영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.11.13)

최고관리자
2022.11.15 12:03 533 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Thirty-third Sunday In Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, Sunday, 13 November 2022

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno, blessed Sunday! Today’s Gospel takes us to Jerusalem, in the most sacred place: the temple. There, around Jesus, some people speak about the magnificence of that grandiose building, “adorned with costly stones” (Lk 21:5). But the Lord states, “there will not be left a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down” (Lk 21:6). He then adds to the story, explaining how in history almost everything collapses: there will be, he says, revolutions and wars, earthquakes and famines, pestilence and persecution (cf. vv. 9-17).

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 연중 제13주일, 성 베드로 광장, 2022년 11월 13일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 복된 주일입니다! 오늘 복음은 우리를 예루살렘의 가장 성스러운 곳 성전으로 인도합니다. 예수님 주변에서 어떤 사람들이 “값비싼 돌로 장식된”(루카 21,5) 그 거창한 건물의 웅장함에 대해 이야기합니다. 그러나 주님은 “돌 하나도 다른 돌 위에 남아 있지 않고 다 허물어질 때가 올 것이다.” (루카 21,6) 라고 말씀하십니다. 그런 다음 그분은 이야기에 덧붙여 어떻게 역사에서 거의 모든 것이 무너지는지 설명하시고, 혁명과 전쟁, 지진과 기근, 역병과 박해가 있을 것이라고 말씀하십니다. (9-17절 참조)

As if to say: one should not place too much trust in earthly realities, which pass. These are wise words, which can however make us somewhat bitter. There are already many things going wrong. Why does the Lord even make such negative pronouncements? In reality his intention is not to be negative, it is otherwise – to give us a valuable teaching, that is, the way out of all this precariousness. And what is the way out? How can we come out of this reality that passes and passes, and will be no more?

마치 지나가는 세상의 현실에 너무 많은 신뢰를 두어서는 안 된다고 말씀하시는 것 같습니다.  이것은 현명한 말씀이지만 우리를 다소 씁쓸하게 만들 수 있습니다. 이미 많은 일들이 잘못되고 있는데 주님께서는 왜 그렇게 부정적인 선언까지 하십니까? 실제로 그분의 의도는 부정적인 것이 아니라 그 반대입니다. - 우리에게 귀중한 가르침, 즉 이 모든 위태로움에서 벗어나는 길을 알려주시는 것입니다. 그러면 탈출구는 무엇입니까? 지나가고, 지나가고 결국 더 이상 존재하지 않을 이 현실을 어떻게 벗어날 수 있습니까?

It lies in a word that will perhaps surprise us. Christ reveals it in the final phrase of the Gospel, when he says: “By your perseverance you will secure your lives” (v. 19). Perseverance. What is perseverance? The word indicates being “very strict”; but strict in what sense? With oneself, considering oneself not up to standard? No. With others, becoming rigid and inflexible? Not this either. Jesus asks us to be “strict”, uncompromising, persistent in what he has at heart, in what counts. Because, what truly counts, very often does not coincide with what attracts our interest.

그것은 한 단어 안에 있고, 우리는 아마 그 단어에 놀랄 것입니다. 그리스도께서는 복음의 마지막 구절에서 그 단어를 드러내십니다. “너희는 인내로써 생명을 얻어라.” (19절) 인내. 인내란 무엇입니까? 이 단어는 "매우 엄격함"을 가리킵니다. 그러나 어떤 의미에서의 엄격입니까?  자신이 기준에 미치지 못한다고 생각하며 자신에게 엄격합니까? 아닙니다. 다른 사람들에게 경직되고 융통성 없게 되는 것입니까? 그것도 아닙니다. 예수님은 자신의 마음에 있는 것, 그리고 중요한 것에 “엄격”하고, 타협하지 않고, 끈기를 가지라고 요구하십니다. 진정으로 중요한 것은 아주 자주 우리의 흥미를 끄는 것과 일치하지 않기 때문입니다.

Like those people at the temple, we often prioritize the work of our hands, our achievements, our religious and civil traditions, our sacred and social symbols. This is fine, but we accord too much priority to them. These things are important, but they pass away. Instead, Jesus says to concentrate on what remains, to avoid devoting our life to building something that will then be destroyed, like that temple, and forgetting to build what will not collapse, to build on his word, on love, on goodness. To be persevering, to be strict and resolute in building on what does not pass away.

