영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.12.03)

최고관리자
2023.12.07 17:40 289 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, The First Sunday of Advent, Casa Santa Marta, Sunday, 3 December 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today too I will not be able to read everything: I am getting better, but my voice is still not good. Monsignor Braida will read the catechesis. Today, first Sunday of Advent, in the brief Gospel the liturgy offers us (cf. Mk 13: 33-37), Jesus addresses a simple and direct exhortation to us, three times: “Watch” (vv. 33, 35, 37). Thus, the theme is vigilance. How should we understand it? Sometimes we think of this virtue as an attitude motivated by fear of impending doom, as if a meteorite were about to plunge from the sky and threaten, if we do not avoid it in time, to overwhelm us. But this is certainly not what Christian vigilance is all about!

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 대림 제 1주일, 카사 산타 마르타, 2023년 12월 3일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘도 베드로 광장이 보이는 창가에서 여러분을 만나지 못하고 저의 숙소인 카사 싼타 마리아에서 스크린을 통해서 여러분을 뵙고 있습니다. 저의 건강이 좋아지고 있지만 목소리가 여전히 좋지 않아서 브라이다 몬시뇰께서 읽겠습니다. 오늘, 대림 제1주일의 짧은 복음에서 (마르코 13,33-37) 예수님께서는 우리에게 단순하고 직접적인 권고를 즉, “깨어 있어라.”를 3번 말씀하십니다. (33, 35, 37절) 따라서 주제는 경계입니다. 우리는 그것을 어떻게 이해해야 할까요? 때로 우리는 이 미덕을 임박한 파멸에 대한 두려움 때문에 생기는 태도라고 생각합니다. 마치 운석이 하늘에서 떨어져서 제 때에 피하지 않으면 우리를 덮칠 것이라고 위협하는 것과 같습니다. 그러나 이것은 분명히 크리스천 경계가 아닙니다.

Jesus illustrates it with a parable, speaking about a master who will return, and about his servants who await him (cf. v. 34). The servant in the Bible is the “trusted person” of the master, with whom there is often a relationship of collaboration and affection. Think, for example, that Moses is defined as the servant of God (cf. Nm 12: 7), and that even Mary says of herself, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord” (Lk 1: 38). So, the servants’ vigilance is not one of fear, but of longing, of waiting to go forth to meet their Lord who is coming. They remain in readiness for his return because they care for him, because they have in mind that when he returns, they will make him find a welcoming and orderly home; they are happy to see him, to the point that they look forward to his return as a feast for the whole great family of which they are a part.

예수님께서는 먼 길을 떠난 주인과 그를 기다리는 종들의 비유를 들어 이것을 설명하십니다. (참조, 34 절) 성경의 종은 주인의 “신뢰받는 사람”으로서 주인과 종 사이에 종종 협력과 사랑의 관계가 존재합니다. 예를 들어서 모세는 하느님의 종으로 정의되고 (민수기 12,7 참조) 마리아도 자신에 대해 “보십시오, 저는 주님의 종입니다.” (루카 1,38) 라고 말합니다. 따라서 종들의 경계는 두려움의 경계가 아니고 그리움의 경계, 돌아올 그들의 주인을 맞이하기 위해 나가기를 기다리는 경계입니다. 주인을 돌보기 때문에, 주인이 돌아올 때 주인이 환영받는 느낌을 받고 깨끗이 정리된 집을 볼 수 있도록 하겠다는 생각 때문에, 그들은 주인이 돌아오는 것을 항상 대비합니다. 그들은 주인이 돌아오는 것을 그들이 속한 대가족 전체의 축제로 손꼽아 기다릴 정도로 주인을 만나는 것을 기뻐합니다.

It is with this expectation filled with affection that we also want to prepare ourselves to welcome Jesus: at Christmas, which we will celebrate in a few weeks; at the end of time, when He will return in glory; every day, as He comes to meet us in the Eucharist, in His Word, in our brothers and sisters, especially those most in need.

사랑 가득한 이런 기대를 가지고 우리도 예수님을 맞이할 준비를 하고자 합니다. 몇 주 후에 우리 모두 축하할 성탄절에, 그분께서 영광스럽게 돌아오실 세상 끝 날에, 그리고 매일, 그분이 성체 안에, 그분의 말씀 안에, 우리의 형제자매 안에, 특별히 가장 도움이 많이 필요한 사람들 안에 우리를 만나러 오실 때 그분을 맞이할 준비를 하고 싶습니다.

So, in a special way during these weeks, let us prepare the house of the heart with care, so that it is orderly and hospitable. In fact, keeping watch means keeping the heart ready. It is the attitude of the sentinel, who in the night is not tempted by weariness, does not fall asleep, but remains awake awaiting the coming light. The Lord is our light and it is good to dispose the heart to welcome him with prayer and to host him with charity, the two preparations that, so to speak, make him comfortable. In this regard, the story goes that Saint Martin of Tours, a man of prayer, after giving half of his cloak to a poor man, dreamed of Jesus clad in that very part of the cloak he had given. Here is a good program for Advent: to encounter Jesus coming in every brother and sister who needs us and to share with them what we can: listening, time, concrete assistance.

