영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.08.27)

최고관리자
2023.09.09 19:06 553 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 27 August 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today in the Gospel (cf. Mt 16, 13-20), Jesus asks the disciples a good question: “Who do men say that the Son of man is?” (v.13). It is a question we too can ask: what do Jesus’ people say? In general, good things: many see him as a great teacher, as a special person: good, righteous, consistent, courageous… But is this enough to understand who He is, and above all, is it enough for Jesus? It seems not. If He were simply a person from the past – just as the figures cited in the same Gospel, John the Baptist, Moses, Elijah and the great prophets were for the people – He would merely be a good memory of a bygone time. And for Jesus, this will not do. Therefore, immediately afterwards, the Lord asks the disciples the decisive question: “But who do you – you! – say that I am?” (v. 15). Who am I for you, now? Jesus does not want to be a key figure from past history; He wants to be an important person for you today, for me today; not a distant prophet: Jesus wants to be the God who is close to us!

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제21주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 8월 27일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음(마태오 16,13-20 참조)에서 예수님께서는 제자들에게 좋은 질문을 하십니다. “사람들은 사람의 아들을 누구라고들 하느냐?” (13절) 그것은 우리도 물어볼 수 있는 질문입니다. 예수님의 사람들은 무슨 얘기를 할까요? 일반적으로 좋은 것들을 얘기할 것입니다. 많은 사람들이 그분을 훌륭한 교사, 특별한 분으로 봅니다. 즉 선하고, 의롭고, 한결같고, 용기 있는 등등 그런 분으로 봅니다. 그러나 이것으로 그분이 누구라는 것을 이해하기에 충분합니까? 무엇보다도 예수님을 설명하기에 충분합니까? 그렇지 않은 것 같습니다. 만일 그분이 단순히 과거의 인물이었다면 – 같은 복음서에 인용된 인물들, 세례 요한, 모세, 엘리야, 그리고 위대한 선지자들이 사람들을 위한 인물이었던 것처럼 – 그분도 단지 지난 시대의 좋은 기억에 지나지 않을 것입니다. 그러나 예수님께 이것은 작동하지 않을 것입니다. 그래서 직후에 주님께서 제자들에게 결정적인 질문을 하십니다. “그러면 너희는 나를 누구라고 하느냐?” (15절) 지금 너희에게 나는 누구냐? 예수님은 과거 역사의 핵심 인물이 되기를 원하지 않으십니다. 그분은 오늘 당신에게, 오늘 나에게 중요한 사람이 되기를 원하십니다. 멀리 있는 예언자가 아니십니다. 예수님께서는 우리에게 가까이 계신 하느님이길 원하십니다.

Christ, brothers and sisters, is not a memory of the past, but the God of the present. If He were merely an historic figure, to imitate Him today would be impossible: we would find ourselves faced with the great chasm of time, and above all, faced with his model, which is like a very high, unscalable mountain; we would want to climb it, but lack the ability and the necessary means. Instead, Jesus is living: let us remember this, Jesus is living, Jesus lives in the Church, He lives in the world, Jesus accompanies us, Jesus is by our side, He offers us His Word, He offers us His grace, which enlighten and refresh us on the journey: He, an expert and wise guide, is happy to accompany us on the most difficult paths and the steepest slopes.

형제자매 여러분, 그리스도께서는 과거의 기억이 아니라 현재의 하느님이십니다. 만약 그분이 단지 역사적 인물이라면 오늘 우리가 그분을 닮는 것은 불가능할 것입니다. 우리는 시간의 큰 협곡에 봉착하고 무엇보다도 아주 높고 오를 수 없는 산과 같은 그분의 모델에 직면할 것입니다. 우리는 오르고 싶지만 능력과 필요한 수단이 부족합니다. 그러나 예수님은 살아 계십니다. 이것을 기억합시다. 예수님은 살아 계십니다. 예수님은 교회 안에 사시고, 세상에 살고 계십니다. 예수님은 우리와 동행하십니다. 예수님은 우리 곁에 계십니다. 그분은 우리에게, 여정에 있는 우리를 깨우치고 새롭게 하는, 그분의 말씀과 그분의 은총을 주십니다. 전문적이고 현명한 가이드이신 그분은 가장 험난한 길과 가장 가파른 언덕에서 우리와 기꺼이 동행하십니다.

