영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2021.09.26)

최고관리자
2021.10.03 17:12 205 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time (26 September 2021)

Dear brothers and sisters, buongiorno! The Gospel of today’s Liturgy recounts a brief dialogue between Jesus and the Apostle John, who speaks on behalf of all the entire group of disciples. They saw a man who was casting out demons in the name of the Lord, but they stopped him because he was not part of their group. At this point, Jesus invites them not to hinder those who do good, because they contribute to the fulfilment of God's plan (cf. Mk 9:38-41). Then He admonishes them: instead of dividing people into good and bad, we are all called to watch, be vigilant over our own hearts, lest we succumb to evil and bring scandal to others (cf. vv. 42-45, 47-48).

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 연중 제26주일 (2021년 9월 26일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례 복음은 모든 제자 그룹을 대신하여 말하는 사도 요한과 예수님의 짧은 대화를 설명합니다. 그들은 주님의 이름으로 마귀를 쫓아내는 사람을 보았으나 그가 그들의 그룹에 속하지 않았기 때문에 그를 막았습니다. 이 시점에 예수님은 선을 행하는 사람들이 하느님의 계획을 성취하는 데 기여하기 때문에 방해하지 말라고 권하십니다. (마르코 9,38-41 참조) 예수님께서 그들에게 권하십니다. 사람을 선과 악으로 나누는 대신, 우리 모두는 자신의 마음을 경계하도록 부름을 받았습니다. 이는 우리가 악에 굴복하여 다른 사람들에게 어려운 문제를 일으키지 않기 위함입니다. (42-45, 47-48 절 참조)

In short, Jesus’ words reveal a temptation, and offer an exhortation. The temptation is that of closedness. The disciples would like to hinder a good deed simply because it is performed by someone who did not belong to their group. They think they have the “exclusive right over Jesus”, and that they are the only ones authorised to work for the Kingdom of God. But in this way, they end up considering feeling that they are themselves privileged and consider others as outsiders, to the extent of becoming hostile towards them. Brothers and sisters, every closure tends in fact us to keep us at a distance from those who do not think like we do, and this – we know – is the root of so many evils in history: of the absolutism that has often generated dictatorships and so much violence towards those who are different.

요컨대 예수님의 말씀은 유혹을 드러내고 권고를 제시합니다. 그 유혹은 폐쇄의 유혹입니다. 제자들은 단지 그들의 그룹에 속하지 않는 사람들이 행한다는 이유로 그들의 선행을 방해하고 싶어 합니다. 그들은 "예수님께 대한 독점적 권리"를 가지고 있으며, 하느님 나라를 위해 일할 권한이 있는 유일한 사람들이라고 생각합니다. 그러나 이런 식으로 그들은 자신이 특권을 가진 것으로 여기고, 그들에게 적대감을 가질 정도로 타인을 외부인으로 여깁니다. 형제자매 여러분, 모든 폐쇄는 사실 우리가 우리와 다르게 생각하는 사람들과 거리를 두게 만들고 이것은 우리가 알고 있듯이 역사상 많은 악의 근원입니다. 또한 종종 독재를 낳고, 다른 생각을 가진 사람들에 대해 수많은 폭력을 야기한 절대주의의 뿌리입니다.

But we need to be vigilant about closure in the Church too. Because the devil, who is the divider – this is what the word “devil” means, the one who divides – always insinuates suspicions to divide and exclude people. He tempts with using cunning, and it can happen as with those disciples, who go so far as to end up excluding even those who had cast out the devil himself! At Some times we too, instead of being humble and open communities, can give the impression of being the “top of the class” and keeping others at a distance; instead of trying to walk with everyone, we can display show off our “believer’s license”: “I am a believer”, “I am Catholic”, “I belong to this association, to that one”, and the others, poor things, do not. This is a sin. Showing off one’s “believer’s license” to judge and exclude.

그러나 우리는 교회 안에서의 폐쇄에 대해서도 경계해야 합니다. 분열시키는 마귀 - 이것이 바로 '마귀'라는 말의 뜻이며, 분열시키는 자는 - 늘 의심을 품고 사람을 분열시키고 배제하기 때문입니다. 그는 교활하게 유혹하기 때문에 그 제자들의 경우 같은 일이 일어날 수 있습니다. 제자들은 악마를 내쫓은 사람들조차 배제하기에 이릅니다. 때때로 우리도 겸손하고 개방적인 공동체가 아니라 우리가 “최고”라는, 그리고 사람들과 거리를 둔다는 인상을 줄 수 있습니다. 모든 사람과 함께 걷지 않고 우리의 "신자 면허“를 과시할 수 있습니다. 즉 ”나는 신자입니다.“ ”나는 가톨릭입니다.“ ”나는 이 협회에 속해 있고, 저 협회에 속해 있습니다.“ 그런데 다른 사람들, 불쌍한 것들은 그렇지 못합니다. 이것은 죄악입니다. 자신의 ”신자 면허“를 과시하는 것, 판단하고 배제하는 것입니다.

