영어성경묵상

영어성경묵상

교황님의 삼종기도 강론(2024.08.25)

최고관리자
2024.08.28 17:01 527 0

본문

POPE FRANCIS ANGELUS, Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time, Saint Peter's Square, 25 August 2024

Dear brothers and sisters, happy Sunday! Today the Gospel of the liturgy (Jn 6:60-69) relates to us the famous response of Saint Peter, who says to Jesus: "Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life." (Jn 6:68). It is a very beautiful expression that gives witness to the friendship and manifests the trust that bind him to Christ, along with the other disciples. "Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life." Beautiful.

프란치스코 교황, 삼종기도, 연중 제 21주일, 2024.8.25.

친애하는 형제자매 여러분, 복된 주일입니다. 오늘 전례 복음(요한복음 6:60-69)은 성 베드로의 유명한 대답을 우리에게 전합니다. 베드로 성인은 예수님께 다음과 같이 답합니다. “주님, 저희가 누구에게 가겠습니까? 주님께는 영원한 생명의 말씀이 있습니다.” (요한복음 6:68) 그것은 우정을 증거하고 다른 제자들과 함께 그리스도와 그를 묶는 신뢰를 나타내는 매우 아름다운 표현입니다. “주님, 저희가 누구에게 가겠습니까? 주님께는 영원한 생명의 말씀이 있습니다.” 아름답습니다.

Peter speaks these words at a critical moment. Jesus has just finished a discourse in which he said he was the "bread come down from heaven" (cf. Jn 6:41). It is a difficult language for people to understand and many, even disciples who were following Him, abandon Him because they did not understand.

베드로는 결정적인 순간에 이 말씀을 드립니다. 예수님께서 방금 자신이 "하늘에서 내려온 빵"이라고 하신 설교를 마치셨습니다. (요한복음 6:41 참조) 그것은 사람들이 이해하기 어려운 말씀이고,  많은 사람이, 예수님을 따르던 제자들조차도, 이해하지 못하여, 예수님을 떠납니다.

The Twelve, however, remained with Him. They stayed because in Him they found "words of eternal life." They heard Him preach, they saw the miracles He performed, and they continue to share with Him public moments and the intimacy of daily life (cf. Mk 3:7-19).

그러나 열두 제자는 예수님을 떠나지 않았습니다. 그들은 그분에게서 “영원한 생명의 말씀”을 발견했기 때문에 그대로 있었습니다. 그들은 설교를 들었고 그분께서 행하신 기적을 보았으며 그들은 계속해서 그분과 함께 공적인 순간들 그리고 일상생활의 친밀함을 공유합니다. (마르코복음 3:7-19 참조)

The disciples do not always understand what the Master says and does. At times they struggle to accept the paradoxes of His love (cf. Mt 5:38-48), the extreme demands of His mercy (cf. Mt 18:21-22), the radical nature of His way of giving Himself to all. It is not easy for them to understand, but they are faithful. Jesus' choices often go beyond common thinking, beyond the very canons of institutional religion and traditions to the point of creating provocative and embarrassing situations (cf. Mt 15:12). It is not easy to follow Him.

제자들은 스승께서 말씀하시고 행동하시는 것을 항상 이해하지는 못합니다. 때때로 제자들은 그분 사랑의 역설들 (마태복음 5:38-48 참조), 그분 자비의 극단적인 요구들 (마태복음 18:21-22 참조), 자신을 모든 사람에게 주시는 그분 방식의 급진적인 본성을 받아들이는데 어려움을 겪습니다. 그들이 이해하기는 쉽지 않지만 그들은 충실합니다. 예수님의 선택은 종종 일반적인 사고방식과 제도적 종교와 전통의 규범을 넘어 도발적이고 당혹스러운 상황을 만드는 정도까지 이릅니다. (마태복음 15:12 참조) 그분을 따르는 것이 쉽지 않습니다.

