영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.12.26)

최고관리자
2022.12.31 14:03 323 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, FEAST OF ST STEPHEN PROTOMARTYR, Saint Peter's Square, Monday, 26 December 2022

Dear sisters and brothers, buongiorno, happy feast day! Yesterday we celebrated the Nativity of the Lord and the liturgy, to help us to welcome it better, extends the duration of the feast until 1 January: for eight days. Surprisingly, however, these same days commemorate some dramatic figures of martyr saints. Today, for example, Saint Stephen, the first Christian martyr; the day after tomorrow, the Holy Innocents, the children killed by King Herod for fear that Jesus would take away his throne (cf. Mt 2:1-18). In short, the liturgy really seems to want to steer us away from the world of lights, lunches and gifts in which we might indulge somewhat in these days. Why?

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 성 스테파노 첫 순교자 축일, 성 베드로 광장, 2022년 12월 26일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 복된 축일입니다. 어제 우리는 주님의 성탄과 전례를 거행하였습니다. 예수님의 탄생을 더 환영하기 위해서 축일을 1월 1일까지 8일간으로 연장합니다. 그러나 놀랍게도 이 기간에 몇 분의 극적인 순교 성인들을 기념합니다. 예를 들어, 오늘은 최초의 크리스천 순교자인 성 스테파노를 기념하고 모레는 죄 없는 아기 순교자들을 기념합니다. 이들은 자기의 왕권을 예수님께서 빼앗을까봐 겁을 낸 헤로데 왕이 죽인 어린아이들입니다. (마태오 2,1-18 참조) 요컨대, 전례는 요즈음 우리가 좀 탐닉할지 모르는 세상의 빛, 지인들과의 점심, 선물 등으로부터 우리를 멀어지게 하고 싶은 것 같습니다. 왜 그럴까요?

Because Christmas is not the fairytale of the birth of a king, but it is the coming of the Saviour, who frees us from evil by taking upon himself our evil: selfishness, sin, death. This is our evil: the selfishness we carry within us, sin, because we are all sinners, and death. And the martyrs are those most similar to Jesus. Indeed, the word martyr means witness: the martyrs are witnesses, that is, brothers and sisters who, through their lives, show us Jesus, who conquered evil with mercy. And even in our day, martyrs are numerous, more so than in the early times. Today let us pray for these persecuted martyr brothers and sisters, who bear witness to Christ. But it will do us good to ask ourselves: do I bear witness to Christ? And how can we improve in this? We can indeed be helped by the figure of Saint Stephen.

왜냐하면 크리스마스는 임금의 탄생에 대한 동화가 아니고 이기심, 죄, 죽음과 같은 우리의 악을 짊어지심으로써 우리를 악으로부터 해방시켜주시는 구세주의 오심이기 때문입니다. 우리 안에 품고 있는 이기심, 우리 모두가 죄인이기 때문에 우리 모두가 갖고 있는 죄, 그리고 죽음, 이것이 우리의 악입니다. 그리고 순교자들은 예수님과 가장 유사한 사람들입니다. 참으로 순교자라는 말은 증인을 의미합니다. 순교자들은 증인입니다. 즉, 그들은 자비로 악을 정복하신 예수님을 그들의 삶을 통해 우리에게 보여주는 형제자매입니다. 그리고 우리 시대에도 초기보다 훨씬 더 많은 순교자들이 있습니다. 오늘 그리스도를 증거 하는 이 박해받는 순교 형제자매들을 위해 기도합시다. 그러나 다음과 같이 스스로에게 물어보는 것이 우리자신에게 도움이 될 것입니다. 나는 그리스도를 증거 하는가? 그리고 우리는 어떻게 그것을 개선할 수 있을까? 우리는 참으로 성 스테파노로부터 도움을 받을 수 있습니다.

First and foremost, the Acts of the Apostles tell us that he was one of the seven deacons that the community of Jerusalem had consecrated for table service, that is, for charity (cf. 6:1-6). This means that his first witness was not given in words, but through the love with which he served those most in need. But Stephen did not limit himself to this work of assistance. He spoke of Jesus to those he met: he shared faith in the light of the Word of God and the teaching of the Apostles (cf. Acts 7:1-53, 56).

무엇보다도 사도행전은 스테파노가 예루살렘 공동체가 식탁 봉사, 즉 자선을 위해 성별한 일곱 부제 (deacon) 중 한 사람이라고 얘기합니다. (사도행전 6,1-6 참조) 이것은 그의 첫 증거가 말로가 아니라 가장 도움이 필요한 사람들에게 봉사한 사랑을 통해 이루어졌음을 의미합니다. 그러나 스테파노는 돕는 일만 한 것이 아니었습니다. 그는 그가 만난 사람들에게 예수님에 관해 말했습니다. 그는 하느님 말씀과 사도들의 가르침에 비추어 믿음을 나누었습니다. (사도행전 7,1-53, 56 참조)

This is the second dimension of his witness: welcoming the Word and communicating its beauty, telling how the encounter with Jesus changes life. This was so important for Stephen that he did not let himself be intimidated even by the threats of his persecutors, even when he saw that things were going badly for him (cf. 54). Charity and proclamation, this was Stephen. However, his greatest testimony is yet another: that he knew how to unite charity and proclamation. He left it to us at the point of his death when, following the example of Jesus, he forgave his killers (cf. 60; Lk 23, 34).

