영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.01.29)

최고관리자
2023.02.01 11:00 419 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Fourth Sunday of Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square. Sunday, 29 January 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! In today’s liturgy, the Beatitudes according to the Gospel of Matthew are proclaimed (cf. Mt 5:1-12). The first is fundamental. This is what it says: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (v. 3).

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제 4주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2023년 1월 29일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례에서는 마태오 복음에 따른 참 행복이 선포됩니다. (마태 5,1-12 참조) 첫 번째가 근본입니다. “영이 가난한 사람은 복이 있나니, 천국이 그들의 것이다.” (3절)

Who are the “poor in spirit”? They are the ones who know they cannot rely on themselves, that they are not self-sufficient, and they live as “beggars before God”. They feel their need for God and recognize every good comes from him as a gift, as a grace. Those who are poor in spirit treasure what they receive. Therefore, they desire that no gift should go to waste. Today, I would like to pause on this typical aspect of the poor in spirit: not to waste. The poor in spirit try not to waste anything. Jesus shows us the importance of not wasting. For example, after the multiplication of the loaves and the fish, he asks that the leftover food be gathered so that nothing would be wasted (cf. Jn 6:12). Not wasting allows us to appreciate the value of ourselves, of people and of things. Unfortunately, however, this is a principle that is often disregarded, above all in more affluent societies where the culture of waste, the throw-away culture is predominant. Both are a plague. So, I would like to propose to you three challenges against the waste mentality, the throw-away mentality.

“영이 가난한 사람”은 누구입니까? 그들은 자신에게 의존할 수 없고, 자급자족할 수 없다는 것을 아는 사람들이며 그들은 “하느님 앞의 걸인들”로 삽니다. 그들은 하느님이 필요하다는 것을 느끼고, 모든 선이 하느님으로부터 선물로, 은총으로 오는 것을 인식합니다. 영이 가난한 사람들은 그들이 받는 것을 소중하게 여깁니다. 그러므로 그들은 어떤 선물도 낭비되면 안 된다고 생각합니다. 오늘 저는 영이 가난한 사람들의 이 전형적인 관점 즉 낭비하지 않는 것에 대해 잠시 생각하고 싶습니다. 영이 가난한 사람들은 어떤 것도 낭비하지 않으려고 합니다. 예수님께서 낭비하지 않는 것의 중요성을 우리에게 보여주십니다. 예를 들어, 오병이어의 기적 후에 남은 음식을 모두 모으라고 하셔서 아무것도 낭비되지 않도록 하셨습니다. (요한 6,12 참조) 낭비하지 않으면 우리는 우리자신과 사람들 그리고 사물의 가치를 중요하게 생각하게 됩니다. 그러나 불행하게도 이것은 종종 무시되는 원칙입니다. 무엇보다도 낭비 문화, 버리는 문화가 지배적인 보다 풍요로운 사회에서 그렇습니다. 낭비문화와 버리는 문화 둘 다 전염병입니다. 그래서 저는 여러분에게 낭비 심리, 버리기 심리에 저항하는 세 가지 과제를 제안하고자 합니다.

The first challenge: not to waste the gift that we are. Each one of us is a good, independent of the gifts we have. Every woman, every man, is rich not only in talents, but in dignity. He or she is loved by God, is valuable, is precious. Jesus reminds us that we are blessed not for what we have, but for who we are. And when a person lets go and throws him or herself away, he or she wastes themselves. Let us struggle, with God’s help, against the temptations of believing ourselves inadequate, wrong, and to feel sorry for ourselves.

첫 번째 과제: 선물인 있는 그대로의 우리자신을 낭비하지 않는 것입니다. 우리 각자는 우리가 가진 은사에 관계없이 선입니다. 모든 여성, 모든 남성은 재능뿐 아니라 존엄성도 풍부합니다. 그들 각자는 하느님께서 사랑하시고, 가치 있고, 소중합니다. 우리가 가진 무엇 때문이 아니고 있는 그대로 우리가 누구라는 것 때문에 축복을 받는다고 예수님께서 우리에게 환기시키십니다. 어떤 사람이 자신을 보내고 자신을 버릴 때 그 사람은 자신을 낭비합니다. 하느님의 도우심으로 우리 모두 우리자신이 부적절하고 나쁘고 불쌍하다고 믿는 유혹에 맞서 투쟁합시다.

Then, the second challenge: not to waste the gifts we have. It is a fact that about one-third of total food production goes to waste in the world each year, while so many die of hunger! Nature’s resources cannot be used like this. Goods should be taken care of and shared in such a way that no one lack what is necessary. Rather than waste what we have, let us disseminate an ecology of justice and charity, of sharing!

다음으로 두 번째 과제는 우리가 가지고 있는 선물을 낭비하지 않는 것입니다. 수많은 사람들이 굶어죽는 상황에 매년 전 세계 식량 생산량의 약 3분의 1이 낭비되는 것이 현실입니다. 자연 자원이 이렇게 사용되면 안 됩니다. 물품을 잘 관리하고 공유하여 아무도 필요한 것이 부족하지 않도록 해야 합니다. 우리가 가진 것을 낭비하기보다는 정의와 자선, 공유의 생태학을 전파합시다!