Let us ask for the grace to overcome the temptation to judge and to categorise, and may God preserve us from the “nest” mentality, that of jealously guarding ourselves in the small group of those who consider themselves good: the priest with his loyal followers, the pastoral workers closed up among themselves so that no one can infiltrate, the movements and associations in their own particular charism, and so on. Closed. All this runs the risk of turning Christian communities into places of separation and not of communion. The Holy Spirit does not want closedness; He wants openness, and welcoming communities where there is a place for everyone.

판단하고 분류하려는 유혹을 극복할 수 있는 은총을 청합시다. 그리고 하느님께서 우리를 “둥지” 사고방식, 즉 스스로 선하다고 여기는 작은 그룹 안에 우리 자신을 질투적으로 보호하는 사고방식으로부터 저희를 지켜주소서. 그 예는 자신에게 충성스런 추종자들과 함께 하는 사제, 자신들끼리만 폐쇄되어 아무도 침투할 수 없게 하는 사목 활동가들, 자신들의 특정 카리스마 안의 운동과 연합, 등등입니다. 닫혀있습니다. 이 모든 것은 크리스천 공동체를 친교의 장소가 아닌 분열의 장소로 만들 위험이 있습니다. 성령께서는 폐쇄를 원치 않으십니다. 성령께서는 개방성과 모든 사람들을 위한 자리를 가지고 있는 환영의 공동체를 원하십니다.

And then in the Gospel there is Jesus’ exhortation: instead of judging everything and everyone, let us beware, be careful of ourselves! Indeed, the risk is that of being inflexible towards others and indulgent towards ourselves. And Jesus urges us not to descend to making pacts with evil, with striking images: “If something in you causes you to sin, cut it off!” (cf. vv. 43-48). If something harms you, cut it off! He does not say, “If something is a reason for scandal, stop, think about it, improve a bit…”. No: “Cut it off! Immediately! Jesus is radical in this, demanding, but for our own good, like a good doctor. Every cut trim, every pruning, is so we can grow better and bear fruit in love.

그리고 복음서에는 예수님의 권고가 있습니다. 모든 것과 모든 사람을 판단하기보다는 우리 자신에 대해 조심하고 조심합시다! 진정, 위험부담은 타인에게는 경직되고 자신에게는 관대한 것입니다. 예수님께서는 우리에게 내려가서 악마와 계약을 맺지 말라고 강력하게 권하시면서 다음과 같은 말씀을 하십니다. “너의 안에 너를 죄짓게 하는 것이 있으면 잘라버려라!” (참조, 43-48 절) 무엇이 당신에게 해를 끼치면 잘라버리십시오. 예수님께서 이렇게 말씀하지 않으십니다. “무엇이 추문의 원인이면, 멈추어서, 그것에 관해 생각하고, 좀 개선하여라.” 아닙니다. “잘라버려라! 즉시!” 예수님께서 이점에서 급진적이시고 요구적이시지만 그것은 좋은 의사처럼 우리자신의 유익을 위한 것입니다. 모든 자르기와 모든 가지치기는 우리가 더 잘 자라고 사랑 안에서 열매를 맺을 수 있도록 하기 위함입니다.

Let us ask, then: what is it in me that is contrary to the Gospel? What, in concrete terms, does Jesus want me to cut out of my life?

그렇다면 내 안에 복음에 반대되는 것이 무엇이 있는지 물어봅시다. 구체적으로 예수님께서 나의 삶에서 무엇을 잘라내기를 원하십니까?

Let us pray to Mary Immaculate, that she may help us be welcoming towards others and vigilant over ourselves.

원죄 없으신 마리아께서 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 다른 사람들을 환영하고 저희 자신에 대해서는 경계하도록 기도합시다.

After the Angelus the Holy Father continued:

Dear brothers and sisters, Today we celebrate World Day of Migrants and Refugees, which this year is on the theme: “Towards an ever wider we”. It is necessary to walk together, without prejudice and without fear, beside those who are most vulnerable: migrants, refugees, displaced persons, victims of human trafficking, and the abandoned. We are called to build an ever more inclusive world, that excludes no-one.

