영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.03.20)

최고관리자
2022.03.31 19:08 253 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Third Sunday of Lent (20 March 2022)

Dear brothers and sisters, happy Sunday! We are at the heart of our Lenten journey, and today the Gospel begins by presenting Jesus who comments on some news of the day. While people still remember the eighteen who died when a tower collapsed on them, they tell Him about some Galileans whom Pilate had killed (cf. Lk 13:1). And there is a question that seems to accompany these tragic affairs: who is to blame for these terrible events? Perhaps those people were guiltier than others and God punished them? These are questions that also come up today. When bad news weighs on us and we feel powerless before evil, we often ask ourselves: is it perhaps a punishment from God? Did He bring about a war or a pandemic to punish us for our sins? And why does the Lord not intervene?

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 사순 3주일 (2022년 3월 20일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 행복한 주일 보내고 계시지요? 우리는 사순절 여정의 중심에 있으며, 오늘 복음은 그날의 어떤 뉴스에 대해 언급하시는 예수님을 소개하며 시작됩니다. 탑이 무너졌을 때 죽은 18명을 아직 기억하고 있는 사람들은 빌라도가 죽인 갈릴래아 사람들에 대해 예수님에게 얘기합니다. (루카 13,1 참조) 그리고 이러한 비극적인 일에 수반되는 것처럼 보이는 질문이 있습니다. 이 끔찍한 사건들에 대해 누구를 탓해야 할까요? 그 사람들이 다른 사람들보다 더 많은 죄를 지어서 하느님이 그들을 벌하셨을까요? 이런 것들이 오늘날에도 나오는 질문들입니다. 나쁜 소식이 우리를 짓누르고 악 앞에 무력함을 느낄 때 우리는 종종 스스로에게 묻습니다. 이것이 하느님의 징벌일까? 그분이 우리의 죄를 벌하기 위해 전쟁 또는 전염병을 일으키셨나? 그리고 주님은 왜 개입하지 않으시지?

We must be careful: when evil oppresses us, we risk losing our clarity and, to find an easy answer to what we are unable to explain, we end up putting the blame on God. And so often the very bad habit of using profanities comes from this. How often we attribute to Him our woes and misfortunes in the world, to Him who instead leaves us always free and hence never intervenes imposing, but only proposing; He who never uses violence and instead suffers for us and with us! Indeed, Jesus refuses and contests strongly the idea of blaming God for our evils: those persons who were killed by Pilate and those who died when the tower collapsed on them were not any more at fault than others, and they were not victims of a ruthless and vindictive God, which does not exist! Evil can never come from God because "He does not deal with us according to our sins" (Ps 103:10), but according to His mercy. This is God’s style. He cannot treat us otherwise. He always treats us with mercy.

우리는 조심해야 합니다. 악이 우리를 짓누를 때 우리는 우리의 명료함을 잃을 위험이 있으며 우리가 설명할 수 없는 것에 대한 쉬운 답을 찾기 위해서 결국 하느님을 탓하게 됩니다. 그리고 종종 욕설을 사용하는 아주 나쁜 습관이 이것으로부터 옵니다. 우리는 얼마나 자주 세상에서 우리의 걱정과 불행을 그분의 탓으로 돌립니까! 그러나 그분은 우리를 항상 자유롭게 놔두시고 그래서 절대로 강요하지 않으시고 제안만 하십니다. 절대로 폭력을 사용하지 않으시는 하느님은 대신에 우리를 위해 우리와 함께 고통을 당하십니다. 진정 예수님은 우리의 죄악에 대해 하느님을 비난하는 생각을 거부하시고 강하게 반대하십니다. 빌라도에게 살해당한 사람들과 탑이 무너져 죽은 사람들은 다른 사람들보다 더 잘못을 저지르지 않았고 그들은 무자비하고 복수하는 하느님의 희생자들이 아닙니다. 그런 하느님은 존재하지 않습니다. 악은 절대로 하느님으로부터 올 수 없습니다. 왜냐하면 “그분은 우리의 죄에 따라 우리를 대하지 않으시고,” (시편 103,10) 그분의 자비에 따라 우리를 대하시기 때문입니다. 이것이 하느님의 스타일입니다. 그분은 우리를 달리 대하지 않으십니다. 그분은 항상 우리를 자비로 대하십니다.

