영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.01.16)

최고관리자
2022.01.20 12:07 194 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] 2nd Sunday of Ordinary Time (16 January 2022)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel of today’s liturgy recounts the episode of the wedding at Cana, where, to the couple’s delight, Jesus transformed water into wine. This is the way the account ends: “This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory; and his disciples believed in him” (Jn 2:11). We notice that the evangelist John does not speak of a miracle, that is, of a powerful and extraordinary deed that provokes wonder. He writes that a sign took place at Cana, a sign that sparked the faith of his disciples. We can, then, ask ourselves: What is a “sign” according to the Gospel?

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 연중 제 2주일 (2022년 1월 16일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례의 복음은 카나에서의 혼인잔치 이야기를 들려줍니다. 그곳에서 예수님께서 물을 포도주로 바꾸셨고 이는 신혼부부에게 큰 기쁨이었습니다. 기록은 이렇게 끝을 맺습니다. “이렇게 예수님께서는 처음으로 갈릴래아 카나에서 표징을 일으키시어, 당신의 영광을 드러내셨다. 그리하여 제자들은 예수님을 믿게 되었다.“ (요한 2,11) 우리는 복음사가 요한이 경이감을 일으키는 강력하고 비범한 행위인 기적을 얘기하지 않는다는 것을 알 수 있습니다. 그는 카나에서 표징이 일어났고 그 표징은 제자들의 믿음에 불을 붙였다고 기록합니다. 이제 우리는 우리 자신에게 물을 수 있습니다. 복음에 따른 “표징”은 무엇인가?

It is a sign that gives a clue that reveals God’s love, that does not call attention to the power of the action, but to the love that caused it. It teaches us something about God’s love that is always near, tender and compassionate. Jesus’ first sign took place when a couple faced a difficulty on the most important day of their lives. Right in the middle of the feast, an essential element for a feast, the wine, is missing and their joy risked being snuffed out due to the criticism and dissatisfaction of the guests. Imagine how a wedding feast could go ahead only with water. How terrible! What a bad impression the couple would make.

그것은 하느님 사랑을 드러내는 단서를 제공하는 표시이고, 강력한 행동에 주의를 끌지 않고, 그것을 일으킨 하느님의 사랑에 주의를 환기시킵니다. 표징은 항상 가까이, 다정하게, 가엾이 여기는 하느님 사랑에 관한 무엇을 가르쳐줍니다. 예수님의 첫 번째 표징이 신혼부부가 그들의 인생에서 가장 중요한 날에 어려움을 겪을 때 일어났습니다. 잔치의 한 가운데에 잔치의 필수 요소인 포도주가 떨어져서 하객들의 비난과 불만으로 인해 그들의 기쁨이 마비될 위험에 놓였습니다. 혼인잔치가 물만 있으면 어떻게 될지 상상해보십시오. 얼마나 끔찍할까요? 그 신혼부부가 얼마나 나쁜 인상을 남길까요?

It is Our Lady who became aware of the problem and discretely brought it to Jesus’ attention. And he intervened without fanfare, almost without making it obvious. Everything took place reservedly, everything took place “behind the scenes” – Jesus told the servants to fill the jars with water, then it became wine. This is how God acts, near to us and discretely. Jesus’ disciples understood this: they saw that, thanks to him, the wedding banquet became even more beautiful. And they saw the way Jesus acted as well – the way he served hiddenly (this is Jesus – he helps us, he serves us hiddenly) in that moment so much so that it was the groom who was complimented for the good wine. Nobody was aware of it, only the servants. This is how the seed of faith began to develop within them – that is, they believed that God, God’s love, was present in Jesus.

