영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.09.17)

최고관리자
2023.10.11 19:08 362 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty-forth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 17 September 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today, the Gospel talks to us about forgiveness (cf. Mt 18:21-35). Peter asks Jesus: “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” (v. 21).

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제24주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 9월 17일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 복음은 우리에게 용서에 관해 이야기합니다. (마태오 18,21-35 참조) 베드로가 예수님께 묻습니다. “주님, 제 형제가 저에게 죄를 지으면 몇 번이나 용서해 주어야 합니까? 일곱 번까지 해야 합니까?” (21절)

Seven, in the Bible, is a number that indicates completeness, and so Peter is very generous in the assumptions of his question. But Jesus goes further, and answers him: “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven” (v. 22). He tells him, that is, that when one forgives, one does not calculate; that it is good to forgive everything, and always! Just as God does with us, and as those who administer God’s justice are required to do: forgive always. I say this a lot to priests, to confessors: always forgive, as God forgives.

성경에서 7은 완전함을 나타내는 숫자이므로 베드로는 자신의 질문에서 매우 관대하게 가정합니다. 그러나 예수님께서는 훨씬 더 나가시어 그에게 이렇게 답하십니다. “내가 너에게 말한다. 일곱 번이 아니라 일흔일곱 번까지라도 용서해야 한다.” (22절) 예수님께서 베드로에게 말씀하십니다. 용서하는 사람은 용서할 때 계산하지 않는다고, 모든 것을 그리고 항상 용서하는 것이 좋다고 말씀하십니다. 하느님께서 우리에게 하시는 것과 같이, 그리고 하느님의 정의를 집행하는 사람들이 해야 하는 것과 같이 항상 용서하십시오. 저는 사제들과 고해사제들에게 이 말을 많이 합니다. 하느님께서 용서하시는 것처럼 항상 용서하십시오.

Jesus then illustrates this reality through a parable, which again has to do with numbers. A king, after being implored, forgives a servant the debt of 10,000 talents: it is an excessive, immense value, ranging from 200 to 500 tons of silver: excessive. It was an impossible debt to settle, even by working a lifetime: yet this master, who recalls our Father, forgives it out of sheer “pity” (v. 27). This is God’s heart: he always forgives, because God is compassionate. Let us not forget how God is: he is close, compassionate and tender; this is God’s way of being. Then, however, this servant, whose debt has been forgiven, shows no mercy towards a fellow servant who owes him 100 denarii. This too is a substantial sum, equivalent to about three months’ wages - as if to say that forgiving each other costs money! - but not at all comparable to the previous figure that the master had forgiven.

그 다음에 예수님께서는 역시 숫자와 관련된 예화를 통해 이 실상을 설명하십니다. 왕은 애원하는 종에게 10,000 탈렌트의 부채를 탕감해줍니다. 이 액수는 과도하고 엄청난 가치로서 200 톤 내지 500톤의 은에 해당하는 과도한 액수입니다. 평생 일해도 갚을 수 없는 부채였습니다. 그러나 우리의 아버지를 떠올리는 이 왕은 순전히 “연민” 때문에 그를 용서합니다. (27절) 이것이 하느님의 마음입니다. 하느님께서는 항상 용서하십니다. 하느님께서는 측은이 여기시기 때문입니다. 하느님이 어떤 분이신지 잊지 맙시다. 그분은 가까이 계시고 가엾이 여기시고 온유하십니다. 이것이 하느님의 존재 방식입니다. 그런데 빚을 탕감 받은 이 종은 자기에게 100데나리온 빚진 동료 종에게 자비를 베풀지 않습니다. 이 액수 역시 상당한 금액으로서 대략 3 달치 품삯에 해당합니다. - 마치 서로를 용서하는 것은 돈이 든다고 말하는 것 같습니다. - 그러나 이 액수는 주인이 용서했던 이전 액수에는 전혀 비교할 수 없는 액수입니다.

Jesus’ message is clear: God forgives incalculably, exceeding all measure. This is how he is; He acts out of love, and gratuitously. God is not bought, God is free, he is all gratuitousness. We cannot repay Him but, when we forgive a brother or a sister, we imitate Him. Forgiving is not, therefore, a good deed that we can choose to do or not do: forgiving is a fundamental condition for those who are Christians. Every one of us, in fact, is “forgiven”: let us not forget this, we are forgiven, God gave his life for us and in no way can we recompense his mercy, which he never withdraws from his heart. However, by corresponding to his gratuitousness, that is, by forgiving one another, we can bear witness to him, sowing new life around us. For outside of forgiveness there is no hope; outside of forgiveness there is no peace. Forgiveness is the oxygen that purifies the air of hatred, forgiveness is the antidote to the poisons of resentment, it is the way to defuse anger and heal so many maladies of the heart that contaminate society.

예수님의 메시지는 분명합니다. 하느님께서는 한량없이 헤아릴 수 없을 만큼 용서하십니다. 하느님께서는 이러하십니다. 그분은 사랑 때문에 그리고 대가 없이 행동하십니다. 돈으로 하느님을 사는 것이 아니고 하느님은 무료입니다. 하느님께서는 모든 것을 거저 주십니다. 우리는 그분께 보답할 수 없지만 우리가 형제 또는 자매를 용서할 때 우리는 그분을 본받는 것입니다. 그러므로 용서는 우리가 할 것인가 안 할 것인가를 선택할 수 있는 선행이 아닙니다. 용서는 크리스천인 사람들의 근본적인 조건입니다. 사실 우리 모두는 “용서 받았습니다.” 이것을 잊지 맙시다. 우리는 용서받았습니다. 하느님께서는 우리를 위해 당신의 목숨을 내주셨고 우리는 절대로 그분의 자비에 대해 보답할 수 없습니다. 하느님께서는 당신의 마음에서 그 자비를 절대로 떼어놓지 않으십니다. 그러나 그분의 거저 주시는 은혜에 부응함으로써, 즉 서로를 용서함으로써, 우리 주위에 새로운 생명을 심으면서 그분을 증거 할 수 있습니다. 용서 밖에는 희망이 없고 용서 밖에는 평화가 없기 때문입니다. 용서는 증오의 공기를 정화하는 산소이고, 용서는 원망의 독의 해독제이며, 용서는 분노를 누그러뜨리고, 사회를 오염시키는 수많은 마음의 질병을 치료하는 길입니다.