Yet, among the many teachers of that time, Peter and the other apostles found only in Him the answer to the thirst for life, for joy, for love that animates them. Only thanks to Him did they experience the fullness of life they seek, beyond the limits of sin and even death. Therefore, they do not leave. Indeed, all but one, even amidst many falls and times of repentance will remain with Him to the end (cf. Jn 17:12).

그러나 당시의 많은 스승들 가운데, 베드로와 다른 사도들은 오직 그분에게서만 그들에게 활력을 주는 생명, 기쁨, 그리고 사랑의 갈증에 대한 해답을 찾았습니다. 오직 그분 덕분에 그들은 죄와 죽음의 한계를 넘어 그들이 추구하는 삶의 충만함을 경험했습니다. 그래서 그들은 떠나지 않습니다. 진정으로 한 사람을 제외한 모든 사도들이 많은 실패와 많은 회개의 시간에도 불구하고 그분과 끝까지 함께 있을 것입니다. (요한복음 17:12 참조)

And, brothers and sisters, this also concerns us. Even for us it is not easy to follow the Lord, to understand His way of acting, to make His criteria and His example our own. It is not easy for us. However, the closer we are to Him - the more we adhere to His Gospel, receive His grace in the Sacraments, stay in His company in prayer, imitate Him in humility and charity - the more we experience the beauty of having Him as our Friend and realise that He alone has the "words of eternal life."

그리고 형제자매 여러분, 이것은 우리에게도 중요합니다. 우리에게도 주님을 따르고, 그분의 행동 방식을 이해하고, 그분의 기준과 그분의 모범을 우리 것으로 하는 것이 쉽지 않습니다. 우리에게 쉽지 않습니다. 그러나 우리가 그분께 더 가까이 있을수록 - 우리가 그분의 복음을 더 따를수록, 성사에서 그분의 은총을 더 받고, 기도 중에 그분과 더 머물고, 그분의 겸손과 사랑을 더 본받고, - 그분을 우리의 친구로 삼는 아름다움을 더 경험할수록 우리는 그분에게만이 “영원한 생명의 말씀” 이 있다는 것을 깨닫습니다.

Then we can ask ourselves: how much is Jesus present in my life? How much do I let myself be touched and moved by His words? Can I say that they are also "words of eternal life" for me? To you, my brother, my sister, I ask: Are the words of Jesus, for you - also for me - words of eternal life? May Mary, who received Jesus, the Word of God, in her flesh, help us to listen to Him and never leave Him.

그러면 우리는 자문할 수 있습니다. 나의 삶에 예수님께서 얼마나 많이 존재하시나? 나는 그분의 말씀에 얼마나 많이 감동 받는가? 그분의 말씀이 나에게도 “영원한 생명의 말씀”이라고 나는 말할 수 있는가? 내 형제, 내 자매, 여러분에게 제가 묻습니다. 예수님의 말씀이 당신에게 - 또한 저에게 - 영원한 생명의 말씀입니까? 하느님의 말씀이신 예수님을 당신의 육신으로 받으신 성모 마리아여 저희를 도우셔서 저희가 그분께 귀 기울이고 그분을 절대로 떠나지 않게 하소서!

After praying the Angelus the Holy Father continued:
Dear brothers and sisters! I wish to express my solidarity with the thousands of people affected by Mpox (monkeypox), which is now a global health emergency. I pray for all those infected, especially the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo suffering greatly. I express my sympathy to the local Churches in the countries most affected by this disease and I encourage governments and private industries to share available technology and treatments so that no one lacks adequate medical care.

삼종기도 후에
사랑하는 형제자매 여러분! 저는 현재 전 세계적 건강 긴급사태인 Mpox(원숭이두창)에 걸린 수천 명의 사람들과 저의 연대를 표합니다. 저는 감염된 모든 사람들, 특히 큰 고통을 겪고 있는 콩고 민주 공화국 사람들을 위해 기도합니다. 저는 이 질병에 가장 큰 피해를 입은 국가의 지역 교회에 동정을 표하고, 정부와 민간 기업이 이용 가능한 기술과 치료법을 공유하여 아무도 적절한 의료를 받지 못하는 일이 없도록 부탁드립니다.