삼종기도 후의 말씀

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 오늘 우리는 세계 이주민과 난민의 날을 기념하고 있으며 금년의 주제는 “더 넓은 우리를 향하여”입니다. 가장 취약한 사람들과 편견 없이, 두려움 없이 함께 걸어야 합니다. 그들은 이주민, 난민, 실향민, 인신매매 피해자, 버려진 사람들입니다. 우리는 누구도 배제하지 않는 더욱 포용적인 세상을 만들도록 부름을 받았습니다.

I join with those, in various parts of the world, who are celebrating this Day; I greet the faithful gathered in Loreto for the initiative of the Italian Episcopal Conference in aid of migrants and refugees. I greet and thank the various ethnic communities present here in the Square with their flags; and I greet the representatives of the Italian Caritas “APRI” project, as well as the Migrantes Office of the diocese of Rome and the Centro Astalli. Thank you all for your generous efforts!

저는 이 날을 기념하는 세계 여러 지역의 사람들과 함께합니다. 이민자와 난민을 돕기 위한 이탈리아 주교회의의 주도로 로레토에 모인 신자들에게 인사드립니다. 저는 여기 광장에 깃발을 들고 있는 다양한 민족 공동체를 환영하고 감사합니다. 그리고 저는 이탈리아 Caritas "APRI" 프로젝트의 대표자들과 로마 교구 및 Centro Astalli 의 Migrants Office 를 환영합니다. 여러분의 아낌없는 노력에 감사드립니다!

And before leaving the Square, I invite you to go over to the monument over there – where Cardinal Czerny is – the boat with the migrants, and to look closely at the expressions of those people and grasp in that look the hope that every migrant has, to start living again. Go over there and look at that monument. Do not close the doors to their hope.

그리고 광장을 떠나기 전에 체르니 추기경이 있는 저쪽에 있는 기념물, 이주민을 태운 배로 건너가 그 사람들의 표정을 자세히 살펴보고 모든 이주민들이 갖고 있는 희망을, 새로운 삶을 시작하려는 희망을 그 시선에서 파악하시기 바랍니다. 그곳으로 가서 저 기념물을 보십시오. 그들의 희망의 문을 닫지 마십시오.

I express my closeness and solidarity to those who have been affected by the eruption of the volcano on the island of La Palma, in the Canaries. I think in particular of those who have been forced to leave their homes. Let us pray to Our Lady, venerated on that island as to Nuestra Señora de las Nieves, for these people who have been sorely tried, and for the rescuers.

저는 카나리아 제도 라팔마 섬의 화산 폭발로 피해를 입은 이들에게 친밀함과 연대를 표합니다. 저는 특히 강제로 집을 떠나야 하는 사람들을 생각합니다. 그 섬에서 누에스트라 세뇨라 데 라스 니에베스 (Nuestra Señora de las Nieves) 로 숭상 받으시는 성모님께, 극심한 시련을 겪은 이 사람들과 구조자들을 위해 기도합시다.

Today, Don Giovanni Fornasini, priest and martyr, will be beatified. A parish priest zealous in charity, he did not abandon his flock during the tragic period of the Second World War, but rather he defended it to the point of bloodshed. May his heroic witness help us to face life’s trials with fortitude. A round of applause for the new Blessed!

오늘 사제이자 순교자인 Don Giovanni Fornasini 가 시복됩니다. 사랑에 열심인 본당 사제는 제2차 세계 대전의 비극적인 시기에 양 떼를 버리지 않고 피를 흘리기 까지 그들을 지켰습니다. 그의 영웅적인 증거가 우리가 삶의 시련에 불굴의 의지를 가지고 맞서도록 도우소서. 새로운 복자에게 환호의 박수를 보냅시다.

And I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from various countries. In particular, I greet the Opera Don Orione lay movement and the representation of parents and young people joined in the fight against cancer. I wish you all a blessed Sunday. And please, please do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your meal, and arrivederci!

그리고 로마인과 여러 나라의 순례자 여러분께 인사드립니다. 특히, 오페라 돈 오리온 평신도 운동과 암 퇴치에 동참한 부모와 젊은이들의 대표를 환영합니다. 모두 행복한 주일 보내시기 바랍니다. 그리고 저를 위해 기도하는 것을 잊지 마시기 바랍니다. 식사를 즐기고 또 뵙겠습니다!

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.