영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.01.30)

최고관리자
2022.02.10 13:58 218 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Forth Sunday of Ordinary Time (30 January 2022)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! In today’s liturgy, the Gospel recounts Jesus’ first sermon in his home town, Nazareth. The outcome is bitter: instead of receiving approval, Jesus finds incomprehension and even hostility (cf. Lk 4:21-30). His fellow villagers, rather than a word of truth, wanted miracles and prodigious signs. The Lord does not perform them and they reject him, because they say they already knew him as a child: he is Joseph’s son (cf. v. 22), and so on. Jesus therefore utters a phrase that has become proverbial: “No prophet is acceptable in his own country” (v. 24).

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 연중 제 4주일 (2022년 1월 30일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례에서 복음서는 예수님이 고향 나사렛에서 하신 첫 설교에 대해 이야기합니다. 결과는 씁쓸합니다. 예수님은 인정을  받기는커녕 몰이해와 적대감까지 받으십니다. (루카 4,21-30 참조) 그의 고향 사람들은 진실의 말보다는 기적과 놀라운 징표를 원했습니다. 주님은 그 일을 행하지 않으시고 그들은 그분을 거부합니다. 왜냐하면 그들은 그를 요셉의 아들이고 등등 어렸을 때 이미 알았다고 말하기 때문입니다. (참조, 22 절) 그러므로 예수님은 속담이 된 다음과 같은 말씀을 하십니다. “어떠한 예언자도 자기 고향에서는 환영을 받지 못한다.” (24절)

These words reveal that Jesus’ failure was not entirely unexpected. He knew his people, he knew the heart of his people, he knew the risk he was running, he took rejection into account. And, so, we might wonder: but if it was like this, if he foresaw a failure, why did he go to his hometown all the same? Why do good to people who are not willing to accept you? It is a question that we too often ask ourselves. But it is a question that helps us understand God better. Faced with our closures, he does not withdraw: he does not put brakes on his love. Faced with our closures, he goes forward. We see a reflection of this in parents who are aware of the ingratitude of their children, but do not cease to love them and do good to them for this. God is the same, but at a much higher level. And today he invites us too to believe in good, to leave no stone unturned in doing good.

이 말씀은 예수님의 실패가 전혀 예상치 못한 것이 아니었음을 보여줍니다. 그분은 자신의 사람들을 아셨고, 자신의 사람들의 마음을 아셨고, 자신이 지었던 위험부담을 아셨고, 거부를 고려하셨었습니다. 그렇다면 우리는 궁금합니다. 이렇게 될 줄 아셨다면, 이 실패를 예견하셨다면, 예수님은 왜 다른 곳과 똑같이 고향에 가셨을까요? 당신을 받아들이려 하지 않는 사람들에게 왜 선의를 베푸시나요? 이것은 우리도 자주 우리 자신에게 하는 질문입니다. 그러나 그것은 하느님을 더 잘 이해하는데 도움이 되는 질문입니다. 우리의 폐쇄에 직면하여 그분은 물러서지 않으십니다. 그분의 사랑에 제동을 걸지 않으십니다. 우리의 폐쇄에 직면하여 그분은 앞으로 나아가십니다. 이런 모습을 부모들에게서 봅니다. 자녀들의 배은망덕을 알면서도 부모들은 사랑하는 것을 멈추지 않고 선을 행합니다. 하느님은 같지만 훨씬 더 높은 수준입니다. 오늘 그분은 우리도 선을 믿고 최선을 다하여 선을 행하라고 초대하십니다.

However, in what happens in Nazareth we also find something else. The hostility towards Jesus on the part of his people provokes us: they were not welcoming – but what about us? To verify this, let us look at the models of acceptance that Jesus proposes today, to us and to his fellow countrymen. They are two foreigners: a widow from Sarepta of Sidon and Naaman, the Syrian. Both of them welcomed prophets: the first Elijah, the second Elisha. But it was not an easy reception, it went through trials. The widow welcomed Elijah, despite the famine and although the prophet was persecuted (cf. 1 Kings 17:7-16), he was persecuted for political and religious reasons. Naaman, on the other hand, despite being a person of the highest order, accepted the request of the prophet Elisha, who led him to humble himself, to bathe seven times in a river (cf. 2 Kings 5:1-14), as if he were an ignorant child. The widow and Naaman, in short, accepted through readiness and humility. The way of receiving God is always to be ready, to welcome him and to be humble. Faith passes through here: readiness and humility. The widow and Naaman did not reject the ways of God and his prophets; they were docile, not rigid and closed.

