영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.09.10)

최고관리자
2023.10.11 19:06 364 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 10 September 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today the Gospel speaks to us about fraternal correction (cf. Mt 18:15-20), which is one of the highest expressions of love, and also one of the most demanding, because it is not easy to correct others. When a brother in faith wrongs you, then you, without rancour, help him, correct him: help by correcting.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제23주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 9월 10일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음은 형제적 충고 (마태 18,15-20 참조) 에 관해 우리에게 말합니다. 이는 가장 높은 사랑의 표현 중 하나이며, 다른 사람의 생각을 바꾸는 것이 쉽지 않기 때문에 가장 힘든 일 중의 하나이기도 합니다. 믿음의 형제가 당신에게 잘못을 저지르면, 당신은 원한 없이 그를 도와주고, 바로잡아 줍니다. 즉 바로잡아줌으로써 도와줍니다.

Unfortunately, however, often the first thing that is created around those who make a mistake is gossip, in which everyone comes to know the mistake, complete with details, apart from the person concerned! This is not right, brothers and sisters, this does not please God. I never tire of repeating that gossip is a plague on the life of people and communities, because it leads to division, it leads to suffering, it leads to scandal; it never helps improve or grow. A great spiritual master, Saint Bernard, said that idle curiosity and superficial words are the first steps on the ladder of pride, which does not lead upwards, but downwards, plunging man towards perdition and ruin (cf. The twelve steps of humility and pride).

그러나 불행하게도 실수를 저지른 사람 주변에 가장 먼저 생성되는 것이 소문입니다. 이 소문을 통해서 관련된 사람을 제외한 모든 사람들이 그 실수를 아주 세세하게 알게 됩니다. 이것은 옳지 않습니다. 형제자매 여러분, 하느님께서 기뻐하지 않으십니다. 저는 험담이 사람들과 공동체들의 삶의 역병이라는 사실을 계속해서 반복합니다. 왜냐하면 그것은 분열로 이어지고, 그것은 고통으로 이어지고, 그것은 스캔들로 이어지기 때문입니다. 그것은 절대로 개선이나 성장에 도움이 되지 않습니다. 위대한 영적 스승인 성 베르나르도는 헛된 호기심과 피상적인 말은 교만의 사다리의 첫 번째 단계로서 상승이 아닌 하강으로 이어지고 사람을 지옥과 멸망으로 빠뜨린다고 말했습니다. (참조, 겸손과 교만의 12단계)

Instead, Jesus teaches us to behave in a different way. This is what He says today: “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone” (v. 15). Speak to him about it “face to face”, speak about it fairly, to help him understand where he has erred. And do this for his own good, overcoming shame and finding true courage, which is not to slander, but to tell him to his face with meekness and gentleness.

그러나 예수님께서는 우리에게 다르게 행동하라고 가르치십니다. 예수님께서 이렇게 말씀하십니다. “네 형제가 너에게 죄를 짓거든, 가서 단둘이 만나 그를 타일러라.” (15절) “직접 만나서” 그것에 관해 정직하게 그에게 이야기 하십시오. 어디가 잘못됐는지 그가 이해하도록 도와주십시오. 그자신의 유익을 위해, 그가 부끄러움을 극복하고 진정한 용기를 찾도록, 비방이 아니라 온유하고 부드럽게 그에게 직접 얘기하십시오.

But we might ask, what if this is not enough? What if he does not understand? Then we must look for help. Beware, though: not from the group that gossips! Jesus says: “Take one or two others along with you” (v. 16), meaning people who genuinely want to lend a hand to this misguided brother.

하지만 우리에게 의문이 생깁니다. 그가 말을 듣지 않으면, 그가 이해하지 못하면 어떻게 합니까? 그렇다면 우리는 도움을 구해야 합니다. 하지만 조심하십시오. 험담하는 사람들의 도움은 안 됩니다. 예수님께서 말씀하십니다. “한 사람이나 두 사람을 더 데리고 가거라.” (16절) 이 잘못한 형제를 진심으로 도와주고 싶어 하는 사람들을 뜻하십니다.

