영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2021.11.21)

최고관리자
2021.12.08 17:29 194 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] the Solemnity of Christ the King (21 November 2021)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel from today’s liturgy, the last Sunday of the Liturgical Year, ends with an affirmation made by Jesus who says: “I am a king” (Jn 18:37). He pronounces these words in front of Pilate, while the crowd shouts out that he be condemned to death. He says: “I am a king”, and the crowd cries out that he be condemned to death. Quite a contrast. The crucial hour has come. Previously, it seems that Jesus had not wanted the people to acclaim him as king: we recall that time after the multiplication of the loaves and fish when he withdrew by himself to pray (cf. Jn 6:14-15).

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 그리스도 왕 대축일 (2021년 11월 21일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 전례력의 마지막 주일인 오늘 전례의 복음은 “나는 임금이다.” (요한 18,37) 라고 하신 예수님의 확언으로 끝납니다. 그분이  빌라도 앞에서 이 말씀을 하시는 동안 군중은 그를 사형에 처하라고 소리쳤습니다. 그분은 “나는 임금이다”라고 말씀하시고 군중은 그를 사형에 처하라고 외칩니다. 상당히 대조적입니다. 결정적인 시간이 왔습니다. 이전에 예수님은 사람들이 자신을 임금으로 칭송하는 것을 원치 않으셨던 것 같습니다. 우리는 빵과 물고기의 기적 후에 예수님께서 스스로 기도하려 물러가신 것을 기억합니다. (요한 6,14-15 참조)

The fact is that the kingship of Jesus is completely different than that of the world. “My kingship”, he says to Pilate, “is not of this world” (Jn 18:36). He did not come to dominate but to serve. He did not come amid signs of power, but with the power of signs. He was not dressed with precious insignia, but he was naked on the cross. And it was precisely through the inscription placed on the cross that Jesus came to be defined as “king” (cf. Jn 19:19). His kingship is truly beyond human parameters! We could say that he is not like other kings, but he is a King for others.

사실 예수님의 왕권은 세상의 왕권과 완전히 다릅니다. 예수님께서 빌라도에게 “내 나라는 이 세상에 속하지 않는다.” (요한 18,36) 고 말씀하십니다. 예수님께서는 지배하러 오신 것이 아니고 섬기러 오셨습니다. 그분은 권력의 표시 가운데 오시지 않고 기적의 능력을 가지고 오셨습니다. 그분은 값비싼 휘장을 두르지 않으셨고 십자가 위에 벌거벗은 상태였습니다. 예수님께서 “임금” (요한 19,19 참조)으로 정의되신 것은 정확히 십자가에 새겨진 비문을 통해서였습니다. 그분의 왕권은 진정 인간의 한계를 뛰어넘습니다. 우리는 그분이 다른 왕들과 같지 않지만 그분은 다른 사람들을 위한 왕이라고 말할 수 있습니다.

Let us reflect on this: in front of Pilate, Christ says he is a king at the moment in which the crowd is against Him; but when the crowd was following and acclaiming him, he remained distant from this acclamation. That is, Jesus is showing that he is sovereignly free from the desire of earthly fame and glory. And we – let us ask ourselves – do we know how to imitate him in this aspect? Do we know how to govern our tendency to be continuously sought after and approved, or do we do everything to be esteemed by others? So, I ask: what matters? Is it applause or service that matters about what we do, particularly concerning our Christian commitment?

이것을 생각해 봅시다. 그리스도께서는 빌라도 앞에서 군중이 그를 대적하는 순간에 자신이 임금이라고 말씀하십니다. 그러나 군중이 그를 따르고 환호할 때 이 환호에서 멀리 떨어져 계셨습니다. 즉, 예수님께서 세상적인 명성이나 영광에 대한 욕망으로부터 극히 자유로우심을 보여주고 계십니다. 우리 자신에게 물어봅시다. 이런 면에서 우리는 어떻게 예수님을 본받을 수 있는지 아십니까? 지속적으로 다른 사람들로부터 인기를 얻고 인정을 받고 싶은 경향을 다스릴 방법을 알고 있습니까? 아니면 다른 사람들의 존경을 받기 위해서 모든 일을 합니까?  그래서 저는 질문합니다. 무엇이 중요합니까? 우리가 하는 일, 특히 그리스도인의 헌신과 관련하여 박수입니까? 봉사입니까?

Jesus not only fled from seeking any earthly greatness, but he also makes the hearts of those who follow him free and sovereign. Dear brothers and sisters, he frees us from being subject to evil. His Kingdom is liberating, there is nothing oppressive about it. He treats every disciple as a friend, not as a subject. Even while being above all sovereigns, he draws no dividing line between himself and others. Instead, he wants to have brothers and sisters with whom to share his joy (cf. Jn 15:11).

