영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2021.12.08)

최고관리자
2021.12.21 12:05 263 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus, Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Wednesday, 8 December 2021)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel for today’s Liturgy, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, brings us into the house of Nazareth, where she receives the angel’s annunciation (cf. Lk 1:26-38). Within the domestic walls, a person reveals him or herself better than elsewhere. And it is precisely within that domestic intimacy that the Gospel gives us a detail that reveals the beauty of Mary’s heart.

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀, 원죄 없이 잉태되신 복되신 동정 마리아 대축일 (2021년 12월 8일 수요일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 원죄 없이 잉태되신 복되신 동정 마리아 대축일인 오늘 전례 복음은 우리를 나사렛의 가정집으로 안내합니다. 그곳에서 성모님은 천사의 예고를 받습니다. (루카 1,26-38 참조) 가정집 안에서 사람은 다른 곳보다 자신을 더 잘 드러냅니다. 그 가정의 친밀함 안에서 복음은 마리아의 아름다운 마음의 자세한 내용을 들려줍니다.

The angel calls her “full of grace”. If she is full of grace, it means Our Lady is void of evil: she is without sin, Immaculate. Now, at the angel’s greeting, Mary — the text says — is “greatly troubled” (Lk 1:29). She is not only surprised, but troubled. To receive grand greetings, honours and compliments sometimes brings the risk of provoking pride and presumption. Let us recall that Jesus is not gentle with those who go in search of greetings in the squares, adulation, visibility (cf. Lk 20:46). Mary, instead, does not exalt herself, but is troubled; rather than feeling pleased, she feels amazement. The angel’s greeting seemed too grand for her. Why? Because she feels “little” within, and this littleness, this humility attracts God’s eyes.

천사는 "은총이 가득한" 마리아라고 부릅니다. 마리아가 은총으로 가득 차 있다는 것은 우리의 성모님이 죄악이 없다는 뜻입니다. 그분은 죄가 없습니다. 원죄가 없습니다. 이제, 천사의 인사에 마리아는 – 본문에 – “몹시 놀랍니다.”(루카 1,29). 그는 놀랐을 뿐만 아니라 마음이 편치 않습니다. 화려한 인사, 영예와 찬사를 받는 것은 때때로 교만과 오만을 불러일으킬 위험이 있습니다. 예수님께서 장터에서 인사받기를 좋아하며, 칭찬과 드러남을 찾는 사람들을 좋아하지 않으신다는 것을 기억합시다. (루카 20,46 참조) 오히려 마리아는 자신을 높이지 않고 마음이 편치 않습니다. 그분은 기쁨을 느끼기보다 놀라움을 느낍니다. 천사의 인사는 그에게 과분해보였습니다. 왜 그렇습니까? 그는 내면에서 "작은" 느낌을 갖고 있기 때문이고, 이 작음, 이 겸손이 하느님의 눈을 끕니다.

Within the walls of the house of Nazareth, we thus see a marvellous trait. How is Mary’s heart? Having received the highest of compliments, she is troubled because she hears addressed to her what she does not attribute to herself. In fact, Mary does not credit prerogatives to herself, she does not hold claim to anything, she accounts nothing to her own merit. She is not self-satisfied, she does not exalt herself. For in her humility, she knows she receives everything from God. She is therefore, free from herself, completely oriented toward God and others. Mary Immaculate does not look on herself. This is true humility: not looking on oneself, but looking toward God and others.

따라서 우리는 나사렛 가정집 안에서 놀라운 특성을 봅니다. 마리아의 마음은 어떻습니까? 최고의 찬사를 받고 마리아는 마음이 편치 않습니다. 자신의 공으로 돌릴 수 없는 것을 자신에게 얘기하는 것을 듣기 때문입니다. 사실 마리아는 자신에게 특권을 부여하지 않습니다. 아무 주장도 하지 않으며 아무것도 자신의 공으로 생각하지 않습니다. 그는 자만하지 않고 자신을 높이지 않습니다. 겸손한 마음으로 모든 것을 하느님으로부터 받는다는 것을 알기 때문입니다. 그러므로 마리아는 자신으로부터 자유롭고 완전하게 하느님과 타인들에게 향하고 있습니다. 원죄 없으신 마리아는 자신을 바라보지 않습니다. 이것이 진정한 겸손입니다. 자신을 바라보지 않고 하느님과 타인들을 바라봅니다.

