영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.10.01)

최고관리자
2023.10.11 19:10 362 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 1 October 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, Today, the Gospel speaks about two sons. Their father asks them to go to work in the vineyard (cf. Mt 21:28-32). One of them responds “yes”, right away, but then does not go. The other, says “no”, but then repents and goes.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제26주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 10월 1일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 오늘 복음은 두 아들에 관해 이야기합니다. 그들의 아버지는 그들에게 포도원에 가서 일하라고 합니다. (마태 21,28-32 참조) 그들 중 한 명은 즉시 “예”라고 대답하지만 가지 않습니다. 다른 아들은 “아니요”라고 말하지만 곧 회개하고 갑니다.

What is there to say about the behaviour of these two? What quickly comes to mind is that going to work in the vineyard requires sacrifice, and sacrifice costs. This doesn’t come naturally, even with the beauty of knowing they are sons and heirs. But the problem here is not so much connected that they resist going to work in the vineyard, as much as their sincerity, or lack thereof, with their father and with themselves. Even though neither of the sons behaves impeccably, one lies, while the other makes a mistake but remains sincere.

이 두 아들의 행동에 대해 뭐라고 말할 수 있습니까? 금방 떠오르는 것은 포도원에 일하러 가려면 희생이 필요하고 희생은 노력을 요한다는 것입니다. 그들이 아들이자 상속자라는 사실을 아는 좋은 점에도 불구하고 이것이 자동적으로 나오지 않습니다. 그러나 여기에서의 문제는 포도원에 일하러 가기를 거부한다는 점보다는 그들의 충실성, 즉 그들의 아버지에 대한 그리고 자신들에 대한 충실성의 부족과 관련되어 있습니다. 두 아들 모두 흠잡을 데 없이 행동한다 하더라고 한 사람은 거짓말을 하고 다른 한 사람은 실수를 저지르지만 여전히 충실합니다.

Let us look at the son who says “yes”, but then does not go. He does not want to do the father’s will, but neither does he want to get into a discussion or talk about it. Thus, he hides behind a “yes”, behind a false willingness that hides his laziness and he saves face for the time being. He is a hypocrite. He gets by without conflict, but he cheats and deceives his father, disrespecting him in a way that is worse than had he responded with a blunt “no”. The problem with someone who behaves like this is that he or she is not a sinner, but is corrupt because they lie with no difficulty to cover up and disguise their disobedience without welcoming any honest dialogue or feedback.

“예”라고 대답하지만 가지 않는 아들을 살펴봅시다. 그는 아버지의 뜻대로 행하기를 원치 않습니다. 그러나 그는 그것에 대해 토론하거나 얘기하고 싶어 하지 않습니다. 그래서 그는 “예”의 뒤에, 자신의 게으름을 숨기는 거짓 의지 뒤에 숨어 당분간 체면을 살립니다. 그는 위선자입니다. 그는 갈등 없이 지내지만 퉁명스럽게 “아니요”라고 답변하는 것보다 더 나쁜 방식으로 아버지를 무시하며 아버지를 속이고 기만합니다. 이렇게 행동하는 사람의 문제는 그 사람이 죄인은 아니지만 정직한 대화나 피드백을 반기지 않으며 자신의 불순종을 감추고 위장하기 위해서 아무 거리낌 없이 거짓말을 하기 때문에 정신이 부패한 사람입니다.

The other son, instead, who said “no” but then went, is sincere. He is not perfect, but sincere. Certainly, it would have been nice to hear him say “yes” right away. That did not happen, but at least he shows his reluctance clearly and, in a certain sense, courageously. That is, he takes responsibility for his behaviour and acts out in the open. Then, with this basic honesty, he ends up questioning himself until he understands he has made a mistake and retraces his steps. He is a sinner, we could say, but he is not corrupt. Pay close attention to this: this son is a sinner, but he is not corrupt. And there is always the hope of redemption for a sinner; for the corrupt, instead, it is much more difficult. In fact, the corrupt person’s false “yesses”, elegant but hypocritical façades and habitual false pretenses, are like a thick “rubber wall”, behind which to take cover from qualms of conscience. And these hypocrites do so much evil! Brothers and sisters, sinners yes – all of us are – corrupt no! Sinners yes, corrupt no!