예수님께서는 세상적인 어떤 위대함도 추구하는 것을 피하셨을 뿐만 아니라 자신을 따르는 사람들의 마음을 자유롭고 자주적이게 하셨습니다. 친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 그분은 우리를 악에 빠지지 않게 해 주십니다. 그분의 나라는 자유롭게 합니다. 억압적인 것은 아무것도 없습니다. 그분은 모든 제자들을 종으로 대하지 않고 친구로 대하십니다. 그분은 무엇보다 군주이면서도 자신과 남들을 구분하는 선을 긋지 않으십니다. 그 대신에 자신의 기쁨을 함께 나눌 형제자매들을 원하십니다. (요한 15,11 참조)

We do not lose anything in following him – nothing is lost, no – but we acquire dignity because Christ does not want servility around him, but people who are free. And – we can ask ourselves now – from whence does Jesus’ freedom derive? We discover that by returning to the affirmation he made in front of Pilate: “I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world: to bear witness to the truth” (Jn 18:37).

우리는 그분을 따르면서 아무것도 잃지 않습니다. 아무것도 잃어버리지 않습니다. 그러나 우리는 존엄성을 얻습니다. 그리스도께서 주위에 종이 아니라 자유인을 원하시기 때문입니다. 그리고 – 이제 우리는 자문할 수 있습니다 – 예수님의 자유는 어디에서 옵니까? 빌라도 앞에서 그의 말에 응답하시면서 예수님께서 이렇게 말씀하십니다. “내가 임금이다. 나는 진리를 증언하려고 태어났으며, 진리를 증언하려고 세상에 왔다.” (요한 18,37)

Jesus’ freedom derives from the truth. It is truth that makes us free (cf. Jn 8:32). But the truth of Jesus is not an idea, something abstract: the truth of Jesus is a reality, it is He himself who made the truth within us that frees us from the fabrications and falsity that we have inside, from doublespeak. Being with Jesus, we become true. The life of a Christian is not a play in which you can don the mask that best suits you. For when Jesus reigns in the heart, he frees it from hypocrisy, he frees it from subterfuge, from duplicity.

예수님의 자유는 진리에서 나옵니다. 우리를 자유롭게 하는 것은 진리입니다. (요한 8,32 참조) 그러나 예수님의 진리는 관념이나 추상적인 것이 아닙니다. 예수님의 진리는 실재이며, 우리를 조작과 거짓, 모호함에서 자유롭게 하는 진리를 우리 안에 주신 분이 바로 예수님 자신이십니다. 예수님과 함께 있으면 우리는 참되어집니다. 그리스도인의 삶은 자신에게 가장 잘 어울리는 가면을 쓰고 사는 연극이 아닙니다. 마음을 예수님께서 다스리실 때, 위선과 속임수와 이중성에서 마음을 해방시키시기 때문입니다.

The best proof that Christ is our king is detachment from what pollutes life, makes it ambiguous, opaque, sad. When life is ambiguous – a bit here and there – it is sad, very sad. We must always face our limitations and defects, of course: we are all sinners. But when we live under the lordship of Jesus, we do not become corrupt, we do not become false, inclined to cover up the truth. We do not live double lives. Remember this well: all of us are sinners, yes; corrupt, never, never. Sinners, yes; corrupt, never. May the Madonna help us to seek every day the truth of Jesus, King of the Universe, who liberates us from earthly slavery and teaches us to govern our vices.

그리스도께서 우리의 임금이시라는 가장 좋은 증거는 삶을 더럽히고 모호하고 불투명하고 슬프게 만드는 것들로부터의 분리입니다. 삶이 모호할 때 – 여기 저기 약간 – 슬프고, 매우 슬픕니다. 물론 우리는 항상 우리의 한계와 결점에 직면해야 합니다. 우리는 모두 죄인입니다. 그러나 우리가 예수님의 주권 아래 살 때 우리는 부패하지 않고 거짓이 되지 않고 진리를 은폐하려는 경향을 갖지 않게 됩니다. 우리는 이중생활을 하지 않습니다. 이것을 잘 기억하십시오. 우리 모두는 죄인입니다. 그렇습니다. 그러나 부패는 절대 안 됩니다. 죄인들, 그렇습니다. 그러나 부패는 절대 안 됩니다. 성모 마리아여, 저희를 도우셔서 세상적인 노예로부터 저희를 자유롭게 하시고 저희의 악을 다스리도록 가르쳐주시는 우주의 임금이신 예수님의 진리를 매일 추구하게 하소서!
.______________________________________
After the Angelus, the Holy Father continued:
Today, for the first time on the Solemnity of Christ the King, World Youth Day is being celebrated in all the particular Churches. This is why there are two young people from Rome beside me, representing all the young people of Rome. I cordially greet the young boys and girls from our Diocese, and I hope that all the young people in the world might feel that they are a living part of the Church, protagonists of her mission. Thank you for coming! And do not forget that to reign is to serve. What was that? To reign is to serve. All together: to reign is to serve. Just like our King teaches us. Now I ask these young people to greet you. Say something [he says to the young woman].