Let us remember that this perfection of Mary, the [one who is] full of grace, is declared by the angel within the walls of her house — not in Nazareth’s main square, but there, in hiding, in the greatest humility. In that little house of Nazareth beats the greatest heart that any creature has ever had. Dear brothers and sisters, this is extraordinary news for us! Because it tells us that, in order to work marvellous deeds, the Lord has no need of grand means and our lofty abilities, but rather of our humility, of our eyes open to him, and also open to others. With this annunciation, within the poor walls of a small house, God changed history. Today too, he wants to do great things with us in our daily lives: that is, in our families, at work, in everyday environments. God’s grace loves to operate there more than in great historical events. But, I ask myself, do we believe this? Or do we think that holiness is a utopia, something for insiders, a pious illusion incompatible with ordinary life?

마리아의 이 완전함을 기억합시다. 나사렛의 중앙 광장이 아닌 그의 집 안에서, 숨겨져서, 가장 겸손한 가운데 천사로부터 은총이 가득하신 분이라고 선포됨을 기억합시다. 나사렛의 그 작은 집에서 어떤 피조물도 갖지 못한 가장 위대한 심장이 뜁니다. 친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 이것은 우리에게 특별한 소식입니다. 우리에게 다음을 알려주기 때문입니다. 즉 기적을 행하시기 위해 주님께서는 엄청난 수단 (재력)과 우리의 높은 능력을 필요로 하지 않으시고 오히려 우리의 겸손 또는 주님께 그리고 이웃을 향한 우리의 눈을 필요로 하십니다. 이 예고로, 작은 집의 빈약한 담 안에서 하느님께서 역사를 바꾸셨습니다. 오늘도 하느님께서 우리의 일상생활, 즉 우리의 가정, 직장, 매일의 환경에서 우리와 함께 큰일을 하고 싶어 하십니다. 하느님의 은총은 위대한 역사적 사건에서 보다 그곳 (우리의 일상) 에서 활동하는 것을 사랑합니다. 저는 자문합니다. 우리는 이것을 믿습니까? 아니면 우리는 거룩함은 유토피아, 내부인들을 위한 무엇, 평범한 삶과 양립할 수 없는 독실한 환상이라고 생각합니까?

Let us ask Our Lady for a grace: that she may free us from the misleading idea that the Gospel is one thing and life is another; that she kindle our enthusiasm for the ideal of holiness which is not a matter of holy cards and images, but is about living what happens each day, humbly and joyfully, like Our Lady, free from ourselves, with our eyes fixed on God and the neighbour we meet. Let us not lose heart: The Lord has given everyone what it takes to weave holiness within our everyday life! And when we are assailed by the doubt that we cannot succeed, or the sadness of not being adequate, let us allow ourselves to be looked upon by the “merciful eyes” of Our Lady, for no one who has asked for her help has ever been abandoned!

성모님께 은총을 청합시다. 복음과 삶이 별개라는 그릇된 생각으로부터 우리를 자유롭게 하여 주시고, 성스러운 카드나 형상의 문제가 아닌 이상적인 거룩함, 즉 성모님처럼, 우리자신으로부터 자유롭게 되어 우리의 눈이 하느님과 우리가 만나는 이웃에게 고정되고, 겸손하게 기쁘게 사는 매일의 삶에 관한 이상적인 거룩함에 대한 우리의 열정에 불을 지펴주소서. 낙심하지 맙시다. 주님께서 모든 사람들에게 우리의 일상생활 안에서 거룩함을 짜는데 필요한 모든 것을 주셨습니다. 성공할 수 없다는 의심, 또는 자질이 없다는 슬픔에 시달릴 때 우리 성모님의 “자비로운 눈”에 자신을 맡기십시오. 성모님께 도움을 청한 사람 중에 아무도 거절당하지 않았기 때문입니다.

