영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.08.20)

최고관리자
2023.09.09 19:05 547 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty's Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 20 August 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today’s Gospel recounts the encounter of Jesus with a Canaanite woman outside the territory of Israel (cf. Mt 15:21-28). She asks him to liberate her daughter, who is tormented by a demon. But the Lord pays no attention to her. She insists, and the disciples advise Jesus to acknowledge her so she would stop. Jesus, however, explains that his mission is directed to the children of Israel, using this image: “It is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs”. And the courageous woman responds, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table”. Then, Jesus says to her, “‘O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.’ And her daughter was healed instantly” (vv. 26-28). This is a beautiful story. And this happened to Jesus.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제20주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 8월 20일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음은 이스라엘 영토 밖에서 있었던 예수님과 가나안 여인의 만남에 대해 이야기합니다. (마태 15,21-28 참조). 그녀는 마귀가 들려 고통 받는 딸을 해방시켜 주십사고 예수님께 요청합니다. 그러나 주님은 그녀에게 관심이 없으십니다. 그녀는 주장했고 제자들은 예수님께 그녀를 인정하시고 멈추게 하시라고 말씀드립니다. 그러나 예수님은 “자녀들의 빵을 집어 강아지들에게 던져 주는 것은 좋지 않다.”는 이미지를 사용하시며 자신의 사명은 이스라엘 자손들을 위하는 일이라고 설명하십니다. 그러자 용기 있는 여인은 이렇게 대답합니다. “주님, 그렇습니다. 그러나 강아지들도 주인의 상에서 떨어지는 부스러기는 먹습니다.” 그러자 예수님께서 그녀에게 이렇게 말씀하십니다. “‘아, 여인아! 네 믿음이 참으로 크구나. 네가 바라는 대로 될 것이다.’ 바로 그 시간에 그 여자의 딸이 나았다.” (26-28 참조) 아름다운 이야기입니다. 이것이 바로 예수님께 일어났습니다.

We see that Jesus changed his attitude. What made him change it was the strength of the woman’s faith. So, let us pause briefly over these two aspects: the change in Jesus and the woman’s faith. The change in Jesus. He was directing his preaching to the chosen people. Later the Holy Spirit would push the Church to the ends of the world. But what happens here, we could say, is an anticipation through which the universality of God’s work is already manifested in the episode of the Canaanite woman. Jesus’ openness is interesting. On hearing the woman’s prayer, “he anticipates the plan”; faced with her concrete case, he becomes even more sympathetic and compassionate.

우리는 예수님께서 태도를 바꾸신 것을 봅니다. 그분이 변하도록 한 것은 그 여인의 믿음의 힘이었습니다. 그러면 두 가지 측면 즉 예수님의 변화와 여인의 믿음에 대해 잠시 살펴봅시다. 예수님의 변화. 그분은 선택된 백성에게 설교를 하고 계셨습니다. 후에 성령께서 교회를 세상의 끝까지 밀어붙이실 것입니다. 그러나 여기에 일어나는 일이 하나의 예상이라고 우리는 말할 수 있습니다. 하느님 역사의 보편성이 가나안 여인의 일화에서 이미 드러난다는 예상입니다. 예수님의 개방성은 흥미롭습니다. 여인의 기도를 듣고 “그분은 계획을 예상하십니다.” 그녀의 구체적인 사례에 직면하시어 그분은 더욱 동정적이고 가엾어 하시는 마음을 가지십니다.

This is what God is like: he is love, and the one who loves does not remain rigid. Yes, he or she stands firm, but not rigid, they do not remain rigid in their own positions, but allow themselves to be moved and touched. He or she knows how to change their plans. Love is creative. And we Christians who want to imitate Christ, we are invited to be open to change. How good it would do our relationships, as well as our lives of faith, if we were to be docile, to truly pay attention, to soften up in the name of compassion and the good of others, like Jesus did with the Canaanite woman. The docility to change. Hearts docile to change.

하느님은 이러하십니다. 그분은 사랑이시며 사랑하는 사람은 경직되어 있지 않습니다. 그렇습니다. 사랑하는 사람은 굳건하지만 경직되어 있지 않습니다. 사랑하는 사람들은 그들의 입장을 끝까지 고수하지 않습니다. 오히려 그들은 감동받고 마음이 움직이도록 맡깁니다. 그들은 그들의 계획을 변경할 줄 압니다. 사랑은 창의적입니다. 우리 크리스천들, 그리스도를 닮기를 원하는 우리는 변화에 열려있도록 초대받았습니다. 우리의 관계성은 물론 우리의 믿음의 삶에 얼마나 좋을까요? 예수님께서 사마리아 여인에게 하신 것처럼 우리가 연민과 이웃의 선의 이름으로 유순해지고, 진정으로 주의를 기울이고, 부드러워진다면 우리의 관계성과 우리의 믿음의 삶에 얼마나 좋을까요? 변화에 대한 유순함. 변화에 고분고분한 마음.

Now let us look at the woman’s faith, which the Lord praises, saying that it is “great” (v. 28). According to the disciples, the only thing that seemed “great” was her insistence; but Jesus sees her faith. If we think about it, that foreign woman had probably little or no awareness of the laws and religious precepts of Israel. What does her faith consist of then? She does not have a wealth of concepts but of deeds – the Canaanite woman draws near, prostrates herself, insists, takes part in a frank dialogue with Jesus, overcomes every obstacle just to speak with him. This is the concreteness of faith, which is not a religious label but is a personal relationship with the Lord. How many times we fall into the temptation to confuse faith with a label! This woman’s faith is not fraught with theological gallantry, but with insistence – she knocks at the door, knocks, knocks. Her faith is not made up of words, but of prayer. And God does not resist when he is prayed to. This is why he said, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you” (Mt 7:7).

