영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.10.22)

최고관리자
2023.11.01 16:58 333 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 22 October 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel of today’s Liturgy tells us about some pharisees who join with the Herodians to set a trap for Jesus. They were always trying to set traps for Him. They go to Him and ask: “Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?” (Mt 22:17). It is a ruse: if Jesus legitimizes the tax, He places Himself on the side of a political power that is ill-supported by the people, whereas if He says not to pay it, He can be accused of rebellion against the empire. A veritable trap. However, He escapes this snare. He asks them to show Him a coin, which bears the image of Caesar, and says to them: “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s” (v. 21). What does this mean?

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제29주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 10월 22)

사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 전례의 복음은 헤로데 당원들과 함께 예수님께 말로 올가미를 씌우려고 하는 바리사이들에 대해 얘기합니다. 그들은 항상 그분을 함정에 빠뜨리려고 했습니다. 그들은 예수님께 가서 이렇게 묻습니다. “황제에게 세금을 내는 것이 합당합니까, 합당하지 않습니까?” (마태오 22,17) 이것은 계략입니다. 만약 예수님께서 세금을 내는 것이 합당하다고 하시면 국민의 지지를 받지 못하는 정치권력의 편에 서시게 되는 반면 세금을 내지 말라고 말씀하시면 제국에 대한 반역의 혐의로 기소되실 수 있습니다. 순전한 함정입니다. 그러나 예수님께서는 이 올가미에 걸리지 않으십니다. 그분은 그들에게 황제의 상이 새겨진 동전을 보여 달라고 하시고 이렇게 말씀하십니다.  “황제의 것은 황제에게 돌려주고, 하느님의 것은 하느님께 돌려 드려라.” (22절) 이것은 무엇을 의미합니까?

These words of Jesus have become commonplace, but at times they have been used incorrectly – or at least reductively – to talk about the relations between Church and State, Christians and politics; often they are interpreted as though Jesus wanted to separate “Caesar” from “God”, that is, earthly from spiritual reality. At times we too think in this way: faith with its practices is one thing, and daily life is another. And this will not do. No. This is a form of “schizophrenia”, as if faith had nothing to do with real life, with the challenges of society, with social justice, with politics and so forth.

예수님의 이 말씀은 흔한 표현이 되었지만 때때로 교회와 국가 사이의 관계 그리고 그리스도인과 정치 사이의 관계에 관해 말하기 위해서 부정확하게 - 또는 적어도 축소하여 사용되었습니다. 종종 그 말씀을 마치 예수님께서 “황제”를 “하느님”으로부터 즉 세상적인 것을 영적인 실제로부터 분리하기를 원하셨던 것처럼 해석합니다. 때로 우리도 이렇게 생각합니다. 즉 믿음과 신앙생활이 하나이고 일상생활은 별개라고 생각합니다. 이것은 잘 안 될 것입니다. 안 됩니다. 이것은 일종의 “정신분열증”으로서 마치 믿음이 실제 생활, 사회적 도전, 사회 정의, 정치 등과 아무 관련이 없는 것처럼 보는 것입니다.

In reality, Jesus wants to help us place “Caesar” and “God” each in their proper place. The care for earthly order belongs to Caesar – that is, to politics, to civil institutions, to social and economic processes, and we who are immersed in this reality must give back to society what it offers us, through our contribution as responsible citizens, taking care of what is entrusted to us, promoting law and justice in the world of work, paying our taxes honestly, committing ourselves to the common good, and so on. At the same time, though, Jesus affirms the fundamental reality: that man belongs to God: all of man and every human being. And this means that we do not belong to any earthly reality, to any “Caesar”. We are the Lord’s, and we must not be slaves to any earthly power. On the coin, then, there is the image of the emperor, but Jesus reminds us that our lives are imprinted with the image of God, which nothing and no-one can obscure. The things of this world belong to Caesar, but man and the world itself belong to God: do not forget this!

실제로 예수님께서는 우리를 도우셔서 우리가 “황제”와 “하느님”을 각각 그들에게 맞는 위치에 모시기를 원하십니다. 세상적인 질서를 돌보는 것은 황제에게 속합니다. 즉 정치, 정부기관, 사회적 경제적 체계가 할 일이고, 이런 현실 안에 있는 우리는 사회가 우리에게 요구하는 것을 돌려줘야 합니다. 즉 책임 있는 시민으로서 우리의 기여를 통해, 우리에게 맡겨진 일을 하고, 직업의 세계에서 법과 정의를 장려하고, 우리의 세금을 정직하게 납부하고, 공동선을 위해서 헌신하는 등등을 통해 돌려줘야 합니다. 그러나 동시에 예수님께서는 근본적인 실제를 확인하십니다. 즉 인간은 하느님께 속해있다는 것, 모든 사람 모든 인간이 하느님께 속해 있다는 것을 단언하십니다. 그리고 이것은 우리가 어떤 세상적 실제, 어떤 “황제”에게도 속해있지 않다는 것을 의미합니다. 우리는 주님의 것으로서 세상의 어떠한 권세의 노예가 되어서는 안 됩니다. 그때의 동전에 황제의 상이 있습니다. 그러나 예수님께서는 우리의 삶에 누구도 무엇도 불분명하게 할 수 없는 하느님의 상이 각인되어 있다는 것을 우리에게 상기시키십니다. 이 세상의 사물은 황제에게 속해있지만 사람과 세상자체는 하느님께 속해있습니다. 이것을 잊지 마십시오.

