영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2021.08.29)

최고관리자
2021.10.03 17:07 179 0

본문

Holy Father's Address Before the Angelus [Saint Peter's Square] Twenty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time (29 August 2021)

Dear Brothers and Sisters, Buongiorno! The Gospel for today’s liturgy shows a few scribes and Pharisees amazed by Jesus’ attitude. They are scandalized because his disciples pick up food without first performing the traditional ritual ablutions. They think among themselves “This way of doing things is contrary to the religious practice” (cf. Mk 7:2-5).

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 [성 베드로 광장] 연중 제22주일 (2021년 8월 29일)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분 안녕하십니까? 오늘 전례의 복음은 예수님의 태도에 놀란 몇몇 율법학자들과 바리사이들을 보여줍니다. 그들은 예수님의 제자들이 전통적인 세정의식을 행하지 않고 음식을 드는 것을 보고 불편해 합니다. 그들은 서로 이렇게 생각합니다. “이런 행위는 종교 관습에 어긋난다.” (마르코 7,2-5 참조).

We too can ask ourselves: why do Jesus and his disciples disregard these traditions? After all, they are not bad things, but good ritual habits, simple washings before eating. Why doesn’t Jesus attend to it? Because for Him it is important to bring faith back to its centre. In the Gospel we see it repeatedly: this bringing faith back to the centre. And to avoid a risk, which applies to those scribes as well as to us: to observe outward formalities, putting the heart and the faith in the background. Many times we too “put makeup” on our soul. Outward formality and not the heart of faith: this is a risk. It is the risk of a religiosity of appearances: looking good on the outside, while failing to purify the heart. There is always the temptation to “organize God” with some outward devotion, but Jesus does not settle for this worship. Jesus does not want outward appearances, he wants a faith that touches the heart.

우리도 자문해 볼 수 있습니다. 왜 예수님과 제자들은 이 전통을 무시하나요? 결국 그 전통행위들은 나쁜 것이 아니라 좋은 의식 습관, 먹기 전에 간단한 씻기입니다. 왜 예수님께서는 그것에 관심을 두지 않으십니까? 그것은 믿음을 삶의 중심으로 되돌리는 것이 그분께 중요하기 때문입니다. 복음에서 우리는 이 믿음을 중심으로 다시 가져오는 것을 반복해서 봅니다. 우리뿐만 아니라 율법학자들에게도 적용되는 위험을 피하기 위해서입니다. 마음과 믿음을 뒤에 두고 외적 형식을 준수하는 것이 위험입니다. 많은 경우에 우리도 우리의 영혼에 “화장을 합니다.” 외적 형식과 믿음의 핵심이 아닌 이것이 위험입니다. 그것이 외모의 종교성의 위험입니다. 겉으로 좋게 보이지만 마음을 정화시키지는 못합니다. 약간의 외적 헌신으로 “하느님을 조직”하는 유혹은 항상 존재합니다. 그러나 예수님께서는 이런 예배에 만족하지 않으십니다. 예수님께서는 외모가 아니라 마음에 감동을 주는 믿음을 원하십니다.

In fact, immediately afterwards, he calls the people back to speak a great truth: “there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him” (v. 15). Rather, it is “from within, out of the heart” (v. 21) that evil things are born. These words are revolutionary, because in the mind set of the time it was thought that certain foods or external contacts would render one impure. Jesus reverses the perspective: what comes from the outside does not do harm, but rather, what is born from within.

사실, 직후에 예수님께서는 위대한 진리를 말씀하기 위해서 사람들을 다시 부르십니다. “밖에서 사람 안으로 들어가는 것은 무엇이든 그를 더럽힐 수 없다.” (15절) 오히려 악한 것들이 태어나는 것은 “속에서, 마음에서” (21절) 나옵니다. 이 말씀은 혁명적입니다. 당시 사고방식은 특정 음식이나 외부 접촉이 사람을 더럽게 한다고 생각했기 때문입니다. 예수님은 관점을 바꾸십니다. 외부에서 오는 것이 해를 끼치는 것이 아니라 오히려 내부에서 태어난 것이 해를 입히는 것입니다.

Dear brothers and sisters, this also pertains to us. We often think that evil comes mainly from the outside: from other people’s conduct, from those who think badly of us, from society. How often we blame others, society, the world, for everything that happens to us! It is always the fault of “others”: it is the fault of people, of those who govern, of misfortune, and so on. It seems that problems always come from the outside. And we spend time assigning blame; but spending time blaming others is wasting time. We become angry, bitter and keep God away from our heart. Like those people in the Gospel, who complain, who are scandalized, who cause controversy and do not accept Jesus. One cannot be truly religious in complaining: complaining poisons, it leads you to anger, to resentment and to sadness, that of the heart, which closes the door to God.

