영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2020.09.13)

최고관리자
2020.09.17 09:28 188 0

본문

Pope's Address Before the Angelus (September 13, 2020)

Dear brothers and sisters, good day! In the parable in today’s Gospel reading, that of the merciful King (see Mt 18:21-35), twice we find this plea: “Be patient with me, and I will pay you back in full” (vv. 26, 29). The first time it is pronounced by the servant who owes his master ten thousand talents, an enormous sum. Today it would be millions and millions of dollars. The second time it is repeated by another servant of the same master. He too is in debt, not towards the master, but towards the same servant who has that enormous debt. And his debt is very small, maybe a week’s wages.

교황님의 삼종기도 전 말씀 (2020.9.13.)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분 안녕하십니까? 오늘의 복음에 나오는 자비로운 왕의 예화에서 (마태오 18,21-35 참조) 우리는 다음과 같은 호소를 두 번 듣습니다. “제발 참아 주십시오. 제가 다 갚겠습니다.” (26, 29 절) 첫 번째는 주인에게 거액인 일 만 탈렌트를 빚진 종이 말하였습니다. 오늘날의 가치로 보면 백만 달러의 백만 배에 해당할 것입니다. 두 번째는 같은 주인의 다른 종이 반복하였습니다. 그 또한 빚을 지었는데 주인에게가 아니고 거액을 빚진 종에게 빚을 지었습니다. 그의 빚은 아주 적은 액수로서 일주일 분의 임금정도입니다.

The heart of the parable is the indulgence the master shows towards his servant with the bigger debt. The evangelist underlines that “moved with compassion the master”- we should never forget this word of Jesus: “Have compassion”, Jesus always had compassion – “moved with compassion the master let him go and forgave him the loan” (v. 27). An enormous debt, therefore a huge remission! But that servant, immediately afterward, showed himself to be pitiless towards his companion, who owed him a modest sum. He does not listen to him, he is extremely hostile against him and has him thrown in prison until he has paid his debt (see v. 30). The master hears about this and, outraged, calls the wicked servant back and has him condemned (see vv. 32-34). “I forgave you a great deal and you are not capable of forgiving so little?”

이 예화의 핵심은 크게 빚진 종에게 보인 주인의 관대함입니다. 성경작가는 “그 종의 주인은 가엾은 마음이 들어”를 강조합니다. 우리는 예수님의 이 말씀을 절대로 잊지 못할 것입니다. “가엾은 마음이 들어...” 예수님께서는 항상 가엾은 마음을 가지셨습니다. “그 종의 주인은 가엾은 마음이 들어, 그를 놓아주고 부채도 탕감해 주었다.” (27절) 거액의 빚, 그래서 거액의 탕감입니다. 그러나 그 종이 그 직후에 자기에게 적은 액수를 빚진 동료에게 무자비함을 드러냅니다. 동료의 말을 듣지 않고 그에게 극도의 적대감을 표시하고 그가 빚을 갚을 때까지 감옥에 가둡니다. (30절 참조) 주인이 이 얘기를 듣고 분개해서 그 사악한 종을 다시 불러 혼냈습니다. (32-34 참조) “네가 청하기에 나는 너에게 큰 빚을 다 탕감해 주었다. 그런데 너는 그렇게 적은 액수를 탕감할 수 없느냐?”

In the parable, we find two different attitudes: God’s – represented by the king who forgives a lot, because God always forgives – and the human person’s. The divine attitude is justice pervaded with mercy, whereas the human attitude is limited to justice. Jesus exhorts us to open ourselves with courage to the strength of forgiveness because in life not everything can be resolved with justice. We know this. There is a need for that merciful love, which is also at the basis of the Lord’s answer to Peter’s question, which precedes the parable. Peter’s question goes like this: “Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him?” (v. 21). And Jesus replies, “I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times” (v. 22). In the symbolic language of the Bible, this means that we are called to forgive always.

이 예화에서 우리는 두 가지의 다른 태도를 봅니다. 하나는 거액을 용서해주는 왕이 보여준 하느님의 태도이고 또 하나는 인간의 태도입니다. 하느님께서는 항상 용서하시기 때문입니다. 하느님의 태도는 자비를 품은 정의입니다. 반면에 인간의 태도는 정의에 한정됩니다. 예수님께서 우리에게 권하십니다. 용기를 가지고 용서의 힘에 우리의 마음을 열라고 하십니다. 왜냐하면 삶에서 모든 것이 정의로 해결할 수 없기 때문입니다. 우리는 이것을 압니다. 이 예화의 앞에 나오는 베드로의 질문에 대한 주님의 답변에 기초한 자비의 사랑이 필요합니다. 베드로의 질문은 이렇습니다.  “주님, 제 형제가 저에게 죄를 지으면 몇 번이나 용서해 주어야 합니까? 일곱 번까지 해야 합니까?” (21절) 예수님께서 이렇게 답하십니다. “내가 너에게 말한다. 일곱 번이 아니라 일흔일곱 번까지라도 용서해야 한다.” (22절) 성경의 상징적 언어로 이것은 우리가 항상 용서하도록 부름을 받은 것을 의미합니다.

