영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.09.24)

최고관리자
2023.10.11 19:09 362 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 24 September 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today’s Gospel presents us a surprising parable: the master of a vineyard goes out from the first dawn until evening to call in some workers, but in the end, he pays everyone equally, even those who have only worked one hour (cf. Mt 20:1-16). It would seem an injustice, but the parable is not to be read through wage criteria; rather, it intends to show us the criteria of God, who does not calculate our merits, but loves us as children.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제25주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 9월 24일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음은 우리에게 놀라운 비유를 제시합니다. 포도원 주인은 새벽부터 저녁까지 일꾼들을 부르러 나갑니다. 그러나 결국 모든 일꾼들에게, 한 시간만 일한 사람들에게도, 똑같은 임금을 줍니다. (마태오 20,1-16 참조) 부당한 조치로 보일 수 있지만 이 비유는 임금기준 관점으로 읽어서는 안 됩니다. 오히려 이 예화는 하느님의 기준을 우리에게 보여주려고 합니다. 하느님께서는 우리의 공을 따지지 않으시고 우리 모두를 자녀로 사랑하십니다.

Let us look more closely at two divine actions that emerge from the story. First, God goes out at all hours to call us; second, He repays everyone with the same “coin”. First, God is He who goes out at all hours to call us. The parable says that the master “went out early in the morning to hire labourers for his vineyard” (v. 1), but then continues to go out at various times of the day until sunset, to look for those whom no one had yet taken to work. We thus understand that in the parable the workers are not only men, but above all God, who goes out all day without tiring. This is how God is: He does not wait for our efforts to come to us, He does not make an examination to assess our merits before seeking us out,

이야기에 나오는 두 가지의 하느님의 행동을 더 면밀히 살펴봅시다. 첫째, 하느님께서는 우리를 부르기 위해 매 시간 나가십니다. 둘째, 그분은 모든 사람들에게 똑같은 “주화”로 보상하십니다. 첫째, 하느님께서는 우리를 부르기 위해 매 시간 나가시는 분이십니다. 비유는 주인이 “자기 포도밭에서 일할 일꾼들을 사려고 이른 아침에 집을 나섰다.” (1절) 고 말합니다. 그러나 주인은 그 후에도 아직 아무도 일 시키려고 데려가지 않은 사람들을 찾으려고 해가 질 때까지 여러 번 나갑니다. 그러므로 우리는 비유에서 노동을 한 사람들은 노동자들뿐만 아니라 무엇보다도 하루 종일 지치지 않고 집을 나선 하느님이시라는 것을 이해합니다. 하느님은 이런 분이십니다. 그분은 우리에게 오시기 위해서 우리 쪽의 노력을 기다리지 않으십니다. 그분은 우리를 찾아 나서시기 전에 우리의 장점을 헤아리기 위한 조사를 하지 않으십니다.

He does not give up if we are late in responding to Him; on the contrary, He Himself has taken the initiative and in Jesus has “come out”-to us, to show us His love. And He seeks us at all hours of the day, which, as Saint Gregory the Great states, represent the different stages and seasons of our life up to old age (cf. Homilies on the Gospel, 19). For His heart, it is never too late; He is always looking for us and waiting for us. Let us not forget this: the Lord always seeks us and awaits us, always!

그분은 우리가 그분께 늦게 응답해도 포기하지 않으십니다. 그와 반대로 그분 자신이 주도권을 잡으셨고 우리에게 그분의 사랑을 보여주기 위해 예수님 안에서 우리에게 “나오셨습니다.” 그리고 그분은 하루 중 모든 시간에 우리를 찾으십니다. 대 그레고리 성인이 말하듯이 그것은 노년까지의 우리 삶의 다양한 단계와 계절을 나타냅니다. (복음에 대한 강론, 19항 참조) 그분의 마음에는 결코 너무 늦지 않습니다. 그분은 항상 우리를 찾고 계시고 우리를 기다리고 계십니다. 이것을 잊지 맙시다. 주님께서는 항상 우리를 찾으시고, 항상 우리를 기다리십니다. 항상!

Precisely because He is so big-hearted, God – this is the second action – repays everyone with the same “coin”, which is his love. Here is the ultimate meaning of the parable: the labourers of the final hour are paid like the first because, in reality, God's is a superior justice. It goes further. Human justice says to “give to each his own according to what he deserves”, while God's justice does not measure love on the scales of our returns, our performance or our failures: God just loves us, He loves us because we are his children, and He does so with an unconditional love, a freely-given love.

정확하게 그분의 마음이 아주 크기 때문에, 하느님께서 - 이것이 두 번째 행동입니다. - 모든 사람들에게 그분의 사랑인 똑같은 “주화”로 보상하십니다. 여기에 이 비유의 궁극적인 의미가 있습니다. 즉 마지막에 온 일꾼들이 처음에 온 일꾼들과 같은 보수를 받습니다. 실제로 하느님의 정의는 더 우월한 정의이기 때문입니다. 더 나아가서, 인간의 정의는 “각 사람에게 자신이 받을 자격이 있는 자신의 몫을 주라고” 말하지만 하느님의 정의는 사랑을 우리의 수익, 우리의 성과, 또는 우리의 실패의 자로 측정하지 않습니다. 하느님께서는 우리를 사랑하실 뿐입니다. 그분은 우리가 그분의 자녀이기 때문에 우리를 사랑하십니다. 그리고 그분은 무조건적인 사랑으로, 거저 주시는 사랑으로 우리를 사랑하십니다.