Let us ask ourselves, then: do I believe I have received from God the gift of immense forgiveness? Do I feel the joy of knowing that He is always ready to forgive me when I fall, even when others do not, even when I am not even able to forgive myself? He forgives: do I believe that he forgives? And then: can I in turn forgive those who wrong me? In this respect, I would like to propose a little exercise to you: let us try, now, each one of us, to think of a person who has hurt us, and ask the Lord for the strength to forgive them. And let us forgive them out of love for the Lord: brothers and sisters, this will do us good; it will restore peace to our hearts.

다음으로 우리 스스로에게 물어봅시다. 나는 하느님으로부터 엄청난 용서의 선물을 받았다고 믿는가? 내가 넘어졌을 때, 다른 사람들이 용서하지 않을 때에도, 내가 나 자신을 용서할 수 없을 때조차도, 그분은 항상 나를 용서하실 준비가 되어있다는 것을 아는 기쁨을 느끼는가? 그분은 용서하십니다. 나는 그분이 용서하신다는 것을 믿는가? 그러면 나도 나에게 잘못한 사람을 용서할 수 있는가? 이와 관련하여 저는 여러분에게 작은 실천을 제안하고 싶습니다. 이제 우리 각자에게 상처를 준 사람들을 생각해 보고, 그들을 용서할 수 있는 힘을 주님께 청합시다. 그리고 주님께 대한 사랑으로 그들을 용서합시다. 형제자매 여러분, 이것이 우리에게 도움이 될 것입니다. 그것이 우리의 마음에 평화를 회복시킬 것입니다.

May Mary, Mother of Mercy, help us to receive the grace of God and to forgive each other.

자비의 어머니이신 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 하느님의 은총을 받고 서로를 용서하게 하소서!

After the Angelus
On Friday I will go to Marseille to participate in the conclusion of the Recontres Méditerranéennes, a fine initiative that is taking place in important Mediterranean cities, bringing together ecclesial and civil leaders to promote paths of peace, collaboration and integration around the mare nostrum, with special attention to the phenomenon of migration. It represents a challenge that is not easy, as we also see from the news in recent days, but which must be faced together, since it is essential for the future of all, which will be prosperous only if it is built on fraternity, putting human dignity and real people, especially those most in need, in first place. While I ask you to accompany this journey with prayer, I would like to thank the civil and religious authorities, and those who are working to prepare for the meeting in Marseille, a city rich in peoples, called to be a port of hope. As of now I greet all the inhabitants, looking forward to meet so many dear brothers and sisters.

삼종기도 후에
이번 금요일, 9월 22일에 저는 지중해의 중요한 도시들에서 진행되고 있는 훌륭한 계획인 Recontres Méditerranéennes 의 결론에 참여하기 위해 마르세유로 갑니다. 교회와 시민사회의 지도자들이 함께 모여, 이주 현상에 특별한 관심을 갖고, 지중해 주변의 평화, 협조, 통합을 추진합니다. 이는 최근 뉴스에서도 볼 수 있듯이 쉽지 않지만 함께 직면해야 하는 도전을 대변합니다. 이는 모두의 미래를 위해 필수적이며, 우리 모두의 미래는 인간의 존엄성과 실제의 사람들, 특히 가장 도움이 필요한 사람들을 최우선으로 생각하는 형제애를 바탕으로 세워질 때에만 번영할 수 있기 때문입니다. 여러분께 기도로 이 여정에 동행해 주시기를 부탁드리며, 저는 시민사회와 종교 당국과, 희망의 항구가 되도록 부르심을 받은, 다민족의 도시 마르세유에서 모임을 준비하기 위해 노력하는 분들에게 감사의 말씀을 전합니다. 저는 이제 수많은 사랑하는 형제자매들을 만나기를 기대하며 모든 주민들에게 인사드립니다.

And I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and various countries, especially the representatives of some parishes in Miami, the Banda de Gaitas del Batallón de San Patricio, the faithful of Pieve del Cairo and Castelnuovo Scrivia, and the Missionary Sisters of the Most Holy Redeemer of the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church. And I continue to pray for the tormented Ukrainian people, and for peace in every land bloodstained by war. And I greet the young people of the Immacolata!

그리고 여러분 모두, 로마인과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분, 특히 마이애미의 몇몇 본당의 대표들, 반다 데 가이타스 델 바탈론 데 산 파트리시오, 피에베 델 카이로와 카스텔누오보 스크리비아의 신자들, 그리고 우크라이나 그리스-가톨릭 교회의 가장 거룩한 구원자의 선교 수녀님들에게 인사드립니다. 그리고 저는 고통 받는 우크라이나 국민들을 위해, 그리고 전쟁으로 피로 얼룩진 모든 땅의 평화를 위해 계속 기도합니다. 그리고 임마콜라타의 젊은이들에게 인사드립니다!

I wish you all a good Sunday, and please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

여러분 모두, 복된 주일 보내시길 빌며, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시기를 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.