성전에 있는 그 사람들처럼 우리는 종종 우리의 손으로 하는 일, 우리의 업적, 우리의 종교적, 시민적 전통, 우리의 신성하고 사회적인 상징을 우선시합니다. 이것은 괜찮지만 우리는 그것들에게 너무 많은 우선순위를 부여합니다. 이런 것들은 중요하지만 지나갑니다. 그 대신에, 예수님은 변치 않고 남는 것에 집중하고, 그 성전과 같이 파괴될 것을 짓는 데 우리의 삶을 바치지 말고, 무너지지 않을 것을 짓는 것을 잊지 말고, 그분의 말씀 위에 즉 사랑과 선 위에 쌓으라고 말씀하십니다. 인내하는 것, 지나가 버리지 않는 것을 쌓는데 엄격하고 단호한 것입니다.

This, then, is perseverance: building goodness every day. To persevere is to remain constant in goodness, especially when the reality around us urges us to do otherwise. Let us reflect on a few examples: I know that prayer is important, but, like everyone, I too always have a lot to do, and so I put it off: “No, I am busy now, I can’t, I’ll do it later”. Or, I see many crafty people who take advantage of situations, who dodge the rules, and so I too stop observing them and persevering in justice and legality: “But if these scoundrels do it, so will I!”. Beware of this! And again: I carry out service in the Church, for the community, for the poor, but I see that many people in their free time think only of enjoying themselves, and so I feel like giving up and do what they do. Because I do not see results, or I get bored, or it does not make me happy.

이것이 바로 인내입니다. 매일 선을 쌓는 것입니다. 인내한다는 것은, 특히 우리 주변의 현실이 우리에게 반대로 행동하도록 촉구할 때, 변함없이 선을 일관되게 유지하는 것입니다. 몇 가지 예를 생각해봅시다. 저는 기도가 중요하다는 것을 알지만 모든 사람들이 그렇듯이 저도 항상 해야 할 일이 많기 때문에 뒤로 미룹니다. “아닙니다. 지금 바빠서 못합니다. 나중에 하겠습니다.” 또는 상황을 이용하고 규칙을 회피하는 교활한 사람들을 많이 봅니다. 그래서 저도 규칙을 준수하고, 정의와 합법성을 지키기 위해 인내하는 것을 그만 둡니다. "하지만 이 악당들이 하면 나도 하겠습니다!“ 이것을 조심하십시오! 그리고 또 하나의 예를 보겠습니다. 저는 교회에서, 공동체를 위해, 가난한 사람들을 위해 봉사합니다만 많은 사람들이 여가 시간에 즐기는 것만 생각하는 것을 보고 나도 포기하고 그들이 하는 것을 하고 싶은 생각이 듭니다. 결과물이 보이지 않거나 지루하거나 행복하지 않기 때문입니다.

Persevering, instead, is remaining in goodness. Let us ask ourselves: what is my perseverance like? Am I constant, or do I live faith, justice and charity according to the moment: I pray if I feel like it; I am fair, willing and helpful if it suits me; whereas if I am dissatisfied, if no-one thanks me, do I stop? In short, do my prayer and service depend on circumstances or on a heart that is steadfast in the Lord? If we persevere – Jesus reminds us – we have nothing to fear, even in the sad and ugly events of life, not even in the evil we see around us, because we remain grounded in the good. Dostoevsky wrote: “Have no fear of men’s sin. Love a man even in his sin, for that is the semblance of Divine Love and is the highest love on earth” (The Brothers Karamazov, II, 6, 3g). Perseverance is the reflection in the world of God’s love, because God’s love is faithful, it is persevering, it never changes.

반면에 인내는 선 안에 머무는 것입니다. 우리 자신에게 물어 봅시다: 나의 인내는 어떠한가? 나는 일관 된가? 아니면 순간에 따라 믿음, 정의, 사랑을 실천하는가? 기분이 내키면 기도하는가? 나는 공평하다, 내게 적합하면 기꺼이 돕는다. 반면에 내가 만족하지 않고, 아무도 내게 고마워하지 않으면 그만두는가? 간단히 말해서 나의 기도와 봉사는 상황에 달려있습니까 또는 주님께 대한 굳건한 마음에 달려 있습니까? 우리가 인내한다면 – 예수님은 우리에게 일깨워 주십니다. – 우리는 삶의 슬프고 추한 사건에서도, 심지어 우리 주변에서 보는 악에서 조차 두려워할 것이 아무것도 없습니다. 왜냐하면 우리는 선에 뿌리를 박고 있기 때문입니다. 도스토예프스키는 이렇게 썼습니다. “인간의 죄를 두려워하지 마십시오. 죄를 지은 사람도 사랑하십시오. 그것이 하느님 사랑의 모습이며 지상에서 가장 고귀한 사랑이기 때문입니다.” (The Brothers Karamazov, II, 6, 3g) 인내는 세상에서의 하느님 사랑의 반영입니다. 하느님 사랑은 충실하고, 인내하고, 절대 변하지 않기 때문입니다.

