영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.02.26)

최고관리자
2023.03.04 13:55 466 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, First Sunday of Lent, Saint Peter's Square. Sunday, 26 February 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel of this first Sunday of Lent presents to us Jesus in the desert, tempted by the devil (cf. Mt 4:1-11). “Devil” means “divider”. The devil always wants to create division, and it is what he sets out to do by tempting Jesus. Let us see, then, from whom he wants to divide him, and how he tempts him.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 사순 제1주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 2월 26일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 이번 사순 첫 주일의 복음은 광야에서 악마에게 유혹을 받으신 예수님을 우리에게 보여줍니다. (마태오 4,1-11 참조). "악마"는 "분열을 일으키는 자"를 의미합니다. 악마는 항상 분열을 일으키고 싶어 하며, 예수님을 유혹함으로써 그것을 시작하려고 합니다. 그러면 그가 예수님을 누구와 분열시키길 원하고 어떻게 유혹하는지 봅시다.

From whom does the devil want to divide Jesus? After receiving Baptism from John in the Jordan, Jesus was called by the Father “my beloved Son” (Mt 3:17), and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in the form of a dove (cf. v. 16). The Gospel thus presents us the three divine Persons joined in love. Then Jesus himself will say that he came into the world to make us, too, partake in the unity between him and the Father (cf. Jn 17:11). The devil, instead, does the opposite: he enters the scene to divide Jesus from the Father and to distract him from his mission of unity for us. He always divides.

악마는 누구와 예수님을 분열시키기를 원합니까? 요르단 강에서 세례자 요한으로부터 세례를 받으신 후에 예수님은 아버지로부터 “내 사랑하는 아들”이라고 불리셨고 (마태오 3,17) 성령이 비둘기 모양으로 그분에게 내려오셨습니다. (16절 참조) 이렇게 복음은 사랑으로 결합된 성 삼위를 우리에게 보여줍니다. 그러고 나서 예수님은 우리도 당신과 아버지의 일치에 참여하게 하시려고 세상에 오셨다고 말씀하십니다. (요한 17,11 참조) 한편 악마는 정 반대로 행동합니다. 악마는 예수님과 아버지를 분열시키고 우리를 위한 예수님의 일치사명을 방해하기 위해서 무대에 뛰어듭니다. 악마는 항상 분열을 일으킵니다.

Let us now see how he tries to do it. The devil wants to take advantage of the human condition of Jesus, who is weak as he has fasted for forty days and is hungry (cf. Mt 4:2). The evil one then tries to instil in him three powerful “poisons”, to paralyse his mission of unity. These poisons are attachment, mistrust, and power. First and foremost, the poison of attachment to material goods, to needs; with persuasive arguments the devil tries to convince Jesus: “You are hungry, why must you fast? Listen to your need and satisfy it, you have the right and the power: transform the stones into bread”. Then the second poison, mistrust: “Are you sure the Father wants what is good for you? Test him, blackmail him! Throw yourself down from the highest point of the temple and make him do what you want”.

이제 악마가 어떻게 그것을 시도하는지 봅시다. 악마는 40일 동안 단식하여 굶주려서 약해진 예수님의 인간적 조건을 이용하려고 합니다. 그런 다음 악마는 그분에게 세 가지 강력한 "독"을 주입하여 그분의 일치의 사명을 마비시키려고 합니다. 그 세 가지의 독은 집착, 불신, 그리고 권력입니다. 첫 번째 가장 중요한 것이 물질적 재화와 욕구에 대한 집착의 독입니다. 악마는 설득력 있는 주장을 하며 예수님을 설득하려고 합니다. “당신이 배고픈데 왜 단식해야 합니까? 당신의 욕구에 귀 기울이고 만족시키십시오. 당신은 권리와 능력이 있습니다. 이 돌들에게 빵이 되라고 해 보십시오.” 두 번째 독은 불신입니다. “당신에게 좋은 것을 아버지가 원하시는 것이 확실합니까? 그분을 시험하고 협박하세요! 성전 꼭대기에서 뛰어내려 아버지가 당신이 원하는 것을 하시도록 하십시오.”

Finally, power: “You have no need for your Father! Why wait for his gifts? Follow the criteria of the world, take everything for yourself, and you will be powerful!”. The three temptations of Jesus. And we too live among these temptations, always. It is terrible, but that is just how it is, for us too: attachment to material things, mistrust and the thirst for power are three widespread and dangerous temptations, which the devil uses to divide us from the Father and to make us no longer feel like brothers and sisters among ourselves, to lead us to solitude and desperation. He wanted to do this to Jesus, he wants to do it to us: to lead us to desperation.