이것이 그의 증언의 두 번째 차원입니다. 말씀을 환영하고 말씀의 아름다움을 전달하며, 예수님과의 만남이 어떻게 삶을 변화시키는지 말하는 것입니다. 이것은 스테파노에게 매우 중요했기 때문에 박해자들의 위협에도, 상황이 그에게 불리하게 돌아가는 것을 보았을 때도 겁내지 않았습니다. (54절 참조) 사랑과 선포, 이것이 스테파노가 한 일이었습니다. 그러나 그의 가장 위대한 증거는 또 있습니다. 그는 사랑과 선포를 어떻게 결합하는지 알고 있었습니다. 그는 예수님의 본을 따라 그를 죽인 사람들을 용서하였을 때, 그의 죽음의 순간에 그것을 우리에게 남겼습니다.

Here, then, is our answer to the question: we can improve our witness through charity towards our brothers and sisters, fidelity to the Word of God, and forgiveness. Charity, Word, forgiveness. It is forgiveness that tells whether we truly practice charity towards others, and if we live the Word of God. Forgiveness [in Italian perdono], is indeed as the word itself suggests, a greater gift [dono], a gift we give to others because we belong to Jesus, forgiven by him. I forgive because I have been forgiven: let us not forget this…

그렇다면 이제 우리는 질문에 대해 다음과 같이 답할 수 있습니다. 우리는 우리의 증거를 우리의 형제자매에 대한 사랑, 하느님 말씀에 대한 충실함, 그리고 용서를 통해서 향상시킬 수 있습니다. 사랑, 말씀, 용서입니다. 용서는 우리가 진정으로 타인에게 사랑을 실천하는지, 우리가 하느님의 말씀대로 살고 있는지를 알려줍니다. 용서 [이탈리아어로 perdono]는 참으로 그 단어 자체가 암시하듯이 더 큰 선물[dono]입니다. 우리가 우리를 용서해주신 예수님께 속해 있기 때문에 우리가 다른 사람들에게 주는 선물입니다. 내가 용서받았기 때문에 나는 용서합니다. 이것을 잊지 맙시다....

Let us think, let each one of us think of his or her own capacity to forgive: how is my capacity to forgive, in these days in which perhaps we encounter, among the many, some people with whom we have not got along, who have hurt us, with whom we have never patched up our relationship. Let us ask the newborn Jesus for the newness of a heart capable of forgiveness: we all need a forgiving heart! Let us ask the Lord for this grace: Lord, may I learn to forgive. Let us ask for the strength to pray for those who have hurt us, to pray for those who have harmed us, and to take steps of openness and reconciliation. May the Lord give us today this grace.

우리 각자가 자신의 용서 능력에 대해 생각해 봅시다. 요즈음 나의 용서하는 능력은 어떠한가요? 많은 사람 중에 우리가 잘 지내지 못하는 사람들, 우리에게 상처를 준 사람들, 우리의 관계를 결코 개선하지 못한 사람들과 만날 때 우리의 용서하는 능력은 어떠한가요? 새로 태어나신 예수님께 용서할 수 있는 새로운 마음을 청합시다. 우리 모두 용서하는 마음이 필요합니다. 주님께 이 은총을 청합시다. 주님, 제가 용서하는 것을 배우게 하소서! 우리에게 상처를 준 사람들을 위해 기도하는 힘, 우리에게 해를 입힌 사람들을 위해 기도하는 힘, 그리고 마음을 열고 화해하는 단계를 밟는 힘을 청합시다. 주님 오늘 저희에게 이 은총을 주소서!

May Mary, Queen of martyrs, help us to grow in charity, in love of the Word and in forgiveness.

순교자의 모후이신 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 사랑을 실천하고, 말씀을 사랑하고, 용서를 행함에 있어서 성장하게 하소서!

After the Angelus

Dear brothers and sisters! In the spiritual atmosphere of joy and serenity of Holy Christmas, I greet with affection all of you present here and all those who follow us through the media. I reiterate my wish for peace: peace in families, peace in parish and religious communities, peace in movements and associations, peace for those peoples tormented by war, peace for the dear and embattled Ukraine. There are so many Ukrainian flags here! Let us ask for peace for this suffering people!

삼종기도 후에

친애하는 형제자매 여러분! 거룩한 성탄의 기쁨과 고요함의 영적 분위기 속에서 저는 이 자리에 계신 여러분과 미디어를 통해 우리를 지켜보는 모든 분들께 애정 어린 인사를 드립니다. 평화를 위한 저의 바람을 말씀드립니다. 가정의 평화, 본당과 수도공동체의 평화, 각종 운동과 협회의 평화, 전쟁으로 고통 받는 사람들을 위한 평화, 어려움에 처한 사랑하는 우크라이나를 위한 평화입니다. 이 광장에 우크라이나 국기가 많이 보입니다. 이 고통 받는 사람들을 위한 평화를 청합시다.

This week I have received many messages of good wishes from different parts of the world. As I cannot respond to each one, I express my gratitude to all, especially for the gift of prayer.

이번 주에 저는 세계 여러 곳에서 보낸 많은 축원 메시지를 받았습니다. 제가 한 사람 한 사람에게 답장을 보낼 수 없기 때문에 이 자리에서 여러분 모두에게 대한 저의 감사한 마음을 말씀드립니다. 특별히 기도의 선물에 대해 감사드립니다.

I wish everyone a Happy Saint Stephen’s Day, and please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

여러분 모두 복된 성 스테파노 축일을 보내시기 바랍니다. 저를 위한 기도를 잊지 마십시오. 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.