Brothers and sisters, sometimes we risk having a “mercantile” relationship with God, focusing more on our prowess than on the generosity of his grace. Sometimes even as the Church, instead of going out at all hours of the day and extending our arms to all, we can feel like the first in our class, judging others far away, without thinking that God loves them too with the same love He has for us. And even in our relationships, which are the fabric of society, the justice we practise sometimes fails to break out of the cage of calculation, and we limit ourselves to giving according to what we receive, without daring to go the extra mile, without counting on the effectiveness of good done freely and love offered with a broad heart. Brothers, sisters, let us ask ourselves: do I, a Christian, know how to go out towards others? Am I generous towards everyone, do I know how to give that extra understanding and forgiveness, as Jesus has done and does every day with me? May Our Lady help us to convert to God's measure: that of a love without measure.

형제자매 여러분, 때때로 우리는 하느님과 “상업적”인 관계를 맺는 위험에 빠집니다. 하느님의 관대한 은총보다 우리의 능력에 더 초점을 맞춥니다. 때때로 교회까지도 낮의 모든 시간에 나가서 모든 사람들에게 우리의 팔을 뻗는 대신에 우리가 마치 우리 반의 첫째인 것처럼 느낄 수 있습니다. 멀리에서 남을 판단하고, 하느님께서 우리를 사랑하시는 똑같은 사랑으로 그들도 사랑하신다는 것을 생각하지 않습니다. 사회의 뼈대인 우리의 관계에서 조차도, 우리가 행하는 정의는 종종 계산의 굴레를 벗어나지 못하고, 한층 더 노력하지 않고, 자유롭게 행한 선과 너그러운 마음으로 베푼 사랑의 효과를 믿지 않고, 우리가 받은 만큼만 주는 것으로 우리를 제한합니다. 형제자매 여러분, 우리 자신에게 물어봅시다. 크리스천인 나는 다른 사람들을 향해 어떻게 나아가는지 아는가? 나는 모든 사람에게 관대한가? 나는 예수님께서 하셨고 매일 나에게 하시는 것과 같이 그 추가적인 이해와 용서를 베푸는 방법을 아는가? 우리의 성모님, 저희를 도우셔서 저희의 기준이 하느님의 기준 즉 계산하지 않는 사랑의 기준으로 바뀌게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! Today is World Day of Migrants and Refugees, on the theme: “Free to choose whether to migrate or to stay”, to recall that to migrate should be a free choice, and never the only one possible. Indeed, the right to migrate has now become an obligation for many, whereas there ought to exist the right to not emigrate, to remain in one’s own country. It is necessary for every man and woman to be guaranteed the right to live a dignified life in the society in which they find themselves. Unfortunately, poverty, wars and the climate crisis force so many people to flee. Therefore, we are all required to create communities that are ready and open to welcome, promote, accompany and integrate those who knock on our doors. This challenge was at the centre of the Rencontres Méditerranéennes, which took place in recent days in Marseille, and in whose concluding session I participated yesterday, travelling to the city, a crossroads of peoples and cultures.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 오늘은 세계 이주민과 난민의 날입니다. 오늘의 주제는 “이주할지, 계속 머무를지 자유롭게 선택하기”로서 이주는 자유로운 선택이어야 하며 결코 유일한 선택이 될 수 없다는 것을 상기하기 위해서입니다. 실제로 이주할 권리는 이제 많은 사람에게 의무가 되었지만 이주하지 않고 자국에 머물 권리도 있어야 합니다. 모든 사람들은 자신이 속한 사회에서 존엄한 삶을 살아갈 권리를 보장받아야 합니다. 그러나 안타깝게도 빈곤, 전쟁, 그리고 기후 위기로 인해 수많은 사람들이 떠나야 합니다. 그러므로 우리 모두는 우리 문을 두드리는 사람들을 환영하고, 촉진하고, 동반하고, 통합할 준비가 되어 있고 열려 있는 공동체를 만들어야 합니다. 이 도전은 최근 마르세유에서 열린 Rencontres Méditerranéennes의 중심에 있었고, 저는 어제 마지막 세션에 참석하고, 사람과 문화의 교차로인 그 도시에 여행했습니다.

I give special thanks to the bishops of the Italian Episcopal Conference who do everything they can to help our migrant brothers and sisters. We have just heard Archbishop Baturi on television, in the programme “A Sua Immagine” explaining this.

저는 이민 형제자매들을 돕기 위해 최선을 다하는 이탈리아 주교회의 주교들에게 특별한 감사를 드립니다. 우리는 바투리 대주교가 이에 대해 설명하는 것을 바로 전에 텔레비전의 “A Sua Immagine” 프로그램에서 봤습니다.

I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and many countries, in particular the Redemptoris Mater international diocesan seminary of Cologne, in Germany. Likewise I greet the group of people affected by the rare disease known as ataxia, with their family members. I renew my invitation to participate in the ecumenical prayer vigil, entitled “Together”, which will take place on this coming Saturday 30 September in Saint Peter’s Square, in preparation for the Synodal Assembly which will begin on 4 October.

저는 여러분 모두, 로마인과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들에게, 특히 독일 쾰른의 구원의 어머니 국제 교구 신학교에서 온 순례자들에게 인사드립니다. 마찬가지로 운동 실조증으로 알려진 희귀병을 앓고 있는 분들과 그 가족들에게 인사를 드립니다. 저는 10월 4일 시작되는 세계주교대의원회의 준비를 위해 오는 9월 30일 토요일 성 베드로 광장에서 열리는 '함께'라는 제목의 교회 일치 철야기도회에 참여하도록 다시 한 번 초대합니다.

Let us recall beleaguered Ukraine, and pray for this people that is suffering so much. I wish you all a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

사면초가에 몰린 우크라이나를 기억하고 너무나 많은 고통을 받는 이 국민을 위해 기도합시다. 여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고 저를 위해 기도하는 것 잊지 마시길 부탁합니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.