영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.08.14)

최고관리자
2022.08.19 12:16 584 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Saint Peter's Square, Twenty's Sunday in Ordinary Time, 14 August 2022

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! In the Gospel of today’s liturgy there is an expression of Jesus which always strikes us and challenges us. While he is walking with his disciples, he says: “I came to bring fire to the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!” (Lk 12:49). What fire is he talking about? And what is the meaning of these words for us today, this fire that Jesus brings?

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 성 베드로 광장, 연중 제20주일, 2022년 8월 14일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례의 복음에는 항상 우리에게 정곡을 찌르고 우리의 도전을 촉구하시는 예수님의 표현이 있습니다. 그분은 제자들과 함께 걸으면서 이렇게 말씀하십니다. “나는 세상에 불을 지르러 왔다. 그 불이 이미 타올랐으면 얼마나 좋으랴?” (루카 12,49) 그분이 말씀하시는 불은 무엇입니까? 예수님 가져오시는 이 불은 우리에게 무엇을 의미합니까?

As we know, Jesus came to bring to the world the Gospel, that is, the good news of God’s love for each one of us. Therefore, he is telling us that the Gospel is like a fire, because it is a message that, when it erupts into history, burns the old balances of living, burns the old balances of living, challenges us to come out of our individualism, challenges us to overcome selfishness, challenges us to shift from the slavery of sin and death to the new life of the Risen One, of the Risen Jesus.

우리가 알다시피 예수님은 복음, 즉 우리 한 사람 한 사람을 향한 하느님의 사랑의 좋은 소식을 세상에 전하러 오셨습니다. 그러므로 그분은 복음이 불과 같다고 말씀하고 계십니다. 복음은 역사 속으로 분출할 때 옛 삶의 균형을 태우고, 우리에게 개인주의에서 벗어나도록 도전하고, 우리에게 이기심을 극복하도록 도전하고, 죄와 죽음의 노예에서 부활하신 분, 부활하신 예수님의 새로운 삶으로 전환하도록 도전하라는 메시지입니다.

In other words, the Gospel does not leave things as they are; when the Gospel passes, and is listened to and received, things do not stay as they are. The Gospel provokes change and invites conversion. It does not dispense a false intimist peace, but sparks a restlessness that sets us in motion, and drives us to open up to God and to our brothers. It is just like fire: while it warms us with God’s love, it wants to burn our selfishness, to enlighten the dark sides of life – we all have them, eh! – to consume the false idols that enslave us.

다시 말해서 복음은 모든 것을 있는 그대로 두지 않습니다. 복음이 지나가고 그 복음을 경청하고 받아들일 때 모든 것이 그대로 있지 않습니다. 복음은 변화를 일으키고 회개하도록 초대합니다. 복음은 거짓되고 은밀한 평화를 주지 않고 동요를 일으켜서 우리를 움직이게 하고 하느님과 우리의 형제들에게 마음을 열도록 이끕니다. 그것은 바로 불과 같습니다. 하느님의 사랑으로 따뜻하게 하는 반면, 우리의 이기심을 태우고 삶의 어두운 면을 밝히고 - 우리 모두 그것들을 가지고 있지요. - 우리를 노예로 삼는 거짓 우상들을 소멸시키길 원합니다.

In the wake of the Biblical prophets – think, for example, of Elijah and Jeremiah – Jesus is inflamed by God’s love and, to make it spread throughout the world, he expends himself personally, loving up to the end, that is, up to death, and death on the cross (cf. Phil 2:8). He is filled with the Holy Spirit, who is compared to fire, and with his light and his strength, he unveils the mysterious face of God and gives fullness to those considered lost, breaks down the barriers of marginalization, heals the wounds of the body and the soul, and renews a religiosity that was reduced to external practices. This is why he is fire: he changes, purifies.

성서의 예언자들의 뒤를 이어 - 예를 들어 엘리야와 예레미야를 생각해보십시오. - 예수님은 하느님의 사랑에 불타올라 그것을 온 세상에 퍼뜨리십니다. 예수님은 자신을 바쳐 죽음에 이르기까지 십자가의 죽음에 이르기 까지 끝까지 사랑하십니다. (필립비 2,8 참조) 그분은 불에 비유되는 성령으로 충만하여 그의 빛과 능력으로 신비로운 하느님의 얼굴을 드러내시고 잃었다고 여겨졌던 사람들에게 충만함을 주시고, 소외의 장벽을 허무시고, 몸과 마음의 상처를 치유하시고, 외적인 관행으로 축소됐던 종교성을 새롭게 하십니다. 그래서 그분이 불이십니다. 그분은 변화시키고 정화시키십니다.

So, what does that word of Jesus mean for us, for each one of us – for me, for you, for you – what does this word of Jesus, about fire, mean for us? It invites us to rekindle the flame of faith, so that it does not become a secondary matter, or a means to individual wellbeing, enabling us to evade the challenges of life or commitment in the Church and society. Indeed – as a theologian said – faith in God “reassures us – but not on our level, or so to produce a paralyzing illusion, or a complacent satisfaction, but so as to enable us to act” (De Lubac, The Discovery of God). In short, faith is not a “lullaby” that lulls us to sleep. True faith is a fire, a living flame to keep us wakeful and active even at night!

