영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.08.07)

최고관리자
2022.08.14 16:05 510 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Saint Peter's Square, Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, 7 August 2022

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! In the Gospel of today’s Liturgy, Jesus speaks to the disciples to reassure them of any fear and to invite them to be vigilant. He addresses two fundamental exhortations to them: the first is, “Do not be afraid, little flock” (Lk 12:32); the second is, “Be ready” [literal translation of v. 35 used in the Italian original]. “Do not be afraid” and “be ready”. They are two key words for conquering the fears that paralyze us at times, and to overcome the temptation of a passive, slumbering life. “Do not be afraid” and “Be ready”. Let us look at these two invitations.

프란치스코 교황 삼종 기도, 성 베드로 광장, 연중 제19주일, 2022년 8월 7일

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례 복음에서 예수님은 제자들에게 두려워하지 말라고 안심시키시고 깨어있으라고 말씀하십니다. 예수님은 그들에게 두 가지 근본적인  권고를 하십니다. 첫 번째는 “너희들 작은 양 떼야, 두려워하지 마라.” (루카 12,32) 이고 두 번째는 “준비하고 있어라.” 입니다. [이탈리아어 원문에 사용된 35절의 문자적 번역] “두려워하지 마라”와 “준비하고 있어라.”입니다. 그것은 때때로 우리를 마비시키는 두려움을 이겨내고 소극적이고 무기력한 삶에 대한 유혹을 극복하기 위한 두 가지의 키워드입니다. “두려워하지 마라.”와 “준비하고 있어라.” 이 두 초대를 살펴보겠습니다.

Do not be afraid. First of all, Jesus encourages the disciples. He has just finished speaking to them about the loving and provident care of the Father, who cares for the lilies of the fields and the birds of the air, and therefore, all the more for his children. So there is no need to worry and fret for our lives are firmly in God’s hands. We are heartened by Jesus’ invitation not to fear. Indeed, at times we feel imprisoned by a feeling of distrust and anxiety. It is the fear of failure, of not being acknowledged and loved, the fear of not being able to realize our plans, of never being happy, and so on.

두려워 하지마라. 우선 예수님은 제자들을 격려하십니다. 그분은 방금 들의 백합화와 공중의 새를, 그리고 그분의 자녀들을 훨씬 더 돌보시는 아버지의 사랑과 섭리적인 돌보심에 대해 말씀하셨습니다. 그렇게 우리의 삶이 하느님의 손에 확고히 달려있기 때문에 염려하고 초조해 할 필요가 없습니다. 우리는 두려워하지 말라는 예수님의 초대에 힘을 얻습니다. 사실, 때때로 우리는 불신과 불안에 사로잡혀 있다고 느낍니다. 그것은 실패에 대한 두려움, 인정받지 못하고 사랑받지 못하는 것에 대한 두려움, 우리의 계획을 실현할 수 없다는 두려움, 결코 행복하지 않을 것이라는 두려움 등등입니다.

And so, we struggle to find solutions, to find a space in which to get out of the cycle, to accumulate goods and wealth, to obtain security. And where does this take us? We end up living anxiously and constantly worrying. Instead, Jesus reassures us: Do not be afraid! Trust in the Father who wants to give you all you truly need. He has already given you his Son, his Kingdom, and he will always accompany you with his providence, taking care of you every day. Do not be afraid -- this is the certainty that your hearts should be attached to! Do not be afraid – a heart attached to this certainty. Do not be afraid.

그래서 우리는 해결책을 찾기 위해, 악순환에서 벗어나고, 재화와 부를 축적하고, 안전을 획득할 방법을 찾기 위해 고군분투합니다. 그러나 이것이 우리를 어디로 데려갑니까? 결국 우리는 불안하고 끊임없이 걱정하며 살아가게 됩니다. 반면에 예수님은 우리를 안심시키십니다. 두려워하지 마라! 여러분이 진정으로 필요로 하는 모든 것을 주고 싶어 하시는 아버지를 믿으십시오. 그분은 이미 여러분에게 당신의 아들을, 당신의 왕국을 주셨고 여러분을 매일 돌보시며 항상 당신의 섭리로 여러분을 동반하실 것입니다. 두려워하지 마라 -- 이것이 여러분의 마음이 고정되어야 할 확실성입니다. 두려워하지 마라 -- 마음을 이 확실성에 고정시키십시오. 두려워하지 마라.