May Our Lady, servant of the Lord, persevering in prayer (cf. Acts 1:12), fortify our perseverance.

주님의 종이시고 끈질기게 기도하시는 (사도행전 1,12 참조) 성모님, 저희의 인내를 강하게 하여주소서!

After the Angelus

Dear brothers and sisters! Tomorrow will be the first anniversary of the launch of the Laudato si’ Platform for Action, which promotes ecological conversion and lifestyles consistent with it. I would like to thank all those who have embraced this initiative: there are around six thousand participants, including individuals, families, associations, businesses, and religious, cultural and healthcare institutions. It is an excellent start to a seven-year journey aimed at responding to the cry of the earth and the cry of the poor. I encourage this mission, crucial for the future of humanity, so that it may foster in everyone a genuine commitment to the care of creation.

삼종기도 후에

사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 내일은 생태적 개선과 그에 부합하는 생활 방식을 촉진하는 Laudato si' (찬미 받으소서!) 행동 플랫폼의 출범 1주년이 됩니다. 이 계획을 수용한 모든 분들께 감사드립니다. 개인, 가족, 협회, 기업, 종교, 문화 및 의료 기관을 포함하여 약 6,000명이 참가하고 있습니다. 이것은 지구의 외침과 가난한 이들의 외침에 응답하기 위한 7년 여정의 훌륭한 시작입니다. 저는 인류의 미래에 결정적인 이 사명을 장려하여 모든 사람이 피조물을 돌보는 일에 진정으로 헌신할 수 있기를 바랍니다.

From this perspective, I would like to recall the COP27 Summit on Climate Change, which is taking place in Egypt. I hope that steps forward will be made, with courage and determination, in the wake of the Paris Agreement.

이러한 관점에서 저는 이집트에서 개최되고 있는 COP27 기후변화 정상회의를 상기하고 싶습니다. 파리협정에 이어서 용기와 결단력 있는 전진의 발걸음이 내디뎌지길 바랍니다.

Let us always remain close to our brothers and sisters in martyred Ukraine. Close in prayer and with concrete solidarity. Peace is possible! Let us not resign ourselves to war.

순교한 우크라이나의 형제자매들과 항상 가까이, 기도와 구체적인 연대로 가까이, 있도록 합시다. 평화는 가능합니다! 전쟁에 투항하지 맙시다.

And I greet you all, pilgrims from Italy and various countries, families, parishes, associations and individual faithful. In particular, I greet the “El Shaddai” charismatic group from the United States of America, the Uruguayan “bandoneon” musicians – I see your flag there, bravo! – the Romanian Greek-Catholic Mission of Paris, the school pastoral representatives from Limoges and Tulle with their respective bishops, and the members of the Eritrean community of Milan, to whom I assure my prayer for their country. I am glad to welcome the altar servers of Ovada, the “Nuova Famiglia” cooperative of Monza, the civil protection of Lecco, the faithful of Perugia, Pisa, Sassari, Catania and Bisceglie, and the boys and girls of the Immacolata.

그리고 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자, 가족, 본당, 단체, 개인 신자 여러분께 인사를 드립니다. 특히, 저는 미국의 카리스마 넘치는 "El Shaddai" 그룹, 우루과이의 "bandoneon" 음악가들을 맞이합니다. 저기 여러분이 깃발이 보입니다, 브라보! – 파리의 루마니아 그리스-가톨릭 선교부, 리모주와 툴레의 학교 사목 대표와 각각의 주교, 그리고 제가 그들의 나라를 위해 기도할 것을 확신하는 밀라노의 에리트레아 공동체 회원들. 저는 Ovada의 제단 봉사자들, Monza의 "Nuova Famiglia" 협동 조합, Lecco의 시민 보호, Perugia, Pisa, Sassari, Catania 및 Bisceglie의 신자, Immacolata의 소년 소녀들을 환영하게 되어 기쁩니다.

I wish you all a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

복된 주일 보내시고 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 맛있는 점심 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.