영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2022.01.02)

최고관리자
2022.01.04 15:33 189 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Epyphany of the Lord (2 January 2022)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today’s Liturgy offers us a beautiful phrase, that we always pray in the Angelus and which by itself reveals to us the meaning of Christmas. It says, “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (Jn 1:14). The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. These words, if we think about it, contain a paradox. They bring together two opposites: the Word and the flesh. “Word” indicates that Jesus is the eternal Word of the Father, infinite, existing from all time, before all created things; “flesh”, on the other hand, indicates precisely our created reality, fragile, limited, mortal.

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 주님공현대축일 (2022년 1월 2일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘의 전례는 우리가 항상 삼종기도에서 기도하고 그 자체로 성탄절의 의미를 우리에게 알려주는 아름다운 구절을 제시합니다. “말씀이 사람이 되시어 우리 가운데 사셨다.” (요한 1,14) 라고 얘기합니다. 말씀이 사람이 되시어 우리 가운데 사셨다. 이 말은 곰곰이 생각해보면 역설이 내포되어 있습니다. 말씀과 사람이라는 두 상반된 것을 하나로 모읍니다. “말씀”은 예수님께서 아버지의 영원한 말씀으로, 무한하고, 모든 피조물 이전부터 존재하는 분이라는 것을 가리키고 반면에 “사람” 은 정확히 연약하고, 제한적이고, 반드시 죽는 우리의 창조된 현실을 가리킵니다.

Before Jesus there were two separate worlds: Heaven opposed to earth, the infinite opposed to the finite, spirit opposed to matter. And there is another opposition in the Prologue of the Gospel of John, another binomial: word and flesh are a binomial; the other binomial is light and darkness (cf. v. 5). Jesus is the light of God who has entered into the darkness of the world. Light and darkness. God is light: in him there is no opacity; in us, on the other hand, there is much darkness. Now, with Jesus, light and darkness meet: holiness and sin, grace and sin. Jesus, the incarnation of Jesus is the very place of the encounter, the encounter between God and humanity, the encounter between grace and sin.

예수님 이전에는 두 개의 분리된 세계가 있었습니다. 하늘은 땅과 대립되고, 무한은 유한과, 영은 물질과 대립됩니다. 요한복음의 머리글에 또 다른 대립이 있습니다. 즉 연결된 두 명사가 있습니다. 말씀과 사람은 대립된 단어이고, 빛과 어둠이 또 다른 대립된 단어입니다. (5절 참조) 예수님은 세상의 어두움에 들어간 하느님의 빛입니다. 빛과 어둠. 하느님은 빛입니다. 그분 안에는 불투명함이 없습니다. 반면에 우리 안에는 어둠이 많습니다. 이제 예수님과 함께 빛과 어둠이 만납니다. 거룩함과 죄, 은총과 죄가 만납니다. 예수님, 예수님의 육화는 바로 만남의 장소입니다. 하느님과 인간의 만남, 은총과 죄의 만남입니다.

What does the Gospel intend to announce with these polarities? Something splendid: God’s way of acting. Faced with our frailties, the Lord does not withdraw. He does not remain in his blessed eternity and in his infinite light, but rather he draws close, he makes himself incarnate, he descends into the darkness, he dwells in lands that are foreign to him. And why does God do this? Why does he come down to us? He does this because he does not resign himself to the fact that we can go astray by going far from him, far from eternity, far from the light. This is God's work: to come among us.

복음은 이러한 양극성으로 무엇을 얘기하려고 합니까? 멋진 무엇입니다. 하느님의 행동 방식입니다. 우리의 연약함을 접하여 주님은 물러서지 않으십니다. 주님께서는 그분의 축복된 영원과 무한한 빛 안에 머무르지 않으시고, 가까이 오시고, 육화하시고, 어둠으로 내려오시고, 자신에게 낯선 땅에 사십니다. 그러면 하느님께서 왜 이렇게 하실까요? 왜 우리에게 내려오실까요? 하느님께서는 우리가 그분으로부터 멀리 가서, 영원으로부터 멀리 가서, 빛으로부터 멀리 가서 길을 잃을 수 있다는 사실을 받아들이지 않으시기 때문에 그렇게 하십니다. 이것이 하느님께서 하시는 일입니다. 즉 우리 가운데 오시는 것입니다. 

