영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.08.21)

최고관리자
2022.09.24 11:53 513 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Saint Peter's Square, Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time, 21 August 2022

Dear brothers and sisters, happy Sunday! In the passage from the Gospel of Luke for this Sunday’s liturgy, someone asks Jesus, “will those who are saved be few?” And the Lord responds: “Strive to enter through the narrow door” (Lk 13:24). The narrow door…this is an image that could scare us, as if salvation is destined for only a few elect, or perfect people. But this contradicts what Jesus taught us on many other occasions. And, as a matter of fact, a little further ahead, he confirms, “People will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God” (v. 29). Therefore, this door is narrow, but is open to everyone! Do not forget this. The door is open to everyone!

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 성 베드로 광장, 연중 제21주일, 2022년 8월 21일

사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 행복한 주일입니다! 이번 주일 전례의 루카복음의 한 구절에서 누군가 예수님께  “주님, 구원받을 사람은 적습니까?”라고 묻습니다. 그리고 주님은 “너희는 좁은 문으로 들어가도록 힘써라.” (루카 13,24) 라고 응답하십니다. 좁은 문... 마치 구원이 소수의 선택 받은 사람들 혹은 완전한 사람들만을 위한 것처럼, 이것은 우리를 두렵게 할 수 있는 이미지입니다. 그러나 이것은 예수님이 다른 많은 경우에 우리에게 가르치신 것과 모순됩니다. 그리고 사실 조금 후에 예수님은 이렇게 확인하십니다. “그러나 동쪽과 서쪽, 북쪽과 남쪽에서 사람들이 와 하느님 나라의 잔칫상에 자리 잡을 것이다.” (29절) 그러므로 이 문은 좁지만 누구에게나 열려 있습니다! 이것을 잊지 마십시오. 문은 모든 사람들에게 열려있습니다!

But to better understand, what this narrow door is, we need to ask what it is. Jesus was using an image from contemporary life, most likely referring to the fact that, when evening would fall, the doors of the city would be closed and only one, the smallest and the narrowest, would remain open. To return home, someone could get through only there.

그러나 이 좁은 문이 무엇인지 더 잘 이해하려면 그것이 무엇인지 물어볼 필요가 있습니다. 예수님은 당시의 생활의 이미지를 사용하셨습니다. 아마도 저녁이 되면 도시의 문은 닫히고 가장 작고 좁은 문만 열려있었던 사실을 가리키셨을 겁니다. 집에 돌아오기 위해 사람들은 그 문을 통해야만 했습니다.

Now let’s think about when Jesus says, “I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved” (Jn 10:9). He wants to tell us that to enter into God’s life, into salvation, we need to pass through him, not through another one, through him; to welcome him and his Word. Just as to enter into the city, someone had to “measure” the same as the only remaining open narrow door, so too the Christian door is a life whose “measure is Christ”, founded and modeled on him. This means that the rule of measure is Jesus and his Gospel – not what we think, but what he says to us.

이제 예수님이 다음과 같이 말씀하실 때를 생각해봅시다. “나는 문이다. 누구든지 나를 통하여 들어오면 구원을 받을 것이다.” (요한 10,9) 따라서 하느님의 생명으로, 구원으로 들어가려면 우리는 그분을 통해야 한다는 것을 뜻합니다. 다른 이를 통하지 않고 그분을 통해야 하고, 그분과 그분의 말씀을 받아들여야 합니다. 도시로 들어갈 때 열려있는 하나뿐인 문에 자신을 “맞추어야” 하듯이 크리스천의 삶도 그분을 본보기로 “그리스도에 맞게 설계된” 삶이어야 합니다. 그 척도는 예수님이고 예수님의 복음이며, 우리가 생각하는 것이 아니고 그분이 우리에게 말씀하시는 것입니다.

So, we are talking about a narrow door not because only a few are destined to go through it, no, but because to belong to Christ means to follow him, to live one’s life in love, in service, and in giving oneself as he did, who passed through the narrow door of the cross. Entering into the project God proposes for our life requires that we restrict the space of egoism, reduce the presumption of self-sufficiency, lower the heights of pride and arrogance, and that we overcome laziness, in order to traverse the risk of love, even when it involves the cross.

그러므로 우리가 좁은 문에 대해 이야기하는 것은 단지 소수만이 통과하도록 정해져 있기 때문이 아니고, 그리스도께 속한다는 것이 그분을 따르고 그분처럼 사랑하고 봉사하고 자신을 내어주는 삶을 사는 것을 의미하기 때문입니다. 그분은 십자가의 좁은 문을 통과하셨습니다. 하느님이 우리의 삶을 위해 제안하신 프로젝트에 참여하려면 이기주의의 공간을 제한하고 자급자족에 대한 주제 넘는 가정을 줄이고 교만과 오만의 높이를 낮추고 게으름을 극복하고, 십자가를 포함할 때조차도 사랑의 위험을 무릎 써야 합니다.

Let’s think, in concrete terms, about those daily acts of love that we struggle to carry on with: let’s think of the parents who dedicate themselves to their children, making sacrifices and renouncing time for themselves; of those who concern themselves about others and not only about their own interests (how many people are good like this); let’s think of those who spend themselves in service to the elderly, to the poorest and most vulnerable; let’s think of those who keep on working committedly, putting up with discomfort and, perhaps, with misunderstanding; let’s think of those who suffer because of their faith, but who continue to pray and love; let’s think of those who, rather than following their own instincts, respond to evil with good, finding the strength to forgive and the courage to begin again. These are just a few examples of people who do not choose the wide door of their own convenience, but the narrow door of Jesus, of a life spent in loving. The Lord says today that the Father will recognize them much more than those who believe they are already saved but who are actually “workers of evil” (Lk 13:27) in life.