문제를 깨닫고 슬기롭게 예수님의 주의를 환기시킨 분은 성모님입니다. 예수님께서 팡파르를 울리지 않고, 그것을 명백하게 나타내지 않으시며 개입하십니다. 모든 것이 은밀하게 이루어졌고 모든 것이 “뒤에서” 일어났습니다. - 예수님은 하인들에게 항아리에 물을 채우라고 말씀하셨고, 물이 포도주가 되었습니다. 이것이 하느님께서 하시는 방법입니다. 우리의 가까이에서 드러나지 않게 조용히 하십니다. 예수님의 제자들은 이것을 이해했습니다. 제자들은 예수님 덕분에 혼인잔치가 더욱 아름답게 된 것을 보았습니다. 그리고 그들은 예수님께서 어떻게 행동하시는지도 보았습니다. - 그 순간에 그분이 몰래 봉사하신 것 (이분이 예수님이십니다. - 예수님께서는 우리를 도우시고, 우리에게 몰래 봉사하십니다.) 그래서 좋은 포도주에 대해 신랑이 칭찬 받은 것을 제자들의 보았습니다. 하인들만 알고 아무도 몰랐습니다. 이렇게 그들 안에 믿음의 씨가 자라기 시작하였습니다. - 즉 그들은 하느님, 하느님의 사랑이 예수님 안에 현존함을 믿었습니다.

How beautiful it is to think that the first sign Jesus accomplished was not an extraordinary healing or something prodigious in the temple of Jerusalem, but an action that responded to a simple and concrete need of common people, a domestic gesture. Let us put it this way – a miracle done on tip toes, discretely, silently. Jesus is ready to help us, to lift us up. And then, if we are attentive to these “signs”, we will be conquered by his love and we will become his disciples.

예수님께서 이루신 첫 표징이 예루살렘 성전에서 행해진 비범한 치유나 놀라운 일이 아니라, 보통사람들의 단순하고 구체적인 필요에 대한 응답으로 행한 행위, 즉 가정 내의 행위였다는 것을 생각하니 얼마나 아름다운지 모르겠습니다. 이렇게 정리해봅시다. - 발끝으로 걸으며 은밀하게 그리고 조용히 이룬 기적. 예수님은 우리를 도우시고 일으켜 세우실 준비가 되어 있습니다. 그래서 우리가 이런 “표징들”에 주의를 기울이면 우리는 그분의 사랑에 의해 정복되고 그분의 제자가 될 것입니다.

But there is another distinctive characteristic about the sign at Cana. Generally, the wine provided at the end of the feast was not as good – this is still done today. At that point, people don’t distinguish as well if it is good wine or wine that’s been diluted a little. Jesus, instead, acts in such a way that the feast ends with better wine. Symbolically, this tells us that God wants what is better for us, he wants us to be happy. He does not set limits and he does not ask us for incentives. There is no place for ulterior motives or demands placed on the couple. No, the joy Jesus brought to their hearts was complete and disinterested joy, a joy that was not diluted, no!

그러나 카나의 표징에는 또 다른 특징이 있습니다. 일반적으로 잔치가 끝날 때 제공되는 포도주는 그다지 좋지 않았습니다. - 이것은 오늘날에도 여전히 행해지고 있습니다. 그 때쯤 되면  사람들은 좋은 포도주인지 약간 희석된 포도주인지 잘 구분하지 못합니다. 그런데 예수님께서는 더 좋은 포도주로 잔치를 마치는 방식으로 행하십니다. 상징적으로 이것은 하느님께서 우리에게 더 좋은 것을 원하시고, 우리가 행복한 것을 원하신다는 것을 얘기해줍니다. 하느님께서는 한계를 정하지 않으시고 우리에게 인센티브를 요구하지 않으십니다. 그 부부에게 과해지는 숨은 동기나 요구가 들어갈 자리가 없습니다. 아닙니다. 예수님께서 그들의 마음에 가져오신 기쁨은 완전하고 사심 없는 기쁨, 희석되지 않은 기쁨이었습니다.

