영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2021.10.10)

최고관리자
2021.12.08 17:21 211 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (10 October 2021)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! Today’s Liturgy offers us the encounter between Jesus and a man who “had great possessions” (Mk 10:22), and who went down in history as “the rich young man” (cf. Mt 19:20-22). We do not know his name. The Gospel of Mark actually speaks of him as “a man”, without mentioning his age or name, suggesting that we can all see ourselves in this man, as though in a mirror. His encounter with Jesus, in fact, allows us to test our faith. Reading this, I test myself on my faith.

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 연중 제28주일 (2021년 10월 10일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례는 예수님과 “많은 재물을 가진” (마르 코 10,22) 사람, “부자 청년” (마태오 19,20-22 참조) 으로 전해져 내려오는 사람과의 만남을 전합니다. 우리는 그의 이름을 모릅니다. 마르코 복음은 실제로 나이나 이름을 언급하지 않고 그를 “남자”라고 말하는데, 이는 우리 모두가 거울에 비치는 것처럼 이 사람 안에 우리 자신을 볼 수 있음을 시사합니다. 사실 그의 예수님과의 만남은 우리의 믿음을 시험할 수 있게 합니다. 이것을 읽으면서 저는 저의 믿음에 대해 저 자신을 테스트합니다.

The man begins with a question: “What must I do to inherit eternal life?” (v. 17). Notice the verbs he uses: “must do” – “inherit”. Here is his religiosity: a duty, a doing so as to obtain; “I do something to get what I need”. But this is a commercial relationship with God, a quid pro quo. Faith, on the other hand, is not a cold, mechanical ritual, a “must-do-obtain”. It is a question of freedom and love. Faith is a question of freedom, it is a question of love. Here is a first test: what is faith for me? If it is mainly a duty or a bargaining chip, we are off track, because salvation is a gift and not a duty, it is free and cannot be bought. The first thing to do is to free ourselves of a commercial and mechanical faith, which insinuates the false image of an accounting and controlling God, not a father. And very often in life we experience this “commercial” relationship of faith: I do this, so that God will give me that.

그 남자는 “제가 영원한 생명을 받으려면 무엇을 해야 합니까?” (17절) 라는 질문으로 시작합니다. 그가 사용하는 동사에 주목 하십시오: “해야 한다” – “상속 받는다.” 여기에 그의 종교성이 있습니다. 의무, 얻기 위해 행하는 것; “나는 내가 필요한 것을 얻기 위해 무언가를 한다.” 그러나 이것은 하느님과의 상업적 관계입니다. 대가를 지불하는 것입니다. 반면에 믿음은 차갑고 기계적인 의식, 즉 “꼭 해야 얻는 것”이 아닙니다. 그것은 자유와 사랑의 문제입니다. 믿음은 자유의 문제이고, 그것은 사랑의 문제입니다. 여기 첫 번째 시험이 있습니다. 나에게 믿음이란 무엇입니까? 그것이 주로 의무나 협상카드라면 우리는 궤도를 벗어나 있습니다. 왜냐하면 구원은 선물이지 의무가 아니기 때문입니다. 구원은 무료이고 돈으로 살 수 없습니다. 가장 먼저 해야 할 일은 우리 자신을 상업적, 기계적 믿음으로부터 자유롭게 하는 것입니다. 상업적, 기계적 믿음은 하느님이 아버지가 아니라 셈하고 통제하는 분이라는 거짓 이미지를 암시합니다. 그리고 우리는 삶에서 매우 자주 이 이 믿음의 "상업적인" 관계를 경험합니다. 즉, 하느님께서 저것을 내게 주시도록 나는 이것을 합니다.

Jesus, in the second step, helps this man by offering him the true face of God. Indeed, the text says, “Jesus looking upon him loved him” (v. 21): this is God! This is where faith is born and reborn: not from a duty, not from something that is to be done or paid, but from a look of love to be welcomed. In this way Christian life becomes beautiful, if it is based not on our abilities and our plans; it is based on God’s gaze. Is your faith, is my faith tired? Do you want to reinvigorate it? Look for God's gaze: sit in adoration, allow yourself to be forgiven in Confession, stand before the Crucified One. In short, let yourself be loved by him. This is the starting point of faith: letting oneself be loved by him, by the Father.

