영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.07.23)

최고관리자
2023.07.29 17:28 645 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, Sunday 23 July 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today’s Gospel offers us the parable of the wheat and the weeds (cf. Mt 13:24-43).

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제16주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 7월 23일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 오늘 복음은 우리에게 밀과 가라지의 비유를 제시합니다. (마태 13,24-43 참조)

A farmer, who has sown good seed in his field, discovers that an enemy by night has sown darnel in it, a plant that looks very similar to wheat, but is a weed. In this way, Jesus talks about our world, which in effect is like a large field, where God sows wheat and the evil one sows darnel, and therefore good and bad grow together. Good and bad grow together. We see this from the news, in society, and even in the family and in the Church. And when, along with the good wheat, we see bad weeds, we want to tear them up immediately, to make a “clean sweep”. But today the Lord warns us that to do this is a temptation: one cannot create a perfect world, and one cannot do good by hastily destroying what is bad, because this has even worse effects: one ends up, as we say, “throwing the baby away with the bathwater”.

자기 밭에 좋은 씨를 뿌린 농부는 밤에 원수가 그 안에 밀과 매우 비슷해 보이지만 잡초인 가라지를 뿌린 것을 발견합니다. 이런 식으로 예수님은 하느님께서 밀을 뿌리시고 악마가 가라지를 뿌려서 결국 선과 악이 함께 자라는 넓은 밭과 같은 세상에 대해 말씀하십니다. 선과 악은 함께 자랍니다. 우리는 이것을 뉴스에서, 사회에서, 심지어 가족과 교회에서도 봅니다. 우리가 좋은 밀과 함께 자라는 나쁜 잡초를 볼 때 즉시 “깨끗이 씻어버리기” 위해 잡초를 뽑아버리고 싶어 합니다. 그러나 오늘 주님께서 우리에게 그렇게 하는 것은 유혹이라고 경고하십니다. 사람은 완벽한 세상을 만들 수 없고 나쁜 것을 서둘러 파괴함으로써 선을 행할 수 없습니다. 더 나쁜 결과를 가져오기 때문입니다. 결국 우리가 흔히 말하는 “목욕물과 함께 아기를 버리게” 됩니다.

There is, however, a second field where we can clean up: it is the field of our heart, the only one where we can intervene directly. There, too, there is wheat and darnel; indeed, it is precisely from there that both of them expand into the great field of the world. Brothers and sisters, our heart, in fact, is the field of freedom: it is not a sterile laboratory, but rather an open and therefore vulnerable space. To cultivate it properly, it is necessary on the one hand to take constant care of the delicate shoots of goodness, and on the other, to identify and uproot the weeds, at the right moment. So let us look within and examine what happens a little, what is growing in me, what grows in me that is good and evil. There is a good method for this: it is the examination of conscience, which is seeing what happened today in my life, what struck my heart and which decisions I made. And this serves precisely to verify, in the light of God, where the bad weeds and the good seed are.

그러나 우리가 청소할 수 있는 두 번째 밭이 있습니다. 그것은 우리가 직접 개입할 수 있는 유일한 우리 마음의 밭입니다. 거기에도 밀과 가라지가 있습니다. 바로 그곳으로부터 밀과 가라지가 세상의 큰 밭으로 확장됩니다. 형제자매 여러분, 사실 우리 마음은 자유의 밭입니다. 그곳은 메마른 실험실이 아니고 오히려 개방된 그래서 취약한 공간입니다. 그 밭을 적절히 가꾸기 위해서 한 편으로 밀의 섬세한 싹을 지속적으로 돌봐야 하고 다른 한 편으로 가라지를 찾아내서 적절한 시기에 뽑아버려야 합니다. 그러니 내면을 들여다보고 무엇이 일어나고 있는지 잠깐 살펴봅시다. 내 안에 무엇이 자라고 있는지, 내 안에 무슨 선이 자라고 무슨 악이 자라고 있는지 살펴봅시다. 이를 위한 좋은 방법이 있습니다. 그것은 양심의 성찰입니다. 오늘 내 삶에 무엇이 일어났는지 보는 것입니다. 무엇이 내 마음에 울림을 주었는지 어떤 결정들을 내렸는지 보는 것입니다. 이것은 하느님의 빛 안에서 어디에 나쁜 잡초가 있고 어디에 좋은 씨앗이 있는지 정확히 밝혀줍니다.