We understand, then, that Jesus is restoring each one of us to his or her own identity: on the coin of this world there is the image of Caesar, but you – each one of us - which image do you carry within yourself? Let us ask ourselves this question: what image do I carry inside myself? You - whose is the image of your life? Do we remember that we belong to the Lord, or do we let ourselves be shaped by the logic of the world and make work, politics and money our idols to be worshipped?

이제 우리는 예수님께서 우리 각자를 우리자신의 정체성을 깨닫도록 회복시켜주신다는 것을 이해합니다. 이세상의 동전에는 황제의 형상이 있지만 당신은 - 우리 각자는 - 당신 자신 안에 어떤 형상을 가지고 있습니까? 이 질문을 우리 자신에게 던져 봅시다. 나는 어떤 형상을 내 자신 안에 가지고 있나? 당신 - 당신의 삶의 형상은 누구의 것입니까? 우리가 주님께 속해있다는 것을 기억합니까? 아니면 우리자신을 세상의 논리에 따라 형성되도록 하고, 일, 정치, 그리고 돈을 우리의 우상으로 삼아 숭배합니까?

May the Holy Virgin help us to recognize and honour our dignity and that of every human being.

거룩하신 동정 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 저희와 모든 인간의 존엄성을 인식하고 존중하게 하소서!

After praying the Angelus, the Pope continued:
Dear brothers and sisters, Once more my thoughts turn to what is happening in Israel and Palestine. I am very concerned, grieved. I pray and I am close to all those who are suffering:  the hostages, the wounded, the victims and their relatives. I think of the serious humanitarian situation in Gaza and I am saddened that the Anglican hospital and the Greek-Orthodox parish have also been hit in recent days. I renew my appeal for spaces to be opened, for humanitarian aid to continue to arrive, and for the hostages to be freed.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 저의 생각은 다시 한 번 이스라엘과 팔레스타인에서 일어나고 있는 일을 향해 있습니다. 매우 걱정되고 슬픕니다. 저는 기도하고 인질, 부상자, 희생자, 그리고 그 가족들, 고통 받는 모든 분들과 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 가자지구의 심각한 인도적 상황을 생각하며, 최근 성공회 병원과 그리스 정교회 본당도 폭격을 당했다는 사실이 매우 슬픕니다. 저는 다시 호소합니다. 공간을 개방하고, 인도적 지원이 계속해서 도착하고, 인질들을 석방하도록 호소합니다.

War, any war that there is in the world – I also think of tormented Ukraine – is a defeat. War is always a defeat; it is a destruction of human fraternity. Brothers, stop! Stop! I remind you that next Friday, 27 October, I have proclaimed a day of fasting, prayer and penance, and that evening at 18.00 in Saint Peter’s Square we will spend an hour in prayer to implore peace in the world.

전쟁, 세상에 존재하는 모든 전쟁은 – 저는 또한 고통 받는 우크라이나를 생각합니다. - 패배입니다. 전쟁은 항상 패배입니다. 그것은 인간 형제애의 파괴입니다. 형제들이이여 중지, 중지하십시오. 다음 주 금요일인 10월 27일을 저는 단식과 기도와 참회의 날로 선포했으며, 그날 저녁 18시에 성 베드로 광장에서 한 시간 동안 세계 평화를 간청하는 기도를 할 것임을 상기시켜 드립니다.

Today we celebrate World Mission Sunday, which has the theme: “Hearts on fire, feet on the move”. Two images that say everything! I urge everyone, in the dioceses and in the parishes, to participate actively.

오늘 우리는 “불타는 마음, 움직이는 발”이라는 주제의 세계전교주일을 기념합니다. 이 두 이미지는 모든 것을 말해줍니다. 저는 교구와 본당의 모든 사람들에게 적극적으로 참여할 것을 촉구합니다.

I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims, in particular the Siervas de los Pobres hijas del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús religious sisters, from Granada; the members of the Centro Académico Romano Fundación, the Confraternity of the Señor de los Milagros, of the Peruvians in Rome; and thank you, thank you for your witness! Keep up the good work, with such beautiful piety.

로마인과 순례자 여러분, 특히 그라나다에서 온 Siervas de los Pobres hijas del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús 수도자 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 로마에 있는 페루인의 Señor de los Milagros 협회인 Centro Académico Romano Fundación 회원; 감사합니다. 여러분의 증거에 감사드립니다. 그런 아름다운 경건함으로 좋은 일을 계속하십시오.

I greet the members of the “All custodians of humanity” lay missionary movement; the polyphonic “Sant’Antonio Abate” choir of Cordenons, and the associations of the faithful from Naples and Casagiove. I also greet the young people of the “Casa Giardino”, the “Garden House” of Casalmaggiore; the group of young friends from the Emmanuel Community; the directors and teachers from the “Jean XXIII” Catholic School of Toulon, and the students from the “Saint Croix” High School of Neuilly.

저는 평신도 선교 운동 “인류의 모든 수호자” 회원들에게 인사드립니다. Cordenons의 다성 "Sant'Antonio Abate"합창단과 나폴리와 Casagiove의 신자 협회 회원들에게 인사드립니다. 또한 카살마조레의 “정원 집”인 “Casa Giardino”의 젊은이들, 임마누엘 공동체의 젊은 친구들 그룹; 툴롱의 “Jean XXIII” 가톨릭 학교의 교장과 교사, 그리고 Neuilly의 “Saint Croix” 고등학교의 학생들에게도 인사드립니다.

I wish you all a good Sunday. You too, young people of the Immaculata. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

여러분, 임마쿨라타의 젊은이들 여러분도, 모두 복된 주일 보내시기 바랍니다. 그리고 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.