영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.03.27)

최고관리자
2022.03.31 19:09 286 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Forth Sunday of Lent (27 March 2022)

Dear brothers and sisters, happy Sunday, buongiorno! The Gospel for this Sunday’s Liturgy recounts the so-called Parable of the Prodigal Son (cf. Lk 15:11-32). It leads us to God’s heart who always forgives compassionately and tenderly. Always, God always forgives. We are the ones who get tired of asking for forgiveness, but he always forgives. It [the parable] tells us that God is a Father who not only welcomes us back, but rejoices and throws a feast for his son who has returned home after having squandered all his possessions. We are that son, and it is moving to think about how much the Father always loves us and waits for us.

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 사순 4주일 (2022년 3월 27일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 행복한 일요일, 안녕하십니까? 이번 주일 전례의 복음서는 이른바 탕자의 비유를 자세히 설명합니다. (루카 15,11-32 참조) 복음은 우리를 항상 자애롭고 포근하게 용서하시는 하느님의 마음으로 인도합니다. 항상, 하느님은 항상 용서하십니다. 우리가 용서를 청하는데 지친 이들일지언정 그분은 항상 용서하십니다. [비유]는 우리에게 하느님은 우리가 돌아오는 것을 영접할 뿐 아니라 그의 모든 재산을 탕진하고 집으로 돌아온 아들을 위해 기뻐하고 잔치를 베푸는 아버지라고 얘기합니다. 우리는 그 아들이며 그 아버지가 얼마나 우리를 사랑하며 우리를 기다리는가를 생각하면 가슴이 뭉클합니다.

But there is also the older son in the same parable who goes into a crisis in front of this Father. It can put us into crisis as well. In fact, this older son is also within us and, we are tempted to take his side, at least in part: he had always done his duty, he had not left home, and so he becomes indignant on seeing the Father embracing his son again after having behaved so badly. He protests and says: “I have served you for so many years and never disobeyed your command”. Instead, for “this son of yours”, you go so far as to celebrate! (cf. vv. 29-30) “I don’t understand you!” This is the indignation of the older son.

그러나 같은 비유에 이 아버지 앞에서 위기로 빠져드는 큰아들도 있습니다. 우리를 위기에 빠뜨릴 수도 있습니다. 사실, 이 큰 아들도 우리 안에 있고, 우리는 적어도 부분적으로 그의 편을 들고 싶은 유혹을 받습니다. 그는 항상 그의 의무를 다했고 집을 떠나지 않았고 그래서 그는 아버지가 그렇게 나쁜 짓을 한 아들을 다시 안아주는 것을 보고 분개합니다. 그는 항의하며 말합니다. “저는 여러 해 동안 종처럼 아버지를 섬기며 아버지의 명을 한 번도 어기지 않았습니다.” 그런데 “당신의 이 아들”을 위해서 잔치를 벌이기까지 하시는군요! (29-30절 참조) “저는 아버지를 이해할 수 없습니다.” 이것이 큰아들의 분개입니다.

These words illustrate the older son’s problem. He bases his relationship with his Father solely on pure observance of commands, on a sense of duty. This could also be our problem, the problem among ourselves and with God: to lose sight that he is a Father and to live a distant religion, composed of prohibitions and duties. And the consequence of this distance is rigidity towards our neighbour whom we no longer see as a brother or sister. In fact, in the parable, the older son does not say my brother to the Father. No, he says that son of yours, as if to say, “he is not my brother”. In the end, he risks remaining outside of the house. In fact, the text says: “he refused to go in” (v. 28), because the other one was there.

이러한 말은 큰아들의 문제를 보여줍니다. 그는 그의 아버지와의 관계를 순전히 명령의 복종과 의무감에 기초를 두고 있습니다. 이것은 우리의 문제, 우리 자신들 가운데의 그리고 하느님과의 문제가 될 수 있습니다. 그분이 아버지라는 사실을 보지 못하고 금지와 의무로 구성된 먼 거리의 종교를 사는 것입니다. 그리고 이 거리의 결과는 우리가 더 이상 형제나 자매로 보지 않는 이웃에 대한 완고함입니다. 사실 이 비유에서 큰아들은 동생이라고 아버지에게 말하지 않습니다. 그는 마치 “그가 내 동생이 아닙니다.”라고 말하는 것처럼 당신의 아들이라고 말합니다. 결국 그는 집 밖에 남아있는 위험을 집니다. 사실, 본문은 “큰아들은 화가 나서 들어가려고도 하지 않았다.” (28절) 라고 전합니다. 왜냐하면 동생이 안에 있기 때문입니다.

