영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.06.25)

최고관리자
2023.06.29 12:04 591 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, Sunday 25 June 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, Buongiorno, Good Sunday! In today’s Gospel, Jesus repeats to his disciples three different times: “have no fear” (Mt 10:26, 28, 31). Shortly prior to this, he had spoken to them about the persecutions they would have to undergo for the Gospel, a fact that is still a reality. Since its beginning, in fact, the Church has experienced, together with joys – of which she has had many – many persecutions. It seems paradoxical: the proclamation of the Kingdom of God is a message of peace and justice, founded on fraternal charity and on forgiveness; and yet it meets with opposition, violence, persecution. Jesus, however, says not to fear, not because everything will be all right in the world, no, but because we are precious to his Father and nothing that is good will be lost. He therefore tells us not to let fear block us, but rather to fear one other thing, only one. What is the thing Jesus tells us we should fear?

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 성령강림대축일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 6월 25일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까! 행복한 주일입니다. 오늘 복음에서 예수님께서는 제자들에게 “두려워하지 마라.” (마태 10,26, 28, 31) 라는 말씀을 세 번 반복하십니다. 그 직전에 예수님께서는 제자들에게 지금도 여전히 일어나고 있는 현실 즉, 복음을 위해 겪어야 할 박해에 대해서 말씀하셨습니다. 사실 교회는 처음부터 많은 기쁨과 함께 많은 박해를 겪었습니다. 역설적으로 들립니다. 하느님 나라의 선포는 형제애적인 자선과 용서에 기초한 평화와 정의의 메시지입니다. 그러나 그것은 반대, 폭력, 박해에 직면합니다. 그러나 예수님은 두려워하지 말라고 말씀하십니다. 세상의 모든 것이 잘 될 것이기 때문이 아니고, 우리가 그분의 아버지께 소중한 존재이고, 좋은 것은 하나도 잃지 않을 것이기 때문입니다. 그러므로 예수님께서는 우리에게 두려움 때문에 멈추지 말고 다만 다른 한 가지 오직 한 가지만 두려워하라고 말씀하십니다. 예수님께서 우리에게 두려워하라고 말씀하신 것은 무엇일까요?

We discover what it is through an image Jesus uses today: the image of “Gehenna” (cf. v. 28). The valley of “Gehenna” was a place the inhabitants of Jerusalem knew well. It was the city’s large garbage dump. Jesus speaks about it in order to say that the true fear we should have, is that of throwing away one’s own life. Jesus says, “Yes, be afraid of that”. It was like saying: you do not need so much to be afraid of suffering misunderstanding and criticism, of losing prestige and economic advantages to remain faithful to the Gospel, no, but of wasting your existence in the pursuit of trivial things that do not fill life with meaning.

우리는 오늘 예수님께서 사용하시는 이미지 즉 “게헤나” (참조, 28 절) 의 이미지를 통해 그것이 무엇인지 알 수 있습니다. “게헤나” 골짜기는 예루살렘에 사는 사람들이 잘 아는 곳으로서 그 도시의 가장 큰 쓰레기 처리장이었습니다. 예수님은 우리가 마땅히 가져야 할 두려움은 자신의 목숨을 버리는 것이라고 말씀하시기 위해 그것에 대해 말씀하십니다. 예수님은 “그래, 그것을 두려워하여라.”라고 말씀하십니다. 너희는 오해와 비판 때문에 고통을 당하는 것, 복음에 충실하기 위해서 명예와 경제적 이익을 잃는 것을 두려워하지 말고, 삶에 아무 의미도 남기지 못하는 사소한 일을 추구하느라고 너희의 존재를 낭비하는 것을 두려워하라고 말씀하시는 것 같습니다.

This is important for us today. Even today, in fact, some are ridiculed or discriminated against for not following certain fads, which, however, place second-rate realities at the centre – for example, to follow after things instead of people, achievement instead of relationships. Let us give an example: I am thinking of some parents who need to work to maintain their family, but who cannot live for work alone – they need enough time to be with their children. I am also thinking of a priest or a sister who need to dedicate themselves to their service, without, however, forgetting to dedicate time to be with Jesus, otherwise, they will fall into spiritual worldliness and lose the sense of who they are. And again, I am thinking of a young man or woman who have thousands of commitments and passions – school, sports, various interests, cell phones and social networks – but who need to meet people and achieve great dreams, without losing time on passing things that do not leave their mark.

이것은 오늘날 우리에게 중요합니다. 사실 오늘날에도 일부 사람들은 특정 유행을 따르지 않는다는 이유로 조롱을 받거나 차별을 받고 있습니다. 그러나 그런 유행은 2 류의 실체를 중심에 놓게 합니다. 예를 들어서, 사람대신에 물질을 따르고 관계대신에 성취를 따르게 합니다.  예를 들어보겠습니다. 가족을 위해 일해야 하는 부모들은 일만 할 수 없고 자녀들과 함께 하는 충분한 시간을 가져야 합니다. 저는 또한 예수님과 함께 하는 시간을 갖는 것을 잊지 않고 그들의 봉사에 헌신하는 사제와 수도자들을 생각합니다. 그렇지 않으면 그들은 영적인 세속화에 떨어지고 그들의 정체성을 잃게 될 것입니다. 그리고 청년들을 생각합니다. 그들은 학교, 스포츠, 다양한 관심사, 핸드폰, 사회 네트워크 등 수많은 일과 열정을 갖고 있습니다. 그러나 그들은 아무 흔적도 남기지 않는 지나가는 일에 시간을 낭비하지 말고, 사람들을 만나고, 큰 꿈을 성취해야 합니다.