Lastly, the third challenge: not to throw people away. The throw-away culture says, “I use you in as much as I need you. When I am not interested in you anymore, or you are in my way, I throw you out”. It is especially the weakest who are treated this way – unborn children, the elderly, the needy and the disadvantaged. But people are never to be thrown out, the disadvantaged cannot be thrown away! Every person is a sacred gift, each person is a unique gift, no matter what their age or condition. Let us always respect and promote life! Let’s not throw life away!

마지막으로 세 번째 과제는 사람을 버리지 않는 것입니다. 버리는 문화는 이렇게 얘기합니다. “나는 당신을 필요로 하는 만큼만 당신을 사용합니다. 내가 더 이상 당신에게 관심이 없거나 당신이 방해가 될 때 나는 당신을 버립니다.” 이러한 대우를 받는 것은 특히 가장 약한 사람들입니다. 태아, 노인, 궁핍한 사람들, 불우한 사람들입니다. 그러나 사람은 결코 버려질 수 없으며, 소외된 사람도 버려질 수 없습니다! 모든 사람은 성스러운 선물이며, 각각의 사람은 나이나 조건에 관계없이 고유한 선물입니다. 항상 생명을 존중하고 장려합시다! 생명을 버리지 맙시다.

Dear brothers and sisters, let us ask ourselves some questions. Above all: How do I live poverty of spirit? Do I know how to make room for God? Do I believe that he is my good, my true and great wealth? Do I believe that he loves me, or do I throw myself away in sadness, forgetting that I am a gift? And then – Am I careful not to waste? Am I responsible about how I use things, goods? Am I willing to share things with other, or am I selfish? Lastly: Do I consider the weakest as precious gifts whom God asks me to care for? Do I remember the poor, those who are deprived of what is necessary?

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 우리 자신에게 몇 가지 질문을 해 봅시다. 무엇보다도: 나는 영의 가난을 어떻게 삽니까? 나는 하느님을 위한 자리를 마련할 줄 압니까? 나는 하느님께서 나의 선, 나의 참되고 위대한 부(富)라고 믿습니까? 하느님께서 나를 사랑하신다고 믿습니까? 아니면 내가 선물이라는 사실을 잊고 슬픔에 젖어 내 자신을 버립니까? 다음으로 - 나는 낭비하지 않도록 주의합니까? 내가 물건, 상품을 어떻게 사용하는가에 대해 책임을 지고 있습니까? 나는 기꺼이 다른 사람과 물건을 공유합니까, 아니면 이기적입니까? 마지막으로, 나는 가장 약한 사람들을 하느님께서 나에게 돌보라고 하신 귀한 선물로 생각합니까? 나는 필요한 것을 박탈당한 가난한 사람들을 기억합니까?

May Mary, the Woman of the Beatitudes, help us witness the joy that life is a gift and the beauty of making a gift of ourselves.

참 행복의 여인이신 성모님, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 생명은 선물이라는 기쁨과 우리자신을 선물로 만드는 아름다움을 증거 하게 하소서!

Greeting of the Holy Father after the Angelus
Dear brothers and Sisters! It is with great sorrow that I learn of the news arriving from the Holy Land, in particular of the death of ten Palestinians, among whom is a woman, killed during Israeli military anti-terrorist action in Palestine; and of what happened near Jerusalem on Friday evening when seven Israeli Jews were killed by a Palestinian and three others were wounded as they were leaving the synagogue. The spiral of death that increases day after day does nothing other than close the few glimpses of trust that exist between the two peoples. From the beginning of the year, dozens of Palestinians have been killed during firefights with the Israeli army. I appeal to the two governments and to the international community so that, immediately and without delay, other paths might be found that include dialogue and a sincere search for peace. Brothers and sisters, let us pray for this.

삼종기도 후의 인사말씀
친애하는 형제자매 여러분! 성지에서 온 소식, 특히 팔레스타인에서 이스라엘의 대테러 작전 중에 살해된 여성을 포함해 10명의 팔레스타인인이 사망했다는 소식 그리고 금요일 저녁에 예루살렘 근처에서 이스라엘 유대인이 회당을 나설 때 팔레스타인 사람에 의해 7명이 살해되고 3명이 부상당했다는 소식을 듣고 슬픕니다. 나날이 증가하는 죽음의 소용돌이는 두 백성 사이에 존재하는 몇 안 되는 신뢰를 닫는 것 외에는 아무 것도 하지 않습니다. 연초부터 팔레스타인인 수십 명이 이스라엘군과 총격전을 벌이다 숨졌습니다. 양국 정부와 국제 공동체에게 즉각적으로 그리고 지체 없이 대화와 진정한 평화 추구를 포함하는 다른 길을 찾을 수 있도록 호소합니다. 형제자매 여러분, 이를 위해 기도합시다.

I renew my appeal regarding the serious humanitarian situation in the Lachin Corridor, in the South Caucasus. I am near to all those who, in the dead of winter, are forced to cope with these inhumane conditions. Every effort must be made on the international level to find peaceful solutions for the good of the people.