If we consider ourselves unworthy, that does not stop him: he comes. If we reject him, He does not tire of seeking us out. If we are not ready and willing to receive him, he prefers to come anyway. And if we close the door in his face, he waits. He is truly the Good Shepherd. And the most beautiful image of the Good Shepherd? The Word that becomes flesh to share in our life. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who comes to seek us right where we are: in our problems, in our suffering… He comes there.

우리가 자신을 합당하지 않다고 여길지라도 그것은 그분을 막지 못합니다. 그분은 오십니다. 우리가 그분을 거부하더라도 그분은 우리를 찾는데 지치지 않으십니다. 우리가 그분을 맞이할 준비가 되어있지 않고 받아들이기를 원치 않더라도 그분은 오는 것을 선호하십니다. 그리고 우리가 그분의 면전에 문을 닫으면 그분은 기다리십니다. 그분은 진정 선한 목자이십니다. 그리고 선한 목자의 가장 아름다운 모습은 무엇입니까? 사람이 되신 말씀이 우리의 삶을 나누는 모습입니다. 예수님께서는 선한 목자이시고 그분은 우리가 있는 바로 그곳으로 오십니다. 우리의 문제들과 우리의 고통 안으로 그분은 그곳으로 오십니다.

Dear brothers and sisters, often we keep our distance from God because we think we are not worthy of him for other reasons. And it is true. But Christmas invites us to see things from his point of view. God wishes to be incarnate. If your heart seems too contaminated by evil, if it seems disordered, please, do not close yourself up, do not be afraid: he will come. Think of the stable in Bethlehem. Jesus was born there, in that poverty, to tell us that he is certainly not afraid of visiting your heart, of dwelling in a shabby life. And this is the word: to dwell. To dwell is the verb used in today’s Gospel to signify this reality: it expresses a total sharing, a great intimacy. And this is what God wants: he wants to dwell with us, he wants to dwell in us, not to remain distant.

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 우리는 종종 다른 이유로 하느님께 우리가 합당하지 않다고 생각하기 때문에 하느님과 거리를 둡니다. 그것은 사실입니다. 그러나 크리스마스는 우리에게 사물을 그분의 관점에서 보라고 초대합니다. 하느님께서는 육화를 원하십니다. 여러분의 마음이 악으로 너무 오염된 것 같으면, 마음이 무질서해보이면, 자신을 닫지 마십시오. 두려워하지 마십시오. 그분이 오실 것입니다. 베들레헴의 마구간을 생각해보십시오. 예수님께서 그곳에서 태어나셨습니다. 여러분의 마음을 방문하는 것과 초라한 삶을 사는 것을 두려워하지 않으신다는 것을 우리에게 말씀하시기 위해서 그곳에서 가난하게 태어나셨습니다. 그리고 산다, 이것이 단어입니다. 산다는 것이 오늘의 복음이 이 현실을 강조하기 위해서 사용한 동사입니다. 그것은 완전한 나눔, 큰 친밀감울 표현합니다. 이것이 바로 하느님께서 원하시는 것입니다. 그분은 우리와 함께 사시기를 원하시고, 우리 가운데 사시기를 원하십니다. 거리를 유지하기를 원하지 않으십니다.