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 이것은 우리에게도 해당됩니다. 우리는 종종 악이 주로 외부, 즉 다른 사람들의 행동, 우리를 나쁘게 생각하는 사람들, 사회에서 온다고 생각합니다. 우리는 우리에게 일어나는 모든 일에 대해 얼마나 자주 다른 사람, 사회, 세상을 비난합니까! 그것은 항상 "타인"의 잘못입니다. 그것은 사람들의 잘못, 통치자들의 잘못, 불행의 탓 등등입니다. 문제는 항상 외부에서 오는 것 같습니다. 그리고 우리는 비난을 돌리는데 시간을 보냅니다. 그러나 다른 사람을 비난하는 데 시간을 보내는 것은 시간을 낭비하는 것입니다. 우리는 화를 내고 비통해하며 하느님을 우리 마음에서 멀어지게 합니다. 불평하고, 불편해 하고, 논쟁을 일으키고 예수님을 받아들이지 않는 복음에 나오는 사람들 같습니다. 불평하면서 진정으로 종교적일 수 없습니다. 불평은 독입니다. 불평은 여러분을 분노, 분개, 슬픔으로, 그리고 하느님께 문을 닫는 마음으로 이끕니다.

Today let us ask the Lord to free us from blaming others – like children: “No, it wasn’t me! It’s the other one, the other one…”. Let us ask in prayer for the grace not to waste time polluting the world with complaints, because this is not Christian. Jesus instead invites us to look at life and the world starting from our heart. If we look inside, we will find almost all that we despise outside. And if, sincerely, we ask God to purify our heart, that is when we will start making the world cleaner. Because there is an infallible way to defeat evil: by starting to conquer it within yourself.

오늘 우리는 다른 사람을 비난하는 것으로부터 우리를 해방시켜 주시도록 주님께 청합시다. - 아이들처럼 “아니요, 제가 아녜요! 다른 사람예요. 다른 사람...” 기도 안에서 불평으로 세상을 오염시키는 시간 낭비를 하지 않는 은총을 청합시다. 그것이 그리스도인 적이지 않기 때문입니다. 예수님께서는 우리가 우리의 마음을 시작으로 삶과 세상을 보도록 초대하십니다. 우리의 내면을 보면, 우리가 밖에서 경멸하는 거의 모든 것을 거기에서 발견할 것입니다. 그리고 진심으로 하느님께 우리의 마음을 깨끗하게 해주십사고 청하면, 그것이 우리가 세상을 깨끗하게 만들기 시작하는 때입니다. 악을 물리치는 확실한 방법이 있기 때문입니다. 그것은 자신 안의 악을 정복하기 시작하는 것입니다.

The first Fathers of the Church, the monks, when they were asked: “What is the path of holiness?”, the first step, they used to say, was to blame yourself: blame yourself. Blaming ourselves. How many of us, during the day, in a moment during the day or a moment during the week, are we able to blame ourselves within? “Yes, this one did this to me, the other one … that is barbarity…”. But me? I do the same thing, or I do it this way…. It is wisdom: learning to blame yourself. Try to do it, it will do you good. It does me good, when I manage to do so, but it is good for us, it does everyone good.

교회의 초대 교부인 수도승들은 “거룩함의 길이 무엇입니까?”라는 질문을 받았을 때 첫 번째 단계는 당신 자신을 비난하는 것, 즉 자신을 비난하는 것이라고 말하곤 했습니다. 우리 자신을 비난하는 것입니다. 우리 중 얼마나 많은 사람들이 낮에, 낮에 한 순간에, 한 주에 한 순간에 자신을 탓할 수 있습니까? "그래, 이 사람은 나에게 이것을 했고, 다른 사람은 .... 그건 야만적이야..." 하지만 나는? 나도 같은 것을 하거나 그것을 이런 식으로 합니다. 자신을 비난하는 것을 배우는 것은 지혜입니다. 그것을 시도하십시오, 내가 그렇게 할 수 있으면 그것은 당신에게 좋을 것입니다. 그것은 또한 우리에게 좋습니다. 그것은 모든 사람에게 좋습니다.

May the Virgin Mary, who changed history through the purity of her heart, help us to purify our own, by overcoming first and foremost the vice of blaming others and complaining about everything.

마음의 순수함을 통하여 역사를 바꾼 동정 마리아여 저희를 도우셔서 우선 무엇보다도 다른 사람들을 비난하고 모든 것에 대해 불평하는 악을 극복함으로써 우리 자신을 정화하게 하소서.

After the Angelus the Holy Father continued:

Dear brothers and sisters, with great concern I am following the situation in Afghanistan, and I take part in the suffering of those who are grieving for the persons who lost their lives in the suicide attacks that happened last Thursday, and of those who are seeking help and protection. I entrust the deceased to the mercy of Almighty God and I thank those who are striving to help that population so tried, in particular the women and children. I ask everyone to continue to help the needy and to pray that dialogue and solidarity may lead to the establishment of a peaceful and fraternal coexistence and offer hope for the country’s future. In historic moments like this one we cannot remain indifferent; the history of the Church teaches us this. As Christians this situation obligates us. For this reason I address an appeal, to everyone, to intensify your prayer and practice fasting. Prayer and fasting, prayer and penance. This is the moment to do so. I am speaking seriously: intensify your prayer and practice fasting, asking the Lord for mercy and forgiveness.

