영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2021.12.12)

최고관리자
2021.12.21 12:07 189 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] the Third Sunday of Advent (12 December 2021)
Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel in today’s Liturgy, the Third Sunday of Advent, presents us with various groups of people – the crowd, the publicans and soldiers – who, touched by John the Baptist’s preaching, ask him: “What then should we do?” (Lk 3:10). What should we do? This is the question they asked. Let’s reflect a little on this question.

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 대림 3주일 (2021년 12월 12일)
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘의 대림 제 3 주일 전례의 복음은 우리에게 군중, 세리, 군인 등 다양한 그룹의 사람들을 보여줍니다. 그들은 세례자 요한의 설교에 감동을 받아 “그러면 저희는 어떻게 해야 합니까?”라고 묻습니다. (루카 3,10). 저희는 어떻게 해야 합니까? 이것이 그들이 던진 질문입니다. 우리도 이 질문에 대해 잠시 생각해봅시다.

It does not stem from a sense of duty. Rather, the heart is touched by the Lord. It is the enthusiasm for His coming that leads them to ask: what should we do? Then John says: “The Lord is near. What should we do?” Let’s give an example: let’s think of a dear one who is coming to visit us. We joyfully and even impatiently await the person. To welcome the person, we will do what needs to be done: we will clean the house, we will prepare the best dinner possible, perhaps a gift… In short, there are things we will do. It is the same with the Lord. The joy of His coming makes us ask: what should we do? But God elevates this question to a higher level: what should I do with my life? What am I called to? What will I become?

이질문은 의무감에서 나오지 않습니다. 그보다 마음이 주님으로부터 감동을 받습니다. 그들이 그런 질문을 하는 것은 주님께서 오시는 것에 대한 그들의 열정 때문입니다. 저희는 어떻게 해야 합니까? 그런 다음 요한은 이렇게 말합니다. “주님께서 가까이 계십니다. 우리는 어떻게 해야 합니까?” 예를 들어 봅시다. 우리를 방문할 소중한 분을 생각해봅시다. 우리는 기뻐하며 조급하게 그분을 기다립니다. 그분을 환영하기 위해 해야 할 일을 할 것입니다. 집을 청소하고 가능한 최고의 저녁 식사를 준비할 것입니다. 아마도 선물도 준비할 것입니다. 간단히 말해서, 우리가 할 일이 있습니다. 주님께서 오실 때도 마찬가지입니다. 그분이 오시는 기쁨은 우리로 하여금 묻게 합니다. 저희는 어떻게 해야 합니까? 그러나 하느님께서 이 질문을 더 높은 수준으로 끌어올리십니다. 저의 삶을 어떻게 해야 합니까? 저는 무엇을 하도록 부름을 받았습니까? 저는 무엇이 될 것입니까?

By suggesting this question, the Gospel reminds us of something important: life has a task for us. Life is not meaningless; it is not left up to chance. No! It is a gift the Lord grants us, saying to us: discover who you are, and work hard to make the dream that is your life come true! Each of us – let’s not forget this – has a mission to accomplish. So, let’s not be afraid to ask the Lord: what should I do? Let us ask him this question repeatedly. It also recurs in the Bible: in the Acts of the Apostles, several people, hearing Peter who proclaimed Jesus’ resurrection, “were cut to the heart and said to Peter and to the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what should we do?’ ” (2:37). Let us ask ourselves as well: what would be good for me to do for myself and for my brothers and sisters? How can I contribute to this? How can I contribute to the good of the Church, to the good of society? The Advent Season is meant for this: to stop and ask ourselves how to prepare for Christmas. We are so busy with all the preparations, with gifts and things that pass. But let us ask ourselves what we should do for Jesus and for others! What should we do?

