영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.02.20)

최고관리자
2022.03.02 09:35 226 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Seventh Sunday of Ordinary Time (20 February 2022)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! In the Gospel of today’s Liturgy, Jesus gives some basic life guidance to the disciples. The Lord refers to the most difficult situations, those that constitute the litmus test for us, those that confront us with those who are enemies and hostile to us, those who are always trying to do us harm. In such cases, the disciple of Jesus is called not to give in to instinct and hatred, but to go further, much further. Go beyond instinct, go beyond hatred. Jesus says: “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you” (Lk 6:27). And even more concretely: “To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also” (v. 29). When we hear this, it seems that the Lord is asking the impossible. And then, why love your enemies? If you do not react to the bullies, every abuse of power is given free rein, and this is not right. But is it really so? Does the Lord really ask impossible and indeed even unjust things of us? Is it so?

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 연중 제 7주일 (2022년 2월 20일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례 복음에서 예수님은 제자들에게 몇 가지 기본적인 삶의 지침을 주십니다. 주님은 가장 어려운 상황, 즉 우리에게 리트머스 시험이 되는 상황, 우리가 원수이며 적대적인 사람들을 대면하는 상황, 항상 우리에게 해를 입히려고 하는 사람들을 대면하는 상황을 언급하십니다. 그럴 때 예수님의 제자는 본능과 증오에 굴복하지 말고 더 멀리, 더 멀리 나아가라는 부르심을 받습니다. 본능을 넘어서 증오를 넘어서 가는 것입니다. 예수님은 말씀하십니다. “너희는 원수를 사랑하여라. 너희를 미워하는 자들에게 잘해 주어라.” (루카 6,27) 그리고 훨씬 더 구체적으로 말씀하십니다. “네 뺨을 때리는 자에게 다른 뺨을 내밀어라.” (29절) 우리가 이것을 들을 때 주님이 불가능한 것을 요구하시는 것 같습니다. 그렇다면 왜 적을 사랑합니까? 괴롭힘에 반응하지 않으면 모든 권한남용이 자유롭게 되며 이것은 옳지 않습니다. 하지만 정말 그렇습니까? 주님은 정말로 불가능하고 참으로 불의한 일까지 우리에게 요구하십니까? 그렇습니까?

Let us consider first and foremost that sense of injustice that we feel in “turning the other cheek”. And let us think of Jesus. During the passion, in his unjust trial before the high priest, at one point he receives a slap from one of the guards. And how does He react? He does not insult him, no: he says to the guard, “If I have spoken wrongly, bear witness to the wrong; but if I have spoken rightly, why do you strike me?” (Jn 18:23). He asks for an account of the wrong done to him. Turning the other cheek does not mean suffering in silence, giving in to injustice. Jesus, with his question, denounces what is unjust. But he does so without anger, without violence, indeed with kindness. He does not wish to spark off an argument, but rather to defuse resentment, this is important: to extinguish hatred and injustice together, seeking to restore the guilty brother. This is not easy, but Jesus did it and he tells us to do likewise.

우리가 “다른 쪽 뺨을 돌리는 것”에 대해 느끼는 그 부정의의 생각을 무엇보다 먼저 생각해봅시다. 그리고 예수님을 생각합시다. 수난 중에 대제사장 앞에서의 부당한 재판 중 어느 한 순간 예수님은 간수로부터 뺨을 맞습니다. 예수님은 어떻게 반응하십니까? 그분은 그를 모욕하지 않으십니다. 예수님은 경비에게 이렇게 말씀하십니다. “내가 잘못 이야기하였다면 그 잘못의 증거를 대 보아라. 그러나 내가 옳게 이야기하였다면 왜 나를 치느냐?” (요한 18,23) 예수님은 자신에게 행한 잘못의 설명을 요구하십니다. 다른 쪽 뺨을 돌리는 것은 침묵 속에 고통을 받고, 불의에 굴복하는 것을 뜻하지 않습니다. 예수님은 질문과 함께 불의한 것을 질책하십니다. 그러나 그분은 분노 없이, 폭력 없이, 참으로 친절하게 그렇게 하십니다. 그분은 논쟁을 일으키기를 원하지 않으시고 오히려 원한을 진정시키기를 원하십니다. 이것은 중요합니다. 증오와 불의를 함께 소멸시키고 죄를 범한 형제를 회복시키려고 합니다. 이것은 쉽지 않습니다만 예수님이 그것을 하셨고 우리도 그렇게 하라고 말씀하십니다.

This is turning the other cheek: Jesus’ mildness is a stronger response to the slap he received. Turning the other cheek is not the withdrawal of the loser, but the action of one who has a greater inner strength. Turning the other cheek means defeating evil with the goodness that opens up a breach in the heart of the enemy, unmasking the absurdity of his hatred. And this attitude, this turning the other cheek, is dictated not by calculation or by hatred, but by love. Dear brothers and sisters, it is the freely given, undeserved love we receive from Jesus that generates in the heart a way of doing things that is similar to his, that rejects all vengeance. We are accustomed to revenge: “You did this to me, I will do that to you”, or to bearing a grudge in our heart, resentment that harms, destroys the person.