삼종기도 후의 말씀

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 저는 큰 관심을 가지고 아프가니스탄의 상황을 지켜보고 있으며, 지난 목요일 발생한 자살 폭탄 테러로 목숨을 잃은 사람들 때문에 슬퍼하는 분들과 도움과 보호를 구하는 분들의 고통에 동참합니다. 저는 고인들을 전능하신 하느님의 자비에 맡기고 그렇게 시련을 겪는 사람들, 특히 여성과 어린이들을 돕기 위해 애쓰는 분들에게 감사드립니다. 저는 모든 분들이 계속해서 도움이 필요한 사람들을 돕고, 대화와 연대가 평화롭고 형제애적인 공존의 설립으로 이어지고, 그 나라의 미래를 위한 희망을 제공하도록 기도해주실 것을 청합니다. 이와 같은 역사적 순간에 우리는 무관심할 수 없습니다. 교회의 역사는 이것을 우리에게 가르쳐 줍니다. 그리스도인으로서 이 상황은 우리에게 의무감을 지웁니다. 이러한 이유로 저는 모든 분들께 기도를 강화하고 단식을 실천하도록 호소합니다. 기도와 단식, 기도와 참회. 지금은 그렇게 하는 순간입니다. 진지하게 말씀드립니다. 기도를 강화하고 단식을 실천하며 주님께 자비와 용서를 구하십시오.

I am close to the population of the Venezuelan state of Mérida, hit in recent days by flooding and landslides. I pray for the deceased and their family members and for those who are suffering due to this catastrophe.

저는 최근 홍수와 산사태로 피해를 입은 베네수엘라 메리다 주의 사람들과 마음으로 가까이 있습니다. 저는 돌아가신 분들과 가족들 그리고 이 참사로 고통을 받고 있는 사람들을 위해 기도합니다.

I address a cordial greeting to the members of the Laudato Si’ Movement. Thank you for your commitment to our common home, particularly on the World Day of Prayer for Creation and of the subsequent Time of Creation. The cry of the Earth and the cry of the poor are becoming ever more serious and alarming, and they call for a decisive and urgent action to transform this crisis into an opportunity.

저는 '찬미 받으소서!' 운동의 회원 여러분께 정중한 인사를 드립니다. 특히 세계 창조를 위한 기도의 날과 이어지는 창조의 날에 우리 공동의 집에 대한 여러분의 헌신에 감사드립니다. 지구의 외침과 가난한 이들의 외침은 점점 더 심각해지고 경종이 되고 있습니다. 그들의 외침은 이 위기를 기회로 전환하는 결정적이고 시급한 행동을 촉구합니다.

I greet you all, Romans and pilgrims from various countries. In particular, I greet the group of Salesian novitiates and the community of the Episcopal Seminary in Caltanissetta. I greet the faithful from Zagabria and those from Veneto; the group of students, parents and teachers from Lithuania; the youth Confirmation candidates from Osio Sotto; the young people from Malta who are undertaking a vocational journey, those who have done a Franciscan hike from Gubbio to Rome and those who are beginning a Via lucis with the poor in railroad stations.

로마인과 여러 나라의 순례자 여러분께 인사드립니다. 특히 저는 살레시오 수련자 그룹과 칼타니세타에 있는 성공회 신학교 공동체를 환영합니다. 저는 Zagabria의 신자들과 Veneto의 신자들에게 인사합니다. 리투아니아의 학생, 학부모 및 교사 그룹; Osio Sotto의 청소년 견진 후보자들; 성소 여행을 하고 있는 몰타의 젊은이들, 구비오에서 로마까지 프란치스칸 하이킹을 한 사람들, 기차역에서 가난한 사람들과 함께 Via lucis를 시작하는 사람들에게 인사드립니다.

I address a special greeting to the faithful gathered at the Sanctuary of Oropa for the celebration of the coronation and of the effigy of the Black Madonna. May the Blessed Virgin accompany the journey of the People of God on the path of holiness.

검은 마돈나의  대관식과 조각상을 기념하기 위해 오로파 성지에 모인 신자들에게 특별한 인사를 전합니다. 복되신 동정녀여 성덕의 길에 있는 하느님 백성의 여정에 동행하소서.

I wish everyone a happy Sunday. Please, do not forget to pray for me. Enjoy your lunch! Arrivederci!

모두에게 행복한 주일을 빕니다. 저를 위해 기도하시는 것을 잊지 마십시오. 점심 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.