영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.07.30)

최고관리자
2023.09.09 19:00 609 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, Sunday 30 July 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today the Gospel tells the parable of a merchant in search of precious gemstones, who, Jesus says, “on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it” (Mt 13:46). Let us pause a little on the actions of this merchant, who first seeks, then finds and finally buys.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제17주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 7월 30일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음은 귀한 보석을 찾는 상인의 비유를 들려줍니다. 예수님께서 “그는 값진 진주를 하나 발견하자, 가서 가진 것을 모두 처분하여 그것을 샀다.” (마태 13,46) 라고 말씀하십니다. 이 상인의 행동 즉 먼저 찾고, 찾은 다음 마침내 구입하는 행동에 대해 잠시 생각해봅시다.

This man’s first action: to seek. He is an enterprising merchant, who does not stand still, but leaves his house and sets out in search of precious pearls. He does not say: “I am satisfied with the ones I have”; he looks for more beautiful ones. And this is an invitation for us not to close ourselves up in habit, in the mediocrity of those who are complacent, but to revive desire: to revive the desire, so that the desire to seek, to go on, is not extinguished; to cultivate dreams of good, to seek the newness of the Lord, because the Lord is not repetitive, He always brings newness, the newness of the Spirit; He always makes the realities of life new (cf. Rev 21:5). And we must have this attitude: to seek.

첫 째는 찾는 행동입니다. 그는 가만히 있지 않고 집을 떠나 값진 진주를 찾아 나서는 진취적인 상인입니다. 그는 "내가 가진 것으로 만족합니다."라고 말하지 않습니다. 그는 더 아름다운 것을 찾습니다. 그리고 이것은 우리 자신에 대한 초대입니다. 안주하는 사람들의 평범함 속의 습관에 자신을 가두지 말고 욕망을 되살리라는 초대입니다. 욕망을 되살려서 찾고자 하는 욕망, 앞으로 나아가고자 하는 욕망이 꺼지지 않게 하는 것입니다. 선한 꿈을 키우고 주님의 새로움을 찾는 것입니다. 주님께서는 반복적이지 않으시기 때문입니다. 주님께서는 항상 새로움을 성령의 새로움을 가져오십니다. 그분은 항상 삶의 현실을 새롭게 만드십니다. (묵시록 21,5 참조) 우리도 이 태도를 즉 찾는 태도를 가져야 합니다.

The merchant’s second action is to find. He is a shrewd person who “has a keen eye” and knows how to recognize a pearl of great value. This is not easy. Let us think, for example, of the fascinating oriental bazaars, where the stalls, full of goods, are crowded along the walls of streets full of people; or of some of the stalls one sees in many cities, full of books and various objects. Sometimes in these markets, if one stops to look closely, one can discover treasures: precious things, rare volumes that, mixed in with everything else, one does not notice at first glance. But the merchant in the parable has a sharp eye and knows how to find, he knows how to “discern” to find the pearl. This too is a teaching for us: every day, at home, on the street, at work, on holiday, we have the possibility of discerning good. And it is important to know how to find what counts: to train ourselves to recognize the precious gems of life and to distinguish them from junk. Let us not waste time and freedom on trivial things, pastimes that leave us empty inside, while life offers us every day the precious pearl of the encounter with God and with others! It is necessary to know how to recognize it: to discern in order to find it.

상인의 두 번째 행동은 발견하는 것입니다. 그는 “눈이 예리”하고 값진 진주를 알아볼 줄 아는 슬기로운 사람입니다. 이것은 쉽지 않습니다. 예를 들어, 사람들로 붐비는 거리의 벽을 따라 상품으로 가득 찬 가판대가 즐비한 매혹적인 동양의 시장을 또는 많은 도시에서 볼 수 있는 책과 다양한 물건들로 가득 찬 가판대들을 생각해봅시다. 가끔 이런 시장에서 멈춰서 자세히 살펴보면 보물을 발견할 수 있습니다. 언뜻 보면 알아차릴 수 없는 귀중하고 희귀한 물건이 여러 물건 속에 섞여있습니다. 그러나 비유에 나오는 상인은 예리한 눈으로 찾는 방법을 알고 있고, 진주를 찾기 위해 "분별"하는 방법을 알고 있습니다. 이것은 또한 우리에게 가르침이 됩니다. 매일, 집에서, 거리에서, 직장에서, 휴일에 우리는 선을 분별할 가능성을 가지고 있습니다. 그리고 중요한 것을 찾는 방법을 아는 것, 삶의 귀중한 보석을 알아차리고 쓰레기에서 보석을 구별하기 위해 스스로 훈련하는 것은 중요합니다. 삶이 우리에게 매일 하느님과 다른 이들과의 만남이라는 값진 진주를 제공하는 동안, 우리 내면을 공허하게 만드는 소소한 일과 오락에 시간과 자유를 낭비하지 맙시다. 그것을 인식하는 방법을 알아야 합니다. 그것을 찾기 위해 식별할 줄 알아야 합니다.

