영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2021.11.14)

최고관리자
2021.12.08 17:28 149 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time (14 November 2021)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel passage of today’s liturgy begins with a phrase from Jesus that leaves us astonished: “the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven” (Mk13:24-25). But what now, even the Lord was a doomsdayer? No, this is certainly not his intention. He wants us to understand that, sooner or later, everything in this world passes. Even the sun, the moon and the stars that make up the “firmament” — a word that indicates “firmness”, “stability” — are destined to pass away.

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 연중 제30주일 (2021년 11월 14일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례의 복음 구절은 우리를 놀라게 하는 예수님의 말씀으로 시작됩니다. “해는 어두워지고 달은 빛을 내지 않으며 별들은 하늘에서 떨어질 것이다.” (마르코 13:24-25). 그렇다면 주님께서조차 종말론을 주장하시는 분이었나요? 아닙니다. 주님의 의도는 분명 그렇지 않습니다. 주님께서는 우리가 조만간 이 세상의 모든 것이 지나간다는 것을 이해하기를 바라십니다. '하늘'을 구성하는 해와 달과 별도 - 하늘 (firmament) '단단함', '안정'을 나타내는 단어 - 지나가도록 정해져 있습니다.

In the end, however, Jesus says what does not fall: “Heaven and earth will pass away”, he says, “but my words will not pass away ” (v. 31). The Lord’s words will not pass away. He makes a distinction between the penultimate  things, which pass, and the ultimate  things, that remain. It is a message for us, to guide us in our important decisions in life, to guide us on what is worthy of  investing our life in. In something transitory, or in the words of the Lord that remain forever? Obviously on these. But it is not easy. Indeed, the things that come before our senses and give us immediate satisfaction attract us, while the Lord’s  words, although beautiful, go beyond the immediate and require patience.

그러나 예수님께서 결국 무엇이 떨어지지 않는가를 말씀하십니다. “하늘과 땅은 사라질지라도 내 말은 결코 사라지지 않을 것이다.” (31절) 주님의 말씀은 사라지지 않습니다. 예수님께서 지나가는 절대적이 아닌 것과 남게 되는 절대적인 것을 구분하십니다. 그것은 우리에게 주시는 메시지입니다. 삶에서 중요한 결정을 내릴 때 그리고 삶에서 무엇이 투자할 가치가 있는 가를 안내해주는 메시지입니다. 일시적인 것 아니면 영원히 남는 주님의 말씀입니까? 분명히 주님의 말씀이지요. 그러나 쉽지 않습니다. 참으로 우리의 감각에 접근하여 즉각적인 만족을 주는 것들이 우리를 매료시키는 반면 주님의 말씀은 아름답지만 즉각적인 것 너머의 것으로 인내를 필요로 합니다.

We are tempted to cling to what we see and touch and what seems safer to us. It is human, that is temptation. But it is a deception, because “heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away”. Here then, is the invitation: do not build your life on sand. When someone builds a house, they dig deep and lay a solid foundation. Only a fool would say that it is money wasted on something that cannot be seen. According to Jesus, the faithful disciple is the one who founds his life on the rock, which is his Word, which does not pass away (cf. Mt 7:24-27), on the firmness of the Word of Jesus: this is the foundation of the life that Jesus wants from us, and which will not pass away.

우리는 우리가 보고 만지는 것과 우리에게 더 안전해 보이는 것에 집착하려는 유혹을 받습니다. 그것은 인간적이고 그것은 유혹입니다. 그러나 그것은 속임수입니다. 왜냐하면 "하늘과 땅은 사라질지라도 내 말은 결코 사라지지 않을 것”이기 때문입니다. 그리고 여기에 초대장이 있습니다. 여러분의 삶을 모래 위에 짓지 마십시오. 사람들이 집을 지을 때 그들은 깊게 파고 견고한 기초를 쌓습니다. 어리석은 사람만이 그것은 보이지 않는 것에 낭비한 돈이라고 말할 것입니다. 예수님께서는 충실한 제자는 그분의 말씀이며, 사라지지 않는 (마태오 7,24-27 참조), 반석, 예수님 말씀의 견고함 위에 그의 생명을 두는 사람이라고 말씀하십니다. 이것이 예수님께서 우리에게 원하시는 그리고 사라지지 않는 생명의 반석입니다.

