영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 교리(2020.04.01)

최고관리자
2020.04.13 12:26 275 0

본문

The Holy Father’s Catechesis (General Audience on Apr 01, 2020)

Dear Brothers and Sisters, good morning! Today we read together the <eighth> Beatitude, which promises the vision of God and has, as condition, purity of heart.
A Psalm says: “My heart repeats your invitation: ‘Seek ye my face!’ Thy face, Lord, do I seek.’ Hide not thy face from me” (27:8-9).

교황님의 교리 (일반접견 2020.04.01.)

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 안녕하세요! 오늘 우리는 하느님의 비전을 약속하고, 마음의 순결을 조건으로 하는 8번째 참행복을 함께 읽겠습니다. 시편은 이렇게 말합니다. “저의 마음이 당신의 초대를 되풀이합니다 ‘너희는 내 얼굴을 찾아라’ 하신 당신을 제가 생각합니다. 주님, 제가 당신 얼굴을 찾고 있습니다. 당신 얼굴을 제게서 감추지 마십시오.”(27,8-9).

This language manifests the thirst of a personal relationship with God, not mechanical, not somewhat nebulous, no: personal, which the Book of Job also expresses as sign of a sincere relationship. The Book of Job says thus: “I had heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees Thee” (Job 42:5). And I often think that this is the way of life, of our relations with God. We know God by hearsay, but with our experience we go forward, forward, forward and in the end we know Him directly, if we are faithful . . . And this is maturity of the Spirit.

이 언어는 하느님과의 개인적 관계에 대한 목마름을 나타냅니다. 기계적이거나, 모호하지 않습니다. 개인적입니다. 욥기에서는 또한 이것이 진실 된 관계의 증표라고 표현합니다. 따라서 욥기에서는 “당신에 대하여 귀로만 들어 왔던 이 몸, 이제는 제 눈이 당신을 뵈었습니다.” (욥기 42,5) 라고 말합니다. 그리고 저는 종종 이것이 삶의 방식, 하느님과 우리의 관계의 방식 이라고 생각합니다. 우리는 하느님을 전해 들어 알지만, 우리의 체험을 통해 앞으로 계속 나아갑니다. 우리가 충실하다면 결국에는 우리가 그분을 직접 알게 됩니다.... 이것이 영의 성숙입니다.

How can one come to this intimacy, to know God with the eyes? We can think of the disciples of Emmaus, for instance, who had the Lord next to them, “but their eyes were kept from recognizing Him” (Luke 24:16). The Lord would open their eyes at the end of a journey that culminates with the breaking of the bread and that began with a reproach: “O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! (Luke 24:25).” That is the reproach of the beginning. Here is the origin of their thirst: their foolish and slow heart.

어떻게 우리의 눈으로 하느님을 아는, 이 친밀감에 도달할 수 있을까요? 우리는 예로서 엠마오의 제자들을 생각할 수 있습니다. 그들은 주님께서 옆에 계실 때, “그들은 눈이 가리어 그분을 알아보지 못하였다”(루카 24,16). 주님께서는 책망으로 시작하여 빵을 나누는 것으로 정점을 이루는 여정의 끝에, 그들의 눈을 뜨게 하십니다. “아, 어리석은 자들아! 예언자들이 말한 모든 것을 믿는 데에 마음이 어찌 그리 굼뜨냐?”(루카 24,25). 이것이 처음의 책망이었습니다. 여기에 그들의 목마름의 근원이 있는데 그것은 그들의 어리석고 굼뜬 마음입니다.

And when the heart is foolish and slow things are not seen. Things are seen as cloudy. Here is the wisdom of this Beatitude: to be able to contemplate, it’s necessary to enter within ourselves and make room for God because, as Saint Augustine says, “God is more intimate to me than myself” (“interior intimo meo,” Confessions, III, 6, 11). To see God it’s no good to change one’s eyeglasses or point of observation, or to change theological authors that teach the way: it’s necessary to free the heart from its deceits! This is the only way. This is a decisive maturation: when we realize that our worst enemy is often hidden in our heart.