이것이 다른 뺨을 돌리는 것입니다. 예수님의 온화함이 그가 받은 공격에 대한 더 강한 반응입니다. 다른 뺨을 돌리는 것은 패자의 철수가 아니라 더 큰 내면의 힘을 가진 사람의 행동입니다. 다른 쪽 뺨을 돌리는 것은 선으로 악을 물리치고 적의 마음의 상처를 열고 그의 증오의 부조리를 드러내는 것을 뜻합니다. 다른 뺨을 돌리는 이 태도는 계산이나 증오가 아닌 사랑에 의해 결정됩니다. 친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 우리가 예수님으로부터 받는 것은 거저이고 과분한 사랑입니다. 그 사랑은 모든 복수를 거부하는 그분의 행동과 비슷한 행동을 하도록 마음먹게 합니다. 우리는 복수하는데 익숙합니다. “네가 나에게 이것을 했으니 나도 그것을 너에게 하겠다.” 또는 그 사람에게 해를 끼치고 파괴하는 앙심, 분노를 우리 마음에 갖는 것에 익숙합니다.

Let us come to another objection: it is possible for a person to come to love his or her enemies? If it depended only on us, it would be impossible. But let us recall that, when the Lord asks for something, he wishes to give it. The Lord never asks for something he has not already given us first. When he tells me to love my enemies, he wants to give me the capacity to do so. Without that ability, we would not be capable, but he tells you to “love your enemy” and gives you the capacity to love. Saint Augustine prayed in this way – listen to this beautiful prayer: Lord, “give what you command, and command what you will” (Confessions, X, 29.40), because you have already given it to me. What should we ask of him? What is God happy to give us? The strength to love, which is not a thing, but rather the Holy Spirit. The strength to love is the Holy Spirit, and with the Spirit of Jesus, we can respond to evil with good, we can love those who do us harm. This is what Christians do. How sad it is, when people and populations proud to be Christians see others as enemies and think to wage war against each other! It is very sad.

또 다른 이의를 제기해 보겠습니다. 사람이 자신의 적을 사랑하게 되는 것이 가능합니까? 우리의 힘으로만 한다면 불가능할 것입니다. 그러나 주님이 무엇인가를 청하실 때 그것을 주고 싶어 하신다는 것을 기억합시다. 주님은 우리에게 먼저 주지 않은 것을 결코 요구하지 않으십니다. 그분이 나의 원수들을 사랑하라고 말씀하실 때, 그분은 나에게 그렇게 할 수 있는 능력을 주고 싶어 하십니다. 그런 능력 없이 우리는 할 수 없었을 것이지만 그분은 “너의 원수를 사랑하라.”고 여러분에게 말씀하시고 사랑할 수 있는 능력을 주십니다. 성 아우구스티노는 이렇게 기도했습니다. 이 아름다운 기도를 경청하십시오. 주님, “명령하신대로 주시고 원하시는대로 명령하십시오.” (고백록, X, 29.40) 왜냐하면 당신은 이미 그것을 저에게 주셨기 때문입니다. 그분에게 무엇을 청해야 할까요? 하느님이 우리에게 무엇을 기쁘게 주십니까? 사랑하는 힘, 물질이 아니고 성령이십니다. 사랑하는 힘은 성령이십니다. 예수님의 영으로 우리는 악을 선으로 응답할 수 있고 우리에게 해를 끼치는 사람들을 사랑할 수 있습니다. 이것이 크리스천들이 하는 일입니다. 그리스천임을 자랑스럽게 생각하는 사람들과 백성들이 다른 사람들을 적으로 보고 서로 전쟁을 일으킬 생각을 하는 것은 참으로 슬픈 일입니다. 매우 슬픕니다.

And us, shall we try to live following Jesus’ invitations? Think of someone who has wronged us. Each one of you, think of a person. It is common for us to be hurt by someone; think of that person. Perhaps we hold a grudge within. So, let us set alongside this resentment the image of Jesus, meek, during the trial, after the slap. And then let us ask the Holy Spirit to act in our heart. Finally, let us pray for that person: let us pray for those who have done us harm (see Lk 6:28). When people harm us, we immediately go and tell others and we feel we are victims. Let us stop, and pray to the Lord for that person, that he might help him or her, and so this feeling of resentment will be dispelled. Praying for those who have wronged us is the first step to transforming evil into good. Prayer. May the Virgin Mary help us be workers of peace towards everyone, especially those who are hostile to us and whom we do not like.