Seeing this, the Father goes out to plead with him: “Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours” (v. 31). He tries to make him understand that for him, every child is all of his life. The ones who know this well are parents, who are very close to feeling like God does. Something a father says in a novel is very beautiful: “When I became a father, I understood God” (H. de Balzac, Il padre Goriot, Milano 2004, 112). At this point in the parable, the Father opens his heart to his older son and expresses two needs, which are not commands, but essentials for his heart: “It was fitting to make merry and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive” (v. 32). Let us see if we too have in our hearts these two things the Father needs: to make merry and rejoice.

이것을 보고 아버지는 나가서 그에게 간청합니다. “얘야, 너는 늘 나와 함께 있고 내 것이 다 네 것이다.” (31절) 그는 그에게 모든 자식이 자신의 삶의 전부라는 것을 이해시키려고 노력합니다. 이것을 잘 아는 사람들은 부모들이고 그들은 하느님이 느끼시는 것을 매우 가까이 느낍니다. 한 아버지가 소설에서 매우 아름다운 말을 합니다. “내가 아버지가 되었을 때 나는 하느님을 이해하게 됐습니다.” (H. de Balzac, Il padre Goriot, Milano 2004, 112). 이 비유의 이 시점에서 아버지는 큰아들에게 자신의 마음을 열고 두 가지의 필요한 것을 표현합니다. 그것들은 명령이 아니고 그의 마음에 필수적인 것입니다. “그러니 즐기고 기뻐해야 한다. 너의 저 아우는 죽었다가 다시 살아났고 내가 잃었다가 되찾았기 때문이다.” (32절) 우리도 우리의 마음 안에 이 아버지가 필요로 하는 두 가지 즉 즐김과 기쁨이 있는지 봅시다.

First of all, to make merry, that is, to demonstrate that we are near to those who repent or who are on the way, to those who are in crisis or who are far away. Why should we do this? Because this helps to overcome the fear and discouragement that can come from remembering one’s sins. Those who have made mistakes often feel reproached in their own hearts. Distance, indifference and harsh words do not help. Therefore, like the Father, it is necessary to offer them a warm welcome that encourages them to go ahead. “But father, he did so many things”: warm welcome. And we, do we do this? Do we look for those who are far away? Do we want to celebrate with them? How much good an open heart, true listening, a transparent smile can do; to celebrate, not to make them feel uncomfortable! The Father could have said: “Okay, son, go back home, go back to work, go to your room, establish yourself and your work! And this would have been a good way to forgive. But no! God does not know how to forgive without celebrating! And the Father celebrates because of the joy he has because his son has returned.

우선 즐거운 것 그것은 우리가 회개하는 사람들 또는 회개의 길에 있는 사람들, 위기에 있는 사람들 또는 멀리 있는 사람들과 가까이 있음을 나타냅니다. 우리가 왜 이것을 해야 합니까? 왜냐하면 이것이 자신의 죄를 기억할 때 올수 있는 두려움과 낙담을 극복하는데 도움이 되기 때문입니다. 실수를 저지른 사람들은 종종 마음속으로 치욕을 느낍니다. 거리감, 무관심, 거친 말은 도움이 되지 않습니다. 그러므로 아버지처럼 그들이 앞으로 나아가도록 용기를 주는 따뜻한 환영을 해야 합니다. “그러나 아버지, 그는 너무 많은 일을 저질렀습니다.” 따뜻한 환영, 우리가, 우리가 이것을 합니까? 멀리 있는 사람들을 찾습니까? 그들과 함께 잔치를 합니까? 열린 마음, 진정한 경청, 투명한 미소가 얼마나 많은 선 (좋은 일) 을 할 수 있습니까? 잔치를 하고 그들이 불편하게 느끼지 않게 하는 것입니다. 아버지는 이렇게 얘기했을 겁니다. “그래, 아들아 집으로 돌아와, 다시 일해, 너의 방으로 가, 자신을 세우고 자신의 일을 계획해! 이것은 용서하는 좋은 방법이었을 것입니다. 그러나 아닙니다. 하느님은 잔치를 벌이지 않고 용서하는 방법을 모르십니다. 아버지는 그의 아들이 돌아와서 자신이 느끼는 기쁨 때문에 잔치를 벌입니다.

And then, like the Father, we need to rejoice. When someone whose heart is synchronized with God’s sees the repentance of a person, they rejoice, no matter how serious their mistakes may have been. Do not stay focused on errors, do not point fingers at what they have done wrong, but rejoice over the good because another person’s good is mine as well! And we, do we know how to rejoice for others?

