영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.10.29)

최고관리자
2023.11.01 16:59 348 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 29 October 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today’s Gospel speaks to us about the greatest of the commandments (cf. Mt 22:34-40). A doctor of the law questions Jesus about this and He responds with the “great commandment of love”: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (…) and (…) your neighbour as yourself” (vv. 37.39). Love of God and neighbour are inseparable from each other. So, let us pause a bit to reflect on this.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제30주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 10월 29일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음은 가장 큰 계명에 대해 우리에게 얘기합니다. (마태오 22,34-40 참조) 율법학자가 이에 대해 예수님께 질문하자 예수님께서는 “사랑의 큰 계명”이 그것이라고 답하십니다. “네 마음을 다하고 네 목숨을 다하고 네 정신을 다하여 주 너의 하느님을 사랑해야 한다. (...) 그리고 (...) 네 이웃을 너 자신처럼 사랑해야 한다.” (37, 39 절) 하느님과 이웃의 사랑은 서로 분리될 수 없습니다. 잠시 멈춰서 이것에 대해 생각합시다.

The first: the fact that love for the Lord comes first reminds us that God always precedes us, he anticipates us with his infinite tenderness (cf. 1 Jn 4:19), with his closeness, with his mercy, for He is always near, tender and merciful. A baby learns to love on their mommy’s and daddy’s knees, and we learn it in God’s arms. The Psalm says, “Like a weaned child in the arms of its mother” (cf. 131:2). This is how we should feel in God’s arms. And there, we absorb the Lord’s affection; there, we encounter the love that impels us to give ourselves generously. Saint Paul recalls this when he says that the charity of Christ possesses a power that propels toward loving (cf. 2 Cor 5:14). And everything originates in Him. You cannot truly love others if you do not have this root, which is love of God, love for Jesus.

첫째, 주님께 대한 사랑이 먼저라는 사실은 하느님께서 언제나 우리보다 앞서신다는 (1요한 4,19 참조) 것을 우리에게 상기시킵니다. 그분은 그분의 한없는 다정함으로, 그분의 친밀함으로, 그분의 자비로 우리를 손꼽아 기다리십니다. 그분은 항상 가까이 계시고 다정하시고 자비로우시기 때문입니다. 어린 아기는 엄마와 아빠의 무릎에서 사랑하는 법을 배우고 우리는 하느님의 품에서 그것을 배웁니다. 시편은 얘기합니다. “어미 품에 안긴 젖 뗀 아기 같습니다.” (시편 131,2 참조) 우리가 하느님 품 안에서 이렇게 느껴야 합니다. 그리고 우리는 하느님 품 안에서 주님의 사랑을 흡수합니다. 거기에서 우리는 우리 자신을 아낌없이 내어주라고 다그치는 그 사랑을 만납니다. 성 바오로가 그리스도의 사랑이 우리가 사랑하도록 다그치는 힘을 지녔다고 말할 때 그것을 우리에게 환기시킵니다. (코린토 2서 5,14 참조) 모든 것은 그분으로부터 시작됩니다. 여러분이 이 뿌리 즉 하느님의 사랑과 예수님의 사랑이 없으면 이웃을 진정으로 사랑할 수 없습니다.

And now the second aspect that emerges from the commandment of love. It connects love for God to love for neighbour: it means that by loving our brothers and sisters, we reflect the Father’s love like mirrors. To reflect God’s love, this is the point – to love Him whom we do not see through the brother/sisters whom we do see (cf. 1 Jn 4:20). One day, Saint Teresa of Calcutta responded to a journalist who asked her if she had illusions about changing the world by which she was doing, “I no, I never thought I could change the world! I only wanted to be a drop of clean water, through which God’s love could shine” (Meeting with journalists after receiving the Nobel Peace Prize, Rome, 1979).

이제 사랑의 계명과 관련하여 두 번째 측면을 보겠습니다. 이는 하느님께 대한 사랑과 이웃에 대한 사랑을 연결시킵니다. 그것은 우리의 형제자매를 사랑함으로써 우리는 아버지의 사랑을 거울처럼 반영하는 것을 의미입니다. 하느님의 사랑을 반영하는 것, 이것이 요점입니다. 즉 우리가 보는 형제자매를 통하여 우리가 보지 못하는 그분을 사랑하는 것입니다. (요한 1서 4,20 참조) 어느 날 캘커타의 성녀 데레사는 자신이 하고 있는 일을 통하여 세상을 바꾸는 환상을 가지고 있는지 묻는 기자에게 다음과 같이 답했습니다. “제가요? 아닙니다. 저는 한 번도 세상을 바꿀 수 있다고 생각하지 않았습니다. 저는 다만 깨끗한 물 한 방울이 되기를 원했습니다. 그 물 한 방울 안에 하느님의 사랑이 빛날 수 있는 그런 물 한 방울이 되고 싶었습니다.” (노벨평화상 수상 후 기자들과의 만남, 로마, 1979)

This is how she, who was so little, was able to do so much good – by reflecting God’s love like a drop. And if at times, looking at her and other saints, we might be moved to think that they are heroes that cannot be imitated, let us think again about that small drop: love is a drop that can change many things. And how can this be done? Taking the first step, always. Sometimes it is not easy to take the first step, to forget things…, to take the first step – let’s do that. This is the drop – to take the first step.