Rather than blaming God, Jesus says we need to look inside ourselves: it is sin that produces death; our selfishness can tear apart relationships; our wrong and violent choices can unleash evil. At this point the Lord offers the true solution, and that is conversion: He says, "unless you repent you will all likewise perish" (Lk 13:5). It is an urgent call, especially during this time of Lent. Let us welcome it with an open heart. Let us turn from evil, let us renounce the sin that seduces us, let us be open to the logic of the Gospel because where love and fraternity reign, evil has no more power!

하느님을 원망하기보다는 우리 자신의 내면을 들여다볼 필요가 있다고 예수님이 말씀하십니다. 죽음을 낳는 것은 죄입니다. 우리의 이기심은 관계를 깨뜨릴 수 있습니다. 우리의 그릇되고 폭력적인 선택은 악을 불러일으킬 수 있습니다. 이 시점에서 주님은 진정한 해결책을 제시하십니다. 그것은 회개입니다. “너희도 회개하지 않으면 모두 그렇게 멸망할 것이다.” (루카 13,5) 라고 말씀하십니다. 그것은 특히 사순절 기간에 긴급한 요청입니다. 열린 마음으로 그것을 환영합시다. 악에서 돌아서고, 우리를 유혹하는 죄를 버리고, 복음의 논리에 마음을 엽시다. 사랑과 형제애가 지배하는 곳에 악은 더 이상의 힘이 없기 때문입니다.

But Jesus knows that conversion is not easy, and he wants to help us here, given that so many times we repeat the same mistakes and the same sins. We can become discouraged, and sometimes our commitment to do good can seem useless in a world where evil seems to rule. So, after his appeal, He encourages us with a parable that tells of the patience God has for us. We must keep in mind God’s patience that He has for us. He offers the consoling image of fig tree that does not bear fruit during the accorded season, but it is not cut down. He gives it more time, another possibility. I like thinking that a nice name for God could be “the God of another possibility”: God always gives us another opportunity, always, always. That is what His mercy is like. This is how the Lord works with us. He does not cut us out of his love. He does not lose heart or tire of offering us again
His trust with tenderness.

그러나 예수님은 회개가 쉽지 않다는 것을 아십니다. 우리가 같은 실수와 같은 죄를 반복하는 상황에서 우리를 돕기를 원하십니다. 우리는 낙심할 수 있으며 때로는 악이 지배하는 것 같은 세상에서 선을 행하겠다는 우리의 결심이 쓸모없는 것처럼 보일 수 있습니다. 그래서 회개를 호소하신 후에 예수님은 하느님이 우리를 위해 베푸시는 인내에 대한 비유로 우리를 격려하십니다. 우리는 우리를 위해 취하신 하느님의 인내를 기억해야 합니다. 예수님은 제철에 열매를 맺지 아니하여도 잘려나가지 않는 무화과나무의 위안이 되는 이미지를 제공하십니다. 그분은 무화과나무에게 더 많은 시간, 또 다른 기회를 주십니다. 저는 하느님의 좋은 이름은 “또 다른 가능성의 하느님”일 수 있다는 생각을 좋아합니다. 하느님은 항상 우리에게 또 다른 기회를 주십니다. 항상 그러하십니다. 바로 그분의 자비가 그러합니다. 주님께서 이렇게 우리와 일하십니다. 그분은 그분의 사랑에서 우리를 끊어내지 않으십니다. 그분은 우리에게 다정함으로 그분의 신뢰를 다시 주시는 데에 낙심하거나 지치지 않으십니다.

Brothers and sisters, God believes in us! God trusts us and accompanies us with patience, the patience of God with us. He does not get discouraged, but always instills hope in us. God is Father and looks after you like a father. As the best of fathers, He does not look at the achievements you have not yet reached, but the fruits you can still bear. He does not keep track of your shortcomings but encourages your potential. He does not dwell on your past, but confidently bets on your future. This is because God is close to us. Let us not forget that the style of God is closeness, He is close with mercy and tenderness. In this way God accompanies us: with closeness, mercy, and tenderness.