After the field of the world, and the field of the heart, there is a third field. We can call it the neighbour’s field. They are the people we associate with every day, and whom we often judge. How easy it is to recognize their weeds, how we like to “flay” others! And how difficult it is, instead, to know how to see the good grain that is growing! Let us remember, though, that if we want to cultivate the fields of life, it is important to seek first and foremost the work of God: to learn to see the beauty of what the Lord has sown, the sun-kissed wheat with its golden ears, in others, in the world and in ourselves. Brothers and sisters, let us ask for the grace to be able to see it in ourselves, but also in others, starting from those close to us. It is not a naïve perspective; it is a believing one, because God, the farmer of the great field of the world, loves to see goodness and to make it grow to make the harvest a feast!

세상의 밭과 마음의 밭 다음에 세 번째 밭이 있습니다. 우리는 그것을 이웃의 밭이라고 부를 수 있습니다. 그들은 우리가 매일 함께 어울리고 우리가 자주 판단하는 사람들입니다. 그들의 잡초를 알아보는 것은 얼마나 쉬운지요! 우리는 다른 사람들을 혹평하는 것을 얼마나 좋아하는지요! 반면에 그들 안에 좋은 밀이 자라고 있는 것을 볼 줄 아는 것이 얼마나 어려운지요!  그러나 우리가 생명의 밭을 가꾸기를 원한다면 무엇보다도 가장 먼저 하느님의 일을 찾는 것이 중요하다는 것을 기억합시다. 주님께서 이웃의 밭에, 세상의 밭에, 그리고 우리의 밭에 심으신 것의 아름다움을 보는 법을 배우는 것입니다. 이를테면 황금빛 이삭을 뽐내며 태양과 키스하는 밀의 아름다움을 볼 줄 아는 것입니다. 형제자매 여러분, 우리 안에, 그리고 또한 가장 가까운 사람을 시작으로 이웃 안에 그것을 볼 수 있는 은총을 청합시다. 그것은 순진한 관점이 아니고 믿음입니다. 세상의 큰 밭의 농부이신 하느님께서 선함을 보시고, 그것을 자라게 하시고, 수확을 축제로 만드시길 좋아하시기 때문입니다.

So today too, we can ask ourselves some questions. Thinking of the field of the world: do I know how to resist the temptation to “bundle all the grass together”, to sweep others aside with my judgments? Then, thinking of the field of the heart: am I honest in seeking out the bad weeds in myself, and decisive in throwing them into the fire of God’s mercy? And, thinking of the neighbour’s field: do I have the wisdom to see what is good without being discouraged by the limitations and limits of others?

그래서 오늘도 우리는 몇 가지 자문할 수 있습니다. 세상의 밭을 생각하며, 나는 내 판단대로 “모든 풀을 한데 묶어” 쓸어버리려는 유혹에 저항할 줄 압니까? 그 다음에 마음의 밭을 생각하며, 나는 정직하게 내 자신 안의 나쁜 잡초를 찾아서 단호히 그것들을 하느님 자비의 불 속에 던집니까? 그리고 이웃의 밭을 생각하며 이웃의 한계와 약점에 절망하지 않고 좋은 것을 보는 지혜를 가지고 있습니까?

May the Virgin Mary help us to cultivate patiently what the Lord sows in the field of life, in my field, in the neighbour’s, in everyone’s field.

동정 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 삶의 밭에 즉 나의 밭, 이웃의 밭, 그리고 모든 사람의 밭에 주님께서 심으신 것들을 끊기 있게 가꾸게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! Today, while many young people are preparing to depart for World Youth Day, we celebrate the World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly. This is why I have next to me a young person and a grandmother: grandson and grandmother. A round of applause to both of them! May the proximity of the two Days be an invitation to promote an alliance between the generations, in the sharing of experiences and reciprocal care between the young and the elderly. Let us not forget them. And let us applaud all the grandfathers and grandmothers! Louder!

