영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.11.05)

최고관리자
2023.11.11 15:49 318 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Thirty first Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 5 November 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! From the Gospel of today’s liturgy, we hear some of Jesus’ words about the scribes and pharisees, the religious leaders of the people. Regarding these people in authority, Jesus uses very severe words, “for they preach, but do not practice” (Mt 23:3) and “they do all their deeds to be seen by others” (v. 5). This is what Jesus says – they preach and don’t practice and everything they do they do to be seen.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제31주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 11월 5일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 전례의 복음에서 우리는 백성의 종교 지도자인 율법학자와 바리사이에 대한 예수님의 말씀을 듣습니다. 권세를 가진 이러한 사람들에 관해 예수님께서는 아주 준엄하게 말씀하십니다. “그들은 말만 하고 실행하지는 않는다.” (마태오 23,3) “그들이 하는 일이란 모두 다른 사람들에게 보이기 위한 것이다.” (5절) 즉 예수님께서는 - 그들은 말만 하고 실행하지 않고 그들이 하는 모든 일은 남에게 보이기 위한 것이라고 말씀하십니다.

So, let us pause on these two aspects: the distance between saying and doing, and the primacy of the exterior over the interior. The distance between saying and doing. Jesus contests the duplicity of the lives of these teachers of Israel, who claimed to teach others the Word of God and to be respected as Temple authorities. They preached one thing, but then lived another. These words of Jesus recall those of the prophets, in particular the prophet Isaiah: “This people draw near with their mouth and honour me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me” (Is 29:13). This is the danger to be on guard for: duplicity of heart. We too have this danger. This duplicity of heart puts the authenticity of our witness as well as our credibility as persons and as Christians at risk.

잠시 멈춰서 이 두 가지 측면 즉 말과 실천 사이의 거리, 그리고 속보다 겉을 중시하는 것을 살펴봅시다. 첫째 말하는 것과 행동하는 것 사이의 거리입니다. 예수님께서는 자신들이 사람들에게 하느님의 말씀을 가르치고 성전의 권위자로 존경을 받는다고 주장하는 이스라엘의 이 교사들의 삶의 이중성에 대해 이의를 제기하십니다. 그들은 이것을 가르친 다음 다른 삶을 살았습니다. 예수님의 이 말씀은 예언자들 특히 이사야를 생각하게 합니다. “이 백성이 입으로는 나에게 다가오고 입술로는 나를 공경하지만 그 마음은 내게서 멀리 떠나 있다.” (이사야서 29,13) 이중적인 마음, 이것은 경계해야 할 위험입니다. 우리에게도 이런 위험이 있습니다. 이러한 이중적인 마음은 우리 증거의 진실성뿐만 아니라 인간으로서 그리고 그리스도인으로서의 우리의 신뢰성을 위험에 빠뜨립니다.

Because of our weakness, we all experience a certain distance between what we say and what we do. But having a duplicitous heart is something else instead. It is living with “one foot on both sides of the fence” without any problem. Let us remember this, especially when we are called to exercise a role of responsibility – in life, in society or in the Church – no to duplicity! This rule is always valid for a priest, a pastoral worker, a politician, a teacher, or a parent: be committed to living first yourself what you say, what you preach to others. To be authentic teachers, we first need to be credible witnesses.

우리의 나약함 때문에 우리 모두는 우리가 말하는 것과 우리가 행동하는 것 사이에 특정한 거리를 경험합니다. 그러나 이중적인 마음을 갖는 것은 다른 문제입니다. 그것은 아무 문제의식 없이 “담의 양쪽에 한 발 씩 걸치고” 생활하는 것입니다. 이것을 기억합시다. 특별히 우리가 - 삶에서, 사회에서 또는 교회에서 책임자 역할을 수행하도록 불림을 받았을 때 - 이중성은 안 된다는 것을 기억합시다. 이 규칙을 사제, 목회자, 정치인, 교사 또는 부모는 항상 지켜야 합니다. 당신이 말한 것을, 당신이 다른 사람들에게 설교한 것을 자신이 먼저 실천하도록 다짐하십시오. 우리는 먼저 신뢰할 수 있는 증거자가 되어야 합니다.

The second aspect follows as a consequence: the primacy of the exterior over the interior. In fact, living in duplicity, the scribes and pharisees were concerned about having to hide their inconsistency to save their outward reputation. Indeed, if the people knew what was truly in their hearts, they would have been ashamed, losing all credibility. And so, they performed works to appear righteous, to “save face”, as we say. This trick is very common – they put make-up on their faces, make-up on their life, make-up on their hearts… And these “made-up” people do not know how to live the truth. And many times, even we experience the temptation of duplicity.