반대로 “아니요”라고 말했지만 간 다른 아들은 충실합니다. 그는 완벽하지는 않지만 충실합니다. 물론, 그가 바로 “예”라고 말하는 것을 들으면 좋았을 것입니다. 그런 일은 일어나지 않았지만 적어도 그는 자신의 내키지 않는 마음을 분명히 그리고 어떤 의미에서 용감하게 보여줍니다. 그것은 그가 자신의 행동에 책임을 지며 드러내놓고 행동한다는 것입니다. 그런 다음,  이 기본적인 정직성으로 그는 결국 자신의 실수를 깨닫고 발걸음을 되돌릴 때까지 스스로에게 질문합니다. 우리는 그가 죄인이라고 말할 수 있지만 그는 마음이 부패한 사람이 아닙니다. 이것에 주의를 기울이십시오. 이 아들은 죄인이지만 그는 부패하지 않았습니다. 죄인에게는 항상 구원의 희망이 있습니다. 부패한 사람에게는 훨씬 더 어렵습니다. 사실 부패한 사람의 거짓 “예,” 우아하지만 위선적인 외관과 습관적인 거짓 주장들은 그 뒤에서 양심의 가책을 피하기 위한 두꺼운 “고무벽”과 같습니다. 그리고 이 위선자들은 너무나 많은 악을 저지릅니다. 형제자매 여러분, 죄인들은 좋습니다. - 우리 모두는 죄인입니다. - 그러나 부패는 안 됩니다. 죄인은 예스 부패는 노입니다.

Let us look at ourselves now and, in the light of all this, ask ourselves some questions. When faced with the difficulty to live an honest and generous life, to dedicate myself to the will of the Father, am I willing to say “yes” each day, even if it costs? And when I fail, am I sincere before God about my difficulties, my failings, my weaknesses? And when I say “no”, do I turn around after? Do we speak with the Lord about this? When I make a mistake, am I willing to repent and retrace my steps? Or do I pretend everything is okay and go through life wearing a mask, concerning myself only about appearing good and righteous? Finally, am I a sinner, like everyone, or is there something corrupt in me? Do not forget: sinners yes, corrupt no. May Mary, mirror of holiness, help us be sincere Christians.

이제 우리 자신을 살펴보고 이 모든 것에 비추어 우리 자신에게 몇 가지 질문을 던져 봅시다. 나는 정직하고 관대한 삶을 사는 것의 어려움, 그리고 아버지의 뜻에 헌신하는 것의 어려움에 직면할 때 그것이 희생을 요구할지라도 매일 기꺼이 “예”라고 말할 수 있나? 그리고 내가 실패할 때, 나는 하느님 앞에서 나의 어려움, 실패, 약점에 관해 충실한가? 그리고 내가 "아니요" 라고 말할 때 나는 후에 돌아서는가? 이것에 대해 우리는 주님과 이야기 하는가? 내가 실수를 할 때 나는 기꺼이 회개하고 발걸음을 되돌리는가? 아니면 나는 모든 것이 잘되고 있다고 가장하고 나 자신이 선하고 의롭게 보이는 것에만 신경 쓰며 가면을 쓰고 살아가는가? 마지막으로 나는 모든 사람들과 같이 죄인인가? 아니면 내 자신 안에 부패한 무엇이 있는가? 죄인은 예스 부패는 노라는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 거룩함의 거울이신 성모마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 충실한 크리스천이 되게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters, Yesterday, Father Giuseppe Beotti, killed in hatred of the faith in 1944, was beatified in Piacenza. He was a pastor according to the heart of Christ who did not hesitate to give his life to protect the flock entrusted to him. A round of applause for the new blessed!

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 1944년 신앙에 대한 증오로 순교한 주세페 베오티 신부가 어제 피아첸차에서 시복되었습니다. 그는 자신에게 맡겨진 양 떼를 지키기 위해 자신의 목숨을 서슴지 않고 바친 그리스도의 마음을 따른 목자였습니다. 새로운 복자에게 박수를 보냅시다.

In these days, I am following the tragic situation of the displaced people in Nagorno-Karabakh. I renew my appeal for dialogue between Azerbaijan and Armenia, and hope that talks between the parties, with the support of the international community, might foster a lasting agreement to bring the humanitarian crisis to an end. I assure you of my prayers for the victims of the explosion in the fuel depot that occurred near the city of Stepanakert.