After the Angelus, the Holy Father continued:

Dear brothers and sisters, I returned from my journey to Cyprus and Greece two days ago. I thank the Lord for this pilgrimage; I thank all of you for the prayers that accompanied me, and the populations of those two dear countries, along with their civil and religious leaders, for the affection and kindness with which they welcomed me. To all of you, I say again: thank you!

사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 이틀 전에 키프로스와 그리스 여행을 마치고 돌아왔습니다. 나는 이 순례에 대해 주님께 감사드립니다. 저의 여행 내내 기도해 주신 모든 분들께, 그리고 그 두 친애하는 국가의 백성 그리고 그들의 시민 지도자들과 종교 지도자들이 애정과 친절로 저를 환영해주신 것에 감사드립니다. 여러분 모두에게 다시 한 번 말씀드립니다. 감사합니다.

Cyprus is a pearl in the Mediterranean, a pearl of rare beauty, which, however, bears the wound of barbed wire, the suffering due to a wall that divides her. In Cyprus I felt at home; I found brothers and sisters in everyone. I carry in my heart every encounter, in particular the Mass in the stadium of Nicosia. I was moved by the dear Orthodox Brother Chrysostomos, when he spoke to me about the Mother Church : as Christians we follow different paths, but we are children of Jesus’ Church, who is a Mother, and accompanies and protects us and keeps us going, all as brothers and sisters. My hope for Cyprus is that it may always be a workshop of fraternity, where encounter prevails over confrontation, where we welcome our brother and sister, especially when they are poor, discarded, migrants. I repeat that, faced with history, before the faces of those who emigrate, we cannot remain silent, we cannot turn away.

키프로스는 지중해의 진주, 희귀한 아름다움의 진주지만, 철조망의 상처, 나라를 나누는 벽으로 인한 고통을 지니고 있습니다. 키프로스에서 저는 편안함을 느꼈습니다. 저는 모든 사람들이 제게 형제자매임을 발견했습니다. 제 가슴에 모든 만남을 특히 니코시아 경기장에서의 미사를 기억합니다. 저는 친애하는 정교회 형제 크리소스토모스 (Chrysostomos) 가 어머니 교회에 대해 이야기했을 때 감동했습니다. 기독교인으로서 우리는 다른 길을 가지만, 우리는 어머니이신 예수님 교회의 자녀이며 그 어머니는 우리를 동반하고 보호하며 우리 모두를 형제자매로서 계속 나아갈 수 있도록 합니다. 키프로스에 대한 저의 희망은 키프로스가 대립보다 만남이 우세하고, 우리의 형제자매를 특히 가난한 사람들, 버림받은 사람들, 그리고 이민자들을 환영하는 형제애의 워크샵이 되는 것입니다. 역사에 직면하여 이민 가는 사람들 앞에서 우리는 침묵하고 외면할 수 없다는 것을 거듭 말씀드립니다.

In Cyprus, as in Lesvos, I was able to look into the eyes of this suffering: please, let us look into the eyes of the discarded people we meet, let us be provoked by the faces of children, the children of desperate migrants. Let us allow ourselves to be moved by their suffering in order to react to our indifference; let us look at their faces, to awaken us from the slumber of habit!

그리스의 Lesvos 에서와 마찬가지로 키프로스에서 저는 이 고통의 눈들을 바라볼 수 있었습니다. 부디, 우리가 만나는 버려진 사람들의 눈을 들여다봅시다. 어린이들의 얼굴에서, 절망적인 이민자들의 어린이들의 얼굴에 자극을 받읍시다. 우리의 무관심에 반응하기 위해 그들의 고통에 마음이 움직이도록 합시다. 습관의 잠에서 우리를 깨우기 위해 그들의 얼굴을 봅시다!

