영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.11.19)

최고관리자
2023.11.22 09:31 466 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 19 November 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today’s Gospel presents us the parable of the talents (cf. Mt 25:14-30). A master departs on a journey and entrusts his talents, or rather his possessions, his “capital”, to his servants: talents were a monetary unit. He distributes them according to the abilities of each one. On his return, he asks for an account of what they have done. Two of them have doubled what they received, and the lord praises them, while the third, out of fear, buried his talent and can only return it, the reason for which he receives a severe rebuke. Looking at this parable, we can learn two different ways of approaching God.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제33주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 11월 19일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음은 우리에게 탈렌트의 비유를 들려줍니다. (마태오 25,14-30 참조) 주인은 여행을 떠나며 자신의 탈렌트, 아니 오히려 자신의 재산, 즉 자신의 “자본”을 종들에게 맡깁니다. 탈렌트는 화폐 단위였습니다. 주인은 탈렌트를 각 사람의 능력에 따라 분배합니다. 돌아와서 그는 그들이 한 일에 대해 묻습니다. 그들 중 두 사람은 받은 것을 두 배로 늘렸고 주인은 그들을 칭찬합니다. 그런데 세 번째 사람은 두려운 나머지 그의 탈렌트를 땅에 묻었고 이제 그것을 겨우 돌려줄 수 있고 그 때문에 심한 질책을 받습니다. 이 비유를 보며 우리는 하느님께 접근하는 두 가지의 다른 방법을 배울 수 있습니다.

The first way is that of the one who buries the talent he has received, who cannot see the riches God has given him: he trusts neither his master nor himself. In fact, he says to his master: “Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not winnow” (v. 24). He is afraid of him. He does not see the esteem, he does not see the trust that the lord places in him, but sees only the actions of a master who demands more than he gives, of a judge. This is his image of God: he cannot believe in His goodness; he cannot believe in the Lord’s goodness towards him. That is why he gets stuck and does not allow himself to be involved in the mission he has received.

첫째 방법은 받은 탈렌트를 묻는 사람의 방법입니다. 그는 하느님께서 그에게 주신 재화를 볼 수 없는 사람입니다. 그는 그의 주인도 믿지 못하고 자신도 믿지 못합니다. 사실 그는 주인에게 이렇게 말합니다. “주인님, 저는 주인님께서 모진 분이시어서, 심지 않은 데에서 거두시고 뿌리지 않은 데에서 모으신다는 것을 알고 있었습니다.” (24절) 그는 주인을 무서워합니다. 그는 존경을 알지 못하고 그에 대한 주인의 신뢰도 보지 못합니다. 오직 주는 것보다 더 요구하는 주인의 행동, 판관의 행동을 볼 뿐입니다. 이것이 그가 보는 하느님의 이미지입니다. 그는 하느님의 선하심을 믿지 못하고 자신에 대한 주님의 선을 믿지 못합니다. 그렇기 때문에 그는 꼼짝 못하게 되어 그가 받은 사명을 자신이 수행하는 것을 허용하지 않습니다.

We then see this second way, in the other two protagonists, who repay their lord’s trust by in turn trusting in him. These two invest everything they have received, even though they do not know at the outset if everything will go well: they study, they see the possibilities, and prudently seek out the best; they accept the risk and put themselves on the line. They trust, they study and they risk. Thus, they have the courage to act freely, creatively, generating new wealth (cf. vv. 20-23).