요 며칠 간 저는 나고르노카라바흐의 난민들의 비극적인 상황을 지켜보고 있습니다. 저는 아제르바이잔과 아르메니아 간의 대화를 재차 호소하며, 국제 사회의 지원을 받아 양측 간의 대화가 인도주의적 위기를 종식시키기 위한 지속적인 합의를 이끌어낼 수 있기를 바랍니다. 스테파나케르트 시 근처에서 발생한 연료 저장소 폭발 사고의 희생자들을 위해 기도드립니다.

Today begins the month of October, the month of the Rosary and of the missions. I encourage everyone to experience the beauty of praying the Rosary, contemplating the mysteries of Christ with Mary and invoking her intercession for the needs of the Church and of the world. Let us pray for peace in battered Ukraine and in all those lands wounded by war. Let us pray for the evangelization of peoples. And let us also pray for the Synod of Bishops during this month in which the first Assembly on the theme of synodality in the Church takes place.

오늘부터 묵주기도와 선교의 성월인 10월이 시작됩니다. 저는 모든 사람이 묵주기도를 바치고, 성모님과 함께 그리스도의 신비를 묵상하고, 교회와 세상의 필요를 위해 성모님의 전구를 청하는 아름다움을 경험하도록 권장합니다. 전란에 시달리는 우크라이나와 전쟁으로 상처받은 모든 땅의 평화를 위해 기도합시다. 민족들의 복음화를 위해 기도합시다. 그리고 교회의 공동 합의성을 주제로 한 첫 번째 총회가 열리는 이번 달의 세계주교대의원회의를 위해서도 기도합시다.

Today is the feast of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, the Little Flower, the saint of confidence, the saint of confidence in ourselves. This coming 15 October, an Apostolic Exhortation on her message will be published. Let us pray to Saint Thérèse and to Our Lady: may Saint Thérèse help us have confidence and to work for the missions.

오늘은 어린 예수, 작은 꽃, 확신의 성인, 우리 자신 안의 확신의 성인, 성 데레사 축일입니다. 오는 10월 15일에 그녀의 메시지에 대한 사도적 권고가 공개될 것입니다. 성 데레사와 우리의 성모님께 기도합시다. 성 데레사여 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 확신을 가지고 선교를 위해 일하게 하소서!

I greet all of you, people from Rome and pilgrims from Italy and from many countries. In particular, I greet the group from the Shrine of Our Lady of Revelation from Three Fountains in Rome, the faithful from a parish in Catania, the confirmation candidates from Porto Sant’Elpidio, the scouts from Afragola and the confraternities from Arcieri Storici and the Knights of Saint Sebastian. I extend a thought and encouragement to the National Association of Women who have had Breast Operations.

저는 로마에서 온 여러분과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들 모두에게 인사드립니다. 특별히 로마 세 분수의 계시의 성모 성지 그룹, 카타니아 본당의 신자들, 포르토 산텔피디오의 견진 후보자들, 아프라골라의 스카우트들, 아르시에리 스토리치 수녀회와 수도회 그리고 성 세바스티안 기사단에게 인사드립니다. 저는 유방수술을 한 전국여성협회에 감사와 격려를 드립니다.

As you can see, beside me today are five children who represent the five continents. I would like to announce along with them that on the afternoon of November 6, in Paul VI Hall, I will meet with children from all over the world. “Let us learn from boys and girls” is the theme for this event, sponsored by the Dicastery for Culture and Education. It will be a meeting that will manifest the dream each of us has: to retrieve the pure sentiments of children for the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like children. Children teach us how to be transparent in relationships, how to spontaneously welcome those who are strangers, and how to respect all of creation. Dear children, I too look forward to learning from all of you!

여러분이 보시는 것처럼, 제 옆에 5대륙을 대표하는 다섯 명의 어린이들이 있습니다. 저는 11월 6일 오후 바오로 6세 홀에서 전 세계 어린이들을 만날 예정임을 그들과 함께 오늘 발표합니다. 문화교육성이 후원하는 이번 행사의 주제는 “소년 소녀들에게서 배웁시다.”입니다. 우리 각자가 갖고 있는 꿈, 즉 하느님 나라가 어린아이와 같은 사람들에게 속해 있기 때문에 어린아이의 순수한 정서를 되찾는 것이, 실현되는 모임이 될 것입니다. 어린이들이 우리들에게 관계에서 투명하게 되는 법, 낯선 사람들을 환영하는 법, 그리고 모든 피조물을 존경하는 법을 가르칩니다. 사랑하는 어린이들, 저도 여러분 모두에게 배우기를 기대합니다.

I wish all of you a good Sunday. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 않으시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.