마지막 세 번째는 권력입니다. “당신은 당신의 아버지가 필요 없습니다. 그분의 선물을 왜 기다립니까? 세상의 기준을 따르십시오. 모든 것을 자신을 위해 취하십시오. 그러면 당신은 강해질 것입니다!” 예수님의 세 가지 유혹, 우리도 항상 이러한 유혹 속에 살고 있습니다. 그것은 끔찍하지만 우리에게도 바로 그렇습니다. 물질적 재화에 대한 집착, 불신, 그리고 권력에 대한 갈증은 세 가지의 널리 퍼져있고 위험한 유혹입니다. 이 유혹들을 이용하여 악마는 우리를 아버지와 분열시키고, 우리 자신을 더 이상 형제자매로 느낄 수 없게 만들고, 우리를 고독과 절망으로 이끕니다. 악마는 이것을 예수님께 하고 싶어 했고 그것을 우리에게 하고 싶어 합니다. 우리를 절망으로 이끌고 싶어 합니다.

But Jesus defeats the temptations. And how does he defeat them? By avoiding discussion with the devil and answering with the Word of God. This is important: you cannot argue with the devil, you cannot converse with the devil! Jesus confronts him with the Word of God. He quotes three phrases from the Scripture that speak of freedom from goods (cf. Dt 8:3), trust (cf. Dt 6:16), and service to God (cf. Dt 6:13), three phrases that are opposed to temptation. He never enters into dialogue with the devil, he does not negotiate with him, but he repels his insinuations with the beneficent Words of the Scripture. It is an invitation to us too; one cannot defeat him by negotiating with him, he is stronger than us. We defeat the devil by countering him in faith with the divine Word. In this way, Jesus teaches us to defend unity with God and among ourselves from the attacks of the divider. The divine Word that is Jesus’ answer to the temptation of the devil.

그러나 예수님은 유혹을 물리치십니다. 그러면 그분은 어떻게 유혹을 물리치십니까? 악마와의 토론을 피하심으로써 그리고 하느님의 말씀으로 답변하심으로써 물리치십니다. 이것은 중요합니다. 악마와 논쟁할 수 없고 악마와 대화할 수 없습니다! 예수님은 하느님의 말씀으로 악마에 대응하십니다. 예수님은 성경에서 재화로부터의 자유, (신명기 8,3 참조) 믿음, (신명기 6,16 참조) 그리고 하느님께 대한 봉사, (신명기 6,13 참조)에 대한 세 구절을 인용하십니다. 유혹에 반대되는 세 구절입니다. 그분은 악마와 절대로 대화를 나누지 않으시고, 악마와 협상을 하지 않으십니다. 그러나 예수님은 성경의 유익한 말씀으로 악마의 암시를 물리치십니다. 그것은 우리에게 보내는 초대이기도 합니다. 아무도 악마와 협상하여 악마를 이길 수 없습니다. 악마는 우리보다 강합니다. 우리는 하느님 말씀에 대한 믿음으로 대적함으로써 악마를 물리칩니다. 이런 식으로 예수님은 분열자의 공격으로부터 하느님과의 일치와 우리자신들의 일치를 방어하는 방법을 가르치십니다. 하느님의 말씀은 악마의 유혹에 대한 예수님의 대답입니다.

And we ask ourselves: what place does the Word of God have in my life? Do I turn to it in my spiritual struggles? If I have a vice or a recurrent temptation, why do I not obtain help by seeking out a verse of the Word of God that responds to that vice? Then, when temptation comes, I recite it, I pray it, trusting in the grace of Christ. Let us try, it will help us in temptation, it will help us a great deal, so that, amid the voices that stir within us, the beneficent one of the Word of God will resound. May Mary, who welcomed the Word of God and with her humility defeated the pride of the divider, accompany us in the spiritual struggle of Lent.

그리고 우리는 스스로에게 묻습니다. 하느님의 말씀이 내 삶에서 어느 위치를 차지하고 있습니까? 나는 영적 투쟁에서 하느님 말씀에 의존합니까? 나에게 악덕이나 반복되는 유혹이 있다면 그 악덕에 대응하는 하느님 말씀 구절을 찾아서 도움을 받지 않습니까? 그런 다음 유혹을 느낄 때 그리스도의 은총에 대한 믿음을 가지고 그 구절을 외우고, 그 구절을 기도합니다. 우리 모두 그것을 시도해봅시다. 유혹이 있을 때 도움이 될 것입니다. 큰 도움이 될 것입니다. 그러면 우리 안의 흔들리는 목소리 가운데 도움이 되는 하느님의 말씀이 울려 퍼질 것입니다. 하느님 말씀을 받아들이시고 당신의 겸손으로 분열자의 교만을 물리치신 성모 마리아여, 사순시기의 영적 투쟁에 저희와 동해하여 주소서!