그리고 마음이 어리석고 굼뜰 때는 보지 못합니다. 구름 낀 것처럼 보입니다. 여기에 이 참행복의 지혜가 있습니다. 숙고하기 위해서는 우리 안으로 들어가 하느님을 위한 공간을 마련하는 것이 필요합니다. 왜냐하면, 성 어거스틴이 말했듯이, “하느님은 제 자신보다 저에게 더 친밀하십니다.” (“interior intimo meo,” Confessions, III, 6, 11). 하느님을 보기 위해서, 우리의 안경이나 관찰 시각, 방법을 가르쳐주는 신학적 스승을 바꾸는 것은 좋지 않습니다. 기만으로부터 우리의 마음을 자유롭게 할 필요가 있습니다! 이것만이 방법입니다. 이것은 결정적인 성숙입니다. 우리의 가장 큰 적이 우리 마음속에 숨어있다는 것을 알게 되는 때입니다.

The noblest battle is that against the interior deceits that generate our sins. Because sins change one’s interior vision, change the rating of things, make one see things that aren’t true, or at least that aren’t so true. Therefore, it’s important to understand what “purity of heart” is. To do so, one must remember that for the Bible the heart doesn’t consist only of feelings, but is the most intimate place of the human being, the interior space where a person is himself — this, according to the biblical mentality.  The same Gospel of Matthew says: “If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!” (6:23). This “light” is the gaze of the heart, the perspective, the synthesis, the point from which the reality is read (Cf. Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, 143).

가장 고귀한 싸움은 우리의 죄를 발생시키는 내적 기만과의 싸움입니다. 왜냐하면, 죄는 우리의 내적 시각을 바꾸고, 사물의 평가를 바꾸고, 진실이 아닌 것들, 적어도 그다지 진실이 아닌 것들을 보게 만들기 때문입니다. 따라서, “마음의 깨끗함”이 무엇인지 이해하는 것은 중요합니다. 그렇게 하기 위해서, 우리는 성경에서 마음은 느낌만으로 구성되어 있는 것이 아니라, 인간의 가장 친밀한 장소로, 성서적 정신에 따르면, 자신이 자기 자신인 내적 공간이라는 것을 기억해야 합니다. 동일한 마태복음에서는 이렇게 말합니다. “네 안에 있는 빛이 어둠이면 그 어둠이 얼마나 짙겠느냐?”(마태 6,23). 이 “빛”은 마음의 시선, 관점, 합성, 현실이 읽히는 지점입니다 (cf. Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, 143).

However, what does a “pure” heart mean? He who is pure of heart lives in the Lord’s presence, keeping in the heart what is worthy of the relationship with Him; only thus does he have an intimate, “unified” life — linear, not torturous but simple. Hence, the purified heart is the result of a process that implies liberation and renunciation. The pure of heart is not born as such; he has lived an interior simplification, learning to renounce the evil in himself, something that in the Bible is called circumcision of the heart (Cf. Deuteronomy 10:16; 30:6; Ezekiel 44:9; Jeremiah 4:4).

그러나 “깨끗한” 마음은 무엇을 의미할까요? 마음이 깨끗한 사람은 마음속에 그분과의 관계의 중요함을 유지하며, 주님의 존재 안에서 삽니다. 이럴 때 만이 그는 친밀하고 “통합된” 삶을 살 수 있습니다. 직선적이고, 일그러지지 않고, 단순한 삶입니다. 따라서 깨끗한 마음은 자유와 포기를 암시하는 과정의 결과입니다. 마음의 깨끗함은 그렇게 타고나는 것이 아닙니다. 이러한 마음을 지닌 이는 자기 안의 악을 버리는 것을 배우며, 내적 단순함에서 삽니다. 성경에서는 마음의 할례라 부릅니다. (cf. 신명 10,16; 30,6; 에제 44,9; 예레 4,4).