삼종기도 후의 말씀
오늘 처음으로 그리스도 왕 대축일에 세계 청년의 날이 모든 교회에서 거행되고 있습니다. 이것이 로마의 모든 젊은이들을 대표하는 두 명의 로마 젊은이가 제 옆에 있는 이유입니다. 저는 우리 교구의 어린 소년 소녀들을 진심으로 환영하며, 전 세계의 모든 젊은이들이 자신이 교회의 살아 있는 일부이자 교회 사명의 주인공임을 느낄 수 있기를 바랍니다. 와주셔서 감사합니다! 그리고 통치하는 것이 섬기는 것임을 잊지 마십시오. 뭐였지요? 통치한다는 것은 섬기는 것입니다. 모두 함께: 통치하는 것은 섬기는 것입니다. 바로 우리의 임금님이 우리에게 가르치는 것과 같습니다. 이제 이 젊은이들에게 인사를 부탁합니다. [그가 젊은 여성에게 말합니다] 무언가를 말하십시오.

Young woman: Happy World Youth Day to all of you! Pope: Say something creative [to the young man]. Young man: Let us testify that believing in Jesus is beautiful!
Pope: See that! This is beautiful! Thank you. Remain here [to the two young people].

청년: 여러분 모두에게 행복한 세계 청소년의 날입니다! 교황: [청년에게] 창의적인 말을 하십시오. 청년: 예수님을 믿는 것이 아름답다는 것을 간증합시다! 교황: 그것 보십시오! 아름답습니다! 감사합니다. [두 젊은이에게] 가지 말고 여기 계속 서 계십시오.

Today is also World Fisheries Day. I greet all fishermen and I pray for those living in difficult conditions, unfortunately, somethings in forced labour. I encourage the chaplains and volunteers of Stella Maris to continue their pastoral service to these people and their families.

오늘은 세계 수산의 날이기도 합니다. 모든 어부들에게 인사를 드리며 불행히도 강제 노동으로 힘든 상황에 처한 이들을 위해 기도합니다. 저는 Stella Maris의 사제들과 자원봉사자들이 이 사람들과 그들의 가족을 위해 계속해서 사목적 봉사를 하도록 격려합니다.

And today we also remember all road traffic victims: we pray for them and we commit ourselves to prevent accidents. I would also like to encourage the United Nations’ initiatives currently underway toward achieving greater control over the arms trade.

그리고 오늘 우리는 또한 모든 도로 교통 희생자를 기억합니다. 우리는 그들을 위해 기도하고 사고를 예방하기 위한 각오를 새롭게 합니다. 또한 저는 무기 거래에 대한 더 큰 통제를 달성하기 위해 현재 진행 중인 유엔의 이니셔티브를 격려하고 싶습니다.

Yesterday in Katowice, in Poland, Jan Franciszek Macha was beatified, killed in hatred of the faith in 1941 within the context of the persecutions against the Church during the Nazi regime. In the darkness of his prison, he found in God the strength and meekness to face that calvary. May his martyrdom be a fruitful seed of hope and peace. A round of applause for the new Blessed.

어제 폴란드 카토비체에서 Jan Franciszek Macha의 시복식이 있었습니다. 그는 나치 정권 동안 교회에 대한 박해의 상황에서 1941년에 신앙에 대한 증오로 살해되었습니다. 감옥의 어두움에서 그는 그 고난을 직면할 수 있는 힘과 온유함을 하느님에게서 찾았습니다. 그의 순교가 희망과 평화의 열매 맺는 씨앗이 되기를 바랍니다. 새 복자에게 박수를 보냅시다.

I greet all of you, members of the faithful from Rome and pilgrims from various countries, in particular those who have come from Poland and the United States of America. I greet the scouts from the Archdiocese of Braga in Portugal. In a special way, I greet the Ecuadorian community of Rome who is celebrating the Virgin of El Quinche. I greet the faithful from Sant’Antimo (Naples) and from Catania; the Confirmation candidates from Pattada; and the Food Bank (Banco Alimentari) volunteers who are preparing for next Saturday’s National Food Collection Day (Giornata della colletta alimentare). Many thanks! And also to members of the Immacolata. I wish all of you a good Sunday. And please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal and arrivederci!

저는 로마에서 온 신자들과 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들, 특히 폴란드와 미합중국에서 온 여러분 모두에게 인사를 드립니다. 포르투갈 브라가 대교구의 스카우트들에게 인사드립니다. 특별히 엘 퀸체의 동정녀를 기념하는 로마의 에콰도르 공동체를 맞이합니다. 나는 Sant'Antimo(나폴리)와 Catania에서 신자들에게 인사합니다. Pattada의 견진 후보자들; 그리고 다음주 토요일 국가식품수집일 (Giornata della colletta alimentare)을 준비하는 푸드뱅크 (Banco Alimentari) 자원봉사자들. 감사합니다! 그리고 Immacolata의 회원들에게도. 모두 주일 잘 보내시길 빕니다. 그리고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 맛있는 점심 드시고 다음에 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.