이것이 작은 체구의 그녀가 그 많은 선을 행할 수 있었던 방법입니다. - 한 방울의 물이 되어 하느님의 사랑을 반영함으로써 그렇게 할 수 있었습니다. 그녀와 다른 성인들을 보면서 종종 우리는 감동하고 그들은 우리가 절대 따라 할 수 없는 영웅들이라고 생각했다면 그 작은 물 한 방울을 다시 생각해봅시다. 사랑은 많은 것을 변화시킬 수 있는 물 한 방울입니다. 그러면 우리는 어떻게 이것을 할 수 있을까요? 항상 첫 발을 내디딤으로써 할 수 있습니다. 때때로 첫 걸음을 내딛는 것이 쉽지 않습니다. 잊어버리고...,, 첫 걸음을 내딛습니다. 그것을 합시다. 이것이 물 한 방울입니다. - 첫 걸음을 내딛는 것입니다.

So, dear brothers and sisters, thinking about God’s love that always precedes us, we can ask ourselves: Am I grateful to the Lord that he loves me first? Do I feel God’s love and am I grateful to him? And do I try to reflect His love? Do I strive to love my brothers and sisters, and take this second step? May the Virgin Mary help us live the great commandment of love in our daily life: to love and to allow God to love us, and to love our brothers and sisters.

그러므로 사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 항상 우리를 앞서는 하느님의 사랑을 생각하며 자신에게 물어볼 수 있습니다. 그분이 나를 먼저 사랑하시는 것에 대해 나는 주님께 감사하는가? 나는 하느님의 사랑을 느끼고 그분께 감사하는가? 그리고 나는 그분의 사랑을 반영하려고 하는가? 나는 나의 형제자매를 사랑하고 이 두 번째 단계를 밟으려고 노력하는가? 동정마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 우리의 일상생활에서 이 큰 사랑의 계명을 실천하게 하소서: 즉, 저희가 하느님을 사랑하고 하느님께서 저희를 사랑하시도록 저희를 맡기고, 저희의 형제자매를 사랑하게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters, I thank all those who -- in so many places and in various ways – united themselves to the day of fasting, prayer and penance that we lived last Friday, imploring peace for the world. Let us not stop. Let us continue to pray for Ukraine, as well as for the serious situation in Palestine and Israel, and for other regions at war. Particularly, in Gaza, may space be opened to guarantee humanitarian aid, and may the hostages be released right away. Let no one abandon the possibility that the weapons might be silenced – let there be a ceasefire. Father Ibrahim Faltas, whom I heard recently on the program A Sua Immagine, Father Ibrahim was saying: “Let the arms cease! Let the arms cease!” He is the vicar of the Holy Land. With Father Ibrahim, let us too say: let the arms cease. Stop, brothers and sisters! war is always a defeat — always!

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 지난 금요일, 세계의 평화를 기원하는 단식, 기도, 참회의 날에 여러 곳에서 다양한 방식으로 참여해주신 모든 분들에게 감사드립니다. 중단하지 맙시다. 우크라이나, 팔레스타인과 이스라엘의 심각한 상황 그리고 전쟁 중인 다른 지역을 위해서 계속해서 기도합시다. 특히 가자지구에서는 인도적 지원을 보장할 수 있는 공간을 열어주시고 인질들을 즉각 석방해 주소서! 무기를 잠재울 수 있다는 가능성을 아무도 포기하지 않게 하시고 휴전하도록 합시다. 최근 A Sua Immagine 프로그램에 출연하여 이브라힘 팔타스 신부님은 이렇게 말하였습니다. “무기를 멈춥시다. 무기를 멈춥시다!” 그분은 성지의 부주교입니다. 이브라힘 신부님과 함께 우리도 이렇게 외칩시다. 무기를 멈춥시다. 멈춥시다. 형제자매 여러분 전쟁은 항상 패배입니다. 항상 그렇습니다.

I am near to the population in the area of Acapulco, in Mexico, hit by a very powerful hurricane. I am praying for the victims, for their families and for those who have sustained serious harm. May the Virgin of Guadalupe sustain her children in this hardship.

저는 매우 강력한 허리케인의 피해를 입은 멕시코 아카풀코 지역의 주민들에게 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 희생자들과 그들의 가족들과 심각한 피해를 입은 사람들을 위해 기도합니다. 과달루페의 동정녀여 이 고난 속에 있는 당신의 자녀들을 지켜주소서!

I greet all of you, people from Rome and pilgrims from Italy and from many parts of the world. In particular, I greet the parents of “children in Heaven” from Torano Nuovo, members of the faithful from Campana, the vocational group “Talità Kum” from the parish of Saint John of the Florentines in Rome, the boys and girls from the Confirmation class who have come from Slovenia and those from Gandosso, as well as the pilgrimage of the Children of Saint Camillus and the Ministers of the Sick.

로마인들과 이탈리아와 세계 각지에서 온 순례자들 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 특히 저는 토라노 누오보의 “천국 아이들”의 부모들, 캄파나의 신자들, 로마 피렌체 성 요한 본당의 성소 단체 “탈리타 쿰”, 슬로베니아에서 온 견진성사 반의 소년 소녀들, 간도소에서 온 여러분  그리고 성 카밀루스의 자녀들과 병자들의 순례자들에게 인사드립니다.

I hope all of you enjoy your Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal and arrivederci!

모두들 주일 즐겁게 보내시기 바랍니다. 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.