This interior purification implies the recognition of that part of the heart that is under the influence of evil. — “You know, Father, I feel so, I think so, I see so, and this is awful”: to recognize the awful part, the part that is clouded by evil — to learn the art of allowing oneself always to be taught and led by the Holy Spirit. The way of the sick heart, of the sinful heart, of the heart that can’s see things well, because it is in sin; at the fullness of the heart’s light is the work of the Holy Spirit. It is He who guides this journey to fulfilment. See, through this journey of the heart, we come to “see God.”

이 내적 정화는 악의 영향 아래에 있는 마음의 일부분을 인식하는 것을 의미합니다. “아시다시피, 아버지, 저는 그렇게 느끼고, 그렇게 생각하고, 그렇게 봅니다. 이것이 끔찍합니다.” 끔찍한 부분, 악으로 가리워진 부분을 인식하기 위해서는, 늘 성령님께 배우고 성령님께 인도되는 것을 허용하는 예술을 배워야 합니다. 병든 마음, 죄지은 마음, 사물을 제대로 볼 수 없는 마음의 방식은 그것이 죄 안에 있기 때문입니다. 마음의 빛이 충만한 것은 성령님의 역사입니다. 이 여정을 충만함으로 인도하시는 분은 성령님이십니다. 보십시오, 이 마음의 여정에서, 우리는 “하느님을 보게” 됩니다.

In this Beatific Vision there is a future, eschatological dimension, as in all the Beatitudes: it’s the joy of the Kingdom of Heaven to which we are going. However there is also the other dimension: to see God means to understand the designs of Providence in what happens to us, to recognize His presence in the Sacraments, His presence in brothers, especially the poor and suffering, and to recognize Him where He manifests Himself (Cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2519).

이 참행복의 시각에는, 모든 참행복에서와 같이, 미래, 종말론적인 차원이 있습니다. 그것은 우리가 향하고 있는 하느님의 나라의 기쁨입니다. 그러나 다른 차원도 있습니다. 하느님을 본다는 것은 우리에게 일어나는 일 안에 있는 하느님 섭리의 설계를 이해하고, 성사 안에서의 그분의 현존을, 형제 안에서, 특히 가난한 이들과 고통 받는 이들 안에서 그분의 현존을 인식하고, 그분이 자신을 드러내시는 곳에서 그분을 인식하는 것을 뜻합니다. (cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2519).

This Beatitude is somewhat the fruit of the preceding ones: if we have felt the thirst of the good that dwells in us and are aware that we live of mercy, a journey of liberation begins, which lasts our whole life and leads us to Heaven. It’s a serious work, a work that the Holy Spirit does if we give Him the room to do it, if we are open to the action of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we can say that it’s a work of God in us — in the trials and purifications of life – and this work of God and of the Holy Spirit leads to a great joy, to a true peace. We must not be afraid; let us open the doors of our heart to the Holy Spirit, so that He can purify us and lead us forward on this path to full joy.

이 참행복은 앞서의 참행복의 열매 같기도 합니다. 만약 우리가 우리 안에 있는 선함에 대한 목마름을 느꼈다면, 자비 안에서 산다는 것을 알아챘다면, 우리의 전체 삶에서 지속되며 하늘나라로 우리를 인도하는, 자유의 여정이 시작됩니다. 그것은 우리가 성령님께 그 일을 하실 수 있는 공간을 드릴 때, 우리가 성령님의 행동에 문을 열 때, 성령님께서 해주시는 중요한 작업입니다. 따라서 우리는 그것이 삶의 시험과 정화에서 우리 안에서의 하느님의 역사라고 할 수 있습니다. 하느님의, 그리고 성령님의 이 역사는 큰 기쁨과 진정한 평화로 인도합니다. 우리는 두려워해서는 안 됩니다. 우리의 마음의 문을 성령님께 열어서, 성령님께서 우리를 정화시키시고, 충만한 기쁨의 길로 우리를 인도하시도록 합시다.

[Original text: Italian] [ZENIT’s translation by Virginia M. Forrester]

한글번역: 황민영 줄리아

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.