그런 다음 우리는 다른 주 주인공의 두 번째 방법을 봅니다. 그들은 주인의 믿음을 그에 대한 믿음으로 보답합니다. 이 두 사람은 시작할 때 모든 일이 잘 될지 모르는데도 불구하고 그들이 받은 모든 것을 투자합니다. 그들은 연구하고 가능성을 보고 신중하게 최선을 다합니다.  그들은 위험을 감수하고 몸을 사리지 않습니다. 그들은 믿고 연구하고 위험을 감수합니다.  그렇게, 그들은 새로운 부를 창출하며 자유롭게 그리고 창의적으로 행동할 용기를 가지고 있습니다. (20-23절 참조)

Brothers and sisters, this is the crossroads we face with God: fear or trust. Either you are afraid before God, or you trust in the Lord. And we, like the protagonists of the parable – all of us – have received talents, all of us, far more precious than money. But much of how we invest them depends on our trust in the Lord, which frees our hearts, makes us active and creative in goodness. Do not forget this: trust frees, always; fear paralyses. Remember: fear paralyses, trust liberates. This also applies to the education of children. And let us ask ourselves: do I believe that God is the Father and entrusts gifts to me because He trusts me? And do I trust in Him to the point of putting myself on the line, even when the results are neither certain nor to be taken for granted? Am I able to say every day in prayer, “Lord, I trust in You, give me the strength to keep going; I trust in You, in the things You have given me: let me know how to carry them forward”.

형제자매 여러분, 이것이 바로 우리가 하느님과 대면하는 갈림길입니다. 즉 두려움 아니면 믿음입니다. 당신은 주님 앞에서 두려워합니다. 아니면 당신은 주님을 믿습니다. 비유의 주인공들처럼 우리는 - 우리 모두는 - 돈보다 훨씬 더 소중한 탈렌트를 받았습니다. 그러나 소중한 탈렌트를 어떻게 투자하느냐의 대부분은 주님께 대한 우리의 믿음에 달려있습니다. 주님께 대한 우리의 믿음은 우리의 마음을 자유롭게 하고, 선함 속에서 우리를 능동적으로 그리고 창의적으로 만듭니다. 이것을 잊지 마십시오. 믿음은 자유롭게 합니다. 항상 그렇습니다. 두려움은 마비시킵니다. 기억하십시오. 두려움은 마비시키고 믿음은 자유롭게 합니다. 이것은 또한 어린이의 교육에도 적용됩니다. 우리 스스로에게 물어봅시다. 나는 하느님께서 아버지이시며 그분이 나를 믿으시기 때문에 나에게 선물을 맡기신다고 믿는가? 그리고 결과가 확실하지 않고 당연하게 여겨지지 않을 때에도 나 자신을 위험에 빠뜨릴 정도로 그분을 믿는가? 나는 매일 다음과 같이 기도할 수 있는가? “주님, 저는 당신을 믿습니다. 제가 계속 주님을 믿을 수 있게 힘을 주소서. 저는 당신을 믿습니다. 당신이 제게 주신 것들을 믿습니다. 제가 지속적으로 믿을 수 있는 방법을 알게 하소서!”

Finally, also as Church: do we cultivate a climate of trust, of mutual esteem in our environments, that helps us to move forward together, that unlocks people and stimulates the creativity of love in everyone? Let us think about it. And may the Virgin Mary help us to overcome fear – never be afraid of God! Awe, yes; fear, no – and to trust the Lord.

마지막으로, 교회로서도, 우리 주위의 환경 안에 우리는 다함께 나아가는 것을 돕고 사람들의 마음을 열고 모든 사람들 안에서 사랑의 창의성을 자극하는 신뢰와 상호존중의 분위기를 가꿉니까? 이것에 대해 생각해봅시다. 동정 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 두려움을 극복하게 하소서! 절대로 하느님을 두려워하지 않게 하소서! 경외하는 것은 좋습니다. 그러나 두려움은 안 됩니다. 그리고 주님을 믿게 하소서!

After praying the Angelus, the Pope continued:
Dear brothers and sisters! Manuel Gonzales-Serna, diocesan priest, and nineteen companions, priests and laypeople, killed in 1936 in the climate of religious persecution of the Spanish Civil War, were beatified yesterday in Seville. These martyrs bore witness to Christ up to the end. May their example comfort the many Christians who are discriminated against because of their faith in our times. A round of applause for the new Blesseds!