And the merchant’s last action: he buys the pearl. Realizing its immense value, he sells everything, he sacrifices all his goods just to have it. He radically changes the inventory of his warehouse; there is no longer anything other than that pearl: it is his only wealth, the meaning of his present and his future. This too is an invitation for us. But what is this pearl for which one can renounce everything, the one of which the Lord speaks to us? This pearl is Him: it is the Lord! Seeking the Lord and finding the Lord, encountering the Lord, living with the Lord. The pearl is Jesus: He is the precious pearl of life, to be sought, found and made one’s own. It is worth investing everything in Him because, when one encounters Christ, life changes like this, doesn’t it? Your life … you meet Christ and in this way your life changes.

그리고 상인의 마지막 행동으로 그는 진주를 삽니다. 그 엄청난 가치를 깨달은 그는 모든 것을 팔고 그것을 얻기 위해 모든 것을 희생합니다. 그는 창고의 재고를 근본적으로 바꿉니다. 그 진주 외에는 더 이상 아무것도 없습니다. 그것은 그의 유일한 재산이며 그의 현재와 미래의 의미입니다. 이것 또한 우리를 위한 초대입니다. 그러나 이 진주는, 그것 때문에 모든 것을 포기할 수 있는, 그것에 대해 주님께서 우리에게 말씀하시는 이 진주는 무엇입니까? 이 진주는 그분입니다. 주님이십니다! 주님을 찾는 것, 주님을 발견하는 것, 주님을 만나는 것, 주님과 함께 사는 것입니다. 진주는 예수님입니다. 그분은 찾고, 발견하고, 자신의 주님으로 모셔야 할 삶의 값진 진주입니다. 그분께 모든 것을 투자할 가치가 있습니다. 왜냐하면 그리스도를 만날 때 삶은 이와 같이 변화하기 때문입니다. 그렇지 않습니까? 당신의 삶이,,,,당신이 그리스도를 만나면 이렇게 당신의 삶이 바뀝니다.

Let us then resume the merchant’s three actions: seeking, finding and buying – and ask ourselves some questions. Seeking: am I searching, in my life? Do I feel fine, accomplished, am I satisfied, or do I exercise my desire for good? Am I in spiritual retirement? How many young people are in retirement! The second action, finding: do I practise discerning what is good and comes from God, knowing how to renounce what leaves me with little or nothing? Finally, buying: do I know how to spend myself for Jesus? Is He in first place for me, is He the greatest good in life? It would be nice to say to Him today: “Jesus, You are my greatest good”. Each one of you in your heart, say now: “Jesus, you are my greatest good”.

이제 상인의 세 행동 즉 찾기, 발견하기, 그리고 구매하기로 돌아가서 우리 자신에게 몇 가지 질문을 합시다. 첫째 찾기: 나의 삶에서 나는 찾고 있습니까? 나는 괜찮다고, 성취했다고 느낍니까? 나는 만족해합니까? 아니면 선을 향한 욕망이 작동하고 있습니까? 나는 영적으로 은퇴한 상태입니까? 얼마나 많은 젊은이들이 은퇴 상태입니까? 둘째 발견하기: 나는 무엇이 선한지, 무엇이 하느님으로부터 오는지 식별하고 내게 거의 또는 아무것도 남기지 않는 것을 포기할 줄 압니까? 마지막으로 구매하기: 나는 예수님을 위해 모든 것을 할 수 있습니까? 나의 삶에 그분이 첫째 자리에 계십니까? 그분이 삶의 가장 큰 선이십니까? 오늘 그분께 “예수님, 당신은 저의 가장 큰 선이십니다.”라고 말씀드리면 얼마나 좋을까요! 여러분 모두 마음속으로 말해보실까요? 자! “예수님, 당신은 저의 가장 큰 선이십니다.”