All of this, brothers and sisters, requires some renunciation regarding the idols of efficiency and consumerism. But this is necessary so as not to get lost in things that end up getting thrown out, as they threw things out in Gehenna back then. And people often end up in today’s Gehenna’s, instead. Let’s think, of the last ones being treated like waste products and unwanted objects. There is a cost to remain faithful to what counts. The cost is going against the tide, the cost is freeing oneself from being conditioned by popular opinion, the cost is being separated from those who “follow the current”. But it does not matter, Jesus says. What matters is not to throw away the greatest good: life. This is the only thing that should frighten us.

형제자매 여러분, 이 모든 것은 효율성과 소비주의의 우상에 대한 어느 정도의 포기가 필요합니다. 이것은 당시에 그들이 게헤나에 쓰레기를 버렸던 것처럼 버려지는 것들 가운데 길을 잃지 않기 위해 필요합니다. 그런데 사람들은 종종 오늘날의 게헤나에 도착합니다. 최종적으로 폐기물이나 원치 않는 물건처럼 취급받는 것들을 생각해봅시다. 중요한 것에 충실하기 위한 대가가 있습니다. 그 대가는 흐름을 거스르고, 그 대가는 대중의 의견에 의해서 속박되는 것으로부터 자유롭게 하고, 그리고 그 대가는 “유행을 따르는” 사람들과 분리되는 것입니다. 그러나 그것은 중요하지 않다고 예수님은 말씀하십니다. 중요한 것은 가장 중요한 것 즉 생명을 버리지 않는 것입니다. 이것이 우리를 두렵게 하는 유일한 것입니다.

So let us ask ourselves: I, what do I fear? Not having what I like? Not reaching the goals society imposes? The judgement of others? Or rather of not pleasing the Lord, and not putting his Gospel in first place? Mary, ever Virgin, Mother most Wise, help us to be wise and courageous in the choices we make.

그러니 스스로에게 물어봅시다. 나는 무엇을 두려워하는가? 내가 좋아하는 것을 갖지 않은 것? 사회가 지어주는 목표에 도달하지 못하는 것? 다른 사람들의 판단? 아니면 주님을 기쁘게 하지 않고 그분의 복음을 첫 째 자리에 두지 않는 것입니까? 가장 지혜로우신 어머니, 동정 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 현명하고 용기 있는 선택을 하게 하소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters, I was very saddened by what happened a few days ago in the women’s Penitentiary Centre of Támara in Honduras. Terrible violence between rival gangs caused death and suffering. I pray for the deceased; I pray for their families. May the Virgin of Suyapa, Mother of Honduras, help hearts to open themselves to reconciliation and to create space for fraternal co-existence, even within prisons.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 며칠 전 온두라스 타마라의 여성 교도소에서 일어난 일로 인해 매우 슬펐습니다. 라이벌 갱단 간의 끔찍한 폭력은 죽음과 고통을 초래했습니다. 죽은 사람들과 그들의 가족들을 위해 기도합니다. 온두라스의 어머니이신 수야파의 동정녀께서 화해에 마음을 열고 감옥 안에도 형제적 공존의 공간을 마련해주시길 빕니다.

In these days, the 40th anniversary of the disappearance of Emanuela Orlandi occurred. I wish to take advantage of this occasion to express once again my closeness to the members of her family, especially her mother, and assure them of my prayers. I extend a remembrance to all families who bear the sorrow of a dear one who has disappeared.

Emanuela Orlandi의 실종 40주기인 요즈음, 저는 이 기회를 빌어 그녀의 가족들, 특히 그녀의 어머니에게 저의 친밀함을 다시 한 번 표현하고 그들에게 나의 기도를 약속하고 싶습니다. 실종된 사랑하는 사람에 대한 슬픔을 안고 있는 모든 가족들에게 추모의 뜻을 전합니다.

I greet all of you, pilgrims from Rome, from Italy and various countries, in particular, to the faithful from Bogotá, Colombia. I greet the Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order from Pisa; the children from Gubbio, Perugia and Spoleto; the group from Limbadi who are celebrating the young Leo; those participating in the motorcycle pilgrimage from Cesena and Longiano; and the Radio Maria volunteers who, with the huge banner, invite “everyone under the mantle” of the Virgin Mary, to implore the gift of peace from God. And we ask this especially for the suffering Ukrainian people.

로마, 이탈리아, 그리고 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분 모두에게, 특히 콜롬비아 보고타의 신자들에게 인사드립니다. 저는 피사에서 온 재속프란치스코회 형제회를 환영합니다. Gubbio, Perugia 및 Spoleto의 어린이들, 젊은 레오를 축하하는 Limbadi의 그룹; Cesena와 Longiano에서 오토바이 순례에 참여하는 사람들; 거대한 깃발을 들고 성모 마리아의 “외투 아래 있는 모든 사람”을 초대하여 하느님의 평화의 선물을 간청하는 라디오 마리아 자원봉사자들. 그리고 우리는 특히 고통 받는 우크라이나 국민을 위해 하느님의 평화의 선물을 청합니다.

I wish all of you a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 행복한 주일 보내시고, 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다!

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.