그리고 나서 우리도 아버지처럼 기뻐해야 합니다. 마음이 하느님의 마음에 동기화된 사람은 사람의 회개를 봅니다. 얼마나 심각한 실수인가를 막론하고 그들은 기뻐합니다. 잘못에 초점을 맞춘 채 있지 말고, 그들이 잘못한 것을 지적하지 말고, 잘 한 일을 기뻐하십시오. 다른 사람의 선이 나의 것이기도 하기 때문입니다. 그리고 우리가 다른 사람을 위해 어떻게 기뻐하는지 압니까?

I would like to recount an imaginary story, but one that helps illustrate the heart of the father. There was a pop theatrical, three or four years ago, about the prodigal son, with the entire story. And at the end, when that son decides to return to his father, he talks about it with a friend and says: “I’m afraid my father will reject me, that he won’t forgive me!” And the friend advised him: “Send a letter to your father and tell him, ‘Father, I have repented, I want to come back home, but I’m not sure that will be happy. If you want to welcome me, please put a white handkerchief in the window’. And then he began his journey. And when he was near home, where the last curve in the road was, he was in front of the house. And what did he see? Not one handkerchief: it was full of white handkerchiefs, the windows, everywhere! The Father welcomes like this, totally, joyfully. This is our Father! May the Virgin Mary teach us how to receive God’s mercy so that it might become the light by which we see our neighbours.

아버지의 마음을 설명하는데 도움이 되는 가상의 이야기를 들려드리겠습니다. 3, 4년 전 탕자에 관한 팝 연극이 있었는데 탕자의 이야기 전체를 담고 있었습니다. 연극의 마지막에 아들이 아버지에게로 돌아가기로 결정할 때 친구와 얘기합니다. “나는 아버지가 나를 거부하고 용서하지 않을까봐 두려워!” 친구가 그에게 조언을 했습니다. “너의 아버지에게 편지를 보내. ‘아버지 제가 회개했습니다. 집에 돌아가고 싶습니다. 그러나 그것이 행복할지 확신이 가지 않습니다. 저를 환영하시면 창문에 흰 손수건을 걸어주십시오.’ 그리고 그는 여정을 떠났습니다. 그리고 집 가까이 갔을 때, 길의 마지막 커브를 돌아 집 앞에 도착했을 때 무엇을 보았을까요? 하나의 손수건이 아니었습니다. 흰 손수건으로 온통 덮여 있었습니다. 창문들 그리고 집 전체를 덥고 있었습니다. 아버지는 이렇게 환영합니다. 전적으로, 기쁘게 환영합니다. 이것이 우리의 아버지입니다. 동정 마리아님, 하느님의 자비를 어떻게 받는지 가르쳐 주시어, 그 자비가 빛이 되어 그 빛으로 우리가 이웃을 보게 하소서!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Angelus:
Dear brothers and sisters, More than a month has gone by since the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine, of the beginning of this cruel and senseless war, that, like every war, represents a defeat for everyone, for everyone of us. We need to reject war, a place of death where fathers and mothers bury their children, where men kill their brothers and sisters without even having seen them, where the powerful decide and the poor die.

삼종기도 후에
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 우크라이나 침공이 시작된 지, 모든 전쟁과 마찬가지로 우리 모두의 패배를 의미하는 이 잔인하고 무의미한 전쟁이 시작된 지 한 달이 넘었습니다. 우리는 전쟁을 거부해야 합니다. 전쟁은 아버지와 어머니가 자식을 매장하는, 만난 적도 없는 형제자매를 죽이는, 권력자가 결정하고 가난한자가 죽는 죽음의 장소입니다.

War does not devastate the present only, but the future of a society as well. I read that from the beginning of the aggression in Ukraine, one of every two children has been displaced from their country. This means destroying the future, causing dramatic trauma in the smallest and most innocent among us. This is the bestiality of war – a barbarous and sacrilegious act!

전쟁은 현재뿐만 아니라 사회의 미래도 황폐화시킵니다. 저는 우크라이나의 침략이 시작된 이후 어린이 두 명 중 한 명이 고향을 떠나야 했다고 읽었습니다. 이것은 미래를 파괴하고 우리 중 가장 작고 무고한 어린이들에게 극적인 트라우마를 유발한 것을 의미합니다. 이것이 야만적이고 신성모독적인 전쟁의 짐승 같은 잔인함입니다.

War should not be something that is inevitable. We should not accustom ourselves to war. Instead, we need to convert today’s anger into a commitment for tomorrow, because if, after what is happening, we remain like we were before, we will all be guilty in some way. Before the danger of self-destruction, may humanity understand that the moment has come to abolish war, to erase it from human history before it erases human history.