형제자매 여러분, 하느님은 우리를 믿으십니다. 하느님은 우리를 믿으시고, 인내심을 가지고 우리를 동반하십니다. 하느님의 인내가 우리와 함께 합니다. 그분은 낙심하지 않으시고 항상 우리에게 희망을 심어주십니다. 하느님은 아버지이시고, 아버지처럼 우리를 돌보십니다. 최고의 아버지로 그분은 여러분이 아직 이루지 못한 성취를 보지 않으시고 여러분이 아직 맺을 수 있는 열매를 보십니다. 그분은 여러분의 결점을 추적하지 않으시고 여러분의 가능성을 격려하십니다. 그분은 여러분의 과거에 머무르지 않으시고 여러분의 미래에 자신 있게 내기를 거십니다. 이것은 하느님이 우리와 가까이 계시기 때문입니다. 하느님의 스타일은 친밀함이라는 것을 잊지 맙시다. 그분은 자비와 다정함으로 가까이 계십니다. 이렇게 하느님은 친밀함, 자비, 그리고 다정함을 지니고 우리를 동반하십니다. 

So let us ask the Blessed Virgin Mary to fill us with hope and courage, and kindle in us the desire for conversion.

이제 복되신 동정 마리아께 우리를 희망과 용기로 채우시고 우리 안에 회개의 열망을 불붙여 주십사고 청합시다.

Dear brothers and sisters, Unfortunately, the violent aggression against Ukraine does not stop, a senseless massacre where every day there is a repetition of slaughter and atrocities. There is no justification for this! I plead with all those involved in the international community to truly commit to ending this abhorrent war.

삼종기도 후에
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 불행히도 우크라이나에 대한 폭력적인 공격은 멈추지 않고 있습니다. 그것은 매일 학살과 잔학 행위가 반복되는 무의미한 대량학살입니다. 이것에 대한 정당성은 없습니다! 저는 이 끔찍한 전쟁을 끝내기 위해 진정으로 헌신할 것을 국제 공동체에 관련된 모든 사람들에게 간청합니다.

This week again missiles and bombs have fallen on civilians, the elderly, children, and pregnant mothers. I went to see the wounded children who are here in Rome. One was missing an arm; one had a head injury...innocent children. I think of the millions of Ukrainian refugees who must flee leaving everything behind, and I feel a great pain for those who do not even have the possibility to escape. So many grandparents, sick and poor people separated from their own families, so many children and fragile people are left to die under the bombs without being able to receive help and find safety even in the air raid shelters. All this is inhuman! Indeed, it is also sacrilegious because it goes against the sacredness of human life, especially against defenseless human life, which must be respected and protected, not eliminated, and this comes before any strategy! Let us not forget it is inhuman and sacrilegious cruelty! Let us pray in silence for those who are suffering.

이번 주에도 민간인, 노인, 어린이, 임산부에게 미사일과 폭탄이 떨어졌습니다. 저는 여기 로마에 있는 부상당한 아이들을 만나러 갔습니다. 한 명은 팔을 잃었고, 한 명은 머리를 다쳤습니다. 아무 죄도 없는 어린이들입니다. 모든 것을 남겨두고 떠나야 하는 수백만 명의 우크라이나 난민들을 생각하고, 탈출의 기회조차 갖지 못한 이들을 생각할 때 큰 고통을 느낍니다. 많은 할머니 할아버지들과 병자와 가난한 사람들이 가족과 이별하고, 많은 어린이와 연약한 사람들이 아무 도움도 뭇 받은 채, 그리고 공습대피소 같은 안전한 곳을 찾지 못한 채 폭격 아래 죽어가도록 방치되어 있습니다. 이 모든 것이 비인간적입니다. 참으로 그것은 신성모독입니다. 인간생명의 신성함에, 특별히 무방비 상태의 인간 생명에 역행하는 것이기 때문에 그렇습니다. 인간 생명은 존중되고, 제거되지 않고, 보호되어야 합니다. 그리고 이것은 어떠한 전략보다 앞에 있어야 합니다. 비인간적이고 신성모독적인 잔혹행위임을 잊지 맙시다. 고통을 당하고 있는 사람들을 위해 잠시 침묵 중에 기도합시다.

It comforts me to know that the people left under the bombs do not lack the closeness of their pastors, who in these tragic days are living the Gospel of charity and fraternity. I have spoken with some of them on the phone during these days, they are close to the people of God. Thank you, dear brothers and sisters, for this witness and for the concrete support you are offering courageously to so many desperate people! I also think of the apostolic nuncio, who was just made a nuncio, Archbishop Visvaldas Kulbokas, who since the beginning of the war has stayed in Kyiv together with his collaborators and who with his presence brings me close every day to the martyred Ukrainian people.