To the beloved people of Nicaragua: I encourage you to renew your hope in Jesus. Remember that the Holy Spirit always guides history towards higher projects. May the Immaculate Virgin protect you in times of trial and help you feel her motherly tenderness. May Our Lady accompany the beloved people of Nicaragua.

사랑하는 니카라과 국민에게: 예수님께 대한 여러분의 희망을 새롭게 하시도록 격려합니다. 성령께서 역사를 항상 더 높은 프로젝트로 이끄신다는 것을 기억하십시오. 원죄 없으신 동정마리아께서 시련의 때에 여러분을 보호하시고, 여러분이 그분의 모성적 친절을 느끼도록 도와주시길 빕니다. 우리의 성모님, 사랑하는 니카라과 국민과 동반하소서!

I continue to follow with sorrow the fighting in Ukraine and the Russian Federation. And in thinking about the laws recently adopted in Ukraine, I fear for the freedom of those who pray, because those who truly pray always pray for all. A person does not commit evil because of praying. If someone commits evil against his people, he will be guilty for it, but he cannot have committed evil because he prayed. So let those who want to pray be allowed to pray in what they consider their Church. Please, let no Christian Church be abolished directly or indirectly. Churches are not to be touched! And let us continue to pray for an end to wars, in Palestine, in Israel, in Myanmar and in every other region. The people are asking for peace! Let us pray that the Lord will give us all peace.

저는 우크라이나와 러시아연방의 전쟁을 슬픔 속에 지켜보고 있습니다. 그리고 우크라이나에서 최근 채택된 법률을 생각하면서, 기도하는 사람들의 자유가 두렵습니다. 왜냐하면 진정으로 기도하는 사람들은 항상 모든 사람을 위해 기도하기 때문입니다. 기도한다고 해서 악을 행하는 것은 아닙니다. 누군가가 자신의 백성에게 악을 행하면 그는 유죄이지만, 기도했다고 그가 악을 행했다고 할 수 없습니다. 그러므로 기도하고자 하는 사람들이 자신의 교회라고 생각하는 곳에서 기도할 수 있도록 허락해 주십시오. 제발, 어떤 기독교 교회도 직접 또는 간접적으로 폐지되지 않도록 하십시오. 교회는 건드리지 마십시오! 그리고 팔레스타인, 이스라엘, 미얀마, 그리고 다른 모든 지역에서 전쟁이 종식되기를 계속 기도합시다. 사람들은 평화를 요구하고 있습니다! 주님께서 우리 모두에게 평화를 주십사고 기도합시다.

I greet all of you, Romans and pilgrims from Italy and from many countries. In particular, I greet the new seminarians of the North American College and wish them a good formative journey; and I also wish them to live their priesthood with joy, because true prayer gives us joy. I greet the young people with motor and cognitive disabilities, who are taking part in the "relay of inclusion" to affirm that barriers can be overcome. I greet my friends, the young people of the Immaculata.
And I wish everyone a good Sunday. Please do not forget to pray for me. Have a good lunch and arrivederci!

저는 여러분 모두, 로마인과 이탈리아와 여러 나라에서 온 순례자들께 인사드립니다. 특히 북미 대학의 신입 신학생들에게 인사드리고 좋은 양성 여정을 기원합니다. 또한 그들이 기쁨으로 사제직을 살아가기를 바랍니다. 왜냐하면 참된 기도는 우리에게 기쁨을 주기 때문입니다. 저는 장벽을 극복할 수 있다는 것을 확인하기 위해 "포함의 릴레이"에 참여하는 행동 및 인지 장애가 있는 젊은이들에게 인사드립니다. 저는 친구이자 Immaculata의 젊은이들에게 인사드립니다. 그리고 여러분 모두 복된 주일 보내시고, 저를 위한 기도 잊지 마시길 부탁드립니다. 점심 즐겁고 맛있게 드시고 또 뵙겠습니다.

한글 번역: 윤영학 아오스딩

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.