그러나 나사렛에서 일어나는 일에서 우리는 또한 다른 것을 발견합니다. 예수님의 고향사람들이 보이는 예수님에 대한 적대감이 우리를 자극합니다. 그들은 환영하지 않았습니다. - 그러나 우리는 어떻습니까? 이를 확인하기 위해 오늘 예수님이 우리와 그분의 고향사람들에게 제안하시는 영접의 모범을 살펴봅시다. 그들은 시돈 사렙타의 과부와 시리아 사람 나아만이라는 두 외국인입니다. 둘 다 예언자들, 엘리야와 엘리사를, 영접하였습니다. 그러나 쉬운 영접이 아니었고 시험을 겪었습니다. 과부는 기근에도 불구하고, 엘리야가 박해를, 정치적 종교적 박해를 받았지만 엘리야를 영접했습니다. (열왕기상 17:7-16 참조) 반면 나아만은 가장 높은 지위에 있는 사람임에도 불구하고 마치 천진한 아이처럼 자신을 낮추어 강에서 일곱 번 목욕을 하게 한 예언자 엘리사의 청을 받아들였습니다. (열왕기하 5, 1-14 참조) 간단히 말해서 과부와 나아만은 준비와 겸손으로 받아들였습니다. 하느님을 영접하는 길은 항상 준비 됨, 그분을 영접함, 그리고 겸손함입니다. 믿음은 준비와 겸손을 통해 전달됩니다. 과부와 나아만은 하느님의 길을 거부하지 않았습니다. 그들은 유순하였고, 완고하지 않았고 폐쇄적이 아니었습니다.

Brothers and sisters, Jesus also goes the way of the prophets: he presents himself as we would not expect. He is not found by those who seek miracles – if we look for miracles, we will not find Jesus – by those who seek new sensations, intimate experiences, strange things; those who seek a faith made up of power and external signs. No, they will not find him. Instead, he is found only by those who accept his ways and his challenges, without complaint, without suspicion, without criticism and long faces. In other words, Jesus asks you to accept him in the daily reality that you live; in the Church of today, as it is; in those who are close to you every day; in the reality of those in need, in the problems of your family, in your parents, in your children, in grandparents, in welcoming God there. He is there, inviting us to purify ourselves in the river of availability and in many healthy baths of humility. It takes humility to encounter God, to let ourselves be encountered by him.

형제자매 여러분, 예수님도 예언자들의 길을 가십니다. 그분은 우리가 예상하지 못한 모습으로 자신을 나타내십니다. 그분은 기적을 찾는 사람들에게 발견되지 않으십니다. - 우리가 기적을 찾는다면 우리는 예수님을 발견하지 못합니다. - 새로운 감각, 친밀한 체험, 이상한 것들을 추구하는 사람들, 권력과 외적 표징으로 된 믿음을 찾는 사람들에게 예수님은 발견되지 않으십니다. 그들은 예수님을 발견하지 못할 것입니다. 대신에 그분은 불만 없이, 의심 없이, 비판과 슬픈 얼굴 없이 그분의 길과 그분의 도전을 받아들이는 사람들에게만 발견되십니다. 다시 말해서, 예수님은 여러분에게 여러분이 살고 있는 일상의 현실에서 그분을 받아들이라고 청하십니다. 있는 그대로의 오늘의 교회에서, 매일 여러분과 가까운 사람들 안에서, 도움이 필요한 사람들의 현실 안에서, 여러분의 가정의 문제들 안에서, 여러분의 부모님 안에서, 여러분의 자녀들 안에서, 조부모들 안에서, 거기에서 하느님을 영접하면서, 그분을 받아들이라고 요구하십니다. 우리가 가용의 강 (the river of availability) 에서 많은 겸손의 건강한 목욕으로 우리 자신을 정화하도록 초대하시며 그분이 거기에 계십니다. 하느님을 만나기 위해서, 겸손이 필요합니다.

