영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님이 삼종기도 강론(2023.02.19)

최고관리자
2023.03.04 13:54 419 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square. Sunday, 19 February 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The words Jesus addresses to us in this Sunday’s Gospel are demanding, and seem paradoxical: he invites us to turn the other cheek and to love even our enemies (cf. Mt 5:38-48). It is normal for us to love those who love us, and to be friends of those who are friends to us; yet Jesus provokes us by saying: if you act in this way, “what more are you doing than others?” (v. 47). What more are you doing? Here is the point to which I would like to draw your attention today, to what you do that is extraordinary.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제 7주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 2월 19일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 이번 주일 복음에서 예수님께서 우리에게 하신 말씀은 부담스럽고 역설적인 것 같습니다. 그분은 우리에게 다른 쪽 뺨을 내밀고 원수까지도 사랑하라고 초대하십니다, (마태 5,38-48 참조) 우리가 우리를 사랑하는 사람들을 사랑하고 우리에게 친구인 사람들의 친구가 되는 것은 정상적인 일입니다. 그러나 예수님께서는 다음과 같이 말씀하시며 우리를 당황스럽게 하십니다. “그리고 너희가 자기 형제들에게만 인사한다면, 너희가 남보다 잘하는 것이 무엇이겠느냐?” (47절) 무엇을 더 잘합니까? 오늘 제가 여러분의 주의를 끌고 싶은 점은 비범한 일을 여러분이 한다는 것입니다.

“More”, “extraordinary”, is what goes beyond the limits of the usual, what exceeds the habitual practices and normal calculations dictated by prudence. Instead, in general we try to have everything more or less in order and under control, so as to correspond to our expectations, to our measure: fearing not to be reciprocated or to expose ourselves too much and then be disappointed, we prefer to love only those who love us in order to avoid disappointments, to do good only to those who are good to us, to be generous only to those who can return a favour; and to those who treat us badly, we respond in kind, so that we are even. But the Lord warns us: this is not enough! We would say: this is not Christian! If we remain in the ordinary, in the balance between giving and receiving, things do not change. If God were to follow this logic, we would have no hope of salvation! But, fortunately for us, God’s love is always “extraordinary”, it goes beyond the usual criteria by which we humans live out our relationships.

"더", "비범함"은 일상의 한계를 넘어서는 것이고, 신중하게 행하는 습관적인 관행과 정상적인 계산을 넘어서는 것입니다. 대신, 일반적으로 우리는 우리의 기대와 기준에 부합하도록 모든 것을 어느 정도 정돈하고 통제하려고 합니다. 준대로 보답을 받는 것 또는 우리 자신을 너무 노출시켜서 오히려 실망하는 것이 두려워서, 우리는, 실망을 피하기 위해서, 우리를 사랑하는 사람들만 사랑하고, 우리에게 선을 행하는 사람들에게만 선을 행하고, 호의를 갚을 수 있는 사람에게만 관대하게 대하기를 좋아합니다. 그리고 우리를 막 대하는 사람들에게는 우리도 비슷하게 대함으로써 서로 공평하게 됩니다. 그러나 주님께서 이것은 중분하지 않다고 우리에게 경고하십니다. 우리는 이것은 크리스천답지 않다고 알아듣습니다. 우리가 평범함 안에 머문다면, 주는 것과 받는 것의 균형 안에 머문다면, 아무것도 변하지 않습니다. 하느님께서 이런 논리를 따르신다면 우리는 구원의 희망이 없을 것입니다. 그러나 다행스럽게도 하느님의 사랑은 항상 “비범하고” 우리 인간이 우리의 관계를 맺을 때 사용하는 일반적인 기준을 뛰어넘습니다.

Jesus’ words challenge us, then. While we try to remain within the ordinary of utilitarian reasoning, he asks us to open ourselves up to the extraordinary, to the extraordinary of a freely-given love; while we always try to balance the books, Christ encourages us to live the unbalance of love. Jesus is not a good book-keeper, no! He always leads us to the imbalance of love. We should not be surprised at this. If God had not “unbalanced” himself, we would never have been saved: it was the imbalance of the cross that saved us! Jesus would not have come to seek us out when we were lost and distant; he would not have loved us up to the end, he would not have embraced the cross for us, who did not deserve all this and could not give him anything in return.

이제 예수님의 말씀은 우리가 도전해야 할 과제입니다. 우리가 실용적인 이유에 근거한 평범함 안에 머물려고 애쓰는 동안에 예수님은 우리가 비범함 즉 무상으로 주시는 사랑의 비범함에 자신을 열라고 하십니다. 우리가 항상 회계장부의 수익과 지출의 균형을 잡으려고 노력하는 동안 그리스도께서는 우리가 사랑의 불균형을 실천하라고 용기를 주십니다. 예수님은 회계장부를 잘 관리하는 분이 아니십니다. 아니십니다! 그분은 항상 우리를 사랑의 불균형으로 이끄십니다. 우리는 이것에 놀라지 말아야 합니다. 하느님께서 자신을 “불균형”하게 하지 않으셨다면 우리는 결코 구원받지 못했을 것입니다. 우리를 구원한 것은 십자가의 불균형이었습니다! 예수님께서 우리가 길을 잃고 멀리 있을 때 우리를 찾으러 오지 않으셨을 것입니다. 이 모든 것을 받을 자격이 없고 그분께 아무것도 보답할 수 없는 우리를 끝까지 사랑하지 않으셨을 것이고 우리를 위해서 십자가를 지지 않으셨을 것입니다.