And now the question  — when we read the Word of God, questions always arise — let us ask ourselves: what is the centre, what is the beating heart of the Word of God? In short, what is it that gives solidity to life, and will never end? Saint Paul tells us. The very centre, the beating heart, what gives solidity, is love: “Love never ends ” (1 Cor 13:8), says Saint Paul: love. Those who do good, are investing in eternity. When we see a person who is generous and helpful, meek, patient, who is not envious, does not gossip, who is not boastful, is not puffed-up with pride, who is not rude (cf. 1 Cor 13:4-7), this is a person who builds Heaven on earth. They may not be noticed or have a career, they will not make the news in the papers, and yet, what they do will not be lost because good is never lost, good lasts forever.

그리고 이제 질문 - 우리가 하느님의 말씀을 읽을 때 항상 질문이 생깁니다. - 자신에게 물어봅시다. 무엇이 중심입니까? 하느님 말씀 중에 심장을 뛰게 하는 것은 무엇입니까? 요컨대 삶에 견고함을 주고 영원히 끝나지 않는 것은 무엇입니까? 성 바오로는 우리에게 말합니다. 가장 중심인 것, 가슴을 뛰게 하는 것, 삶에 견고함을 주는 것은 사랑입니다. 성 바오로가 말합니다. “사랑은 언제까지나 스러지지 않습니다.” (코린토 1서 13,8) 사랑. 선을 행하는 사람들은 영원에 투자합니다. 우리가 너그럽고, 도움을 주고, 온유하며, 오래 참으며, 시기하지 않고, 남의 험담을 하지 않고, 뽐내지 않고, 교만하지 않고, 무례하지 않은 사람을 볼 때 (코린토 1서 13,4-7 참조) 그 사람은 땅에 하늘나라를 짓는 사람입니다. 그들은 드러나지 않거나 경력을 갖고 있지 않거나 신문의 뉴스에 나오지 않을지 모르나 그들이 하는 일은 분실되지 않을 것입니다. 선은 절대로 잃어버리지 않고 선은 영원히 지속되기 때문입니다.

And we, brothers and sisters, let us ask ourselves: on what are we investing our lives? On things that pass, such as money, success, appearance, physical well-being? We will take away none of these things. Are we attached to earthly things, as if we were to live here forever? When we are young and healthy, everything is fine, but when the time comes to depart, we have to leave everything behind.

그리고 우리, 형제자매 여러분, 스스로에게 물어봅시다. 우리는 무엇에 생명을 투자하고 있습니까? 돈, 성공, 외모, 육체적 안녕과 같은 지나가는 것들에 투자합니까? 우리는 이러한 것들 중에 아무것도 가지고 가지 않을 것입니다. 우리는 마치 이곳에서 영원히 살 것처럼 세상적인 것들에 집착하고 있습니까? 우리가 젊고 건강할 때는 다 괜찮지만 떠날 때가 오면 모든 것을 버려야 합니다.

The Word of God warns us today: this world will pass away. And only love will remain. To base one’s life on the Word of God, therefore, is not an escape from history, but an immersion into earthly realities in order to make them solid, to transform them with love, imprinting on them the sign of eternity, the sign of God. Here then is some advice for making important choices. When I do not know what to do, how to make a definitive choice, an important decision, a decision that involves Jesus’ love, what must I do? Before deciding, let us imagine that we are standing in front of Jesus, as at the end of life, before he who is love. And imagining ourselves there, in his presence, at the threshold of eternity, we make the decision for today. We must decide in this way: always looking to eternity, looking at Jesus. It may not be the easiest, it may not be the most immediate, but it will be the right one (cf. Saint Ignatius of Loyola, Spiritual Exercises, 187), that is certain.

하느님의 말씀은 오늘 우리에게 경고합니다. 이 세상은 사라질 것입니다. 그리고 오직 사랑만이 남을 것입니다. 그러므로 하느님의 말씀에 삶의 기초를 두는 것은 역사로부터의 도피가 아니라 지상의 현실 속으로 들어가 견고하게 하고 사랑으로 변모시키고 영원한 표시 하느님의 표시를 각인시키는 것입니다. 다음은 중요한 선택을 하기 위한 몇 가지 조언입니다. 무엇을 해야 할지, 어떻게 결정적인 선택을 해야 할지, 중요한 결정, 예수님의 사랑을 포함한 결정을 해야 할지 모른 때 어떻게 해야 할까요? 결정하기 전에, 우리가 예수님 앞에, 삶의 끝에 있는 것처럼, 사랑이신 그분 앞에 서 있다고 상상해봅시다. 영원의 문턱에, 그분이 계신 곳에 우리자신이 있다고 상상하면서 오늘의 결정을 내립니다. 우리는 항상 영원을 바라보며, 예수님을 바라보며 결정해야 합니다. 그것은 제일 쉽지도 않고 가장 즉각적이지 않을지 모릅니다. 그러나 그것이 확실하고 옳은 방법입니다. (cf. Saint Ignatius of Loyola, Spiritual Exercises, 187)

May Our Lady help us make the important choices in life as she did: according to love, according to God.