So, I want to suggest an exercise to you that would be very good for us. Today, let us try to rummage through our memories, looking for the signs the Lord has accomplished in my life. Let each of us say: in my life, what are the signs the Lord has accomplished? What are the hints of his presence, the signs he has done to show that he loves us? Let us think about that difficult moment in which God allowed me to experience his love… And let us ask ourselves: what are the discrete and loving signs through which he has allowed me to feel his tenderness? When have I felt the Lord nearer to me? When have I felt his tenderness and his compassion more? Every one of us has these moments in our personal history. Let us go in search of these signs, let us remember them. How have I discovered his nearness and how did it fill my heart with great joy? Let us relive the moments in which we have experienced his presence and Mary’s intercession. May she, the Mother who is always attentive as at Cana, help us treasure the signs of God’s presence in our lives.

그래서 저는 우리에게 아주 좋은 제안을 여러분에게 하겠습니다. 오늘 기억을 뒤적이며 주님께서 내 삶에서 이루신 표징을 찾아보도록 합시다. 우리 각자가 이렇게 물어봅시다. 내 삶에서 주님께서 이루신 표징은 무엇인가? 그분의 현존에 대한 암시, 그분이 우리를 사랑하신다는 것을 보여주기 위해 하신 표징은 무엇인가? 내가 그분의 사랑을 체험하도록 하셨던 그 어려운 순간에 대해 생각해봅시다. 그리고 자문해봅시다. 그분의 부드러움을 느끼게 했던 그분의 은밀한 사랑의 표징은 무엇이었나? 나는 언제 그분이 내게 더 가까이 계심을 느꼈나? 언제 나는 그분의 부드러움과 그분의 연민의 정을 더 많이 느꼈나? 우리 모두는 우리의 개인적인 역사에서 이러한 순간들을 가지고 있습니다. 이러한 징표들을 찾으러 갑시다. 그리고 그것들을 기억합시다. 나는 언제 그분의 가까움을 발견했고, 어떻게 그것이 나의 마음을 큰 기쁨으로 채웠나? 그분의 현존과 마리아의 중재를 체험했던 순간을 다시 느껴봅시다. 카나에서처럼 늘 주의를 기울이신 어머니, 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 우리의 삶에서의 그분의 현존에 대한 징표를 소중히 여기게 하소서!
Dear brothers and sisters, I express my nearness to the people hit by strong rain and flooding in various regions of Brazil during these past weeks. I am especially praying for the victims and their families, and for those who have lost their homes. May God sustain the efforts of those who are providing relief.

삼종기도 후의 말씀
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 지난 몇 주 동안 브라질의 여러 지역에서 강한 비와 홍수로 피해를 입은 사람들에게 가까이 있음을 표현합니다. 특히 희생자와 그 가족, 그리고 집을 잃은 사람들을 위해 기도합니다. 하느님께서 구호를 베푸는 사람들의 노력을 지탱해 주소서.

From 18 to 25 January, the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity will take place. This year’s proposal mirrors the experience of the Magi who came from the East to Bethlehem to honour the Messianic King. We Christians, in the diversity of our confessions and traditions, are also pilgrims on the way toward full unity, and we will draw near our goal to the extent that we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, our only Lord. During the Week of Prayer, let us offer our difficulties and sufferings for the unity of Christians.

1월 18일부터 25일까지 그리스도인 일치를 위한 기도 주간이 실시됩니다. 올해의 제안은 메시아 왕을 기리기 위해 동방에서 베들레헴으로 온 동방박사의 경험을 반영합니다. 다양한 신앙고백과 전통을 가진 우리 그리스도인들도 완전한 일치를 향한 순례자이며, 우리의 유일한 주님이신 예수님께 시선을 고정하는 만큼 우리의 목표에 가까워질 것입니다. 기도주간에 그리스도인의 일치를 위해 우리의 어려움과 고난을 봉헌합시다.

I greet all of you from Rome and pilgrims from various countries. I extend a special greeting to the Girasoli della Locride group from Locri, along with their families and leaders. I wish all of you a good Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci.

로마에서 오신, 그리고 여러 나라에서 오신 순례자 여러분께 인사를 드립니다. 저는 Locri의 Girasoli della Locride 그룹과 그 가족 및 지도자들에게 특별한 인사를 전합니다. 모두 좋은 일요일 보내시고, 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.