예수님께서는 두 번째 단계에서 그에게 하느님의 진정한 얼굴을 보여줌으로써 이 사람을 도우십니다. 참으로, 본문은 "예수님께서는 그를 사랑스럽게 바라보시며“ (21절) 라고 전합니다.  하느님은 이러하십니다. 여기에서 믿음이 생겨나고 다시 생겨납니다. 의무로부터 또는 해야 하거나 지불해야 하는 무엇으로부터가 아니라 환영하는 사랑의 시선으로부터 믿음이 생깁니다. 이런 식으로 즉, 삶이 우리의 능력이나 우리의 계획에 근거하지 않으면, 그리스도인의 삶은 아름다워집니다. 그것은 하느님의 시선에 근거합니다. 당신의 믿음은, 나의 믿음은 지쳐있나요? 믿음에 활력을 주기를 원하십니까? 하느님의 시선을 찾으십시오. 성체조배하며, 고해성사로 용서를 받으며, 십자가에 처형되신 분 앞에 서서 하느님의 시선을 찾으십시오. 한마디로, 그분의 사랑을 받도록 하십시오. 이것이 믿음의 출발점입니다. 자신이 그분의 사랑을 받도록 하는 것, 아버지의 사랑을 받도록 하는 것입니다.

After the question and the look there is – the third and final step – an invitation from Jesus, who says: “You lack one thing”. What was that rich man lacking? Giving, gratuitousness. “Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor” (v. 21). It is perhaps what we are missing too. Often, we do the bare minimum, whereas Jesus invites us to do the maximum possible. How many times are we satisfied with doing our duties – the precepts, a few prayers, and many things like that – whereas God, who gives us life, asks us for the impetus of life! In today’s Gospel we see clearly this passage from duty to giving; Jesus begins by recalling the Commandments: “Do not kill, do not commit adultery, do not steal….”, and so on (v. 19) and arrives at a positive proposal: “Go, sell, give, follow me!” (cf. v. 21). Faith cannot be limited to “do not”, because Christian life is a “yes” a “yes” of love.

질문과 시선 후에 - 세 번째이자 마지막 단계인 - 예수님의 초대가 있습니다. 예수님께서  “너에게 부족한 것이 하나 있다.” 라고 말씀하십니다. 베푸는 것, 거저 받는 것이 부족합니다. “가서 가진 것을 팔아 가난한 이들에게 주어라.” (21절) 그것은 아마 우리도 놓치고 있는 것일 것입니다. 종종 우리는 최소한을 하는 반면 예수님께서 우리에게 가능한 최대를 하라고 초대하십니다. 얼마나 자주 우리는 계명, 약간의 기도, 그리고 그와 같은 많은 일 등의 우리의 의무를 행하는데 만족합니까? 반면에 우리에게 생명을 주시는 하느님께서 우리에게 생명의 원동력을 청하십니다. 오늘의 복음에서 우리는 의무로부터 베품으로 가는 이 길을 분명히 봅니다. 예수님께서는 계명을 회상하시면서 시작하십니다. “살인하지 마라, 간음하지 마라, 도둑질하지 마라....” 등등 (19절) 그리고 긍정적인 제언에 도달하십니다.  “가서 팔고, 주고, 나를 따라라!” (21절) 믿음은 “하지 마라”로 제한될 수 없습니다. 그리스도인의 삶은 “예”라는 응답이기 때문입니다. 사랑의 “예”라는 응답입니다.

Dear brothers and sisters, a faith without giving, a faith without gratuitousness is an incomplete faith. We could compare it to rich and nourishing food that nonetheless lacks flavour, or a more or less well-played game, but without a goal: no, it isn’t good, it lacks “salt”. A faith without giving, without gratuitousness, without works of charity, makes us sad in the end: just like that man whose “face fell” and returned home “sorrowful”, even though he had been looked upon with love by Jesus in person. Today we can ask ourselves: “At what point is my faith? Do I experience it as something mechanical, like a relationship of duty or interest with God? Do I remember to nourish it by letting myself be looked at and loved by Jesus?” Letting oneself be looked at and loved by Jesus; letting Jesus look at us, love us. “And, attracted by him, do I respond freely, with generosity, with all my heart?”.

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 베풀지 않는 믿음, 거저 받는 것이 없는 믿음은 불완전한 믿음입니다. 우리는 그것을 풍부하고 영양가 있지만 맛이 없는 음식, 또는 골을 못 넣은 그럭저럭 잘 한 게임에 비교할 수 있습니다. 그것은 좋지 않습니다. “소금”이 부족합니다. 베품이 없는 믿음, 거저 받는 것이 없는 믿음, 자선활동이 없는 믿음은 결국 우리를 슬프게 합니다. 예수님께서 친히 사랑의 눈길로 바라보셨음에도 불구하고 “울상이 되어” “슬퍼하며” 집으로 돌아간 그 남자와 똑같습니다. 오늘 우리는 자문할 수 있습니다. “나의 믿음은 어느 위치에 있습니까? 나의 믿음을 기계적인 무엇, 하느님과의 의무의 관계 또는 이해의 관계로 경험합니까? 나는 예수님께서 나 자신을 바라보시고 사랑하시는 것을 느낌으로써 나의 믿음을 성장시킨다는 것을 기억합니까?” 자신이 예수님의 시선을 받고 예수님의 사랑을 받도록 하는 것. 예수님께서 바라보시고 사랑하시도록 하는 것. “그리고 그분께 끌려서, 나는 자발적으로, 관대하게, 나의 온 마음을 다하여 응답합니까?”

