영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2023.01.08)

최고관리자
2023.01.26 12:05 374 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, FEAST OF THE BAPTISM OF THE LORD, Saint Peter's Square. Sunday, 8 January 2023

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today we celebrate the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, and the Gospel presents us with an astonishing scene: it is the first time that Jesus appears in public after his hidden birth in Nazareth; he arrives on the bank of the River Jordan to be baptized by John (Mt 3:13-17). It is a rite by which the people repented and committed to converting; a liturgical hymn says that the people went to be baptized “bare of soul and barefoot” – an open, naked soul, without covering anything – that is, with humility and with a transparent heart. But, seeing Jesus mingling with the sinners, we are surprised and ask ourselves: why did Jesus make that choice? He, the Saint of God, the Son of God without sin, why did he make that choice? We find the answer in Jesus’ words to John: “Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfil all righteousness” (v. 15). Fulfil all righteousness: what does it mean?

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 주님 세례 대축일, 성 베드로 광장, 주일, 2023년 1월 8일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 우리는 주님의 세례 축일을 기념하고, 복음은 우리에게 놀라운 장면을 보여줍니다. 예수님께서 나사렛에서의  숨겨진 탄생 이후에 처음으로 공개적으로 나타나십니다. 예수님께서 요한에게 세례를 받기 위해 요르단 강둑에 도착하십니다. (마태오 3,13-17) 그 세례는 백성들이 참회하고 회개하기로 결심한 의식입니다. 한 전례 성가는 사람들이 “맨 영혼과 맨발로” 세례를 받으러 갔다고 말합니다. - 아무것도 가리지 않고 열리고 벌거벗은 영혼으로 - 즉 겸손과 투명한 마음으로 세례를 받으러 갔습니다. 그러나 예수님께서 죄인들과 어울리시는 것을 볼 때 우리는 놀라움을 금치 못하고 이렇게 자문합니다. “왜 예수님은 그런 선택을 하셨을까? 하느님의 성인, 죄 없는 하느님의 아들인 그분이 왜 그런 선택을 하셨는가? 우리는 그 질문에 대한 답을 예수님께서 요한에게 하신 말씀에서 찾을 수 있습니다. “지금은 이대로 하십시오. 우리는 이렇게 해서 마땅히 모든 의로움을 이루어야 합니다.” (15절) 의로움을 이룬다. 이것은 무엇을 뜻합니까?

By having himself baptized, Jesus reveals God’s justice, that justice He came to bring into the world. Very often we have a limited idea of justice, and think that it means: those who do wrong pay, and in this way compensate for the wrong they have done. But God’s justice, as the Scripture teaches, is much greater: it does not have as its end the condemnation of the guilty, but their salvation and rebirth, making them righteous: from unjust to just. It is a justice that comes from love, from the depths of compassion and mercy that are the very heart of God, the Father who is moved when we are oppressed by evil and fall under the weight of sins and fragility.

예수님은 자신이 세례를 받음으로써 하느님의 정의, 자신이 세상에 가져오려고 오신 그 정의를 드러내십니다. 매우 자주 우리는 정의에 대한 제한된 개념을 가지고 있으며 정의의 의미는 다음과 같다고 생각합니다. 잘못한 사람이 대가를 지불하고 이런 식으로 자신이 한 잘못을 보상하는 것입니다. 그러나 성경이 가르치는 바와 같이 하느님의 정의는 훨씬 더 큽니다. 정의의 목적이 죄인을 정죄하는 것이 아니고 그들의 구원과 재탄생이며 그들을 의로운 사람으로 만드는 것입니다. 불의에서 의로움으로 만드는 것입니다. 그것은 사랑으로부터 오는 정의, 바로 하느님의 마음인 깊은 연민과 자비로부터 오는 정의입니다. 하느님은 아버지이시며 그 아버지는 우리가 악의 압제를 받을 때, 죄와 연약함의 무게에 눌려 쓰러질 때에 상심하십니다.

God’s justice, then, is not intended to distribute penalties and punishments but rather, as the Apostle Paul affirms, it consists of making us, his children, righteous (cf. Rm 3:22-31), freeing us from the snares of evil, healing us, raising us up again. The Lord is always there, not ready to punish us, but with his hand outstretched to help us rise up. And so, we understand that, on the banks of the Jordan, Jesus reveals to us the meaning of his mission: He came to fulfil divine justice, which is that of saving sinners; he came to take on his own shoulders the sin of the world and to descend into the waters of the abyss, death, so as to rescue us from drowning. He shows us today that the true justice of God is the mercy that saves. We are afraid to think that God is mercy, but God is mercy, because his justice is indeed the mercy that saves, it is the love that shares our human condition, that makes itself close, in solidarity with our suffering, entering into our darkness to restore light.