그렇다면 예수님의 그 말씀은 우리에게, 우리 각자에게, 즉 나에게, 당신에게, 여러분에게 무엇을 의미합니까? 불에 관한 예수님의 이 말씀이 우리에게 무엇을 의미합니까? 그것은 우리가 신앙의 불꽃을 다시 불붙이도록 하여 신앙이 부차적인 것이 되지 않고 개인의 웰빙의 수단이 되지 않고, 삶의 도전이나 교회와 사회의 헌신을 피할 수 없게 합니다. 참으로 - 신학자가 말했듯이 - 하느님께 대한 믿음은 “우리를 안심시켜주지만 - 우리의 수준에서 또는 마비되는 환상 또는 안일한 만족을 낳게 하지 않고, 우리가 행동하게 합니다.” (De Lubac, The Discovery of God) 요컨대 신앙은 우리를 잠들게 하는 “자장가”가 아닙니다. 진정한 신앙은 불입니다. 우리를 밤에도 깨어서 행동하게 하는 살아있는 불꽃입니다.

And then, we might wonder: am I passionate about the Gospel? Do I read the Gospel often? Do I carry it with me? Does the faith I profess and celebrate lead me to complacent tranquility or does it ignite the flame of witness in me? We can also ask ourselves this question as. Church: in our communities, does the fire of the Spirit burn, with the passion for prayer and charity, and the joy of faith? Or do we drag ourselves along in weariness and habit, with a downcast face, and a lament on our lips, and gossip every day? Brothers and sisters, let us examine ourselves on this, so that we too can say, like Jesus: we are inflamed with the fire of God’s love, and we want to spread it around the world, to take it to everyone, so that each person may discover the tenderness of the Father and experience the joy of Jesus, who enlarges the heart – and Jesus enlarges the heart! – and makes life beautiful. Let us pray to the Holy Virgin for this: may she, who welcomed the fire of the Holy Spirit, intercede for us.

이제 우리는 궁금해 할 것입니다. 나는 복음에 대해 열정적인가? 복음을 자주 읽는가? 성경을 가지고 다니는가? 내가 고백하고 기념하는 신앙이 나를 안일한 평온으로 이끄는가 아니면 내 안의 증거의 불꽃을 점화하는가? 우리는 또한 다음의 질문을 할 수 있습니다. 교회: 우리 공동체에서 기도와 사랑에 대한 열정과 믿음의 기쁨으로 성령의 불이 타오릅니까? 아니면 우리는 피곤함과 습관적으로 질질 끌며 우울한 얼굴로 입술에는 탄식을 달고 매일 험담을 일삼습니까? 형제자매 여러분, 이것에 대해 성찰하여 우리도 예수님처럼 이렇게 말할 수 있게 합시다. 우리는 하느님 사랑의 불로 타올라 세상에 하느님의 사랑을 널리 퍼뜨려 모든 사람들에게 전하여 그들 각자가 아버지의 다정하심을 발견하고 마음을 크게 만드시는 예수님, 마음을 크게 만드시고 삶을 아름답게 하시는 예수님의 기쁨을 체험하게 하고 싶습니다. 이를 위해서 거룩하신 동정마리아께 이것을 청합시다. 성령의 불을 환영하신 성모님, 저희를 위하여 중재하여 주소서!

After the Angelus, the Holy Father continued:

Dear brothers and sisters, I wish to draw your attention to the grave humanitarian crisis that afflicts Somalia and various zones of the neighbouring countries. The populations of this region, who already live in very precarious conditions, now find themselves in mortal danger due to drought. I hope that international solidarity can respond effectively to this emergency. Unfortunately, war diverts attention and resources, but these are the objectives that demand the utmost commitment: the fight against hunger, health, and education.

삼종기도 후에

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 소말리아와 주변국의 여러 지역에 닥친 심각한 인도적 위기에 여러분의 주의를 끌고 싶습니다. 이미 매우 위태로운 환경에 살고 있는 이 지역의 주민드른 이제 가뭄으로 인해 치명적인 위험에 처해 있습니다. 국제연대가 이 비상사태에 효과적으로 대응할 수 있기를 바랍니다. 불행하게도 전쟁이 주의와 자원을 다른 곳으로 돌리지만, 기아, 건강, 교육에 대한 투쟁, 이것들이 최대한의 헌신을 요구하는 목표입니다.

I address a warm greeting to you, faithful of Rome and pilgrims from various countries. I see Polish, Ukrainian, French, Italian and Argentine flags! So many pilgrims. I greet, in particular, the educators and catechists from the pastoral unit of Codevigo, Padua, university students of Salesian Youth Movement of Triveneto, and the young people of the pastoral unit of Villafranca, Verona.

로마의 신자들과 여러 나라의 순례자들에게 따뜻한 인사를 전합니다. 폴란드, 우크라이나, 프랑스, 이탈리아, 아르헨티나 국기가 보입니다! 많은 순례자들입니다. 특히 파도바 코데비고 사목단위의 교육자와 교리교사, 트리베네토 살레시오 청년운동 대학생, 베로나 빌라프랑카 사목단위 청년들에게 인사를 드립니다.

And a special thought goes to the many pilgrims who are gathered today at the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Krakow, where twenty years ago Saint John Paul II performed the Act of Entrustment of the World to Divine Mercy. More than ever before, we see today the meaning of that gesture, which we must renew in prayer and in witness of life. Mercy is the way of salvation for every one of us, and for the entire world. And let us ask the Lord for special mercy, mercy and pity for the martyred Ukrainian people.

그리고 20년 전 성 요한 바오로 2세께서 세상을 하느님 자비에 세상을 맡기는 행사를 거행하신 크라쿠프의 하느님 자비의 성지에 오늘 모인 많은 순례자들을 특별히 생각합니다. 그 어느 때보다도 오늘날 우리는 기도와 삶의 증거로 새롭게 해야 하는 그 행위의 의미를 알고 있습니다. 자비는 우리 각자와 전 세계를 위한 구원의 길입니다. 그리고 순교한 우크라이나 사람들을 위한 특별한 자비, 자비와 동정을 주님께 간구합시다.

I wish you all a blessed Sunday. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci, also the young people of the Immacolata.

모두 행복한 일요일 되시기 바랍니다. 그리고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.