이 질문을 제안함으로써 복음은 우리에게 중요한 것을 일깨워줍니다. 우리의 삶에 우리가 해야 할 일이 있습니다. 인생은 무의미하지 않습니다. 우연에 맡겨져 있지 않습니다. 아닙니다. 삶은 주님께서 우리에게 이렇게 말씀하시면서 주신 선물입니다. 네가 누구인지 발견하고 너의 삶인 꿈을 실현하도록 힘써 일 하여라! 우리 각자는 - 이것을 잊지 맙시다. - 달성해야 할 사명이 있습니다. 그러므로 주님께 여쭈는 것을 두려워하지 맙시다. 저는 어떻게 해야 합니까? 그분께 이 질문을 반복하여 여쭈어봅시다. 성경에도 반복됩니다. 사도행전에서 베드로가 예수님의 부활을 선포하는 것을 듣고 몇몇 사람들이 “마음이 꿰찔리듯 아파하며 베드로와 다른 사도들에게, “형제 여러분, 우리는 어떻게 해야 합니까?” (2,37) 라고 물었습니다. 우리도 자신에게 물어봅시다. 나 자신과 형제자매들을 위해 내가 무엇을 하는 것이 좋을까? 내가 어떻게 기여할 수 있을까? 교회를 위해 사회를 위해 무엇을 기여할 수 있을까? 대림 시기는 이것을 해야 합니다. 멈추어서 크리스마스를 어떻게 준비해야 할지 자신에게 물어봅시다. 우리는 모든 준비, 선물과 지나가는 것들로 너무 바쁩니다. 그러나 자신에게 물어봅시다. 예수님과 다른 사람들을 위해서 어떻게 해야 하는지~ 저희는 어떻게 해야 합니까?

After the question, “what should we do?”, the Gospel lists John the Baptist’s responses that are different for each group. In fact, John recommends that those who have two tunics should share with those who have none; to the publicans who collect taxes, he says: “Collect no more than the amount prescribed” (Lk 3:13); to the soldiers: “Do not mistreat or extort money from anyone (cf. v. 14). He directs a specific word to each person that responds to their actual situation in life. This offers us a precious teaching: faith is incarnated in concrete life. It is not an abstract theory. Faith is not an abstract theory, a generalized theory – no! Faith touches us personally and transforms each of our lives. Let us think about the concreteness of our faith. Is my faith abstract, something abstract or concrete? Does it lead me toward serving others, helping out?

“저희는 어떻게 해야 합니까?”라는 질문 뒤에 복음은 그룹에 따라 다른 세례자 요한의 답변을 열거합니다. 사실 요한은 옷을 두 벌 가진 사람은 못 가진 이에게 나누어 주라고 권하고, 세금을 걷는 세리들에게는 “정해진 것보다 더 요구하지 마라.” (루카 3,13) 라고 얘기합니다.  군인들에게는 “아무도 강탈하거나 갈취하지 말고 너희 봉급으로 만족하여라.” (14절 참조)라고 말합니다. 요한은 각자에게 삶의 실제적인 상황에 대응하는 특정한 일을 지시합니다. 이것은 우리에게 귀중한 가르침을 줍니다. 구체적인 삶 안에서 믿음이 구체화 됩니다. 추상적인 이론이 아닙니다. 믿음은 추상적인 이론이나 일반화된 이론이 아닙니다. 아닙니다. 믿음은 개인적으로 우리를 감동시키고 우리각자의 삶을 변화시킵니다. 우리 믿음의 구체성에 대해서 생각해봅시다. 나의 믿음이 추상적입니까? 추상적인 무엇 또는 구체적입니까? 그 믿음이 나를 다른 사람을 위한 봉사로, 돕는 방향으로 이끕니까?

And so, in conclusion, let us ask ourselves: what should we do concretely in these days as we draw near to Christmas? How can I do my part? Let’s choose something concrete, even if it is small, that is adapted to our situation in life, and let’s continue doing it to prepare us for this Christmas. For example: I can call a person who is alone, visit that elderly person or that person who is ill, do something to serve a poor person, someone in need. Even still: maybe I need to ask forgiveness, grant forgiveness, clarify a situation, pay a debt. Perhaps I have neglected prayer and after so much time has elapsed, it’s time to ask the Lord for forgiveness. Brothers and sisters, let’s find something concrete and do it! May the Madonna help us, in whose womb God took on flesh.

이제 결론적으로 우리 자신에게 자문합시다. 성탄절이 다가오는 이때에 우리는 구체적으로 어떻게 해야 합니까? 내 역할을 어떻게 할 수 있습니까? 비록 작더라도 삶에서 우리의 상황에 맞는 구체적인 무엇을 선택합시다. 그리고 이번 크리스마스를 준비하기 위해 그것을 계속합시다. 예를 들어서 외로운 사람에게 전화를 걸 수 있고, 그 노인이나 아픈 사람을 방문할 수 있습니다. 가난한 사람이나 도움이 필요한 사람에게 봉사하는 무엇을 할 수 있습니다. 또한 용서를 청하거나 용서를 하거나 상황을 명확히 하거나 부채를 갚을 수 있습니다. 내가 기도를 소홀이 했거나 기도한지 한참 지났다면 주님께 용서를 청할 시간입니다. 형제자매 여러분, 구체적인 무엇을 찾아서 행합시다. 하느님께서 당신의 태중에서 육화하신 성모님 저희를 도우소서!
Dear brothers and sisters, I want to assure you of my prayers for dear Ukraine, for all its Churches and religious communities, and for all its people so that the tensions it is experiencing might be resolved through a serious international dialogue and not with weapons. A statistic I read recently saddens me greatly: more weapons were produced this year than last year. Weapons are not the right path. May the Lord’s Birth bring peace to Ukraine.