May Mary help us to seek, find and embrace Jesus with all of ourselves.

성모 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 찾고, 발견하고, 예수님을 온 힘을 다하여 포옹하게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! Today we observe two World Days declared by the UN: International Friendship Day and the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons. The first promotes friendship between peoples and cultures; the second combats the crime that turns people into commodities. Trafficking is a terrible reality, affecting too many people: children, women, workers..., so many exploited people; all living in inhuman conditions and suffering indifference and rejection by society. There is so much trafficking in the world today. God bless those who work to fight against trafficking.

삼종기도 후에
친애하는 형제자매 여러분! 오늘 우리는 유엔이 선포한 세계 친선의 날과 세계 인신매매 반대의 날을 기념합니다. 첫 번째는 민족과 문화 간의 우정을 증진합니다. 두 번째는 사람을 상품화하는 범죄와 싸웁니다. 인신매매는 너무나 많은 사람들, 어린이, 여성, 노동자... 수많은 착
취당하는 사람들에게 영향을 미치는 끔찍한 현실입니다. 모두가 비인간적인 환경에서 살아가며 사회의 무관심과 배척으로 고통 받고 있습니다. 오늘날 세상에는 인신매매가 너무 많습니다. 하느님, 인신매매에 맞서 싸우는 사람들을 축복해주소서!

Let us not cease to pray for beleaguered Ukraine, where the war is destroying everything, even grain. This is a grave offense to God, because grain is His gift to feed humanity; and the cry of millions of brothers and sisters who suffer hunger rises to Heaven. I appeal to my brothers, the authorities of the Russian Federation, that the Black Sea Initiative may be restored and grain may be transported safely.

전쟁이 모든 것을 심지어 곡물까지 파괴하는 사면초가의 우크라이나를 위해 기도하는 것을 멈추지 맙시다. 곡식은 인류를 위한 하느님의 선물이기 때문에 이것은 하느님께 대한 중대한 범죄입니다. 굶주린 수백만 형제자매들의 부르짖음이 하늘에 닿습니다. 저는 흑해 곡물 이니셔티브가 회복되고 곡물이 안전하게 운송될 수 있도록 저의 형제들 러시아 연방 당국에 호소합니다.

The coming 4 August will mark three years since the devastating explosion in the port of Beirut. I renew my prayer for the victims and their families, who are seeking truth and justice, and I hope that Lebanon’s complex crisis may find a solution worthy of the history and values of that people. Let us not forget that Lebanon is also a message.

다가오는 8월 4일은 베이루트 항구에서 엄청난 폭발이 발생한 지 3년이 되는 날입니다. 진실과 정의를 찾는 희생자들과 유가족들을 위해 다시 한 번 기도하며, 레바논의 복잡한 위기가 그 민족의 역사와 가치에 걸맞은 해법을 찾길 바랍니다. 레바논도 메시지임을 잊지 맙시다.

I ask you to accompany me with prayer in my journey to Portugal, which will begin next Wednesday, on the occasion of World Youth Day. A great many young people, from all continents, will experience the joy of the encounter with God and with their brothers and sisters, guided by the Virgin Mary, who after the annunciation “arose and went with haste” (Lk 1:39). I entrust the World Youth Day pilgrims and all young people of the world to Her, shining star of the Christian path.

세계청년대회를 맞아 다음 주 수요일부터 시작되는 저의 포르투갈 여정에 여러분이 기도로 동행해주시를 부탁드립니다. 모든 대륙의 많은 젊은이들이 예수님의 탄생 예고 후에 “길을 떠나, 서둘러 가신” (루카 1,39) 동정 마리아의 인도를 받아 하느님과 형제자매들과의 만남의 기쁨을 경험할 것입니다. 저는 세계청년대회 순례자들과 세상의 모든 젊은이들을 크리스천 여정의 빛나는 별이신 성모님께 의탁합니다.

And now I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and many countries. In particular, I greet the choir of children from Veliko Tarnovo, in Bulgaria, and the group of young Mexicans, as well as the teenagers from Biadene and Caonada. And I greet the young people of the Immacolata.

이제 저는 로마인들과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 특히 불가리아 벨리코 타르노보 어린이 합창단과 멕시코 청년 그룹, 비아데네와 카오나다의 청소년들에게 인사를 전합니다. 그리고 Immacolata의 젊은이들에게 인사합니다.

And I wish you all a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

그리고 여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.