삼종기도 후에
친애하는 형제자매 여러분! 많은 젊은이들이 세계청년대회를 향해 떠날 준비를 하고 있는 오늘, 우리는 세계 조부모와 노인의 날을 기념합니다. 그래서 제 옆에 젊은이와 할머니 즉 손자와 할머니가 있습니다. 자~ 이 두 사람에게 박수를! 세계 청년의 날과 조부모와 노인의 날이 가까이 있는 것이 세대 간의 연대와 젊은이와 노인 사이의 경험의 공유와 상호 보살핌의 촉진을 위한 초대가 되기를 바랍니다. 그들을 잊지 맙시다. 모든 할아버지와 할머니들에게 큰 환호를 보냅시다!

Here, and in many countries, we are experiencing extreme climatic events: on the one hand, various regions are affected by anomalous heatwaves and struck by devastating fires; on the other, in a number of places there are storms and floods, like those that have swept across South Korea in recent days. I am close to those who suffer and those who are assisting the victims and the displaced. And please, I reiterate my appeal to the leaders of Nations, that something more tangible be done to limit polluting emissions: it is an urgent challenge and cannot be postponed; it affects everyone. Let us protect our common home!

이곳과 많은 국가에서 우리는 극심한 기후 현상을 경험하고 있습니다. 한편으로는 다양한 지역이 비정상적인 폭염의 영향을 받고 파괴적인 화재에 시달립니다. 다른 한편으로는 최근 며칠간 남한 전역을 휩쓸었던 것과 같은 폭풍과 홍수가 여러 곳에서 발생합니다. 저는 고통 받는 사람들과 피해자와 실향민을 돕는 사람들과 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 그리고 오염 배출을 제한하기 위해 보다 실질적인 조치를 취할 것을 국가 지도자들에게 다시 한 번 호소합니다. 이는 시급한 과제이며 지연시킬 수 없습니다. 그것은 모두에게 영향을 미칩니다. 우리의 공동의 집을 보호합시다!

And now I would like to draw attention to the ordeal that continues to unfold for migrants in the northern part of Africa. Thousands of them, amid unspeakable suffering, have been trapped and abandoned in desert areas for weeks. I appeal in particular to European and African heads of State to provide urgent relief and aid to these brothers and sisters. Let the Mediterranean no longer be a theatre of death and inhumanity. May the Lord enlighten the minds and hearts of all, inspiring sentiments of fraternity, solidarity and hospitality. And let us continue to pray for peace, especially for dear Ukraine, which continues to suffer death and destruction, as unfortunately occurred last night in Odessa.

그리고 이제 저는 아프리카 북부 지역에서 이민자들에게 계속해서 펼쳐지고 있는 시련에 주목하고 싶습니다. 그들 중 수천 명이 몇 주 동안 사막 지역에 갇히고 버려져서 형언할 수 없는 고통을 당하고 있습니다. 저는 특히 유럽과 아프리카 국가 원수들에게 이 형제자매들에게 긴급 구호와 원조를 제공할 것을 호소합니다. 지중해가 더 이상 죽음과 비인간성의 무대가 되지 않도록 합시다. 주님, 모든 이들의 정신과 마음을 밝혀주시고, 형제애와 연대와 환대의 감정을 불러일으켜 주소서! 그리고 평화를 위해서 지속적으로 기도합시다. 특별히 어제 밤 오데사에서 불행하게도 발생한 것처럼, 계속해서 죽음과 파괴를 겪고 있는 사랑하는 우크라이나를 위해 기도합시다.

I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and many countries, in particular those from Brazil, Poland, Uruguay… there are many of you! Also, the students from Buenos Aires and the faithful of the diocese of Legnica, Poland. I also greet the “Quarant’anni dopo” cycling tour group from Cogorno, participants in the “Pedalar pela Paz”, and the children received by several communities in Lazio.

저는 로마인과 이탈리아와 여러 나라, 특히 브라질, 폴란드, 우루과이에서 온 순례자 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 많은 분들이 오셨습니다! 또한 부에노스아이레스에서 온 학생들과 폴란드 레그니차 교구의 신자들. 또한 Cogorno의 "Quarant'anni dopo" 자전거 투어 그룹, "Pedalar pela Paz" 참가자, 그리고 Lazio의 여러 커뮤니티에 온 어린이들을 맞이합니다.

I wish you all a good Sunday, and please, do not forget to pray for me. And let us also pray for this grandmother, this grandson, and for all grandparents and for all grandchildren. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 행복한 주일 보내시기 바라며 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 그리고 이 할머니, 이 손자, 그리고 모든 조부모님과 손자들을 위해 기도합시다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다!

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.