삼종기도 후의 말씀
친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 사랑하는 우크라이나, 모든 교회와 수도 공동체, 모든 국민을 위해 기도합니다. 지금 겪고 있는 긴장이 무기가 아닌 진지한 국제적 대화를 통해서 해결되도록 기도합니다. 최근에 읽은 통계가 저를 슬프게 합니다. 금년에 작년에 비해 더 많은 무기가 생산됐다고 합니다. 무기는 올바른 길이 아닙니다. 주님의 탄생이 우크라이나에 평화를 가져오소서!

I also pray for the victims of the tornado that hit Kentucky and other areas of the United States of America.

저는 또한 켄터키와 미합중국의 다른 지역을 강타한 토네이도의 희생자들을 위해 기도합니다.

And now, allow me to change to Spanish so I can warmly greet the communities of the entire Latin American continent and the Philippines – how many flags from Latin American countries – who have gathered here in Saint Peter’s Square to recite the Rosary in honour of the Virgin of Guadalupe and to consecrate themselves to her, congratulations! I congratulate you who, by doing this, have united yourselves to those who from Alaska to Patagonia are celebrating Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mother of the true God by whom we live, every 12 December. May the Virgin of Guadalupe and Saint Juan Diego teach us how to always walk together from the peripheries toward the centre in communion with the Successor of the Apostles, who are the Bishops, so as to bear good news to everyone. This experience must be repeated over and over again. In this way, God, who is communion, will move us toward conversion and the renewal of the Church and of society, that we need so much in the Americas – the situation in many Latin American countries is very sad – as well as throughout the world. I am happy that through acts of faith, and public witness such as what you are doing today, we begin preparations for the Jubilee of Guadalupe in 2031, and the Jubilee of the Redemption in 2033, we always have to keep looking forward, right? Everyone together – Viva la Virgen de Guadalupe!

그리고 이제 스페인어로 바꿔서 라틴 아메리카 대륙 전체와 필리핀 - 수많은 라틴 아메리카 국가들의 국기가 보입니다. - 의 공동체들에게 인사하도록 허락하여 주십시오. 그들은 여기 성 베드로 광장에 모여 과다루페의 동정마리아를 기리는 묵주기도를 바치고 자신들을 동정마리아께 봉헌합니다. 축하합니다. 이렇게 함으로써 여러분은 알래스카에서 파타고니아에 이르기까지 우리 삶을 지켜주시는 진정한 하느님의 어머니이신 과다루페의 우리의 성모님을 매년 12월 12일에 기념하고 있는 분들과 일치를 이룹니다. 여러분 축하합니다. 과달루페의 동정녀와 성 후안 디에고여 저희가 사도들의 후계자인 주교들과의 친교 안에 항상 주변으로부터 중심으로 함께 걸을 수 있도록 가르쳐 주시어 모든 이들에게 복음을 전하게 하소서. 이 경험은 계속해서 반복되어야 합니다. 이런 식으로 친교이신 하느님께서 우리를 회개와 미 대륙과 전 세계의 교회와 사회의 쇄신으로 이끄실 것입니다. 미 대륙에서의 교회와 사회의 쇄신이 절실히 필요합니다. 많은 남미 나라들의 상황은 매우 슬픕니다. 오늘 여러분이 하시는 것과 같은 믿음의 행위와 공적 증거를 통해서 우리가 2031년의 과달루페 성년과 2033년의 구원의 성년에 대한 준비를 시작하는 것이 행복합니다. 우리는 항상 기대해야 합니다. 그렇지요? 모두 함께 환호합시다. Viva la Virgen de Guadalupe!