폭탄 아래 남겨진 사람들이 그들의 본당신부님들과의 친밀함이 부족하지 않다는 사실이 저에게 위안을 줍니다. 그 본당 신부님들은 이 비극적인 시대에 사랑과 형제애의 복음을 실천하고 있는 분들입니다. 저는 요 며칠 그들 중 몇 분하고 전화통화를 했으며 그들은 하느님의 백성들과 가까이 있습니다. 사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 이 증거와 수많은 절망적인 사람에게 용기 있게 여러분이 제공하고 있는 구체적인 지원에 대해 감사합니다. 저는 또한 막 대사가 된 교황 대사인 비스발다스 쿨보카스(Visvaldas Kulbokas) 대주교를 생각합니다. 그는 전쟁이 시작될 때부터 그의 협력자들과 함께 키이우에 머물러 있고 그의 현존으로 제가 매일 순교한 우크라이나 사람들에게 가까이 있게 해줍니다.

Let us be close to this people, let us embrace them with affection, with concrete commitment and prayer. And please, let us not get used to war and violence! Let us not tire of welcoming them with generosity as we are doing now not only during the emergency, but also in the weeks and months to come. As you know at first, we do all we can to welcome everyone, but then we can get used to it, and our hearts cool a bit, and we forget about it. Let us think of these women and children who in time, without work, separated from their husbands, will be sought out by the ‘vultures’ of society. Please, let us protect them.

이 백성에게 가까이 다가가서 애정과 구체적인 헌신과 기도로 그들을 껴안읍시다. 그리고 제발 전쟁과 폭력에 익숙해지지 맙시다! 지금처럼 긴급 상황에서 뿐만 아니라 앞으로 몇 주, 몇 달에 걸쳐 관대하게 그들을 환영하는 데 지치지 않도록 합시다. 처음에는 알다시피 우리는 모든 사람을 환영하기 위해 최선을 다하지만 나중에는 익숙해지고 마음이 조금 식어서 잊어버립니다. 이 여인들과 어린이들을 생각합시다. 직업 없이, 그들의 남편들과 헤어진 그들은 시간이 지나면서 사회의 ‘독수리들’에게 쫓기게 될 것입니다. 제발 그들을 보호합시다.

I invite every community and all the faithful to unite with me on Friday 25 March, the Solemnity of the Annunciation, for the Solemn Act of Consecration of humanity, especially Russia and Ukraine, to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, so that she, the Queen of Peace, may help us obtain peace.

저는 모든 공동체와 모든 신자들이 주님 탄생 예고 대축일인 3월 25일 금요일에 평화의 여왕이신 성모님께서 저희가 평화를 얻는데 도우시도록, 인류, 특히 러시아와 우크라이나의 백성들을, 원죄 없으신 성모 성심께 봉헌하는 장엄한 봉헌식에 저와 함께 하도록 초대합니다.

I greet all of you, Romans and pilgrims who have come from Italy and various countries. In particular, I greet the faithful from Madrid, the international group “Agorà degli abitanti della terra”, the doctors and rescuers of the 118 Emergency Service, the Rinnovamento Carismatico Cattolico “Charis” – the only one officially recognized, “Charis”, not others -, and the members of the Focolari Movement. I greet the Piccolo Coro dell’Antoniano di Bologna choir with the band from the Polizia di Stato, the “Ensemble Vox Cordis” choir of Fornovo San Giovanni, the “San Vincenzo Grossi” choir of Pizzighettone, the young people of the profession of faith of Angera, Sesto Calende e Ternate, the pilgrimage of the Diocese of Asti, and the faithful from Venice and Sassari.

이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 오신 로마인과 순례자 여러분께 인사를 드립니다. 특히 마드리드의 신자들, 국제 단체 “Agorà degli abitanti della terra”, 118 응급구조대의 의사와 구조대원들, 공식적으로 인정된 유일한 “Charis”, Rinnovamento Carismatico Cattolico “Charis”에게 인사드립니다. 기타 - 및 Focolari 운동의 구성원. Piccolo Coro dell'Antoniano di Bologna 합창단과 Polizia di Stato의 밴드, Fornovo San Giovanni의 "Ensemble Vox Cordis" 합창단, Pizzighettone의 "San Vincenzo Grossi" 합창단, 신앙 고백의 젊은이들Angera의 Sesto Calende e Ternate, Asti 교구의 순례, 베니스와 Sassari의 신자들에게 인사합니다.

I wish all of you a good Sunday. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Have a good lunch and arrivederci.

모두 주일 잘 보내십시오. 그리고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 잘 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.