Dear brothers and sisters, we are not alone on the path of life, because Christ is with us, Christ helps us to walk, as He did with Peter and the other disciples. It is precisely Peter, in today’s Gospel, who understands this and by grace recognizes in Jesus “the Christ, the Son of the living God” (v. 16): “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”, says Peter; He is not a character from the past, but the Christ, that is, the Messiah, the awaited one; not a deceased hero, but the Son of the living God, made man and come to share the joys and the labours of our journey. Let us not be discouraged if at times the summit of the Christian life seems too high and the path too steep. Let us look to Jesus, always; let us look to Jesus who walks beside us, who accepts our frailties, shares our efforts and rests his firm and gentle arm on our weak shoulders. With Him close at hand, let us also reach out to one another and renew our trust: with Jesus, what seems impossible on our own is no longer so, with Jesus we can go forth!

사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 그리스도께서 우리와 함께 계시기 때문에 우리는 삶에서 혼자가 아닙니다. 그리스도께서 베드로와 다른 제자들에게 하셨던 것처럼 우리가 걷는 것을 도와주십니다. 오늘 복음에서 이것을 이해하고 은총에 힘입어 예수님 안의 “살아 계신 하느님의 아드님 그리스도” (16절)를 알아보는 사람은 바로 베드로입니다. 베드로는 말합니다. “스승님은 살아 계신 하느님의 아드님 그리스도이십니다.” 그분은 과거의 인물이 아니고, 그리스도 즉 기다리던 메시아이십니다. 죽은 영웅이 아니고 사람이 되시어 우리 삶의 여정의 기쁨과 수고를 나누기 위해 오신 살아계신 하느님의 아드님이십니다. 종종 그리스도인의 삶의 꼭대기가 너무 높아 보이고 오르는 길이 너무 가파르게 보일지라도 낙심하지 맙시다. 언제나 예수님을 바라봅시다. 우리 옆에서 걸으시고, 우리의 약함을 인정하시고, 우리의 노력을 함께 나누시고, 우리의 연약한 어께를 당신의 단단하고 부드러운 팔로 감싸주시는 예수님을 바라봅시다. 가까이 계신 그분과 함께 우리도 서로에게 손을 뻗치고 우리의 신뢰를 새롭게 합시다. 예수님과 함께하면 우리 스스로는 불가능해 보이는 일이 더 이상 그렇지 않게 됩니다. 예수님과 함께 우리는 전진할 수 있습니다.

Today it will be good for us to repeat the decisive question, that comes out of his mouth: “Who do you – Jesus says to you – who do you say that I am?”. Let us hear the voice of Jesus, who asks us this. In other words: who is Jesus for me? An important figure, a point of reference, an unattainable model? Or is He God the Son, who walks by my side, who can lead me to the peak of holiness, that I cannot reach by myself? Is Jesus truly living in my life, does Jesus live with me? Is He my Lord? Do I entrust myself to Him in moments of difficulty? Do I cultivate his presence through the Word, through the Sacraments? Do I let myself be guided by Him, together with my brothers and sisters, in the community? May Mary, Mother of the path, help us to feel that Son alive and present beside us.