우리가 하려고 애쓰는 일상적인 사랑의 행위에 대해 구체적인 용어로 생각해 봅시다. 다음과 같은 사람을 생각해봅시다. 자신을 위한 시간을 포기하며, 자녀를 위해 헌신하는 부모들, 자신의 이익뿐만 아니라 다른 사람들의 이익을 위해 염려하는 사람들, (많은 사람들이 이같이 선합니다.) 노인들, 가장 가난하고 취약한 사람들에게 봉사하는 사람들, 불편함과 오해를 참아가며 헌신적으로 일하는 사람들, 신앙 때문에 고통을 당하지만 지속적으로 기도하고 사랑하는 사람들, 자신의 본능을 쫓지 않고 선으로 악을 대하고, 용서할 수 있는 힘과 새로 시작할 수 있는 용기를 발견하는 사람들.... 이들은 자신들의 편의의 넓은 문을 선택하지 않고 예수님의 좁은 문, 사랑을 위한 삶의 좁은 문을 선택한 사람들의 적은 예에 불과합니다. 오늘 주님은 아버지께서 그들을, 자신들은 이미 구원되었다고 믿지만 실제로는 “불의를 일삼는 자들” (루카 13,27) 인 사람들, 보다 훨씬 더 인정해주실 것이라고 말씀하십니다.

Brothers and sisters, which side do we want to be on? Do we prefer the easy way of thinking only about ourselves, or do we choose the narrow door of the Gospel that puts our selfishness into crisis, but which makes us able to welcome the true life that comes from God and makes us happy? Which side are we on? May Our Lady, who followed Jesus all the way to the cross, help us to measure our life with him so as to enter into the fullness of eternal life.

형제자매 여러분, 우리는 어느 편에 서기를 원합니까? 우리는 우리 자신만을 생각하는 쉬운 길을 선호합니까, 아니면 우리의 이기심을 위기에 빠뜨리지만 하느님으로부터 오며 우리를 행복하게 만드는 참 생명을 받아들이게 하는 복음의 좁은 문을 선택합니까? 우리는 어느 편에
있습니까? 십자가에 이르기까지 줄곧 예수님을 따르신 성모 마리아여 저희가 온전한 영원한 생명에 들어갈 수 있도록 저희의 삶을 예수님께 맞출 수 있도록 도와주소서!

After the Angelus, the Holy Father continued:

Brothers and sisters, I am following closely, with concern and sorrow, the situation created in Nicaragua that involves persons and institutions. I would like to express my conviction and my hope that, through an open and sincere dialogue, the basis for a respectful and peaceful co-existence might still be found. Let us ask the Lord, through the intercession of the Purísima, to inspire everyone’s heart with this concrete will.

삼종기도 후에

형제자매 여러분, 저는 개인과 기관이 관련된 니카라과의 상황을 우려와 슬픔의 마음으로 면밀히 주시하고 있습니다. 공개적이고 진지한 대화를 통한 존중과 평화의 공존을 위한 기반이 여전히 찾을 수 있다는 확신과 희망을 표합니다. 주님께서 성모마리아의 중재와 함께 이 구체적인 뜻을 모든 사람들의 마음에 고취시켜 주시도록 청합시다.

Brothers and sisters, I greet all of you, people from Rome and pilgrims from various countries – families, parish groups, associations. In particular, I greet the community from the Pontifical North American College, especially the new seminaries who have just arrived, and I encourage them in their spiritual commitment, and urge them be faithful to the Gospel and to the Church. I greet those consecrated women in the Ordo virginum, and I encourage them to witness to the joy of the love of Christ.

형제자매 여러분, 로마에서 온 사람들과 가족, 본당 그룹들, 단체 등 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들에게 인사를 드립니다. 특히 저는 Pontifical North American College의 공동체, 특히 막 도착한 신학생들을 환영하며 그들의 영적 헌신을 격려하고 복음과 교회에 충실할 것을 촉구합니다. 저는 Virginum 수도회의 봉헌자 여성들에게 인사를 전하며 그들이 그리스도의 사랑의 기쁨을 증거하도록 격려합니다.

I greet the faithful from Verona, Trevignano, Pratissolo, the young people from Paternò, Lequile and those participating in the Via lucis who, inspired by the example of the Saints “next door”, will be meeting with the poor who live near railway stations. And a greeting to the young people of the Immaculata. Let us persevere in our closeness and in prayer for the dear Ukrainian people who are experiencing inhuman cruelty. I wish all of you a happy Sunday. And, please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci!

저는 베로나, 트레비냐노, 프라티솔로의 신자들, 파테르노, 레퀼의 젊은이들, 그리고 Via lucis“에 참여하는 분들에게 인사드립니다. 그들은 옆집” 성인들의 모범에서 영감을 받아 기차역 근처에 사는 가난한 사람들을 만날 것입니다. 그리고 Immaculata의 젊은이들에게 인사
를 전합니다. 비인간적인 잔학 행위를 겪고 있는 친애하는 우크라이나 국민을 위한 기도와 긴밀한 관심을 유지합시다. 모두 행복한 주일 보내시고, 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.