영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.11.12)

최고관리자
2023.11.16 16:25 441 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 12 November 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, happy Sunday! Today’s Gospel offers us a story regarding the meaning of life of each person. It is the parable of the ten virgins, called to go out to meet the bridegroom (cf. Mt 25:1-13). Living is this: a grand preparation for the day when we will be called to go to Jesus! However, in the parable of the ten virgins, five are wise and five foolish. Let us see what constitutes wisdom and foolishness. Wisdom in life, and foolishness in life.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제32주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 11월 12일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 복된 주일입니다. 오늘 복음은 각 사람의 삶의 의미에 관한 이야기를 들려줍니다. 그것은 신랑을 맞으러 나가라는 부름을 받은 열 처녀의 비유입니다. (마태오 25,1-13 참조) 삶이란 이렇습니다. 예수님께 가라는 부르심을 받을 그날을 위한 장엄한 준비입니다. 그러나 열 처녀의 비유에 다섯은 슬기롭고 다섯은 어리석습니다. 슬기로움과 어리석음의 구성 요소가 무엇인지 살펴봅시다. 삶의 슬기로움 그리고 삶의 어리석음입니다.

All those bridesmaids are there to welcome the bridegroom, that is, they want to meet him, just as we too desire a happy fulfilment of life: the difference between wisdom and foolishness is therefore not in goodwill. Nor does it lie in the punctuality with which they arrive at the meeting: they were all there. The difference between the wise and the foolish is another: preparation. The text says: the wise "took flasks of oil with their lamps” (v. 4); the foolish, on the other hand, did not. Here is the difference: the oil. And what is one of the characteristics of the oil? That it cannot be seen: it is inside the lamps, it is not conspicuous, but without it the lamps have no light.

그 신부 들러리들은 모두 신랑을 환영하기 위해 그곳에 있습니다. 즉 그들은 신랑을 만나기를 원합니다. 마치 우리도 행복한 삶의 충만함을 원하는 것과 같습니다. 그러므로 선의를 지니고 있는 것은 슬기로움과 어리석음이 다르지 않습니다. 슬기로움과 어리석음의 차이가 모임에 도착하는 시간의 엄수에 있지도 않습니다. 그들 모두 그곳에 있었습니다. 슬기로운 사람과 어리석은 사람의 차이는 다른 것 즉 준비입니다. 본문은 이렇게 얘기합니다. 슬기로운 처녀들은 “등과 함께 기름도 그릇에 담아 가지고 있었다.” (4절) 반면에 어리석은 처녀들은 그렇지 않았습니다. 여기에 차이점이 있습니다. 바로 기름입니다. 기름의 특성 중의 하나는 무엇입니까? 볼 수 없다는 것, 등 안에 있어서 눈에 잘 띄지 않지만 기름이 없으면 등의 불이 켜지지 않습니다.

Let us look at ourselves, and we will see that our life runs the same risk: many times, we are very careful about our appearance – the important thing is to take good care of one’s image, to make a good impression in front of others. But Jesus says that the wisdom of life lies elsewhere: in taking care of what cannot be seen, but which is more important, taking care of the heart. Nurturing the inner life. This means knowing how to stop and listen to one’s heart, to keep watch over one’s own thoughts and feelings. How many times are we unaware of what has happened in our heart in that day? What happens within each one of us? Wisdom means knowing how to make room for silence, so as to be capable of listening to ourselves and others. It means knowing how to give up some of the time passed in front of the telephone screen to look at the light in the eyes of others, in one’s own heart, in God’s gaze upon us. It means not falling into the trap of activism, but devoting time to the Lord, to listening to His Word.

우리 자신을 봅시다. 그러면 우리의 삶도 같은 위험부담을 갖고 있다는 것을 알 수 있습니다. 우리는 자주 외모에 대해 매우 조심합니다. - 자신의 이미지를 잘 관리하고 다른 사람들 앞에서 좋은 인상을 남기는 것을 중요하게 생각합니다. 그러나 예수님께서 삶의 슬기로움은 다른 곳, 즉 보이지 않지만 더 중요한 것, 마음을 돌보는 것에 있다고 말씀하십니다. 내면의 삶을 가꾸는 것입니다. 이것은 멈추어서 자신의 마음에 귀 기울이고 자신의 생각과 느낌을 지속적으로 지켜볼 줄 아는 것을 의미합니다. 얼마나 자주 우리는 우리의 마음에 어떤 일이 일어났는지 모르는 날들을 보내고 있습니까? 우리 각자 안에 무엇이 일어납니까? 슬기로움은 침묵의 공간을 만들어 우리 자신의 마음과 다른 사람들의 마음에 귀 기울 수 있도록 하는 것을 뜻합니다. 그것은 다른 사람들의 눈빛, 자신의 마음의 빛, 우리를 보시는 하느님의 시선의 빛을 보기 위해서 휴대폰 화면 앞에서 보내는 시간을 포기할 줄 아는 것을 의미합니다. 그것은 행동주의의 함정에 빠지지 않고 주님께 그리고 그분의 말씀에 귀 기울이는 데에 시간을 봉헌하는 것을 뜻합니다.