And if he still does not understand? Then, Jesus says, involve the community. But here too, this does not mean to pillory a person, putting him to shame publicly, but rather to unite the efforts of everyone to help him change. Pointing the finger is not good; in fact, it often makes it more difficult for the wrongdoer to recognize his mistake. Rather, the community must make him feel that, while it condemns the mistake, it is close to the person with prayer and affection, always ready to offer forgiveness, understanding, and to start over.

그런데 그가 여전히 이해하지 못하면 어떻게 합니까? 예수님께서 공동체를 개입시키라고 말씀하십니다. 그러나 여기서도 한 사람을 강력하게 비판하고 공개적으로 수치스럽게 하는 것이 아니라 모든 사람의 노력을 한데 모아 그가 변화하도록 돕는 것을 의미합니다. 손가락질하는 것은 좋지 않습니다. 사실 그것은 종종 잘못한 사람이 자신의 잘못을 인식하는 것을 더 어렵게 만듭니다. 오히려 공동체는 실수를 나무라면서도 기도와 사랑으로 그 사람 가까이에 있고, 항상 용서, 이해, 그리고 다시 시작할 준비가 되어있다는 것을 그 사람이 느낄 수 있게 해야 합니다.

And so, let us ask ourselves: how should I behave with a person who wrongs me? Do I keep it inside and accumulate resentment? “You will pay for it”, those words which come so often: “you will pay for it…”. Do I talk about it behind their backs? “Do you know what he did?”; and so on… Or am I brave, courageous, and do I try to talk about it to him or her? Do I pray for him or her, ask for help to do good? And do our communities take care of those who fall, so that they can get back up and start a new life? Do they point their fingers or open their arms? What do you do: do you point the finger or open your arms?

그래서 우리자신에게 물어봅시다. 나에게 잘못한 사람에게 어떻게 행동해야 할까요? 나는 마음속에 품고 원망을 쌓아갑니까? “네가 대가를 치를 거야!” 아주 자주 나오는 말입니다. “네가 벌을 받을 거야!” 나는 뒷담화를 합니까? “그 사람이 무슨 짓을 한지 알아요?” 등등.. 아니면 용기를 내어 그 사람에게 그것을 직접 얘기하려고 합니까? 그 사람을 위해 기도하고 선을 행하도록 도와주십사고 청합니까? 우리의 공동체는 넘어진 사람들을 돌보아서 그들이 다시 일어나 새로운 삶을 살 수 있도록 합니까? 그들은 손가락질을 합니까? 아니면 그들의 팔을 벌립니까? 당신은 어떻게 합니까? 당신은 손가락질을 합니까? 아니면 팔을 벌립니까?

May Mary, who continued to love even as she heard people condemn her Son, help us to always seek the path of good.

사람들이 당신 아드님을 단죄하는 것을 들었을 때에도 사랑하는 것을 멈추지 않으신 성모 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 항상 선의 길을 추구하게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters, I wish to express my proximity to the dear people of Morocco, stricken by a devastating earthquake. I pray for the injured, for those who have lost their lives – so many! – and for their relatives. I thank the rescue workers and those who are working to alleviate the suffering of the people; may concrete help on the part of everyone support the population at this tragic time: let us be close to the people of Morocco!

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 엄청난 지진의 피해를 입은 사랑하는 모로코 국민들에게 마음으로 가까이 있음을 표현하고 싶습니다. 저는 부상자들과 목숨을 잃은 수많은 사람들과 그들의 가족들을 위해 기도합니다. 구조대원들과 국민의 고통을 덜어주기 위해 애쓰시는 분들께 감사드립니다. 모든 사람들의 구체적인 도움이 이 비극적인 시기의 이 국민을 지원할 수 있기를 바랍니다. 우리 모두 모로코 국민들을 마음으로 가까이 생각합시다.