How much suffering, how many wounds, how many wars could be avoided if forgiveness and mercy were the style of our life! Even in families, even in families. How many families are disunited, who do not know how to forgive each other. How many brothers and sisters bear resentment within. It is necessary to apply merciful love to all human relationships: between spouses, between parents and children, within our communities, in the Church, and also in society and politics.

용서와 자비가 우리의 삶의 스타일이면 많은 고통, 많은 상처, 그리고 많은 전쟁을 피할 수 있습니다. 가족 안에서 조차도, 가족 안에서 조차도 그렇습니다. 서로 용서하는 방법을 모르는 많은 가족들이 분열되어 있습니다. 많은 형제자매들이 내적으로 분노를 가지고 있습니다. 모든 인간관계에 자비로운 사랑을 적용할 필요가 있습니다. 배우자 간에, 부모와 자식들 간에, 우리의 공동체 안에, 교회 안에, 그리고 사회와 정치 안에도 자비로운 사랑을 적용해야 합니다. 

Today as we were celebrating the Mass, I stopped; I was touched by a phrase in the first reading from the book of Sir. The phrase says, remember your end and stop hating. A beautiful phrase. But think of the end. Just think, you will be in a coffin… and will you take your hatred there? Think that in the end, you can stop hating and resenting. Let’s think of this phrase that is very touching. Remember your end and stop hating.

오늘 미사에서 저는 멈추었습니다. 제1독서인 집회서의 한 구절에 감동했습니다. 그 구절은 이렇게 얘기합니다. 종말을 생각하고 적개심을 버려라. 아름다운 구절입니다. 종말을 생각해보십시오. 그냥 생각해보세요. 여러분은 관에 있을 것입니다. 거기까지 미움을 가지고 가겠습니까? 생각해보십시오, 종말에 여러분은 미워하고 분개하는 것을 멈출 수 있을 것입니다. 매우 감동적인 이 구절을 생각해봅시다. 여러분의 종말을 기억하고 미움을 멈추십시오.

It is not easy to forgive because although in moments of calm we think “Yes, this person has done so many things to me but I have done many too. Better to forgive so as to be forgiven”, but then resentment returns like a bothersome fly in the summer that keeps coming back. Forgiveness isn’t something we do in a moment, it is something continuous, against that resentment, that hatred that keeps coming back. Let’s think of our end and stop hating.

용서하는 것은 쉽지 않습니다. 조용한 순간에 우리가 생각하기를 “맞아, 이 사람이 내게 많은 것을 했지. 그렇지만 나도 많은 것을 했어. 용서받기 위해 용서하는 것이 좋아.” 그러나 그때 분노가 여름의 지속적으로 달려드는 귀찮은 파리처럼 돌아옵니다. 용서는 우리가 순간에 하는 그런 것이 아니고, 용서는 계속 돌아오는 그 분노와 그 미움에 대항하는 지속적인 무엇입니다. 우리의 종말을 생각하고 미움을 버리십시오.

Today’s parable helps us to grasp fully the meaning of that phrase we recite in the Lord’s Prayer: “And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us” (see Mt 6:12). These words contain a decisive truth. We cannot demand God’s forgiveness for ourselves if we in turn do not grant forgiveness to our neighbor. It is a condition. Think of your end, of God’s forgiveness, and stop hating. Reject resentment, that bothersome fly that keeps coming back. If we do not strive to forgive and to love, we will not be forgiven and loved either.

오늘의 예화는 우리가 주님의 기도에서 우리가 드리는 다음의 구절을 완전히 이해하는 것을 도와줍니다. “저희가 저희에게 잘못한 이를 용서하듯이 저희 죄를 용서하소서.” (마태오 6,12 참조) 이 말씀은 결정적인 진리를 지니고 있습니다. 우리가 우리의 이웃을 용서하지 않으면서 우리 자신의 용서를 하느님께 요구할 수 없습니다. 그것이 조건입니다. 여러분의 종말을, 하느님의 용서를 생각하십시오. 그리고 미워하는 것을 중지하십시오. 계속 달려드는 귀찮은 파리인 분노를 거부하십시오. 우리가 용서하고 사랑하도록 노력하지 않으면 우리는 용서받지 못하고 사랑 받지 못할 것입니다.   

Let us entrust ourselves to the maternal intercession of the Mother of God: May she help us to realize how much we are in debt to God, and to remember that always, so that our hearts may be open to mercy and goodness.

우리 자신을 하느님의 어머니의 모성적 중재에 맡깁시다. 그분께서 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 하느님께 얼마나 많이 빚졌는지를 알아차리고 그것을 항상 기억하여 우리의 마음이 자비와 선에 열려있게 하소서. 

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.