers to the victims of the fire that took place two days ago in the hospital in Tivoli. I heartfully greet all of you, pilgrims from Rome, and Italy, and other parts of the world, particularly the faithful from San Nicola Manfredi, the adult scouts from Scafati and the groups of young people from Nevoli, Gerenzano and Rovigo. I wish you all a good Sunday. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal and arrivederci!

이틀 전 티볼리 병원에서 발생한 화재의 희생자들을 위해 기도합니다. 로마와 이탈리아, 그리고 세계 각지의 순례자들, 특히 산 니콜라 만프레디의 신자들, 스카파티의 성인 스카우트들, 네볼리, 게렌자노, 로비고의 젊은이 그룹 여러분 모두에게 진심으로 인사드립니다. 모두 복된 주일 보내시기 바랍니다. 그리고 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다!

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.