And us, are we welcoming or do we resemble his fellow countrymen, who believed they knew everything about him? “I studied theology, I took that course in catechesis… I know everything about Jesus!” Yes, like a fool! Don’t be foolish, you don’t know Jesus. Perhaps, after many years as believers, we think we know the Lord well, with our ideas and our judgments, very often. The risk is that we get accustomed, we get used to Jesus. And in this way, how do we grow accustomed? We close ourselves off, we close ourselves off to his newness, to the moment in which he knocks on our door and asks you something new, and wants to enter into you. We must stop being fixed in our positions. And when a person has an open mind, a simple heart, he or she has the capacity to be surprised, to wonder. The Lord always surprises us: this is the beauty of the encounter with Jesus. Instead, the Lord asks us for an open mind and a simple heart. May Our Lady, model of humility and willingness, show us the way to welcome Jesus.

그리고 우리는 그분을 환영합니까, 아니면 그분에 대해 모든 것을 안다고 믿었던 그분의 고향 사람들과 같게 행동합니까? "저는 신학을 공부했고 교리 교육에서 그 과정을 이수했습니다... 저는 예수님에 대해 모든 것을 압니다!" 예, 바보처럼! 어리석게 굴지 마십시오. 당신은 예수님을 모릅니다. 아마도 신자로서 오랜 세월을 보낸 후에 우리는 매우 자주 우리의 생각과 판단으로 주님을 잘 안다고 생각할지 모릅니다. 위험은 우리가 익숙해지고 예수님께 익숙해지는 것입니다. 이런 식으로 우리는 어떻게 익숙해질까요? 우리는 우리 자신을 닫고, 그분의 새로움에, 그분이 우리 문을 두드리시고 당신에게 새로운 것을 요구하시고 당신 안으로 들어오시길 원하는 순간에 우리 자신을 닫습니다. 우리는 우리의 위치에 고정되어 있기를 멈추어야 합니다. 그리고 열린 두뇌와 단순한 마음을 가질 때, 그 사람은 놀라고 경탄하는 능력을 갖게 됩니다. 주님은 항상 우리를 놀라게 하십니다. 이것이 예수님과의 만남의 아름다움입니다. 대신에 주님은 우리에게 열린 두뇌와 단순한 마음을 원하십니다. 겸손과 열의의 모범이신 우리의 성모님이시여 저희에게 예수님을 영접하는 길을 보여주소서!
Dear brothers and sisters, Today is World Leprosy Day. I express my closeness to those who suffer from this disease, and I hope that there will be no lack of spiritual assistance and healthcare assistance. It is necessary to work together towards the full integration of these people, overcoming every form of discrimination associated with a sickness that unfortunately still afflicts many people, especially in the most disadvantaged social contexts.

삼종기도 후에
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 오늘은 세계 나병의 날입니다. 저는 이 질병으로 고통 받는 이들에게 가장 가까운 마음을 표현하며 영적인 도움과 의료적 도움이 부족하지 않기를 바랍니다. 불행히도 특히 가장 불리한 사회적 상황에 있는 많은 사람들을 여전히 괴롭히는 이 질병과 관련된 모든 형태의 차별을 극복하기 위해서, 이러한 사람들의 완전한 통합을 위해 함께 일하는 것이 필요합니다.

The day after tomorrow, 1 February, the Lunar New Year will be celebrated in the Far East, as well as various other parts of the world. I extend my cordial greetings, and express the wish that in the New Year everyone may enjoy peace, health and a peaceful and secure life. How beautiful it is when families find opportunities to gather together and experience moments of love and joy! Many families, unfortunately, will not be able to get together this year because of the pandemic. I hope that we will soon be able to overcome this trial. Finally, I hope that, thanks to the good will of individuals and the solidarity of peoples, the entire human family will be able to achieve with renewed dynamism goals of material and spiritual prosperity.