And the Gospel gives us the right advice so not to neglect the oil of inner life, the “oil of the soul”: it tells us that it is important to prepare it. And in the account, we see, in fact, that the virgins already possess the lamps, but they must prepare the oil: they must go to the sellers, buy it, put it in the lamps… (cf. vv. 7-9). It is the same for us: the inner life cannot be improvised, it is not a matter of a moment, of once in a while, of once and for all; the inner life must be prepared by dedicating a little time every day, with constancy, as one does for every important thing.

그리고 복음은 우리에게 내적 삶의 기름, 즉 “영혼의 기름”을 소홀히 하지 않게 하는 바른 조언을 합니다. 내적 삶의 기름을 준비하는 것이 중요하다는 조언입니다. 본문에서 알 수 있듯이 사실 처녀들은 이미 등을 가지고 있습니다. 그러나 그들은 기름을 준비해야 합니다. 즉 시장에 가서 기름을 사서 등에 넣어야 합니다. (7-9절 참조) 우리도 마찬가지입니다. 내적 삶은 즉흥적일 수 없으며, 한 순간의 문제가 아니며, 가끔 한 번 있는 문제, 단 한 번만 있는 그런 일이 아닙니다. 내적 삶은 모든 중요한 일을 할 때와 마찬가지로 매일 조금씩 시간을 들여 꾸준하게 준비해야 합니다.

So, we can ask ourselves: what am I preparing at this moment in life? Within myself, what am I preparing? Perhaps I am trying to put aside some savings, I am thinking about a house or a new car, concrete plans… They are good things; they are not bad things. They are good things. But am I also thinking about dedicating time to the care of the heart, to prayer, to service to others, to the Lord who is the destination of life? In short, how is the oil of my soul? Each one of us, let us ask ourselves this: how is the oil of my soul? Do I nourish it, do I keep it well? May Our Lady help us to cherish the oil of inner life.

그러므로 우리는 스스로에게 질문할 수 있습니다. 삶의 이 순간에 나는 무엇을 준비하고 있는가? 자신 안에 나는 무엇을 준비하고 있는가? 어쩌면 저축을 좀 하려고 할 수도 있고, 집이나 새 차를 살 생각을 하거나, 구체적인 계획을 세울 수 있습니다. 모두 좋은 일입니다. 나쁜 일이 아닙니다. 그런 것들은 좋은 일입니다. 그러나 나는 또한 시간을 내어 마음을 돌보고, 기도하고, 다른 사람들에게 봉사하고, 삶의 목적지인 주님께 시간을 바칠 생각을 하고 있는가? 한 마디로 나의 영혼의 기름은 어떠한가? 우리 각자는 이것을 자문합시다. 나의 영혼의 기름은 어떠한가? 나는 영혼의 기름에 양분을 공급하는가? 나는 영혼의 기름을 잘 보살피고 있는가? 우리의 성모님, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 내적 삶의 기름을 소중히 여기게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! For some months Sudan has been in the throes of a civil war that shows no sign of abating, and which is causing numerous victims, millions of internally displaced people and refugees in neighbouring countries, and a very grave humanitarian situation. I am close to the sufferings of those dear populations of Sudan, and I address a heartfelt appeal to local leaders to facilitate access to humanitarian aid and, with the contribution of the international community, to work in search of peaceful solutions. Let us not forget these brothers and sisters of ours who are in distress!

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 몇 달 동안 수단은 수그러들 기미가 보이지 않는 내전으로 인해 수많은 희생자와 수백만 명의 국내 실향민, 이웃 국가로 피신한 난민, 그리고 매우 심각한 인도주의적 상황을 초래하고 있습니다. 저는 수단의 소중한 사람들의 고통을 가까이 지켜보고 있으며, 지역 지도자들에게 인도주의적 원조를 쉽게 받을 수 있게 하고, 국제 공동체와 협력하여 평화적 해결책을 찾기 위해 노력할 것을 진심으로 호소합니다. 고난 속에 있는 우리 형제자매들을 잊지 맙시다!