And I ask myself, you, all of us: what about us, do we want to make space for him? In words yes, no-one will say, “I don’t!”; yes. But in practice? Perhaps there are aspects of life we keep to ourselves, that are exclusive, or inner spaces that we are afraid the Gospel will enter into, where we do not want God to be involved. Today I invite you to be specific. What are the inner things that I believe God does not like? What is the space that I believe is only for me, where I do not want God to come? Let each of us be specific, and answer this. “Yes, yes, I would like Jesus to come, but this, he mustn’t touch it; and this, no, and this...”. Everyone has their own sin - let us call it by name. And He is not afraid of our sins: He came to heal us. Let us at least let Him see it, let Him see the sin. Let us be brave, let us say: “But, Lord, I am in this situation but I do not want to change. But you, please, don’t go too far away”. That's a good prayer. Let’s be sincere today.

그리고 나는 스스로에게, 여러분, 우리 모두에게 묻습니다. 우리는 어떻습니까? 우리는 그분을 위한 공간을 만들기를 원합니까? 말로는 예라고 답합니다. 아무도 “원하지 않는다.”고 말하지 않습니다. 예, 그러나 실제로는? 아마도 우리가 혼자 간직하고 있는 삶의 측면이 있을 것입니다. 배타적이거나 복음이 들어올까 두려워하는, 하느님께서 개입하시길 원하지 않는 내면의  공간이 있을 것입니다. 오늘 여러분이 구체적이길 청합니다. 하느님께서 좋아하지 않으실 것이라고 믿는 내적인 것들이 무엇입니까? 나만을 위한 공간이라고 믿는 곳, 하느님께서 오시기를 원치 않는 공간이 무엇입니까? 우리 각자가 구체적으로 이것에 대해 대답하십시오. “예, 예, 예수님께서 오시기를 원합니다. 그러나 이것은, 예수님께서 그것을 건드리시면 안 됩니다. 그리고 이것, 안 되고, 이것도 안 됩니다...” 모두가 그들 자신의 죄가 있습니다. 그것을 구체적으로 말합시다. 그분은 우리의 죄를 두려워하지 않으십니다. 그분은 우리를 치유하기 위해 오셨습니다. 적어도 그분이 그것을 보실 수 있도록 합시다. 그분이 죄를 보시게 합시다. 용기를 내서 이렇게 말합시다. “그러나 주님, 저는 이 상황에 처해 있습니다. 그러나 변화를 원하지 않습니다. 그러나 주님, 너무 멀리 가지 마십시오.” 그것은 훌륭한 기도입니다. 오늘 우리 모두 충실하십시다.

In these days of Christmas, it will do us good to welcome the Lord precisely there. How? For example, by stopping in front of the Nativity scene, because it shows Jesus who came to dwell in all our real, ordinary life, where not everything goes well, where there are many problems: we are to blame for some of them; others are the fault of other people. And Jesus comes: the shepherds who work hard, we see the shepherds there, Herod who threatens the innocent, great poverty… But in the midst of all this, in the midst of so many problems – and even in the midst of our problems – there is God, there is God who wants to dwell with us.

이 성탄의 시기에 바로 그곳으로 주님을 맞이하는 것이 우리에게 유익할 것입니다. 어떻게? 예를 들어서, 구유 앞에 멈추어 서서 생각합니다. 왜냐하면 구유는 모든 것이 다 잘 되는 것이 아니고, 많은 문제들이 있고, 그 문제들 중의 어떤 것에 대해서는 비난할 사람이 있고, 다른 문제들은 다른 사람들의 잘못인, 우리의 실제의 평범한 삶 모두를 사시기 위해 오신 예수님을 보여주기 때문입니다. 그리고 예수님께서 오십니다. 열심히 일하는 목자들, 우리는 그곳에 목자들을 봅니다. 무고한 사람들을 위협하는 헤로드, 그리고 큰 빈곤.... 그러나 이 모든 것 가운데에, 수많은 문제들 가운데에 - 우리의 문제들 가운데에도 - 하느님께서 계십니다. 우리와 함께 살기를 원하시는 하느님께서 계십니다.