오늘 우리는 그분이 직접 말씀하신 결정적인 질문을 반복하면 좋겠습니다. “그러면 너희는 - 예수님께서 여러분에게 말씀하십니다. - 너희는 나를 누구라고 하느냐?” 이 질문을 우리에게 하시는 예수님의 음성을 들어봅시다. 달리 말해서 나에게 예수님은 어떤 분이십니까? 중요한 인물, 기준점, 도달할 수 없는 모델이십니까? 아니면 그분은 내 곁에 걸으시고, 내가 혼자는 도달할 수 없는 거룩함의 정점으로 나를 이끌어주실 수 있는 아드님이신 하느님이십니까? 진정으로 예수님께서 내 삶 안에 살아계십니까? 예수님께서 나와 함께 사십니까? 그분은 나의 주님이십니까? 어려운 순간에 나는 자신을 그분께 의탁합니까? 나는 말씀과 성사를 통해서 그분의 현존을 점점 더 많이 체험합니까? 나는 공동체 안에서 나의 형제자매들과 함께 나 자신을 그분의 안내에 맡깁니까? 여정의 어머니이신 성모 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 성자께서 살아계시고 저희 옆에 계시다는 것을 느낄 수 있게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! On Thursday, I will set out on a journey for a few days in the heart of Asia, in Mongolia. It is a much-desired visit, which will be an opportunity to embrace a Church that is small in number, but vibrant in faith and great in charity; and also to meet at close quarters a noble, wise people, with a strong religious tradition that I will have the honour of getting to know, especially in the context of an interreligious event. I would like to address you, brothers and sisters of Mongolia, to tell you that I am happy to travel to be with you as a brother to all. I thank your authorities for their kind invitation, and those who, with great commitment, are preparing for my arrival. I ask all of you to accompany this visit with your prayers.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 목요일에 저는 아시아의 중심인 몽골로 며칠간 여행을 떠날 예정입니다. 많이 기다렸던 이번 방문은 수는 적지만 신앙이 활기차고 사랑이 큰 교회를 껴안는  기회가 될 것입니다. 또한 강력한 종교적 전통을 지닌 고귀하고 현명한 사람들을 가까이에서 만날 수 있는 기회가 될 것입니다. 저는 특별히 종교 간 행사의 맥락에서 그들의 강력한 종교적 전통에 대해서 알게 되는 영광을 누릴 것입니다. 몽골의 형제자매 여러분에게 말씀드리고 싶습니다. 여러분 모두의 형제로서 여러분과 함께 여행을 할 수 있어 행복합니다. 몽골 당국의 친절한 초대에 감사드리고, 큰 헌신으로 저의 도착을 맞을 준비를 하고 계신 분들에게 감사드립니다. 여러분 모두 기도로서 저의 이 방문에 동행해주시기를 청합니다.

I assure my remembrance in prayer of the victims of the fires that have broken out in recent days in north-eastern Greece, and I express my solidarity with the Greek people. And let us stay close to the Ukrainian people, who are suffering due to the war, and are suffering a lot: let us not forget Ukraine!

최근 그리스 북동부에서 발생한 화재 희생자들을 기도 안에서 기억하며, 그리스 국민과의 연대를 표합니다. 그리고 전쟁으로 인해 많은 고통을 겪고 있는 우크라이나 국민들과 마음으로 가까이 지냅시다. 우크라이나를 잊지 맙시다!

I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and many countries. In particular, I greet the parish group from Madrid; the priests from the diocese of Molfetta-Ruvo-Giovanazzo-Terlizzi, with their bishop; the faithful of San Gaetano da Thiene in Melìa; the families from the quarter of Pizzo Carano di San Cataldo and the cyclists from Ciociaria. I greet the altar servers of the pastoral unit of Codevigo, in the diocese of Padua, on a pilgrimage to Rome with their parish priest.

로마인과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 특히 마드리드의 본당 그룹; Molfetta-Ruvo-Giovanazzo-Terlizzi 교구의 사제들과 그들의 주교; Melìa의 San Gaetano da Thiene의 신자들; Pizzo Carano di San Cataldo 지역의 가족들과 Ciociaria의 자전거 타는 사람들에게 인사드립니다. 본당 신부와 함께 로마 순례 중인 파도바 교구 코데비고 사목 단위의 제단 봉사자들에게 인사드립니다.

Today we remember Saint Monica, mother of Saint Augustine: with her prayers and her tears, she asked the Lord for the conversion of her son; a strong woman, a good woman! Let us pray for the many mothers who suffer when their children are a little lost or who find themselves on difficult paths in life. And I wish you all a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

오늘 우리는 성 아우구스티누스의 어머니인 성 모니카를 기억합니다. 그녀는 기도와 눈물로 주님께 자기 아들의 회개를 간청하였습니다. 강하고 선한 여성입니다. 자녀들이 조금 길을 잃을 때 혹은 본인이 삶의 어려운 길에 처하여 고통 받고 있는 많은 어머니들을 위해 기도합시다. 그리고 여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.