우리의 성모님이시여 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 성모님처럼 사랑에 의해 하느님을 따라 삶의 중요한 결정을 내리게 하소서.

After the Angelus, the Holy Father continued:

Dear Brothers and Sisters, today we are celebrating the Fifth World Day of the Poor, which began as a fruit of the Jubilee of Mercy. This year’s theme is Jesus’ Word: “The poor you will always have with you” (Mk 14:7). And it is true: humanity progresses, develops, but the poor are always with us, there are always the poor, and in them, Christ is present, Christ is present in the poor. The day before yesterday, in Assisi, we experienced a powerful moment of witness and prayer, which I invite you to relive.  It will do you good. And I am grateful for the many initiatives of solidarity that were organised in dioceses and parishes throughout the world.

삼종기도 후의 말씀

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 오늘 우리는 자비의 희년의 열매로 시작된 제5차 세계 가난한 이들의 날을 기념하고 있습니다. 올해의 주제는 예수님의 말씀: “가난한 이들은 늘 너희 곁에 있을 것이다.“ (마르코 14,7) 입니다. 그것은 사실입니다. 인류는 진보하고 발전하지만 가난한 사람들은 항상 우리와 함께 있으며 그들 안에 그리스도께서 계십니다. 그리스도께서 가난한 이들 안에 계십니다. 어제 그저께 우리는 아시시에서 강력한 증거와 기도의 순간을 경험했으며 여러분이 다시 경험하기를 청합니다. 여러분에게 도움이 될 것입니다. 그리고 전 세계의 교구와 본당에서 조직된 많은 연대 활동에 감사드립니다.

The cry of the poor, united with the cry of the Earth, resounded in recent days at the United Nations Climate Change Summit COP26 in Glasgow. I encourage all those with political and economic responsibilities to act now with courage and foresight; at the same time, I invite all people of good will to exercise active citizenship for the care of the common home. To this end, today, World Day of the Poor, registration begins for the Laudato Si’  platform, which promotes integral ecology.

지구의 외침과 함께 가난한 이들의 외침은 최근 글래스고에서 열린 유엔 기후 변화 정상 회담 COP26에서 울려 퍼졌습니다. 저는 정치적, 경제적 책임이 있는 모든 사람들이 지금 용기와 선견지명을 가지고 행동할 것을 권장합니다. 동시에, 저는 선의를 가진 모든 사람들이 공동의 집을 돌보는 데 적극적인 시민의식을 행사하도록 초대합니다. 이를 위해 오늘 세계 가난한 이들의 날 (World Day of the Poor) 에 통합 생태를 촉진하는 Laudato Si' 플랫폼 등록이 시작됩니다.

Today is also World Diabetes Day, a chronic disease that afflicts many people, including young people and children. I pray for all of them and for those who share their struggle every day, as well as for the health care workers and volunteers who assist them.

오늘은 또한 젊은이와 어린이를 포함한 많은 사람들을 괴롭히는 만성 질환인 세계 당뇨병의 날입니다. 저는 그들 모두와 매일 그들의 고군분투를 함께 하는 사람들, 그리고 그들을 돕는 의료진과 자원봉사자들을 위해 기도합니다.

And now I greet all of you, faithful of Rome and pilgrims from various countries. I see many flags there... Especially those who have come from Spain and Poland. I greet the scout group from Palestrina and the faithful from the parish of San Timoteo  in Rome and from the parish of Bozzolo. I wish you all a happy Sunday. And please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch. Arrivederci !

이제 로마의 신자들과 여러 나라에서 온 순례자 여러분께 인사를 드립니다. 거기에 깃발이 많이 보입니다. 특히 스페인과 폴란드에서 온 깃발이 보입니다. 팔레스트리나의 스카우트 그룹과 로마의 산 티모테오 본당과 보졸로 본당의 신자들에게 인사를 드립니다. 모두 행복한 일요일 보내시기 바랍니다. 그리고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 맛있게 드시고 다음에 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.