But knowing that the Lord watches over us with love does not entitle us to slumber, to let ourselves succumb to laziness! On the contrary, we must be alert, vigilant. Indeed, to love means being attentive to the other, being aware of his or her needs, being willing to listen and welcome, being ready.

그러나 주님이 우리를 사랑으로 돌보시는 것을 아는 것이 우리에게 졸거나 게으름에 빠질 자격을 주지 않습니다. 오히려 우리는 경계하고 깨어있어야 합니다. 실제로, 사랑한다는 것은 상대방에게 주의를 기울이고, 상대방의 필요를 알고, 기꺼이 경청하고 환대하는 것, 준비되어 있음을 의미합니다.

The second word. Be ready. This is the second invitation today. This is Christian wisdom. Jesus repeats this invitation several times. And today he does so through three short parables, centred on the master of a house who, in the first, returns unexpectedly from a wedding banquet; in the second, does not want to be surprised by thieves; and in the third, returns from a long journey. The message in all of them is it is necessary to stay awake, not to fall asleep, that is, not to be distracted, not to give in to inner idleness, because the Lord comes even in situations in which we do not expect him. To be attentive to the Lord, not to go to sleep. We need to stay alert.

두 번째 단어는 준비입니다. 오늘의 두 번째 초대입니다. 이것이 크리스천의 지혜입니다. 예수님은 이 초대를 서너 번 반복하십니다. 오늘 예수님은 세 개의 짧은 비유를 통해 그렇게 하십니다. 첫째는 혼인잔치에서 예기치 않게 돌아오는 집주인, 둘째는 도독의 침입에 놀라고 싶지 않은 주인, 셋째는 긴 여행에서 돌아오는 집 주인을 중심으로 한 예화입니다. 세 예화의 메시지는 주님이 우리가 예상치 못한 때에도 오시기 때문에 우리가 깨어있고, 잠들지 않아야 한다는 것입니다. 즉 산만하지 않고 내적 게으름에 굴복하지 말아야 한다는 것입니다. 주님께 주의를 기울이고 잠들지 않기 위해 우리는 깨어있어야 합니다.

And at the end of our life, he will call us to account for the goods he has entrusted to us. Therefore, being vigilant also means being responsible, that is, safeguarding and administering those goods faithfully. We have received so much: life, faith, family, relationships, work, but also the places where we live, our city, creation. We have received so many things. Let us try to ask ourselves: Do we take care of this inheritance the Lord has left us? Do we safeguard its beauty or do we use things only for ourselves and for our immediate convenience? We have to think a little about this – are we guardians of the creation that has been given to us?

그리고 우리의 삶이 끝날 때, 그분은 그분이 우리에게 맡기신 재화에 대한 셈을 하도록 우리를 부르실 것입니다. 따라서 경계한다는 것은 또한 책임을 진다는 것, 즉 그 재화들을 성실하게 지키고 관리하는 것을 의미합니다. 우리는 많은 것을 받았습니다. 생명, 믿음, 가족, 관계, 일, 뿐만 아니라 우리가 사는 곳, 우리의 도시, 피조물 등을 받았습니다. 우리는 아주 많은 것을 받았습니다. 우리 자신에게 이렇게 자문해 봅시다. 우리는 주님께서 우리에게 남겨주신 이 유산을 돌봅니까? 우리는 그것의 아름다움을 지킵니까? 아니면 우리 자신과 우리의 즉각적인 편의를 위해서만 사용합니까? 우리는 이것에 대해 조금 생각해야 합니다. 우리는 우리에게 주어진 피조물의 수호자입니까?