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 1936년 스페인 내전으로 인한 종교적 박해 속에서 순교한 마누엘 곤잘레스-세르나 교구 사제, 그리고 사제와 평신도 19 명의 동료들이 어제 세비야에서 시복됐습니다. 이 순교자들은 끝까지 그리스도를 증거했습니다. 그들의 모범이 우리 시대에 신앙 때문에 차별을 받고 있는 많은 그리스도인들에게 위로가 되기를 바랍니다. 새로운 복자들에게 박수를 보냅시다!

I reiterate my closeness to the dear people of Myanmar, who unfortunately continue to suffer from violence and abuse. I pray that they are not discouraged and trust always in the help of the Lord. And, brothers and sisters, let us continue to pray for tormented Ukraine – I can see the flags here – and for the populations of Palestine and Israel. Peace is possible. It takes good will. Peace is possible. Let us not resign ourselves to war! And let us not forget that war is always, always, always a defeat. The only ones to gain are arms manufacturers.

저는 불행하게도 계속해서 폭력과 학대로 고통 받고 있는 사랑하는 미얀마 국민들에게 저의  친밀함을 말씀드립니다. 그들이 낙심하지 않고 항상 주님의 도우심을 믿도록 기도합니다. 형제자매 여러분, 고통 받는 우크라이나와 - 저기 깃발이 보입니다. - 팔레스타인과 이스라엘 주민들을 위해 계속 기도합시다. 평화는 가능합니다. 선의를 필요로 합니다. 평화는 가능합니다. 전쟁을 받아들이지 맙시다. 그리고 전쟁은 언제나, 언제나, 언제나 패배라는 사실을 잊지 맙시다. 이득을 보는 이들은 무기 제조자들뿐입니다.

Today we celebrate the Seventh World Day of the Poor, whose theme this year is: “Do not turn your face away from anyone who is poor” (Tob 4:7). I thank those in the dioceses and parishes who have organized solidarity initiatives with people and families who struggle to make ends meet. And today we also remember all the victims of road accidents: let us pray for them, for their relatives, and let us make efforts to prevent accidents. I would also like to mention World Fisheries Day, which will be held the day after tomorrow.

오늘 우리는 제7차 세계 가난한 이들의 날을 기념합니다. 올해의 주제는 “누구든 가난한 이에게서 얼굴을 돌리지 마라.” (토빗기 4,7) 입니다. 생계를 유지하기 위해 애쓰는 사람들과 가족들과의 연대 활동을 조직한 교구와 본당의 신자들께 감사드립니다. 그리고 오늘 우리는 교통사고의 모든 희생자들을 기억합니다. 그들과 그들의 친척들을 위해 기도하고 사고 예방을 위해 노력합시다. 모레 열리는 세계 수산의 날에 대해서도 말씀드리고 싶습니다.

I affectionately greet you all, pilgrims from Italy and other parts of the world. I greet the faithful of Madrid, Ibiza and Warsaw, and the members of the Council of the World Union of Catholic Teachers. I greet the groups from Aprilia, San Ferdinando di Puglia and Sant’Antimo; the FIDAS Association of Orta Nova, and the participants in the “Day of Sharing” of the Apostolic Movement of the Blind. A special greeting goes to the Ecuadorian community in Rome, which is celebrating the Virgen del Quinche. And a greeting to the young people of the Immacolata.

이탈리아와 세계 각지에서 오신 순례자 여러분께 다정한 인사를 드립니다. 저는 마드리드, 이비자, 바르샤바의 신자들과 세계가톨릭 교사연맹 평의회 회원들에게 인사를 드립니다. 저는  Aprilia, San Ferdinando di Puglia 및 Sant'Antimo의 그룹들에게 그리고 오르타 노바(Orta Nova) FIDAS 협회와 시각 장애인 사도 운동 “나눔의 날” 참가자들. Virgen del Quinche를 기념하는 로마의 에콰도르 공동체에 특별한 인사를 전합니다. 그리고 임마콜라타 청년들에게 인사드립니다.

I wish you all a blessed Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 행복한 주일 보내시기 바랍니다. 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.