그러므로 하느님의 정의는 처벌과 형벌을 내리기 위한 것이 아니고 바오로 사도가 확인한 것처럼 하느님의 자녀인 우리를 의롭게 만들고 (로마 3,22-31 참조) 악의 올가미에서 해방시키고, 우리를 치유하고 다시 일으키는 것입니다. 주님은 항상 거기에 계시며 벌할 준비 대신 손을 뻗으시어 우리가 일어서도록 도와주십니다. 이제 우리는 예수님께서 요르단 강둑에서 당신 사명의 의미를 우리에게 드러내신 것을 이해합니다. 그분은 죄인들을 구하시는 사명, 하느님의 정의를 이루기 위해 오셨습니다. 그분은 세상의 죄를 자신의 어깨에 짊어지기 위해서, 그리고 우리를 물에 빠지지 않게 구하시기 위해 죽음의 심연의 물로 내려가시기 위해서 오셨습니다. 오늘 그분은 하느님의 참된 정의는 구원하는 자비라는 것을 우리에게 보여주십니다. 우리는 하느님께서 자비라고 생각하는 것을 두려워합니다. 그러나 하느님은 자비이십니다. 그분의 정의가 참으로 구원하는 자비이기 때문입니다. 우리의 인간조건을 공유하는 사랑, 우리의 고통과 연대하여 가까이 다가오고, 빛을 되살리기 위해 우리의 어둠속으로 들어오는 사랑입니다.

Benedict XVI affirmed that “God desired to save us by going to the bottom of this abyss himself so that every person, even those who have fallen so low that they can no longer perceive Heaven, may find God’s hand to cling to and rise from the darkness to see again the light for which he or she was made” (Homily, 13 January 2008).

베네딕토 16세는 다음과 같이 확인하셨습니다. “하느님께서 스스로 이 심연의 밑바닥으로 가셔서 우리를 구원하시고자 하셨습니다. 그리하여 모든 사람, 심지어 너무 낮은 곳으로 떨어져서 더 이상 천국을 볼 수 없게 된 사람까지도 하느님의 손을 잡고 어둠에서 일어나 빛을 다시 볼 수 있게 하셨습니다. 그들 각자는 그 빛을 위해 태어났습니다.” (2008년 1월 13일 강론).

Brothers and sisters, we are afraid to think of such a merciful justice. Let us go ahead: God is merciful. His justice is merciful. Let us allow ourselves to be taken by the hand by Him. We too, disciples of Jesus, are required to exercise justice in this way, in relationships with others, in the Church, in society: not with the harshness of those who judge and condemn, dividing people into good and bad, but with the mercy of those who welcome by sharing the wounds and frailties of their sisters and brothers, so as to lift them up. I would like to put it like this: not dividing, but sharing. Not dividing, but sharing.

형제자매 여러분, 우리는 그러한 자비로운 정의를 생각하기가 두렵습니다. 계속 나아갑시다.  하느님은 자비로우십니다. 그분의 정의는 자비롭습니다. 우리 자신을 그분의 손에 잡히도록 맡깁시다. 예수님의 제자들인 우리도 이렇게 정의를 실천해야 합니다. 다른 사람들과의 관계에서, 교회에서, 사회에서, 판단하고 처벌하고, 사람들을 선과 악으로 가르는 사람들의 엄격함이 아닌 형제자매의 상처와 연약함을 함께 나누며 환영하고 그들을 일으켜 세우는 사람들의 자비로 정의를 실천해야 합니다. 저는 이렇게 요약하겠습니다. 가르지 않고 나눠 갖기. 편을 가르지 않고 나눠 갖는 것입니다.

Let us do as Jesus did: let us share, let us carry each other’s burdens instead of gossiping and destroying, let us look at each other with compassion, let us help each other. Let us ask ourselves: am I a person who divides or shares? Think a little: am I a disciple of Jesus’ love or a disciple of gossip, that divides. Gossip is a lethal weapon: it kills, it kills love, it kills society, it kills fraternity. Let us ask ourselves: am I a person who divides or a person who shares? And now let us pray to Our Lady, who gave life to Jesus, immersing him in our frailty so that we might receive life again.