Then I think with gratitude of Greece. There too I received a fraternal welcome. In Athens I felt immersed in the greatness of history, in the memory of Europe : humanism, democracy, wisdom, faith. There too I experienced the mystique of wholeness: in the meeting with my brother Bishops and the Catholic community, in the festive Mass celebrated on the Lord’s Day, and then with the young people who had come from so many places, some from very far away, to live and share the joy of the Gospel. And again, I experienced the gift of embracing the dear Orthodox Archbishop Ieronymos: first he welcomed me into his home and the next day he came to visit me. I cherish this fraternity in my heart. I entrust to the Holy Mother of God the many seeds of encounter and hope that the Lord scattered on this pilgrimage. I ask you to continue to pray so that they may sprout in patience and blossom in trust.

그리고 저는 감사한 마음으로 그리스를 생각합니다. 그곳에서도 저는 형제적 환영을 받았습니다. 아테네에서 저는 유럽의 기억 즉 인본주의, 민주주의, 지혜, 믿음 등의 역사의 위대함을 느꼈습니다. 그곳에서도 저는 일체성의 신비를 경험했습니다. 제 형제 주교들과 가톨릭 공동체와의 만남, 주일에 거행된 미사에서, 그리고 복음을 살고 복음의 기쁨을 나누기 위해 아주 많은 곳에서 온 젊은이들과, 아주 먼 곳에서 온 젊은이들과의 만남에서 경험했습니다. 그리고 다시 저는 친애하는 정교회 대주교 이에로니모스과 포옹하는 선물을 경험했습니다. 먼저 그는 저를 자기 집으로 맞아들였고 그 다음날 저를 방문했습니다. 저는 이 형제애를 마음으로 소중히 여깁니다. 저는 거룩하신 하느님의 어머니께 주님께서 이 순례 길에 뿌려주신 많은 만남과 희망의 씨앗을 맡깁니다. 이 씨앗들이 인내 속에서 싹트고 믿음 안에서 꽃피울 수 있도록 여러분이 계속 기도해주시기 바랍니다.

Today marks the end of the Year dedicated to Saint Joseph, Patron of the Universal Church. And the day after tomorrow, 10 December, the Lauretan Jubilee will come to a close in Loreto. May the grace of these events continue to work in our lives and in the lives of our communities. May the Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph guide us on the path to holiness!

오늘은 보편 교회의 수호성인인 성 요셉에게 헌정된 해의 마지막 날입니다. 그리고 모레, 12월 10일, 에 로레토에서 로레탄 성년이 막을 내립니다. 이 행사들의 은총이 우리의 삶에 그리고 우리 공동체의 삶에 계속 작용하기를 바랍니다. 동정 마리아와 성 요셉이여, 성화의 길에 저희를 이끌어주소서!

And I greet all of you, people of Rome and pilgrims! A special wish for Italian Catholic Action: may it be a gymnasium of synodality in dioceses and parishes. I greet the children of the “Milleunavoce” Choir, the faithful of Zaragoza and the young people from Valdemoro, Diocese of Getafe, Spain — the Spanish are making themselves heard, all right! — As well as the delegation from the Municipality of Rocca di Papa, with the torch that will light the Christmas Star on the town’s fortress. I greet the group of Mexicans from the State of Puebla.

그리고 로마 시민과 순례자 여러분께 인사드립니다! ‘이탈리아 가톨릭 행동’에 대한 특별한 기원은 “‘이탈리아 가톨릭 행동’이 교구와 본당 안에서 시노드의 체육관이 되게 하소서!” 저는 “Milleunavoce” 합창단의 어린이들과 사라고사의 신자들과 스페인 헤타페 교구의 Valdemoro 에서 온 젊은이들에게 인사를 전합니다. — 스페인 신자들이 함성을 지릅니다. 좋습니다. - Rocca di Papa 시의 대표단에게도 인사를 전합니다. 그들은 마을 요새의 크리스마스 별에 불을 지필 횃불을 들고 있습니다. 나는 푸에블라 주에서 온 멕시코 신자 그룹을 환영합니다.

And I wish you all a happy feast day, especially you children of the Immacolata. It is your feast! Please do not forget to pray for me, and I will for you. Enjoy your lunch and Arrivederci.

그리고 저는 여러분 모두, 특히 이마콜라타의 어린이들에게 행복한 축일을 기원합니다. 여러분의 축일입니다. 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 저도 여러분을 위해 기도하겠습니다. 맛있는 점심 드리고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.