그러므로 요 몇 주간 동안 특별한 방법으로, 마음의 집을 잘 정돈되고 환대하는 느낌을 주도록 정성껏 준비합시다. 사실, 깨어 있다는 것은 마음을 준비하는 것을 의미합니다. 밤에 피곤함을 물리치고, 잠들지 않고, 깨어서 다가오는 빛을 기다리는 것이 파수꾼의 태도입니다. 주님은 우리의 빛이시며, 기도로 그분을 환영하고, 사랑으로 그분을 맞이하는 마음을 갖는 것이 좋습니다. 이것이 소위 그분을 편안하게 하는 두 가지 준비입니다. 이와 관련하여 기도하는 사람인 투르의 성 마르틴이 자신의 옷의 절반을 가난한 사람에게 준 후에 자신이 준 옷의 바로 그 부분을 예수님께서 입고 계신 꿈을 꾸었다는 이야기가 있습니다. 여기 대림절을 위한 좋은 프로그램이 있습니다. 우리를 필요로 하는 모든 형제자매 안에 오시는 예수님을 만나고 우리가 할 수 있는 것, 즉 경청, 시간, 구체적인 도움을 그들과 나누는 것입니다.

Dear friends, it will be good for us today to ask ourselves how we can prepare a welcoming heart for the Lord. We can do so by approaching His forgiveness, His Word, His Table, finding space for prayer, welcoming those in need. Let us cultivate His expectation without letting ourselves be distracted by so many pointless things, and without complaining all the time, but keeping our hearts alert, that is, eager for Him, awake and ready, impatient to meet Him. May the Virgin Mary, woman of expectation, help us to receive her coming Son.

사랑하는 친구 여러분, 오늘 우리는 어떻게 주님을 환영하는 마음을 준비할 수 있는지 자문하는 것이 좋겠습니다. 우리는 그분의 용서와 그분의 말씀과 그분의 식탁에 다가가고, 기도할 공간을 찾고, 도움이 필요한 사람들을 환영함으로써 그렇게 할 수 있습니다. 너무 많은 무의미한 일들로 우리 자신을 산만하게 하지 않고, 항상 불평하지 않고, 우리 마음을 깨어 있게 유지함으로써 즉 그분을 만나고 싶어 안달이 나고, 깨어서 기다리고, 그분을 열망함으로써 그분께 대한 기대를 가꿉시다. 기대하시는 여인이신 동정 성모 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 오시는 당신의 아드님을 영접하게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters, In Israel and Palestine the situation is serious. It pains us that the truce has been broken: this means death, destruction, misery. Many hostages have been freed, but many are still in Gaza. Let us think about them, their families who had seen a light, a hope to embrace their loved ones again. In Gaza there is much suffering; there is a lack of basic necessities. I hope that all those who are involved may reach a new cease fire agreement as soon as possible and find solutions other than weapons, trying to take courageous paths to peace.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 이스라엘과 팔레스타인의 상황은 심각합니다. 휴전이 깨졌다는 것은 우리를 고통스럽게 합니다. 이는 죽음, 파괴, 비참함을 의미합니다. 많은 인질이 풀려났지만 여전히 많은 인질이 가자지구에 남아 있습니다. 빛을 즉 그들의 사랑하는 사람들을 다시 포옹하는 꿈을 보았던 그들과 그들의 가족들을 생각합시다. 가자에는 많은 고통이 있습니다. 기본적인 필수품이 부족합니다. 관계자 모두가 조속히 새로운 휴전협정을 맺고, 평화를 향한 용기 있는 길을 택하는 노력을 하며, 무기 이외의 해결책을 찾기 바랍니다.

I wish to assure my prayer for the victims of the attack that occurred this morning in the Philippines, where a bomb exploded during Mass. I am close to the families and the people of Mindanao, who have already suffered so much.

저는 오늘 아침 필리핀에서 미사 도중 폭탄이 터진 테러의 희생자들을 위해 기도합니다. 저는 이미 많은 고통을 당한 민다나오의 주민들과 가족들에게 마음으로 가까이 있습니다.

Albeit at a distance, I follow the work of COP 28 in Dubai with great attention. I am close. I reiterate my appeal for a response to climate change with concrete political changes; let us come out of the straits of particularism and nationalism, mindsets of the past, and embrace a common vision, all making every effort now, without delay, for a necessary global conversion.

비록 멀리 떨어져 있지만 두바이 COP 28의 활동을 큰 관심을 갖고 지켜보고 있습니다. 제가 가까이에 있습니다. 저는 구체적인 정치적 변화를 통해 기후변화에 대응할 것을 거듭 호소합니다. 과거의 사고방식인 특수주의와 민족주의의 난맥에서 벗어나 공동의 비전을 받아들이고, 필요한 세계적인 전환을 위해 지체 없이 지금 함께 모든 노력을 다합시다.

Today is International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Welcoming and including those who experience this condition helps society as a whole to become more humane. In families, in parishes, in schools, at work, in sport: let us learn to value every person with his or her qualities and abilities, excluding no-one.

오늘은 세계 장애인의 날입니다. 이 조건을 체험하는 사람들을 환영하고 포용하는 것이 사회 전체가 좀 더 인간적이 되는데 도움이 됩니다. 가정에서, 본당에서, 학교에서, 직장에서, 스포츠에서 누구도 제외하지 않고 모든 사람의 자질과 능력을 소중히 여기는 법을 배웁시다.

I greet you all affectionately, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and other parts of the world, in particular the Polish people taking part in the events organized in Rome in honour of the Ulma martyr family, recently beatified. I greet all the pilgrims and parish groups from Florence, Siena, Brindisi, Cosenza and Adrano. I wish you all a good Sunday and a good Advent journey. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

로마인과 이탈리아와 세계 다른 지역에서 온 순례자 여러분, 특히 최근 시복된 울마 순교자 가족을 기리기 위해 로마에서 개최된 행사에 참여하고 있는 폴란드 국민 여러분 모두에게 애정 어린 인사를 드립니다. 저는 피렌체, 시에나, 브린디시, 코센차, 아드라노에서 온 모든 순례자들과 본당 단체들에게 인사드립니다. 여러분 모두 복된 주일과 좋은 대림 여정을 보내시기 바랍니다. 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.