우리도 예수님께서 하신 것처럼 합시다. 나눠 가집시다. 험담하고 파괴하지 말고 서로의 짐을 나누어 짊어집시다. 서로를 동정심을 갖고 바라보며 서로 도웁시다. 스스로에게 물어봅시다. 나는 편을 가르는 사람인가 나눠 갖는 사람인가? 조금만 생각해 보십시오. 나는 예수님의 사랑의 제자인가 아니면 분열시키는 험담의 제자인가? 험담은 치명적인 무기입니다. 그것은 죽이고, 사랑을 죽이고, 사회를 죽이고, 형제애를 죽입니다. 스스로에게 물어봅시다. 나는 편을 가르는 사람인가, 나눠 갖는 사람인가? 이제 예수님께 생명을 주시고 그분을 우리의 연약함에 잠기게 하신 우리의 성모님께 기도합시다. 성모님 저희가 생명을 다시 얻게 하소서!

After the Angelus

Dear brothers and sisters! This morning, according to custom, I baptized some newborns, children of employees of the Holy See and of Vatican City State, in the Sistine Chapel. Now, however, on the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, it is my pleasure to extend the greeting and the blessing to all the boys and girls who today, or in this period, have received or will receive Baptism. And at the same time, I reiterate to all of you – and first of all to myself – the invitation to celebrate the date on which we were baptized, that is, on which we became Christians. I ask you: do any of you know the date of your own Baptism? Some of you certainly do not know. Ask your parents, your relatives, your godparents: and then, every year, celebrate that date, because it is a new birthday, a birthday of faith. This is today’s task, for each one of you: to find out the date of your Baptism, in order to be able to celebrate it.

삼종기도 후에

친애하는 형제자매 여러분! 오늘 아침 관습에 따라 저는 시스티나 성당에서 교황청과 바티칸 시국 직원의 자녀인 신생아들에게 세례를 주었습니다. 그러나 저는 오늘 주님의 세례 축일에 오늘이나 이 시기에 세례를 받았거나 받을 모든 소년 소녀들에게 기쁜 마음으로 인사와 축복을 드립니다. 동시에 저는 여러분 모두에게, 그리고 무엇보다도 저 자신에게 우리가 세례를 받은 날짜, 즉 우리가 그리스도인이 된 날짜를 기념하라고 거듭 초대합니다. 저는 여러분에게 여쭙겠습니다. 여러분은 자신의 세례 날짜를 아십니까? 여러분 중 일부는 확실히 모르실 것입니다. 부모님, 친척, 대부모님께 물어보십시오. 그런 다음 매년 그 날을 기념하십시오. 왜냐하면 그날은 새로운 생일, 믿음의 생일이기 때문입니다. 오늘의 임무입니다. 여러분 각자가 세례를 기념하기 위해서 세례날짜를 알아내는 것입니다.

In particular, I greet the “Voice of the Angels” choir from Bethlehem. Dear friends, thank you from my heart, because, together with your hymns, you bring the “fragrance of Bethlehem”, and the witness of the Christian community of the Holy Land. Thank you! We will pray for you, and we are close to you!

특별히 베들레헴에서 온 '천사의 소리' 합창단을 맞이합니다. 친애하는 친구 여러분, 가슴 깊이 감사드립니다. 여러분은 여러분의 성가와 함께 “베들레헴의 향기”와 성지의 기독교 공동체의 증언을 가져오기 때문입니다. 감사합니다. 우리는 여러분을 위해 기도하고 여러분에게 마음으로 가까이 있습니다.

And let us not forget our Ukrainian brothers and sisters. They suffer a great deal because of the war! This Christmas at war, without light, without heat, they are suffering a lot! Please, let us not forget them. And today, seeing Our Lady who is holding the infant in the Nativity scene, who nurses him, I think of the mothers of the victims of war, of the soldiers who have fallen in this war in Ukraine. Ukrainian mothers and Russian mothers, both have lost their children. This is the price of war. Let us pray for the mothers who have lost their soldier sons, both Ukrainian and Russian.

그리고 우크라이나 형제자매들을 잊지 맙시다. 그들은 전쟁으로 인해 많은 고통을 받고 있습니다! 빛도 없고 난방도 없는 전쟁 중의 이번 크리스마스, 그들은 많은 고통을 받고 있습니다! 부디 그들을 잊지 맙시다. 그리고 오늘 성탄 구유의 장면에서 아기를 안고 계시며 아기를 돌보시는 성모님을 보면서 저는 우크라이나 전쟁 희생자들의 어머니들, 전쟁에서 전사한 군인들의 어머니들을 생각합니다. 우크라이나의 어머니들과 러시아의 어머니들, 모두 그들의 자녀를 잃었습니다. 이것이 전쟁의 대가입니다. 우크라이나인과 러시아인, 모두 군인 아들을 잃은 어머니들을 위해 기도합시다.

I wish you all a pleasant Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci.

모두 즐거운 일요일 보내시고, 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 식사 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.