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters, Distressing news continues to arrive from the Holy Land: many people killed, even children… How can this spiral of violence be stopped? I renew my appeal to make dialogue prevail over hatred and vengeance, and I pray to God for the Palestinians and Israelis, that they may find the path to fraternity and peace, with the help of the international community.

삼종 기도 후
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 성지에서 계속해서 고통스러운 소식이 전해지고 있습니다. 많은 사람이 죽었습니다. 어린이까지.... 이 폭력의 악순환을 어떻게 멈출 수 있을까요? 저는 대화가 증오와 복수를 이기도록 하라고 다시 호소하며, 팔레스타인과 이스라엘이 국제 사회의 도움으로 형제애와 평화의 길을 찾을 수 있도록 하느님께 기도합니다.

I am also very concerned about the situation in Burkina Faso, where terrorist attacks continue. I invite you to pray for the people of that dear country, so that the violence they have suffered does not make them lose faith in the path of democracy, justice and peace.

테러 공격이 계속되는 부르키나파소의 상황도 매우 우려됩니다. 그 사랑하는 나라의 국민들이 겪은 폭력으로 인해 민주주의와 정의와 평화의 길에 대한 믿음을 잃지 않도록 기도해 주시기 바랍니다.

This morning I learned with sorrow of the shipwreck off the Calabrian coast, near Crotone. Forty dead have already been recovered, including many children. I pray for each one of them, for the missing and for the other surviving migrants. I thank those who have brought relief and those who are providing shelter. May Our Lady sustain these brothers and sisters of ours. And let us not forget the tragedy of the war in Ukraine; the war has already continued for a year. And let us not forget the suffering of the Syrian and Turkish people due to the earthquake.

오늘 아침 저는 Crotone 근처의 Calabrian 해안에서 일어난 난파선에 대한 슬픈 소식을 들었습니다. 많은 어린이를 포함하여 40명의 시신이 수습되었습니다. 저는 그들 한 사람 한 사람, 실종된 사람들, 그리고 살아남은 다른 난민들을 위해 기도합니다. 도움을 주신 분들과 피난처를 제공해주신 분들께 감사드립니다. 성모님께서 우리의 이 형제자매들을 붙들어 주시기를 바랍니다. 그리고 우크라이나 전쟁의 비극을 잊지 맙시다. 전쟁은 이미 1년 동안 계속되었습니다. 그리고 지진으로 인한 시리아와 터키 국민의 고통을 잊지 맙시다.

I address my greeting to all of you who have come from Italy and from other countries. I greet the pilgrims from Spain, Portugal, Mexico and Croatia. I greet the faithful of Palermo, Montelepre, Termini Imerese and Riese Pio X; the students of the Interregional Seminary of Campania in Naples; teenagers from various parishes of the diocese of Milan; the young candidates for Confirmation from Cavaion and Sega, Verona; the group from Limbadi and the children about to receive their First Communion, from Sant’Aurea in Ostia Antica.

저는 이탈리아와 다른 나라에서 온 여러분 모두에게 인사를 전합니다. 스페인, 포르투갈, 멕시코, 크로아티아에서 온 순례자들에게 인사드립니다. 팔레르모, 몬텔레프레, 테르미니 이메레세, 리제 피오 10대의 어린 신자들을 환영합니다. 나폴리에 있는 캄파니아 지역 신학교 학생들; 밀라노 교구의 여러 교구에서 온 청소년들; Cavaion과 Sega, Verona의 젊은 견진 후보자들; Ostia Antica의 Sant'Aurea에서 첫 영성체를 받으려는 Limbadi 그룹과 어린이들을 환영합니다.

I welcome the Italian Organ Donors’ Association, which is celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of its founding: I thank you for your commitment to social solidarity, and I urge you to continue to promote life through the donation of organs. A special greeting goes to those who have come on the occasion of World Rare Diseases Day, which will take place the day after tomorrow; I reiterate my encouragement to the Associations of the sick and their relatives; may our closeness never be lacking, especially to children, to let them feel God’s love and tenderness.

창립 50주년을 맞이한 이탈리아장기기증자협회를 환영합니다. 사회적 연대에 대한 여러분의 헌신에 감사드리며, 장기기증을 통한 생명의 증진을 계속 부탁드립니다. 내일 모레 열리는 세계 희귀질환의 날을 맞아 찾아주신 분들께 특별한 인사를 드립니다. 저는 병자 협회와 그 친척들에게 다시 한 번 격려의 말씀을 드립니다. 특히 어린이들이 하느님의 사랑과 다정함을 느낄 수 있도록 그들에 대한 우리의 친밀함이 결코 부족하지 않기를 바랍니다.

And I wish you all a happy Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal, and arrivederci!

그리고 모두 행복한 주일 보내시고, 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시고, 점심식사 맛있게 드시길 바랍니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.