Brothers and sisters, let us walk without fear, in the certainty that the Lord accompanies us always. And let us stay awake lest we be asleep when the Lord passes by. Saint Augustine used to say, “I am afraid that the Lord will pass by and I will not notice”. To be asleep, and not to notice that the Lord passes by. Stay alert! May the Virgin Mary help us, who welcomed the Lord’s visit and readily and generously said, “Here I am”.

형제자매 여러분, 주님께서 항상 우리와 동행하신다는 확신으로 두려움 없이 걸어갑시다. 그리고 주님이 지나가실 때 우리가 잠들지 않도록 깨어 있으십시오 성 아우구스티누스는 “주님이 지나가시는 것을 제가 알아차리지 못할까봐 두렵습니다.”라고 말하곤 했습니다. 잠들면 주님이 지나가시는 것을 알아차리지 못합니다. 깨어 있으십시오. 주님의 방문을 환영하셨고 기꺼이 “제가 여기에 있습니다.”라고 말씀하셨던 동정 마리아여 저희를 도우소서!
Dear brothers and sisters, I want to welcome with satisfaction the departure of the first ships loaded with grain from the ports of Ukraine. This step demonstrates that it is possible to dialogue and to reach concrete results for everyone’s benefit. Therefore, this event also presents itself as a sign of hope, and I sincerely hope that, following in this direction, there might be an end to combat and that a just and lasting peace might be reached.

삼종기도 후에
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 우크라이나 항구에서 곡물을 실은 첫 배의 출항을 만족스ㄹ헌 마음으로 환영합니다. 이 단계는 대화가 가능하고 모든 사람의 이익을 위한 구체적인 결과에 도달할 수 있음을 보여줍니다. 따라서 이번 사건은 또한 희망의 신호이며, 저는 진심으로 이 방향을 따라서 전투가 종식되고 정의롭고 지속적인 평화에 이르기를 희망합니다.

I sadly learned of the automotive accident that happened yesterday morning in Croatia. Some pilgrims going to Medjugorje lost their lives and others were wounded. May Our Lady intercede for all of them and for their relatives.

슬프게도 어제 아침 크로아티아에서 일어난 자동차 사고에 대해 알았습니다. 메주고리예로 가는 일부 순례자들은 목숨을 잃었고 다른 사람들은 부상을 입었습니다. 성모님께서 그들 모두와 친척들을 위해 전구해 주시기를 빕니다.

Today is the final day of the European Youth Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela postponed from last year’s Holy Year of Compostela. With joy, I cordially bless each young person who has participated, and I bless also all who worked to organized and have accompanied this event. May your lives always be a journey, a journey with Jesus, a journey toward God and toward your brothers and sisters, a journey in service and in joy!

오늘은 작년 콤포스텔라 성년에서 연기된 산티아고 데 콤포스텔라 유럽 청년 순례 마지막 날입니다. 저는 기쁨으로 참가한 모든 젊은이들을 진심으로 축복하며, 이 행사를 준비하고 함께 하기 위해 수고한 모든 이들을 축복합니다. 여러분의 삶이 항상 여행, 예수님과의 여행, 하느님과 형제자매를 향한 여행, 봉사와 기쁨의 여행이길 빕니다.

And I now extend my greeting to you, people from Rome and pilgrims from various countries, especially the faithful from Malta. I greet the group from Crevalcore, the young people from the diocese of Verona, and those from the Oratory of “Don Bosco” from Tollmezzo. I wish all of you a good Sunday. Please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal and arrivederci!

이제 로마에서 온 분들과 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들, 특히 몰타에서 온 신자들에게 인사드립니다. 저는 Crevalcore의 그룹, Verona 교구의 젊은이, Tollmezzo의 "Don Bosco" 성전에서 온 젊은이들을 맞이합니다. 모두 행복한 주일 보내시고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 맛있는 점심 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.