그러면 우리 예수님의 초청에 따라 살려고 노력해보실까요? 우리에게 잘못한 사람을 생각해보십시오. 여러분 모두 각자가 그런 사람을 생각해보십시오. 우리가 어떤 사람으로부터 상처를 받는 것은 흔한 일입니다. 그 사람을 생각하십시오. 어쩌면 우리는 마음속에 앙심을 품고 있을지 모릅니다. 그래서 이 분노와 나란히 시련 중의 예수님, 뺨을 맞은 후의 예수님의 온유한 모습을 그려보십시오. 그리고 성령께 우리 마음을 움직여 주십사고 청합시다. 마지막으로 그 사람을 위해 기도합시다. 우리에게 해를 끼친 사람들을 위해 기도합시다. (루카 6,28 참조) 누가 우리에게 해를 끼치면 우리는 즉시 다른 사람들에게 가서 말합니다. 그리고 우리가 희생자라고 느낍니다. 멈추어서 주님께서 그를 도와주시도록 기도합시다. 그러면 분개심이 사라질 것입니다. 우리에게 잘못한 사람들을 위해 기도하는 것이 악을 선으로 바꾸는 첫 걸음입니다. 기도가 첫걸음입니다. 동정 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 모든 사람들, 특별히 우리에게 적대적이고 우리가 싫어하는 사람들에게 평화의 일꾼이 되게 하소서.

After the Angelus
Dear brothers and sisters! I express my closeness to the populations stricken in recent days by natural disasters. I think in particular of the south-east of Madagascar, ravaged by a series of cyclones, and the area of Petropolis in Brazil, devastated by floods and landslides. May the Lord receive the victims in his peace, console their relatives and support those who come to their aid.

삼종기도 후에
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 최근 자연재해로 인해 피해를 입은 분들에게 마음으로 가까이 있음을 표합니다. 저는 특히 일련의 사이클론으로 황폐화된 마다가스카르 남동부와 홍수와 산사태로 황폐해진 브라질의 페트로폴리스 지역을 생각합니다. 주님께서 희생자들을 주님의 평화 안에 맞아주시고 그들의 친척들을 위로하여 주시고 그들을 돕는 사람들을 지원해주소서!

Today it is the National Day for healthcare professionals, and we must remember the many doctors, nurses, and volunteers who stay by the side of the sick, who care for them, who make them feel better, who help them. “No-one is saved alone”, said the title of the programme “A Sua Immagine”. No-one is saved alone. And in sickness, we need someone who saves us, who assists us. A doctor told me, this morning, that in the time of Covid, a person was dying, and said to him, “Hold my hand: I am dying, and I need your hand”. The heroic healthcare professionals showed this heroism in the time of Covid, but the heroism remains there every day. A round of applause and a big “thank you” to our doctors, nurses, and volunteers!

오늘은 국가의료인의 날입니다. 우리는 아픈 사람들의 옆을 지켜주고, 그들을 돌보고, 그들의 기분을 더 좋게 하고, 그들을 돕는 많은 의사, 간호사, 그리고 자원 봉사자들을 기억해야 합니다. 프로그램의 제목이 “아무도 홀로 구원받지 못한다.” “A Sua Immagine”입니다. 아무도 홀로 구원받지 못합니다. 병중에 우리는 우리를 구하고 우리를 돕는 누군가를 필요로 합니다. 오늘 아침에 의사 한 분이 제게 다음과 같이 말했습니다. Covid 기간에 죽어가는 한 사람이 그에게 말했습니다. “제 손을 잡아주십시오. 저는 죽습니다. 당신의 손이 필요합니다.” 영웅적인 의료 전문가들은 코로나 시대에 이런 영웅적인 행동을 보여주었지만, 그 영웅적인 모습은 항상 그곳에 남아있습니다. 우리의 의사, 간호사 및 자원 봉사자들에게 환호와 “큰 감사”를 표합시다.

I warmly greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and various countries. In particular, I greet the faithful of Madrid, Segovia, Burgos and Valladolid, in Spain – so many Spanish people! – as well as those from the parish of Santa Francesca Cabrini in Rome and the students of the Institute of the Sacred Heart in Barletta.

이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 오신 로마인과 순례자 여러분, 진심으로 환영합니다. 특히 저는 스페인의 마드리드, 세고비아, 부르고스, 바야돌리드의 신자들에게 인사를 드립니다. - 스페인 분들이 상당히 많습니다. - 뿐만 아니라 로마에 있는 산타 프란체스카 카브리니 본당과 바를레타의 성심 연구소의 학생들을 환영합니다.

I greet and encourage the “Progetto Arca” group, which in recent days has inaugurated its social activity in Rome, in aid of the homeless. And I greet the young people of the Immacolata, how good you are! I wish you all a blessed Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

저는 최근에 로마에서 노숙자를 돕기 위한 사회 활동을 시작한 "Progetto Arca" 그룹을 환영하고 격려합니다. 그리고 Immacolata의 젊은이들에게 인사합니다. 여러분들 너무 좋습니다. 모두 행복한 주일 보내시길 빕니다. 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다!

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.