As the Apostle Paul writes, “One will hardly die for a righteous – though perhaps for a good man one will dare even to die. But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us” (Rm 5:7-8). So, God loves us while we are sinners, not because we are good or able to give something back to him. Brothers and sisters, God's love is a love always in excess, always beyond calculation, always disproportionate. And today he also asks us to live in this way, because only in this way will we truly bear witness to him.

사도 바오로는 이렇게 썼습니다. “의로운 이를 위해서라도 죽을 사람은 거의 없습니다. 혹시 착한 사람을 위해서라면 누가 죽겠다고 나설지도 모릅니다. 그런데 우리가 아직 죄인이었을 때에 그리스도께서 우리를 위하여 돌아가심으로써, 하느님께서는 우리에 대한 당신의 사랑을 증명해 주셨습니다.” (로마서 5,7-8) 그러므로 하느님은 우리가 죄인일 때 우리를 사랑하십니다. 우리가 선하거나 그분께 무언가를 돌려드릴 수 있기 때문이 아닙니다. 형제자매 여러분, 하느님의 사랑은 언제나 넘치고, 항상 계산을 넘어서고, 항상 불균형입니다. 오늘 그분은 우리도 이렇게 살라고 하십니다. 이렇게 살아야만 우리가 진정으로 그분을 증거할 수 있기 때문입니다.

Brothers and sisters, the Lord invites us to step out of the logic of self-interest and not to measure love on the scales of calculations and convenience. He invites us not to respond to evil with evil, to dare to do good, to risk in the gift, even if we receive little or nothing in return. For it is this love that slowly transforms conflicts, shortens distances, overcomes enmities and heals the wounds of hatred. And so, we can ask ourselves, each one of us: do I, in my life, follow the logic of recompense, or that of gratuitousness, as God does? The extraordinary love of Christ is not easy, but it is possible; it is possible because He Himself helps us by giving us His Spirit, His love without measure.

형제자매 여러분, 주님은 우리에게 이기심의 논리에서 벗어나고, 계산과 편리함의 저울로 사랑을 측정하지 말라고 초대하십니다. 그분은 우리에게 악을 악으로 대응하지 말고, 감히 선을 행하고, 우리가 보답을 거의 또는 전혀 받지 못하더라도 선물을 주는 위험을 무릅쓰라고 초대하십니다. 갈등을 서서히 변화시키고, 거리를 좁히고, 적대감을 극복하고, 증오의 상처를 치유하는 것이 바로 이 사랑이기 때문입니다. 그래서 우리는 우리 각자에게 이렇게 자문할 수 있습니다. 나는 내 삶에서 보상의 논리를 따르는가, 아니면 하느님께서 하시듯이 무상의 논리를 따르는가? 그리스도의 비범한 사랑은 쉽지 않지만 가능합니다. 그것은 그분 자신이 그분의 성령을 우리에게 보내주심으로써 우리를 도우시기 때문에 가능합니다. 측정할 수 없는 그분의 사랑을 주십니다.

Let us pray to Our Lady, who by answering “yes” to God without calculation, allowed him to make her the masterpiece of his Grace.

계산하지 않고 “예”라고 대답함으로써 하느님께 자신을 당신 은총의 걸작으로 만드시도록 맡기신 성모님께 기도합시다. (삼종 기도)

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters, Jesus’ love asks us to let ourselves be touched by the situations of those who are in difficulty. I think especially of Syria and Turkey, of the very many victims of the earthquake, but also of the daily tragedies of the dear Ukrainian people and the many populations who suffer as a result of war or because of poverty, the lack of freedom or environmental devastation: many peoples… In this regard, I am close to the people of New Zealand, struck in recent days by a devastating cyclone. Brothers and sisters, let us not forget those who suffer, and let our charity be attentive, let it be real charity!

삼종기도 후
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 예수님의 사랑은 어려움에 처한 사람들의 상황을 보는 우리자신의 마음을 움직이게 합니다. 저는 특히 시리아와 터키, 수많은 지진의 희생자들을 생각합니다. 또한 사랑하는 우크라이나 국민과 전쟁이나 빈곤, 자유의 결핍, 환경의 황폐화로부터 고통을 당하는 많은 사람들의 매일의 비극을 생각합니다. 같은 맥락으로, 저는 최근 엄청난 싸이클론의 피해를 입은 뉴질랜드 국민들과 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 형제자매 여러분, 고통을 당하는 사람들을 잊지 맙시다. 우리의 사랑이 주의를 기울이고 진정한 사랑이 되게 합시다!

I address my greeting to you all, from Italy and other countries. I greet the pilgrims from Oviedo, Spain, and the students of Vila Pouca de Aguair in Portugal.
Then, I greet the groups of Catholic Action from Rimini and Saccolongo; the faithful of Lentiai, Turin and Bolzano; candidates for confirmation from Valvasone and Almenno San Salvatore; the teenagers and young people of Tricesimo, Leno, Chiuppano and Fino Mornasco; the altar servers from Arcene and the students of the Saint Ambrose School of Milan. I wish you all a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci.

이탈리아와 다른 나라에서 온 여러분 모두에게 인사를 전합니다. 스페인 오비에도의 순례자들과 포르투갈 빌라 푸카 데 아과이르의 학생들에게 인사드립니다. 그리고 리미니와 사콜롱고의 가톨릭 행동 단체들에게 인사를 드립니다. Lentiai, Turin 및 Bolzano의 신자들; Valvasone 및 Almenno San Salvatore의 견진후보들; Tricesimo, Leno, Chiuppano 및 Fino Mornasco의 청소년 및 젊은이들; Arcene의 제단 봉사자들과 Saint Ambrose School of Milan의 학생들. 모두 즐거운 주일 보내시고, 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 맛있는 점심 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.