저는 남 코카서스 라친 회랑의 심각한 인도주의적 상황에 대해 다시 한 번 호소합니다. 저는 한겨울에 이러한 비인간적인 조건에 대처해야 하는 모든 사람들과 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 국민의 이익을 위한 평화적 해결책을 찾기 위해 국제적 차원에서 모든 노력을 기울여야 합니다.

Today is the 70th World Leprosy Day. Unfortunately, the stigma associated with this disease continues to cause serious violations of human rights in various parts of the world. I express my closeness to those who suffer from it and I encourage the commitment toward the complete integration of these brothers and sisters.

오늘은 제70회 세계 나병의 날입니다. 불행하게도 이 질병과 관련된 낙인은 세계 여러 곳에서 계속해서 심각한 인권 침해를 야기하고 있습니다. 나는 이 병으로 고통 받는 사람들에게 가까이 있음을 표현하고 이 형제 자매들의 완전한 통합을 향한 헌신을 격려합니다.

I extend my greetings to all of you who have come from Italy and from other countries. I greet the group of Quinceañeras from Panama and the students from Badajoz, Spagna. I greet the pilgrims from Moiano and Monteleone di Orvieto, those from Acqui Terme and the boys and girls of the Agesci Cercola Primo Group.

이탈리아와 다른 나라에서 온 여러분 모두에게 인사드립니다. 저는 파나마에서 온 Quinceañeras 그룹과 Spagna의 Badajoz에서 온 학생들에게 인사를 전합니다. 저는 Moiano와 Monteleone di Orvieto의 순례자들, Acqui Terme의 순례자들과 Agesci Cercola Primo Group의 소년 소녀들을 맞이합니다.

And now I greet with great affection the boys and girls from Catholic Action from the Diocese of Rome! You have come on the “Peace Caravan”. I thank you for this initiative which is so precious this year because, thinking of the war-torn Ukraine, our commitment and our prayer for peace must be even more strong. Let us think of Ukraine and pray for the Ukrainian people, who are so badly treated. Let us listen now to the message that your friends here beside me will read to us.

그리고 이제 저는 로마 교구 가톨릭 행동의 소년 소녀들에게 큰 애정을 가지고 인사드립니다! 여러분은 "평화 캐러밴"으로 왔습니다. 전쟁으로 폐허가 된 우크라이나를 생각할 때 평화를 위한 우리의 다짐과 기도가 더욱 강해져야 하기 때문에 올해의 매우 귀중한 이 계획에 감사드립니다. 우크라이나를 생각하고 혹독한 대우를 받는 우크라이나 국민을 위해 기도합시다. 여기 제 옆에 있는 여러분의 친구들이 우리에게 읽어 줄 메시지에 귀를 기울입시다.

[Announcement of the Apostolic Journey to Africa]
Dear brothers and sisters, in two days I will depart on an Apostolic Journey to the Democratic Republic of the Congo and to the Republic of South Sudan. I thank the civil authorities and the local bishops for their invitations and for the preparations they have made for these visits, and I greet with affection those beloved peoples who await me.

아프리카 사도적 순방 발표
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 이틀 후에 콩고민주공화국과 남수단 공화국으로 사도적 순방을 떠납니다. 저는 정부 당국과 지역 주교들의 초대와 방문을 위한 준비에 대해 감사하며, 저를 기다리고 있는 사랑하는 백성들에게 애정 어린 인사를 전합니다.

These lands, situated in the centre of the great African continent, have suffered greatly from lengthy conflicts. The Democratic Republic of the Congo, especially in the east of the country, suffers from armed clashes and exploitation. South Sudan, wracked by years of war, longs for an end to the constant violence that forces many people to be displaced and to live in conditions of great hardship. In South Sudan, I will arrive together with the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. Together, as brothers, we will make an ecumenical pilgrimage of peace, to entreat God and men to bring an end to the hostilities and for reconciliation.

거대한 아프리카 대륙의 중앙에 위치한 이 나라들은 오랜 전쟁으로 인해 많은 고통을 겪었습니다. 콩고민주공화국, 특히 이 나라의 동부지역은 무력충돌과 착취로 고통 받고 있습니다. 수년간의 전쟁으로 고통 받는 남 수단은 많은 사람들을 피난민으로 만들고 큰 고난 속에서 살도록 강요하는 끊임없는 폭력이 종식을 간절히 바라고 있습니다. 저는 캔터베리 대주교와 스코틀랜드 교회 총회장과 함께 남 수단에 도착합니다. 형제로서 우리는 평화를 위한 교회일치  순례를 함께 할 것이며, 적대 행위의 종식과 화해를 위해 하느님과 인간에게 간청할 것입니다.

I ask everyone, please, to accompany this Journey with their prayers. And I wish everyone a good Sunday. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci!

무든 분들이 이 여정에 기도로 동행해주시기 바랍니다. 그리고 여러분 모두, 복된 주일 보내시고 저를 위한 기도 잊지 말아 주시기 바랍니다. 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.