And our thoughts turn every day to the very serious situation in Israel and in Palestine. I am close to all those who are suffering, Palestinians and Israelis. I embrace them in this dark moment. And I pray for them a lot. May the weapons be stopped: they will never lead to peace, and may the conflict not widen! Enough! Enough, brothers! In Gaza, let the wounded be rescued immediately, let civilians be protected, let far more humanitarian aid be allowed to reach that stricken population. May the hostages be freed, including the elderly and children. Every human being, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, of any people or religion, every human being is sacred, is precious in the eyes of God and has the right to live in peace. Let us not lose hope: let us pray and work tirelessly so that the sense of humanity may prevail over hardness of heart.

그리고 우리의 생각은 매일 이스라엘과 팔레스타인의 매우 심각한 상황으로 향합니다. 저는 고통 받는 모든 팔레스타인인과 이스라엘인에게 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 저는 이 어두운 순간에 그들을 껴안습니다. 그리고 그들을 위해 많이 기도합니다. 무기를 멈추게 하소서! 무기로는 결코 평화를 이룰 수 없습니다. 분쟁이 확대되지 않게 하소서! 형제 여러분 멈추십시오. 가자지구의 부상자들을 즉시 구출하고, 민간인들을 보호하고, 피해를 입은 주민들에게 훨씬 더 많은 인도주의적 지원이 도달할 수 있도록 해 주십시오. 노인과 어린이를 포함한 인질들이 석방되게 하소서! 기독교인, 유대인, 무슬림, 어떤 민족이나 어떤 종교를 막론하고 모든 인간은 신성하고 하느님의 눈에 소중하며 평화롭게 살 권리를 가지고 있습니다. 희망을 잃지 맙시다. 인류애가 경직된 마음을 이길 수 있도록 끊임없이 기도합시다.

Two years ago, the Laudato si’ Action Platform was launched. I thank those who have joined in this initiative and encourage them to continue on the path of ecological conversion. In this regard, let us pray for the Dubai Climate Change Conference, COP28, which is now close at hand.

2년 전, 『찬미받으소서』 행동 플랫폼이 출범했습니다. 저는 이 계획에 동참한 이들에게 감사를 표하며 그들이 계속해서 생태적 회개의 길을 걷도록 격려합니다. 이와 관련하여 가까이 다가온 두바이 기후변화협약 COP26 총회를 위해 기도합시다.

Today the Italian Church celebrates Thanksgiving Day, on the theme “The cooperative approach to agricultural development”.

오늘 이탈리아 교회는 “농업 발전을 위한 협력적 접근”이라는 주제로 추수감사절을 지냅니다.

I greet you all affectionately, pilgrims from Italy and other parts of the world, especially the priests from the archdiocese of Szczecin-Kamień, Poland, and the parish groups from Augsburg, Zara, Poreč, Pola, Porto and Paris. I greet the members of the Sant’Egidio Community from countries in Asia, and I encourage them in their commitment to evangelization and promotion. Keep going forward, bravely! And you also help make peace.

저는 이탈리아와 세계 여러 지역에서 온 순례자들, 특히 폴란드 슈체친-카미엔 대교구의 사제들과 아우크스부르크, 자라, 포레치, 폴라, 포르투, 파리의 본당 단체 여러분 모두에게 따뜻한 사랑의 인사를 드립니다. 저는 아시아 나라들의 산테지디오 공동체 회원들에게 인사를 전하며, 복음화와 홍보에 대한 그들의 헌신을 격려합니다. 계속 나아가십시오. 용감하게! 여러분 또한 평화 구축을 촉진합니다.

I greet the faithful of Volargne, Ozieri and Cremona. I greet with affection the pilgrimage of Ukrainian faithful and Basilian monks – I can see the Ukrainian flags there – from various countries to celebrate the fourth centenary of the martyrdom of Saint Josaphat. I pray with you for peace in your beleaguered country. Brothers and sisters, let us not forget tormented Ukraine,

볼라그네(Volargne), 오지에리(Ozieri), 크레모나(Cremona)의 신자들에게 인사드립니다. 저는 성 요사파트 순교 400주년을 기념하기 위해 여러 나라에서 온 우크라이나 신자들과 바실리 수도사들의 순례에 애정을 담아 인사드립니다. 저쪽에 우크라이나 국기가 보입니다. 위기에 처한 조국의 평화를 위해 저도 함께 기도합니다. 형제자매 여러분, 고통 받는 우크라이나를 잊지 맙시다.

And I wish you all a happy Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

그리고 여러분 모두 행복한 주일 보내시기 바랍니다. 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.