두 번째 측면 즉 속보다 겉을 더 중하게 보는 것은 결과적으로 따라옵니다. 사실 율법학자와 바리사이는 이중적인 삶을 살면서 그들의 외적인 명성을 지키기 위해서 그들의 비일관성을 감춰야 하는 고민이 있었습니다. 진정, 사람들이 그들의 마음에 진짜 무엇이 있는지 알았다면 그들은 부끄럽고 모든 신뢰를 잃었을 것입니다. 그래서 그들은 우리가 말하는 “체면을 살리기 위해” 의롭게 보이는 일들을 하였습니다. 이런 속임수는 매우 흔합니다. - 그들은 그들의 얼굴에 화장을 하고, 그들의 생활에 분장을 하고, 그들의 마음을 꾸밉니다.... 그리고 이렇게 “꾸며진” 사람들은 진실하게 사는 법을 알지 못합니다. 그리고 우리도 이중성의 유혹을 여러 번 경험합니다.

Brothers and sisters, accepting this warning from Jesus, let us too ask ourselves: Do we try to practice what we preach, or do we live duplicitously? Do we say one thing and do something else? Are we concerned only about showing how impeccable we are on the outside, made-up, or do we also cultivate our interior life in sincerity of heart?

형제자매 여러분, 예수님의 이 경고를 받아들이고 우리도 자문해 봅시다. 우리는 우리가 가르치는 것을 실천하려고 노력하는가? 아니면 이중적으로 사는가? 우리는 이것을 말하고 다른 것을 행하는가? 우리는 겉으로, 꾸며서 얼마나 흠잡을 데 없는지 보여주는 것만 걱정하는가 아니면 진실한 마음으로 내면의 삶을 가꾸기도 하는가?

Let us turn to the Holy Virgin. May she who lived in integrity and humility of heart according to the will of God help us to become credible witnesses of the Gospel.

거룩하신 동정녀께 시선을 돌립시다. 하느님의 뜻을 따라 정직하고 겸손한 마음으로 사셨던 동정 성모 마리아여 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 복음의 신뢰할 만한 증거자가 되게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! I continue to think about the serious situation in Palestine and in Israel where many, many people have lost their lives. In God’s name, I beg you to stop: cease using weapons! I hope that avenues will be pursued so that an escalation of the conflict might be absolutely avoided, so that the wounded can be rescued and help might get to the population of Gaza where the humanitarian situation is extremely serious. May the hostages be freed immediately. There are also many children among them – may they return to their families! Yes, let’s think of the children, of all the children affected by this war, as well as in Ukraine and by other conflicts: this is how their future is being killed. Let us pray that there might be the strength to say, “enough”.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 저는 수많은 사람이 목숨을 잃은 팔레스타인과 이스라엘의 심각한 상황에 대해 계속 생각합니다. 하느님의 이름으로 제발 멈추기를 간청합니다. 무기 사용을 멈추십시오! 분쟁이 확대되는 것을 절대적으로 방지하고 부상자를 구출하고 인도적 상황이 극도로 심각한 가자지구 주민들에게 도움이 전달될 수 있는 방안을 모색하기를 희망합니다. 인질들이 즉시 석방되게 해주십시오. 그들 중에는 많은 아이들도 있습니다. - 그들이 가족에게 돌아가게 하소서! 그렇습니다. 이 전쟁과 우크라이나, 그리고 다른 분쟁으로 영향을 받은 모든 어린이들을 생각합시다. 이렇게 그들의 미래가 죽어가고 있습니다. “그만하라!”고 말할 힘을 주십사고 기도합시다.

I am near to the population of Nepal who is suffering because of an earthquake, as well as the Afghan refugees who have found refuge in Pakistan but now do not know where to go. I pray also for the victims of the storms and floods in Italy and other countries.

저는 지진으로 고통 받고 있는 네팔 국민과 파키스탄에 피난처를 찾았으나 지금 어디로 가야할지 모르는 아프카니스탄 난민들에게 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 이탈리아와 다른 나라에서 발생한 폭풍과 홍수의 희생자들을 위해서도 기도합니다.

I warmly greet all of you, people from Rome and pilgrims from various countries. In particular, I greet the members of the faithful from Vienna and from Valencia, the parish group from Cagliari, the Band and Choir from Longomoso in Upper Adige. I greet the young people from Rodengo Saiano, Ome and Padergnone; the catechists from Cassina de’ Pecchi and those from Saint John Bosco parish in Trieste; I greet the “Stop the war” Council.

로마인과 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들 여러분 모두에게 따뜻한 인사를 드립니다. 특히 저는 비엔나와 발렌시아의 신자들, 칼리아리의 본당 단체, 어퍼 아디제 롱고모소의 밴드와 합창단에게 인사드립니다. Rodengo Saiano, Ome 및 Padergnone의 젊은이들에게 그리고 Cassina de' Pecchi의 교리교사와 트리에스테의 성 요한 보스코 본당의 신자들 그리고 “전쟁 중지” 위원회에 인사드립니다.

여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.