Today in Markowa, Poland, the martyrs Józef and Wiktoria Ulma, with their seven children, were beatified: an entire family exterminated by the Nazis on 24 March 1944 for having given shelter to some persecuted Jews. They opposed the hatred and violence that characterized that time with evangelical love. May this Polish family, which represents a ray of light in the darkness of the Second World War, be for all of us a model to imitate in the zeal for goodness and service to those in need. A round of applause for this family of Blesseds!

오늘 폴란드 마르코바에서 순교자 유제프 울마와 위크토리아 울마가 일곱 자녀와 함께 시복되었습니다. 박해받는 일부 유대인들에게 피난처를 제공했다는 이유로 1944년 3월 24일 나치에 의해 온 가족이 몰살당했습니다. 그들은 복음적 사랑으로 그 시대를 특징지었던 증오와 폭력에 반대했습니다. 제2차 세계대전의 어둠 속의 한 줄기 빛을 나타내는 이 폴란드 가정이 우리 모두가 선에 대한 열정, 그리고 도움이 필요한 사람들에 대한 봉사의 열정에 있어서 본받아야 할 모델이 되게 하소서! 이 새로 시복된 가족들에게 박수를 보냅시다.

And following their example, let us hear the call to oppose the force of weapons with that of charity, the rhetoric of violence with the tenacity of prayer. Let us do so above all for the many countries that are suffering due to war; in a special way, let us intensify our prayer for beleaguered Ukraine. There are the flags, there, of Ukraine, which is suffering so, so much!

그리고 그들의 모범을 따라 무기의 힘에 자선의 힘으로 맞서고, 폭력의 미사여구를 끈질긴 기도로 맞서라는 부르심에 귀 기울입시다. 무엇보다도 전쟁으로 고통 받고 있는 많은 나라들을 위해 그렇게 합시다. 특별한 방법으로, 위기에 처한 우크라이나를 위한 기도를 더욱 강화합시다. 광장 저쪽에 너무나 많은 고통을 겪고 있는 우크라이나의 깃발이 보입니다.

The day after tomorrow, 12 September, the dear Ethiopian people will celebrate their traditional New Year. I wish to extend my warmest wishes to the entire population, in the hope they will be blessed with the gifts of fraternal reconciliation and peace.

내일 모레인 9월 12일, 사랑하는 에티오피아 국민들이 그들의 전통적인 새해를 맞이합니다. 저는 온 국민이 형제적 화해와 평화의 선물로 축복받기를 희망하며 저의 따뜻한 인사를 전합니다.

Let us turn our thoughts today to the Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel, in Normany, which is celebrating the millennium of the consecration of its temple.

오늘 성전 봉헌 1000주년을 기념하고 있는 노르망디의 몽생미셸 수도원에 우리의 주의를 돌립시다.

And I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and various countries, in particular the parish of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, from Madrid; the Risen Christ pastoral community from Saronno; candidates for confirmation from Soliera, and high school students from Lucca.

로마인들과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분, 특별히 마드리드의 예수 성심 본당에서 오신 분들, 사론노(Saronno)의 부활하신 그리스도 사목 공동체, 솔리에라의 견진 후보자들, 루카의 고등학생들에게 인사드립니다.

As we approach the beginning of the catechetical year, Elledici, the Salesian publishing house, is donating to those present in the square today a catechetical handbook, entitled “Step by step”: it is a beautiful gift! I would like to take this opportunity to thank the catechists for their valuable work and to wish the boys and girls in catechism the joy of encountering Jesus.

교리교육 연도의 시작이 다가옴에 따라 살레시안 출판사인 엘레디치 (Elledici) 가 오늘 광장에 모인 사람들에게 “한 걸음씩”이라는 제목의 교리교육 핸드북을 기증하고 있습니다. 아름다운 선물입니다! 저는 이 기회에 교리교사들의 귀중한 활동에 감사드리고, 교리문답을 배우고 있는 소년 소녀들이 예수님을 만나는 기쁨을 누리기를 바랍니다.

I wish you all a good Sunday, and please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal, and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.