And he waits for us to present to him our situations, what we are living. So, before the Nativity, let us talk to Jesus about our real situations. Let us invite him officially into our lives, especially in the dark areas: “Look, Lord, there is no light there, the electricity doesn’t reach there, but please don’t touch, because I don’t feel like leaving this situation”. Speak clearly and plainly. The dark areas, our “inner stables”; each one of us has them. And let us also tell him, without fear, about the social problems, and the ecclesial problems of our time, even personal problems, even the worst, because God loves to dwell: in our stable.

그리고 그분은 우리가 그분께 우리의 상황을, 우리가 살고 있는 상황을 보여드리길 기다리십니다. 그러므로 구유 앞에서 우리의 실제 상황에 대해 예수님께 말씀드립시다. 그분을 공식적으로 우리의 삶, 특히 어운 곳으로 초대합시다. “보십시오, 주님, 저기에는 빛이 없습니다. 전기가 그곳까지 미치지 못합니다. 그러나 그곳은 건드리지 마십시오. 제가 이 상황을 떠나고 싶지 않기 때문입니다.” 명확하게 그리고 담담하게 말씀드리십시오. 어두운 공간, 우리의 “내적 마구간,” 우리 모두 그 공간을 가지고 있습니다. 그리고 두려워하지 말고 우리의 사회적 문제들, 우리 시대의 교회의 문제들, 개인적인 문제들까지, 가장 나쁜 문제까지도 그분께 말씀 드립시다. 왜냐하면 하느님께서 우리의 마구간에 살기를 원하시기 때문입니다.

May the Mother of God, in whom the Word was made flesh, help us to cultivate greater intimacy with the Lord.

그분 안에서 말씀이 사람이 되신 하느님의 어머니시여, 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 주님과 더욱 친밀한 관계를 가꾸게 하소서.
Dear brothers and sisters, I address my heartfelt greeting to you all, faithful of Rome and pilgrims from Italy and from other countries: I see Polish, Brazilian, Uruguayan, Argentine, Paraguayan, Colombian, and Venezuelan flags: welcome to you all! I greet the families, associations, and parish groups, especially those of Postioma and Porcellengo, in the diocese of Treviso, as well as the teenagers of the Regnum Christi Federation and the young people of Mary Immaculate.

삼종기도 후의 말씀
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 로마의 신자 여러분과, 이탈리아와 다른 나라에서 오신 순례자 여러분께 진심 어린 인사를 드립니다. 폴란드, 브라질, 우루과이, 아르헨티나, 파라과이, 콜롬비아, 베네수엘라 국기가 보입니다. 여러분 모두를 환영합니다! 저는 가족들, 단체들, 그리고 본당 그룹들, 특별히 포스티오마(Postioma)와 포르첼렝고(Porcellengo)에서 오신 분들, 그리고  트레비소 교구, 그리고 레그넘 크리스티 연합 (Regnum Christi Federation)의 청소년들과 원죄 없으신 마리아 (Mary Immaculate)의 청소년들에게 인사를 드립니다.

On this first Sunday of the year, I renew to you all the Lord’s blessings of peace and good. In joyful moments and in sad ones, let us entrust ourselves to him, he who is our strength and our hope. And do not forget: let us invite the Lord to come within us, to come to our real life, ugly as it may be, as if it were a stable: “But, well, Lord, I would not like you to enter, but look, and stay close”. Let’s do this.

올해의 첫 번째 주일에 저는 여러분 모두에게 주님의 평화와 선의 축복을 새롭게 드립니다. 기쁠 때나 슬플 때나 우리의 힘이요 희망이신 그분께 우리 자신을 맡깁시다. 그리고 잊지 마십시오. 우리 안에 오시도록, 마구간처럼 비록 추할지라도 우리의 실생활에 오시도록 주님을 초대합시다. “그러나 주님, 보십시오, 주님께서 들어오시는 것을 원치 않습니다. 그러나 보십시오. 그리고 가까이 계십시오.” 이렇게 합시다.

I wish you all a blessed Sunday, and enjoy your lunch. And do not forget to pray for me. Arrivederci!

모두 복된 주일 보내시고 점심 맛있게 드십시오. 그리고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.