I also extend best wishes to Caritas Internationalis celebrating its 70th anniversary. It’s a little girl, eh! It needs to grow up and get stronger! Throughout the world, Caritas is the Church’s loving hand outstretched to the poor and most vulnerable, in whom Christ is present. I invite you to carry your service forward with humility and creativity so as to reach the most marginalised and to foster integral development as the antidote to a “throw-away” culture and indifference. In particular, I encourage your international “Together We Campaign”, founded on the strength of the community in promoting the care of creation and the poor. The wounds inflicted on our common home have devastating effects on the least. But communities can contribute toward a necessary ecological conversion. For this reason, I invite you to adhere to Caritas Internationalis’ campaign. And to you, dear friends of Caritas Internationalis, continue your work in streamlining the organisation so that the money doesn’t go to the organisation but to the poor. Streamline the organisation well.

저는 또한 창립 70주년을 기념하는 Caritas Internationalis 에게도 최고의 축복을 전합니다. 아직 어린 소녀지요? 예! 성장하고 더 강해져야 합니다! 전 세계에 걸쳐 카리타스는 가난한 사람들과 가장 취약한 사람들에게 뻗치는 교회의 사랑의 손길입니다. 저는 여러분이 겸손과 창의성을 가지고 여러분의 봉사를 계속 수행하여 가장 소외된 사람들에게 다가가고 "버리는“ 문화와 무관심의 해독제로서 총체적인 발전을 이루도록 청합니다. 특별히 저는 피조물과 가난한 사람들의 보호를 증진하는 공동체의 강점의 기초 위에 세워진 여러분의 국제 ”Together We Campaign"을 격려합니다. 우리의 공동의 집에 가해진 상처는 가장 어려운 사람들에게 막대한 피해를 줍니다. 그러나 공동체들은 필요한 생태학적 변화에 기여할 수 있습니다. 이러한 이유로 저는 여러분이 Caritas Internationalis 의 캠페인에 집중하도록 청합니다. 그리고 Caritas Internationalis 의 친애하는 친구 여러분, 조직을 합리화하는 여러분의 노력을 계속하십시오. 그래서 돈이 조직이 아니라 가난한 사람들에게 가도록 하십시오. 조직을 잘 합리화하십시오.

And I greet all of you, people of Rome and pilgrims; especially you, boys and girls who have come with your Baby Jesus figurines to receive the blessing. At the end, I will bless all the Baby Jesus figures. I thank the Roman Oratory Centre, and I ask you to bring my Christmas greetings to your grandparents and all your dear ones.

그리고 저는 로마의 사람들과 순례자 여러분 모두에게 인사를 드립니다. 특히 축복을 받기 위해 아기 예수 인형을 가지고 온  소년 소녀 여러분에게 인사를 전합니다. 마지막에 제가 모든 아기 예수 인형을 축복하겠습니다. Roman Oratory Centre 에 감사드리며, 여러분이 저의 크리스마스 인사를 여러분의 조부모님과 여러분의 사랑하는 분들에게 전해주시기 바랍니다.

I greet the faithful of Leiria (Portugal) and those from Saint Aloysius Gonzaga parish in Rome. I greet the children from Civitavecchia who are preparing themselves for First Communion, and the children from Our Lady Star of Evangelization in Rome who are preparing for Confirmation. I greet the Adult Scouts from Rimini and from San Marino-Montefeltro and the group of workers from the school in Sondrio, as well as the people from the villages of Ardea whom I encourage to be dedicated to dialogue for the care of their territory. I also greet the group from Senigallia (Marche).

저는 Leiria (포르투갈) 의 신자들과 로마의 Saint Aloysius Gonzaga 본당의 신자들에게 인사드립니다. 첫 영성체를 준비하고 있는 치비타베키아 어린이들과 견진성사를 준비하고 있는 로마 Our Lady Star of Evangelization 의 어린이들에게 인사를 드립니다. 저는 리미니와 산마리노-몬테펠트로의 성인 스카우트와 손드리오 학교의 노동자 그룹, 그리고 자신들의 구역 보호를 위한 대화에 전념할 것을 권장하는 아르데아 마을의 사람들을 환영합니다. 저는 또한  Senigallia (Marche) 에서 온 그룹에게 인사를 드립니다.

And I wish all of you a good Sunday. Once again, we salute the Madonna of Guadalupe. Viva la Virgen de Guadalupe!. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci.

그리고 모두 좋은 주일 보내시고, 다시 한 번 과달루페의 성모님께 존경을 표합니다. 비바 라 비르겐 데 과달루페! 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 맛있는 점심 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.