May the Virgin Mary, who said a total “yes” to God, a “yes” without “but” – it is not easy to say “yes” without “but”: Our Lady did just that, a “yes” without a “but” - let us savour the beauty of making life a gift.

하느님께 전적으로 “예”라고 응답하였던, “그렇지만” 없이 “예”라고 응답하였던 - “그렇지만” 없이 “예”라고 말하기는 쉽지 않습니다. 우리의 성모님은 바로 그 “그렇지만” 없는 “예”를 하셨습니다. - 동정 마리아여 저희가 삶을 선물로 만드는 아름다움을 만끽하게 하소서.

After the Angelus

Dear brothers and sisters, Today, again, I have the joy of announcing the proclamation of new Blesseds. Yesterday, María Lorenza Longo, sixteenth-century spouse and mother, was beatified in Naples. A widow, she founded in Naples the Hospital for the Incurably Ill and the Capuchin Poor Clares. A woman of great faith and an intense life of prayer, she did all she could for the needs of the poor and the suffering. Also today, in Tropea, Calabria, Father Francesco Mottola, founder of the Oblates of the Sacred Heart, who died in 1969, was beatified. A zealous pastor and tireless proclaimer of the Gospel, he was an exemplary witness of a priesthood lived in charity and in contemplation. Let us applaud these new Blesseds!

삼종기도 후의 말씀:

사랑하는 형제자매 여러분, 오늘 저는 다시 새 복자들의 탄생을 발표하는 기쁨을 갖습니다.  어제, 16세기 배우자이자 어머니인 마리아 로렌자 롱고가 나폴리에서 시복되었습니다. 미망인인 그녀는 나폴리에 불치병 병원과 카푸친 가난한 글라라 수도회를 설립했습니다. 위대한 신앙과 기도의 삶을 살았던 그녀는 가난한 사람들과 고통 받는 사람들을 위해 할 수 있는 모든 일을 했습니다. 또한 오늘, 칼라브리아의 트로페아에서 1969년에 사망한 성심 오브라테 수도회의 창설자인 프란체스코 모톨라 신부가 시복되었습니다. 열성적인 사제이며 지칠 줄 모르는 복음 선포자였던 그는 자선과 관상으로 산 사제직의 모범적인 증인이었습니다. 이 새로운 복자들에게 환호의 박수를 보냅시다.

Today, on the occasion of World Mental Health Day, I would like, to remember our brothers and sisters affected by mental disorders and also the victims, often young, of suicide. Let us pray for them and for their families, so that they are not left alone or discriminated against, but welcomed and supported.

오늘 세계정신건강의 날을 맞아 저는 정신 질환으로 고통 받는 우리 형제자매들과 또한 자살의 희생자들을 (종종 어린 나의의) 기억하고 싶습니다. 그들과 그들의 가족을 위해 기도합시다. 그들이 외롭거나 차별받지 않고 환영받고 지지받을 수 있도록 기도합시다.

I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from various countries: families, groups, associations and individual faithful. In particular, I greet the faithful of Bussolengo and Novoli; the confirmands of the parish of the Resurrection in Rome and the Cooperativa del Sole of Corbetta. I also see that there are people from Montella, and I greet them... With the image of Sister Bernadette. Let us pray for her prompt canonisation.

저는 로마인과 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들 - 가족, 단체, 협회, 개인 신자들 - 께 인사드립니다. 특히 저는 부솔렝고와 노볼리의 신자들, 로마의 부활 본당과 코르베타의 Cooperativa del Sole의 견진자들에게 인사를 드립니다. 몬텔라에서 온 분들도 보입니다. 그분들께 인사드립니다. 베르나데트 수녀님의 초상을 들고 계십니다. 그분의 신속한 시성을 위해 기도합시다.

I wish you all a blessed Sunday. And please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch and arrivederci!

모두 복된 주일 보내시길 빕니다. 그리고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 점심 잘 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.