전쟁은 피할 수 없는 것이 되어서는 안 됩니다. 우리는 전쟁에 익숙해져서는 안 됩니다. 대신에 우리는 오늘의 분노를 내일에 대한 각오로 바꿔야 합니다. 우리가 지금 일어나는 일이 끝난 후에 우리가 예전과 같이 남아있게 되면 우리 모두는 어떤 식으로든 죄를 범하게 될 것이기 때문입니다. 자멸의 위험 앞에서 인류가 전쟁이 인간의 역사를 지우기 전에 전쟁을 없애고 인류 역사에서 전쟁을 지워야 할 순간이 왔다는 것을 깨닫게 하소서!

I beg every political leader to reflect on this, to dedicate themselves to this! And, looking on battered Ukraine to understand how each day of war worsens the situation for everyone. Therefore, I renew my appeal: Enough. Stop it. Silence the weapons. Move seriously toward peace. Let us continue to pray untiringly to the Queen of Peace, to whom we consecrated humanity, in particular Russia and Ukraine, with such a huge and intense participation for which I thank all of you. Let us pray together. Hail Mary….

저는 모든 정치 지도자들이 이것에 대해 숙고하고 이것에 헌신하기를 간청합니다! 그리고 타격을 입은 우크라이나를 바라보며, 전쟁이 매일 모든 사람의 상황을 악화시킨다는 것을 이해합니다. 그러므로 저는 다시 호소합니다. 이제 그만 멈추십시오. 무기들을 침묵시키십시오. 진지하게 평화를 향해 나아가십시오. 우리가 인류를 특히 러시아와 우크라이나를 봉헌한 평화의 여왕께 지속적으로 지치지 말고 기도합시다. 이 장엄 봉헌식에 대규모로 열렬하게 참여한 여러분 모두에게 감사드립니다. 함께 기도합시다. 은총이 가득하신 마리아님 기뻐하소서.......

I greet all of you from Rome and pilgrims from Italy and from various countries. In particular, I greet the members of the faithful from Mexico, Madrid and Lyon; the students from Pamplona and Huelva, and young people from various countries who participated in formation in Loppiano. I greet the parishioners of Our Lady of in Roma, and those from Saint George in Bosco, Bassano del Grappa and Gela; the Confirmation candidates from Frascati and the “Friends of Zacchaeus” groups from Reggio Emilia; as well as the Commission promoting the Perugia-Assisi March for Peace and Fraternity who have come with a group of schoolchildren to renew their commitment to peace.

로마에서 오신 여러분과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 오신 순례자 여러분께 인사를 드립니다. 특히 멕시코, 마드리드, 리옹의 신자들에게 인사를 드립니다. 팜플로나와 우엘바에서 온 학생들과 Loppiano에서 양성에 참여한 여러 나라의 젊은이들. 저는 로마의 성모님과 보스코의 성 조지, 바사노 델 그라파, 젤라의 본당 신자들에게 인사 드립니다. Frascati의 견진 후보와 레지오 에밀리아의 "사캐오의 친구들" 그룹; 평화에 대한 그들의 약속을 새롭게 하기 위해 학생들의 그룹과 함께 온 페루자-아시시 평화와 형제애를 위한 행진을 증진하는 위원회도 있습니다.

I greet those participating in the Rome Marathon. This year, through an initiative of Vatican Athletes, a number of athletes are involved in an initiative of solidarity with people who are in need in the city. Congratulations to you!

로마마라톤에 참가하시는 분들께 인사드립니다. 올해 바티칸 선수단의 주도로 많은 선수들이 도시의 도움이 필요한 사람들과의 연대에 참여하고 있습니다. 축하합니다.

Precisely two years ago, in this piazza, we lifted up our plea for the end of the pandemic. Today, we have done so for an end to the war in Ukraine. At the Square’s entrances, you will be given a book as a gift, produced by the Vatican Covid-19 Commission with the Dicastery for Communication. It is an invitation to pray without fear during moments of difficulty, always having faith in the Lord. I hope all of you have a good Sunday and, please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci.

정확히 2년 전 이 광장에서 우리는 전염병의 종식을 호소했습니다. 오늘 우리는 우크라이나 전쟁을 끝내기 위해 그렇게 했습니다. 광장 입구에서 바티칸 코비드-19 위원회가 소통을 위한 Discastery 함께 제작한 책을 선물로 드립니다. 어려움의 순간에도 항상 주님께 대한 신앙으로 두려움 없이 기도하라는 초대입니다. 모두 즐거운 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시고, 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.