이제 주님께서 “참으로 크구나.” (28절) 라고 칭찬하신 여인의 믿음을 봅시다. 제자들이 보기에 “참으로 큰” 것처럼 보이는 단 한 가지는 그녀의 끈질긴 주장이었습니다. 그러나 예수님은 그녀의 믿음을 보십니다. 생각해보면, 그 이방인 여인은 아마도 이스라엘의 율법과 종교적 계율에 대해서 거의 또는 전혀 알지 못했을 것입니다. 그렇다면 그녀의 믿음은 무엇으로 구성되어 있을까요? 그녀는 많은 개념을 알지 못하지만 행동으로 옮기는 사람입니다. - 가나안 여인은 가까이 와서, 엎드려 절하고, 주장하고, 예수님과 솔직한 대화에 참여하고, 오직 예수님께 말씀드리기 위해 모든 장애를 극복합니다. 이것이 믿음의 구체성입니다. 믿음은 종교적 라벨 (꼬리표) 이 아니라 주님과의 인간적인 관계입니다. 우리는 얼마나 자주 믿음을 라벨과 혼동하는 유혹에 빠집니까? 이 여인의 믿음은 신학적 용맹으로 가득 차 있는 것이 아니라 집요함으로 가득 차 있습니다. - 그녀는 문을 두드리고, 두드리고, 두드립니다. 그녀의 믿음은 말로 된 것이 아니고 기도로 되어 있습니다. 이것이 그분께서 다음과 같이 말씀하신 이유입니다. “청하여라, 너희에게 주실 것이다. 찾아라, 너희가 얻을 것이다. 문을 두드려라, 너희에게 열릴 것이다.” (마태오 7,7)

Brothers and sisters, in light of all this, we can ask ourselves a few questions beginning with the change in Jesus. For example: Am I capable of changing opinion? Do I know how to be understanding and do I know how to be compassionate, or do I remain rigid in my position? Is there some rigidity in my heart? Which is not firmness: rigidity is awful, firmness is good. And beginning with the woman’s faith: What is my faith like? Does it stop at concepts and words, or is it truly lived with prayer and deeds? Do I know how to dialogue with the Lord? Do I know how to insist with him? Or am I content to recite beautiful formulas? May Our Lady make us open to what is good and concrete in the faith.

형제자매 여러분, 이 모든 것에 비추어 우리는 예수님께서 마음을 바꾸신 것과 관련하여 몇 가지 질문을 우리 자신에게 할 수 있습니다. 예를 들어서 나는 나의 의견을 바꿀 수 있는가? 나는 이해할 줄 알고, 동정심을 가질 줄 아는가? 아니면 나는 나의 입장을 끝까지 고수하는가? 나의 마음에 어떤 경직성이 있는가? 굳건함이 아닌 경직성은 끔찍하고 굳건함은 좋습니다. 그리고 그 여인의 믿음과 관련된 몇 가지 질문은: 나의 믿음은 어떠한가? 나의 믿음은 개념과 말에 그치는가? 아니면 기도와 행동으로 믿음을 실천하는가? 나는 주님과 대화할 줄 아는가? 나는 그분에게 끈질기게 주장할 줄 아는가? 아니면 아름다운 기도를 암송하는 것으로 만족하는가? 우리의 성모님 저희가 믿음의 좋은 것과 구체적인 것에 마음을 열게 하여 주소서!

After the Angelus
I am following with concern what is happening in Niger. I join the Bishops’ appeal in favor of peace in the country and for stability in the Sahel region. I accompany with my prayers the efforts of the international community to find a peaceful solution as soon as possible for everyone’s benefit. Let us pray for the dear people of Niger. And let us also pray for peace for all populations wounded by war and violence. Let us especially pray for Ukraine, which has been suffering for some time.

삼종기도 후에
저는 니제르에서 일어나고 있는 일을 걱정스런 마음으로 지켜보고 있습니다. 저는 이 나라의 평화와 사헬 지역의 안정을 바라는 주교들의 호소에 동참합니다. 저는 모든 사람들에게 이득이 되는 평화로운 해결책을 가능한 한 빨리 찾기 위한 국제사회의 노력에 기도와 함께 동행 합니다. 사랑하는 니제르 사람들을 위해 기도합시다. 또한 전쟁과 폭력으로 상처 입은 모든 사람들의 평화를 위해 기도합시다. 특히 오랫동안 고통 받고 있는 우크라이나를 위해 기도합시다.

I greet all of you, the faithful from Rome and pilgrims from various countries. In particular, I greet the new seminarians from the North American College and I wish them a good formative journey; I also greet the “de la Borriquita” community from Cadice, Spain; I greet the Polish people, thinking of the women and girls, pilgrims to the Shrine of Our Lady of Piekary Śląskie.

로마의 신자들과 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 특히, 북미대학 신학생들에게 인사를 드리며, 좋은 양성의 여정이 되기를 기원합니다. 저는 또한 스페인 Cadice의 "de la Borriquita" 커뮤니티를 환영합니다. Piekary Śląskie의 성모 성지를 순례하는 여성들과 소녀들을 생각하며 폴란드인들에게 인사드립니다.

I greet the young people from the “Tucum” Project who today are beginning a Via Lucis through Italian railway stations to meet with people who live on the margins to bring them the hope of the Gospel. I greet all of you and I wish you all a good Sunday. Please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci.

저는 이탈리아 기차역을 통한 Via Lucis를 오늘 시작하는 “Tucum" 프로젝트의 젊은이들에게 인사드립니다. 그들은 가난한 사람들을 만나 그들에게 복음의 희망을 전합니다. 그리고 광장에 모인 모든 분들께 인사드리며 복된 주일 보내시길 바랍니다. 저를 위한 기도를 잊지 말아주시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.