모레인 2월 1일에는 극동 지역과 세계 여러 지역에서 설날을 맞이합니다. 새해에는 모두가 평화, 건강, 그리고 평안하고 안정된 삶을 누리기를 기원하며 정중히 인사드립니다. 가족이 함께 모여 사랑과 기쁨의 순간을 체험할 기회를 갖는 것이 얼마나 아름다운 일입니까! 불행히도 금년에는 많은 가족들이 전염병 때문에 함께 모이지 못할 것입니다. 하루빨리 이 시련을 극복할 수 있기를 바랍니다. 마지막으로 개인의 선의와 국민의 연대로 전체 인류 가족이 물질적, 정신적 번영이라는 목표를 새로운 역동성으로 달성할 수 있기를 바랍니다.
On the eve of the feast of Saint John Bosco, I would like to greet the Salesians and Salesian women, who do so much good in the Church. I followed the Mass celebrated in the shrine of Mary Help of Christians [in Turin] by the Rector Major Ángel Fernández Artime, I prayed with him for everyone. We think of this great Saint, father and teacher of the young. He did not shut himself up in the sacristy, he did not close himself off in his own things. He went out into the streets to look for young people, with the creativity that was his hallmark. Best wishes to all Salesians! I greet you all, faithful of Rome and pilgrims from all over the world. In particular, I greet the faithful of Torrejón de Ardoz, in Spain, and the students from Murça, in Portugal.

성 요한 보스코 축일 전날에, 저는 교회에서 많은 선행을 하고 있는 살레시안과 살레시오 여성들에게 인사를 드리고 싶습니다. 나는 [토리노에 있는] 크리스천의 도움 마리아 성지에서 앙헬 페르난데스 아르타임 총장이 집전한 미사를 보며 모든 사람들을 위해 그와 함께 기도했습니다. 젊은이들의 아버지이자 교사인 이 위대한 성인을 생각합니다. 그는 제의실에 자신을 가두지 않았으며 자신의 일에 자신을 가두지 않았습니다. 그의 특징인 창의성을 가지고 거리에 나가 젊은이들을 찾았습니다. 모든 살레시안들에게 행운을 빕니다! 로마의 신자들과 전 세계의 순례자 여러분께 인사를 드립니다. 특히 스페인의 Torrejón de Ardoz의 신자들과 포르투갈의 Murça의 학생들에게 인사를 드립니다.

I affectionately greet the boys and girls of Catholic Action of the diocese of Rome! They are here in a group. Dear young people, this year too, accompanied by your parents, educations and assistant priests, you have come – a small group, due to the pandemic – at the end of the Caravan for Peace. Your slogan is “Let’s mend peace”. It is a good slogan! It is important! There is a great need to “mend”, starting from our personal relationships, all the way to relations between states. Thank you! Keep going! And now you will release your balloons as a sign of hope… there! It is a sign of hope that the young people of Rome are bringing to us today, this “caravan for peace”. I wish you all a blessed Sunday. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch, and arrivederci!

로마교구 가톨릭 액션의 소년 소녀들에게 사랑의 마음으로 인사드립니다. 그들이 여기 그룹으로 있습니다. 사랑하는 젊은이 여러분, 올해도 부모님, 교육자, 부제님과 함께 대유행으로 인해 소그룹으로 평화를 위한 캐러밴의 마지막으로 여기에 오셨군요. 여러분의 슬로건은 "평화를 고치자"입니다. 좋은 슬로건입니다! 그것은 중요합니다. 우리의 개인적인 관계에서 시작하여 국가 간의 관계에 이르기까지 "수정"해야 할 필요성이 큽니다. 감사합니다! 계속하십시오! 그리고 이제 희망의 표시로 풍선을 놓을 것입니다 ... 거기! 로마의 젊은이들이 오늘 우리에게 가져다주는 이 “평화의 카라반”은 희망의 표시입니다. 모두 행복한 주일 보내시고, 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심을 즐기고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.